Squad limit

Re: Squad limit

There are many teams wiht more than 60 players. with this limit' date=' the game will be more competitive, the teams with less money could sign more players 89 or 90+[/quote']

Not sure what you mean.

I don't think SM should have a squad limit as theres no limit in real life?

Not sure what you mean.

I don't think SM should have a squad limit as theres no limit in real life?

There are limits in the real life. Teams have to register for national competitions 25 players in Spain. And for playing in UEFA competitions too.

sm are introducing player ai soon so players who do not get game time will request to leave :

therefore no need for a squad cap as the players who are hogged and not played will ask to leave eventually so this problem should be solved soon :)

if the players riting is high inf to play that is!! not the 80 or 70 U20 players..

think it would work :)

if the players riting is high inf to play that is!! not the 80 or 70 U20 players..

think it would work :)

not the 80 rated players i dont understand :confused: ??

73 rated players are becoming increasingly unhappy so how is thta not high enough the 70 / 80 rated U20 players are becoming unhappy so your kind of wrong unless i have misunderstood you ?

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

There are many teams wiht more than 60 players. with this limit' date=' the game will be more competitive, the teams with less money could sign more players 89 or 90+[/quote']

Hi,

It is up to each manager to decide how many players they want within their squad. However, once the Player AI is introduced this will add an extra dimension to the game and make them think even more about who they actually need.

If this happens and i can no longer compete with my small-stadium teams like Oxford United and Leyton Orient, i will quit SM. My challenge is to be a good manager and build small teams. Without being able to keep a large squad and make money from transfers my interest in the game will be finished.

I can see that this is a business decision and i can understand it to a degree, but i think this will mainly help the big clubs with the big stadiums who can generate money anyway. As if they need help.

Hi' date='

It is up to each manager to decide how many players they want within their squad. However, once the Player AI is introduced this will add an extra dimension to the game and make them think even more about who they actually need.

do sub appearnces count as appearences so if i bring people on in the 75th minute every league game will they be happy with this or still request to leave as they are getting games but not the time they would like ?

basically do 75 min sub appearcnes still count and would the player request to leave if he only came on as a 75 minute sub and during cup games ?

from what i have seen so far in westgate the player ai is a good thing and although some of my players are unhappy it is a good thing because as a manager i now have to take action and try to fit them into my team to prevent them leaving :) i think it is a great change and adds a new feature to the manager feature so well done SM on this change so far :)

My gripe with this player AI thing is that IMO every team should have at least a first team, a shadow team, and then some youths for the future in order to rise and come into the first team as real-life performance gets better.

Take my Arsenal in a GC for example, starting with the normal squad I've managed to amass a first team with a average rating of 93, a shadow squad for cup games, injuries and to stop players becomin nmf with an average rating of 89, some youngsters rated between 80-87 with potential to get into first team soon, and some younger 70-80 players who may or may not rise but have seen on the forum with potential so if they're available, why not?

My problem is that with smaller squads due to players requesting transfers, that it ends up in your first team playing Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and becoming NMF.

I have no problem with a "cap" as long as it's a reasonable one and allows for a first team, shadow team and youth team, 40ish players should be enough to serve that purpose.

And a point that SM have not thought of I think, is that it will make the transfer market more stagnant than it has become already. Every new setup i join the transfer activity seems to becoming less and less. This will dwindle even more as teams will not spend any of their transfer budget and sit tight and wait for players becoming unhappy and taking advantage of forced sales for cash. It's an awful addition.

My alternative would be for a cap of like I say 40 players, and for any "unhappy players" to be added to the loan list for the chairman to accept and once accepted by the chairman then it's for a fixed term and cannot be recalled. The parent club then retains the player and another club gets the benefit for a fixed period.

And, if the AI thing does come in, the best way to do it would be for players to reject new contracts, and to leave at the end of the current season in an "auction", with a new "auction list" introduced of players at the end of each season with an end date for potential bids, and interested clubs bid for these players and he goes to the highest bidder above chairman value. Beats losing a player because someone has become unhappy, placed on the transfer list then the first bid accepted for just over chairman value mid-season and allows the club losing the player to get best value.

40 players is a good idea. 22 players for the first team and 18 young talents players. This would make the strongest teams could not have all the stars and divided among more teams. In my league, Real Madrid has more than 70 players! and it is very difficult to buy one. So the new managers can not ever improve

My gripe with this player AI thing is that IMO every team should have at least a first team' date=' a shadow team, and then some youths for the future in order to rise and come into the first team as real-life performance gets better.

Take my Arsenal in a GC for example, starting with the normal squad I've managed to amass a first team with a average rating of 93, a shadow squad for cup games, injuries and to stop players becomin nmf with an average rating of 89, some youngsters rated between 80-87 with potential to get into first team soon, and some younger 70-80 players who may or may not rise but have seen on the forum with potential so if they're available, why not?

My problem is that with smaller squads due to players requesting transfers, that it ends up in your first team playing Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and becoming NMF.

I have no problem with a "cap" as long as it's a reasonable one and allows for a first team, shadow team and youth team, 40ish players should be enough to serve that purpose.

And a point that SM have not thought of I think, is that it will make the transfer market more stagnant than it has become already. Every new setup i join the transfer activity seems to becoming less and less. This will dwindle even more as teams will not spend any of their transfer budget and sit tight and wait for players becoming unhappy and taking advantage of forced sales for cash. It's an awful addition.

My alternative would be for a cap of like I say 40 players, and for any "unhappy players" to be added to the loan list for the chairman to accept and once accepted by the chairman then it's for a fixed term and cannot be recalled. The parent club then retains the player and another club gets the benefit for a fixed period.

And, if the AI thing does come in, the best way to do it would be for players to reject new contracts, and to leave at the end of the current season in an "auction", with a new "auction list" introduced of players at the end of each season with an end date for potential bids, and interested clubs bid for these players and he goes to the highest bidder above chairman value. Beats losing a player because someone has become unhappy, placed on the transfer list then the first bid accepted for just over chairman value mid-season and allows the club losing the player to get best value.[/quote']

to help you out i would suggest the following :

loan 3 players in every game ( if they are close to your starting 11 average eg i have avg of 93 but will bring mata + cazorla + hamsik on at the end of this game then ben arfa, kuzmanovic and diego capel next game etc etc and rotate thus getting the game time so do not become unhappy but get the games and do not ruin your team as if oyu put them on at 75 mins when winning they won't cost you points or anything in your leage + play them in cup games and save your league team fitness so they do not become nmf :)

hope this advice helps

to help you out i would suggest the following :

loan 3 players in every game ( if they are close to your starting 11 average eg i have avg of 93 but will bring mata + cazorla + hamsik on at the end of this game then ben arfa' date=' kuzmanovic and diego capel next game etc etc and rotate thus getting the game time so do not become unhappy but get the games and do not ruin your team as if oyu put them on at 75 mins when winning they won't cost you points or anything in your leage + play them in cup games and save your league team fitness so they do not become nmf :)

hope this advice helps[/quote']

Thanks for the advice, but I've got my contingency plan in place. Not so fussed about the players in the shadow squad, they get regular games due to the amount of comps I'm in. It's the young players who are 70-80, who are genuine risers, and either a source of income or future first team players that are my worry, as they are not good enough to be in the first or shadow team at the moment and therefore do not get game time that they will require that I'm worried about losing. like I say if I'm going to lose them then I want proper compensation for them, not 1m over my chairman value, like I said earlier, a proper auction list where players are bid for would be better as it would guarantee the maximum compensation for losing the player.

I think the player AI is fine. The only way it'll work is if you can buy as many youth players as your budget will allow but can only buy so many first team players that you are able to keep all happy. I would not like it if I couldn't buy a 70 rated teeen goalkeeper for example because he is young and I had Casillas and Green in front of him. He'd develop and eventually get into the starting XI.

My alternative would be for a cap of like I say 40 players' date='[/b'] and for any "unhappy players" to be added to the loan list for the chairman to accept and once accepted by the chairman then it's for a fixed term and cannot be recalled. The parent club then retains the player and another club gets the benefit for a fixed period.

I don't mean to be rude but that is never ever really going to be the answer to the problem. Some people have two or three times that amount and would have to sell a lot of their lower rated players for next to nothing. Now that might amount to a lot of money but if there is a limit then people will be unable to part with their cash unless it was part of a player exchange deal and there are a lot of people in the past who have had problems with those, particularly when they involve money.

And' date=' if the AI thing does come in, the best way to do it would be for players to reject new contracts, and to leave at the end of the current season in an "auction", with a new "auction list" introduced of players at the end of each season with an end date for potential bids, and interested clubs bid for these players and he goes to the highest bidder above chairman value. Beats losing a player because someone has become unhappy, placed on the transfer list then the first bid accepted for just over chairman value mid-season and allows the club losing the player to get best value.[/quote']

To be honest Craig this is exactly the direction the game is going at the moment and it isn't a good one. It would have to be heavily controlled and managers would only be allowed to bid so much above chairman value but if there's a literal amount that you bid over (like when it was 1.5xSM value a couple of years back) then everyone who can afford him will just bid that amount. And if the amount you can bid isnt obvious it'll creat huge confusion to people and might put them off.

I'm aware that measures are going to taken to reduce squad sizes....which on the face of it isn't a bad thing but.....because money has been made as rare as hens teeth managers like myself who normally have small squads (average 24 players) have been compelled into buying lots of risers in order to make money so they can improve their squads....when these changes are implemented how are we going to get money to buy better players?

using squad rotation and not using the same starting 11 each time :)

i think that is what i will have to do

I've always used squad rotation......I don't like using players that aren't 100% fit.....most of my teams consist of....2 GK, 2 LB, 4 CB, 2 RB, 2 LM (or W), 2 RM (or W), a combination of 4 CM,DM,AM, 2 FWD AND 2 CF

I've always used squad rotation......I don't like using players that aren't 100% fit.....most of my teams consist of....2 GK' date=' 2 LB, 4 CB, 2 RB, 2 LM (or W), 2 RM (or W), a combination of 4 CM,DM,AM, 2 FWD AND 2 CF[/quote']

yh same for cup games i rotate players but i used to never play different players in my league games now i will bring some of my cup players on aqs subs during the league games so to keep them happy :)

thats my hope /plan to stop players leaving anyway :)

A Few Questions:

When will these changes be implemented?

What would happen if a squad limit was brought in and a team already has around 150 players, would u release a certian amount of them?

The Un-managed clubs making loan bids, would these be very frequent or entirely random? (I Hope it's very frequent as in many of my teams i have over 60 odd players on the loan list).

Thanks in advance.

Viva Hagi. ;)

Aaround 150 players' date=' would u release a certian amount of them?

[/quote']

what happens is there are levels 1-5 and unhappyness progresses if you do not play the player more frequently.

when it gets to 5 if your silly enough to not take action then the player will be transfer listed and you will have to accept bids from other teams :)

howeber loaning players does not help always as some players who should be good enough for most first teams they get concerned / unahppy again on a scale of 1-5 if they are loaned out so loaning is not always the solution