Frank Nouble, West Ham Striker

Greener-09

Re: Frank Nouble, West Ham Striker

Brendan Rodgers' date=' who worked with Nouble at Chelsea has expressed his desire to take him to Swansea and has stated that he is in talks with taking him to the Liberty stadium. A good move for Nouble if it goes through.[/quote']

He'd be orite for the Swans, we need another forward - linked with Leroy Lita, Caleb Folan, Steve Morrison & Danny Graham aswell but we are in talks with Nouble and he is likely to join Swansea.

He'd be orite for the Swans' date=' we need another forward - linked with Leroy Lita, Caleb Folan, Steve Morrison & Danny Graham aswell but we are in talks with Nouble and he is likely to join Swansea.[/quote']

The talks seemed to have quitened down, nothing on Sky Sports lately.

The talks seemed to have quitened down' date=' nothing on Sky Sports lately.[/quote']

They have quietenned down, but Brendan Rodgers still hopes to sign him before deasline day. They could always sign him afterwards though in the emergancy loan window.

But West Ham were waiting to bring in a striker before letting him go, and Victor Obinna has just joined on loan from Inter so hopefully a deal will go through this week.:)

They have quietenned down' date=' but Brendan Rodgers still hopes to sign him before deasline day. They could always sign him afterwards though in the emergancy loan window.

But West Ham were waiting to bring in a striker before letting him go, and Victor Obinna has just joined on loan from Inter so hopefully a deal will go through this week.:)[/quote']

Yeah, a deal should go through hopefully. As a Swan yourself, you'd know better than me, Would he get a 15-20 starts season at Swansea?

Yeah' date=' a deal should go through hopefully. As a Swan yourself, you'd know better than me, Would he get a 15-20 starts season at Swansea?[/quote']

No, he'd get 15-20 sub appearances at Swansea.

He's only 18, and with 27 year old and inform striker Stephen Dobbie in the squad he's always going to be the first choice striker with Swansea playing one upfront by the way. Then there'd be Nouble, Kuqi, the injured Gorka Pintado & Craig Beattie and Brendan Rodgers wants to bring in an experienced striker in as well as Nouble.

That'd leave Swansea with six strikers, i don't know who that experience would be but here's how i'd rank the five:

1. Stephen Dobbie, goals & quality in him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2. Frank Nouble, a very good player but he is inexperienced and not confident he can score a lot of goals.

3. Shevki Kuqi, strength and a couple of goals in him

4. Craig Beattie, overweight and injury prone - currently injured but in light training.

5. Gorka Pintado, no goals in him - currently injured untill December at the earliest.

I don't know what Rodgers would rank them as, but he's going to have to sell one of Gorka Pintado or Craig Beattie when there back fit. I also don't know what sort of striker he's going to bring in if he does bring him in along with Nouble before the end of the window.

No' date=' he'd get 15-20 sub appearances at Swansea.

He's only 18, and with 27 year old and inform striker Stephen Dobbie in the squad he's always going to be the first choice striker with Swansea playing one upfront by the way. Then there'd be Nouble, Kuqi, the injured Gorka Pintado & Craig Beattie and Brendan Rodgers wants to bring in an experienced striker in as well as Nouble.

That'd leave Swansea with six strikers, i don't know who that experience would be but here's how i'd rank the five:

[center']1. Stephen Dobbie, goals & quality in him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2. Frank Nouble, a very good player but he is inexperienced and not confident he can score a lot of goals.

3. Shevki Kuqi, strength and a couple of goals in him

4. Craig Beattie, overweight and injury prone - currently injured but in light training.

5. Gorka Pintado, no goals in him - currently injured untill December at the earliest.[/center]

I don't know what Rodgers would rank them as, but he's going to have to sell one of Gorka Pintado or Craig Beattie when there back fit. I also don't know what sort of striker he's going to bring in if he does bring him in along with Nouble before the end of the window.

Jeez thanks a million for the insight! Well even if he can get 20 appearances in the season it will be very beneficial, Who knows if he can grab his FIRST goal in English footie early in his season it could b very helpful to his progression!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=213443

Took our time but finally he's joined on loan. Always likely after Shevki Kuqi joined Derby on loan, really looking forward to seeing him at Swansea.

So at the moment this is how i feel things will go:

1. Dobbie/Nouble - Despite goals, Dobbie can't pass a ball loosing possesion every time. I wouldn't mind him playing regularly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3. Cedric Van Der Gun - He can play upfront and did so against Coventry, very good at finding space but useless with his shooting.

4. Craig Beattie - Recovering from injury, once again, but gained a lot of weight and far from the player he was when he joined us just a year ago.

Started :) Came off after about 65 minutes but played very well, a lot better then Kuqi. Out of the game in the second half but in the first half he came very close to scoring, hitting the side netting and coming very close outstretched from a low cross. Very good performance and i can see him potentially starting against Peterborough on Tueday in the League Cup or starting in the league on Saturday away to Forest.

Started :) Came off after about 65 minutes but played very well' date=' a lot better then Kuqi. Out of the game in the second half but in the first half he came very close to scoring, hitting the side netting and coming very close outstretched from a low cross. Very good performance and i can see him potentially starting against Peterborough on Tueday in the League Cup or starting in the league on Saturday away to Forest.[/quote']

Very nice to hear this. I will be watching the highlights tonight with intent. A promising start for him in Wales.

Any guesses at his next ratings increase' date=' and does he show enough quality to be worth keeping long-term?[/quote']

It depends solely on how many games he will get at Swansea. As of now it is difficult to predict plainly because he has just joined Swansea. Will he continue to start? Will he get a couple of goals?

He has started his first game for Swansea so that's positive, along side that 'SwanseaJack' complimented him on have a good game is promising.

Will the loan be extended beyond 3 months is anohter question. If he plays regularly and gets his loan extended past the specified 3 months, he could reach 82 by the end of the season.

Is he worth keeping in the long term, Well I would keep him but I'd be biased. He is still only 18, he has a big future ahead of him, By the time he's 21 I predict he will be rated 85. Another influence on his rating will be his NT status, will he make the step up to U.21's soon? It all remains to be seen but I'd keep him.

It depends solely on how many games he will get at Swansea. As of now it is difficult to predict plainly because he has just joined Swansea. Will he continue to start? Will he get a couple of goals?

He has started his first game for Swansea so that's positive' date=' along side that 'SwanseaJack' complimented him on have a good game is promising.

Will the loan be extended beyond 3 months is anohter question. If he plays regularly and gets his loan extended past the specified 3 months, he could reach 82 by the end of the season.

Is he worth keeping in the long term, Well I would keep him but I'd be biased. He is still only 18, he has a big future ahead of him, By the time he's 21 I predict he will be rated 85. Another influence on his rating will be his NT status, will he make the step up to U.21's soon? It all remains to be seen but I'd keep him.[/quote']

He did have a promosing start but we'll have to see if it turns into more then that. He may well be playing on Saturday away to Forest, i will be going up to Forest - up and back on the day, and he should get some gametime so i will update you on that.

As for an loan extension, it's up to West Ham, i'm sure Swansea will like to keep him on loan but if West Ham want to keep him for the end of the season to make the odd sub appearance then they may keep him there. I think a rise to 80 could be on if he keeps on playing for Swansea, depends when the changes are really.

He'll be a future West Ham regular for me, Carlton Cole will leave in a couple of years in my opinion and Frank Nouble could easily fill that gap. Very similar players really, although Nouble's done a lot at 18 on loan to WBA, Swindon, Swansea aswell as the odd WHU appearance whilst Cole did little. I'd say a future 85+, the last young player with hype to join Swansea on-loan from West Ham was Frank Lampard so who knows.