Frank Nouble, West Ham Striker

Greener-09

Re: Frank Nouble, West Ham Striker

Came on as a sub today against Watford in Swansea's 3-2 win, coming on in 68 minutes for Stephen Dobbie. Just a minute after coming on, he scored his first goal for Swansea and his first professional goal i believe.

Here's what the BBC live text had to say about it:

Watford 0 - 3 Swansea Frank Nouble finds the net with a goal from inside the six-yard box low into the middle of the goal. Watford 0-3 Swansea.

The assist for the goal came from Nathan Dyer.

Another game for Frank yesterday' date=' He got 31 mins at the end of the game against Derby, I don't know how he played or what. The match finished 0-0.

Thanks SwanseaJack for the updates, much appreciated. ;)[/quote']

Swansea in general played poor, but he played well. He started off on the left-wing and looked dangerous taking on the Derby right-back everytime he had the chance to, then went up as a striker at the end of the game but didn't really get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/9129746.stm

Pretty poor decision making from West Ham' date=' can barely see him playing any sort of gametime at West Ham whilst it's not a major loss to Swansea now that we've signed Emnes.[/quote']

West Ham play 3 forwards in a kind of 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with Obinna out wide. If we play Obinna, Cole and McCarthy as we have tonight, then we don't have any back-up strikers on the bench with Piquionne having picked up a knock. Sensible and reasonable decision to me?

West Ham play 3 forwards in a kind of 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with Obinna out wide. If we play Obinna' date=' Cole and McCarthy as we have tonight, then we don't have any back-up strikers on the bench with Piquionne having picked up a knock. Sensible and reasonable decision to me?[/quote']

Zavon Hines fit? maybe Pablo Barrera?

Regardless if there's one knock and he's having to be recalled then there wasn't much point in a three month loan deal anyway. Shame for Nouble, i thought if he played another couple of games he might win the fans but rather unpopular in general at Swansea.

Zavon Hines fit? maybe Pablo Barrera?

Regardless if there's one knock and he's having to be recalled then there wasn't much point in a three month loan deal anyway. Shame for Nouble' date=' i thought if he played another couple of games he might win the fans but rather unpopular in general at Swansea.[/quote']

Zavon Hines is out 'til the new year. Barrera is playing but is more a winger than a forward.

The beauty of a loan deal is that if we get cut short we can simply recall a player.

We always loan him out again either back to Swansea or elsewhere when our striking options recover.

West Ham are in trouble. Their strikers at the moment just aren't scoring. Can Frank make a difference? I doubt it, but he can't be any worse than the boys currently at Upton Park. A goal or two would be nice for the Hammers.

Frank could get a few games before Christmas which would be nice. A few starts and a few sub-ins are possible.

He was an unused substitute tonight in the Carling Cup.

West Ham are in trouble. Their strikers at the moment just aren't scoring. Can Frank make a difference? I doubt it' date=' but he can't be any worse than the boys currently at Upton Park. A goal or two would be nice for the Hammers.

Frank could get a few games before Christmas which would be nice. A few starts and a few sub-ins are possible.

He was an unused substitute tonight in the Carling Cup.[/quote']

West Ham's problemy run deeper than the strikers, who have actually been playing reasonably well. Cole started slow, very slow, but scored his first goal of the season at the weekend. Piquionne and Obinna have been very impressive and if the team picks up their performances then they will start scoring.

Nouble will get a few substitute appearance at the very most. If he isn't getting a game in a League Cup game (generally where players will get a chance if the manager wants to see them - Stech tonight for instance) then he more than likely won't be starting any Premier League games.

Nouble will get a few substitute appearance at the very most. If he isn't getting a game in a League Cup game (generally where players will get a chance if the manager wants to see them - Stech tonight for instance) then he more than likely won't be starting any Premier League games.

He only got recalled today. I was pretty sure he wasn't going to get a game tonight. To be honest the West Ham team tonight ain't too far off full strength.

He only got recalled today. I was pretty sure he wasn't going to get a game tonight. To be honest the West Ham team tonight ain't too far off full strength.

I just don't see him being recalled for reason other than just cover for Cole, Obinna, Piquionne and McCarthy. I honestly don't know how long Piquionne is out for but I would guess that it's not just one game because it wouldn't be worth recalling Nouble just for cover for tonights game?

I rate Nouble though, he's only just turned 19, made his debut at 17 last season, started a few games for us in the PL, but we've got plenty of time to allow him to develop.

I just don't see him being recalled for reason other than just cover for Cole' date=' Obinna, Piquionne and McCarthy. I honestly don't know how long Piquionne is out for but I would guess that it's not just one game because it wouldn't be worth recalling Nouble just for cover for tonights game?

I rate Nouble though, he's only just turned 19, made his debut at 17 last season, started a few games for us in the PL, but we've got plenty of time to allow him to develop.[/quote']

Yes, I agree with that he will be used as cover.

Yes I hope he can get a good few games. But I can see him going out on loan again this season.

• 3 months later...

Agreed' date=' he will probably experience another loan spell in the Championship and I hope he does.[/quote']

He has now.

Frank moved to Barnsley lately and has started and finished both games since, totaling 191 mins.

Hopefully he can continue to start and nick a few goals for the Championship side.

He has now.

Frank moved to Barnsley lately and has started and finished both games since' date=' totaling 191 mins.

Hopefully he can continue to start and nick a few goals for the Championship side.[/quote']

Yeah I saw this.

He was put straight on the bench as soon as he returned to West Ham so it was clear he was brought back as cover. He started an FA Cup game against Barnsley as it happens other than that he was only given a few minutes here and there.

Good luck to him at Barsnley.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Being a Barnsley season ticket holder, I had the chance to see Frank play a few times, and I have to be brutally honest, I wasn't impressed.

He's a big, imposing lad, but he fails to impose. With his frame, he gives the impression of being strong. He's not. He got pushed from pillar to post and it was blatantly obvious for all to see that he simply wasn't up to the standard of the Championship.

He showed a decent turn of pace once or twice, but very rarely had the beating of the full-back when played out wide and very rarely did anything to impose himself on the centre halves (this was against Preston North End, so hardly the best defence in the league). He showed a few decent touches, but nothing nearly good enough for what is required at Championship Level.

I believe this is the reason Mark Robins cut the loan spell short.

We also signed Jacob Mellis from Chelsea at the same time, and believe me, that boy looks one hell of a player. A far better prospect that Nouble, and should things go right for him, he could easily carve out a decent career at Championship Level, or even the mid/lower end of the Premiership. Time will tell whether he develops into a future star that may land a place in his parent side Chelsea, but at 20 years old, one would've thought he might've made more appearances for the Blues.

PS - He has just signed for Charlton Athletic, of league one on loan.

Cheers,

ST