90+ overrated and underrated players

TalentSearcher

Re: 90+ overrated and underrated players

the sling shot throw of rory delap' date=' he is definitely underated[/quote']

Yes, but just because he has a good throw doesn't mean his rating should be high. For a midfielder he does lack basic skills such as shooting.

Underrated:

Iniesta 96-97 should probably be a 97. An amazing player!

Valdes 91-92 plays for the Best team in Europe, Goalkeepers in General underrated

Anelka 92-93 he doesn't do much apart from score goals but still

Yaya Toure 92-93/94 fantastic DM!

can't think of many more at the moment

Overrated:

Mutu 94-92 Someone fill me in why he's a 94.

Totti 94-92 well over the hill, hardly produces anything anymore

Seedorf 93-92/91 Got to go downn

Abidal 93-92/91 Rubbishhh

Bosingwa 93-92/91 SM raised him far to quikly. Was poor at the end of season

Cannavarro 94-93 was quality but now losing it.

Pepe 93-92 some may disagree but i hate this guy. over eager and rarely makes a good tackle, foul after foul after foul. and not to mention what he did against getafe..Crazzyyy

Mellberg 90-88 rubbish, why juve bought him i will never know. did well to offload him

Cech 94-93 Used to be amazing and probably still has it in his locker but just continues to make mistakes and rarely makes the breathe taking saves he used to make regularly.

Mutu is magnificent !!!!he deserve his rating

Underrated:

Iniesta 96-97 should probably be a 97. An amazing player!

Valdes 91-92 plays for the Best team in Europe' date=' Goalkeepers in General underrated

Anelka 92-93 he doesn't do much apart from score goals but still

Yaya Toure 92-93/94 fantastic DM!

can't think of many more at the moment

Overrated:

94-92 Someone fill me in why he's a 94.

Totti 94-92 well over the hill, hardly produces anything anymore

Seedorf 93-92/91 Got to go downn

Abidal 93-92/91 Rubbishhh

Bosingwa 93-92/91 SM raised him far to quikly. Was poor at the end of season

Cannavarro 94-93 was quality but now losing it.

Pepe 93-92 some may disagree but i hate this guy. over eager and rarely makes a good tackle, foul after foul after foul. and not to mention what he did against getafe..Crazzyyy

Mellberg 90-88 rubbish, why juve bought him i will never know. did well to offload him

Cech 94-93 Used to be amazing and probably still has it in his locker but just continues to make mistakes and rarely makes the breathe taking saves he used to make regularly.[/quote']

I think most poeple have mentioned most people but its a good thread and I want to put my Quids worth in....

From a premiership point of view I'd say

Deserve Increase

Bentner, Arsenal( dont really like him but think he deserves an extra one)

Anelka ( what does he have to do)

Benyoun ( certainly an extra one)

O'shea ( dependable, like a few of the United 88/89/90's could go an extra one based on the size of club and trophies)

Fletcher (as above)

Ji sung park (as above)

Carrick (he deserved his increase, another good season and derserves another rise)

Hangeland( looks to have quality needs to prove it wasnt 1st season fluke poss extra 1 or 2)

young (one of the best players outside top 4, should have had increase)

Agbonlaghor ( mid season dip stopped increase, could get it next time)

Essien ( for me one of the best players in the world, would get in any team of mine)

Riena (stats)

Ribery ( someone said 2nd best winger to ronaldo, I’d say positionally a better player)

Glen Johnson (no doubt he will get increase but perhaps should have been one or two more already)

Arbveloa( I know Johnson will probably take his place but perhaps deserves more)

Jagielka ( you could probably put make a case for most of the everton team to have an increase but this guy deserves and is better than 89 by one at least.

Ireland ( Perhaps he is marked down cos his lack of international apps, His choice though, should the fact that he would be picked on ability be taken into concideration?)

Torres (the best CF? I reckon another 1)

Giggs ( should be at least +5or+6 higher. Isn’t that what a player of the year should be?) (More like the title of award that was wrong, deserves recognition, but not that one)

Barry (Perhaps one more,, Missed out on Liverpool move cos his middle name wasn’t Terrence…… He would have fitted in perfect if his name was Gary, Terry, Barry.) (imagine with a fellani hair do,,,, he’d av been a world beater)

And the ones over-rated.

All newcastle players ( even ones who have left for stealing money and pretending to be footballers and not even pretending to care)

Tevez (someone said he scores important goals, not enough though)

Gallas (his head went years ago)

Adeybayor (Jury still out but I reckon 1 to high)

Ibrahimovic (don’t really see what people who are more educated than me see)

Kalou (probably needs to get out of Chelsea but based on his time there -1 at least)

Nani ( don’t know what his rating is but it will be too many)

Before anyone starts yes they are mostly premiership, and yes this is what I watch more of…..(before someone has a go at me for being really thick) Probably most of them are top 4, but that’s where most of the title of the thread are.. 90+..

I think most poeple have mentioned most people but its a good thread and I want to put my Quids worth in....

From a premiership point of view I'd say

Deserve Increase

Bentner' date=' Arsenal( dont really like him but think he deserves an extra one)

Anelka ( what does he have to do)

Benyoun ( certainly an extra one)

O'shea ( dependable, like a few of the United 88/89/90's could go an extra one based on the size of club and trophies)

Fletcher (as above)

Ji sung park (as above)

Carrick (he deserved his increase, another good season and derserves another rise)

Hangeland( looks to have quality needs to prove it wasnt 1st season fluke poss extra 1 or 2)

young (one of the best players outside top 4, should have had increase)

Agbonlaghor ( mid season dip stopped increase, could get it next time)

Essien ( for me one of the best players in the world, would get in any team of mine)

Riena (stats)

Ribery ( someone said 2nd best winger to ronaldo, I’d say positionally a better player)

Glen Johnson (no doubt he will get increase but perhaps should have been one or two more already)

Arbveloa( I know Johnson will probably take his place but perhaps deserves more)

Jagielka ( you could probably put make a case for most of the everton team to have an increase but this guy deserves and is better than 89 by one at least.

Ireland ( Perhaps he is marked down cos his lack of international apps, His choice though, should the fact that he would be picked on ability be taken into concideration?)

Torres (the best CF? I reckon another 1)

Giggs ( should be at least +5or+6 higher. Isn’t that what a player of the year should be?) (More like the title of award that was wrong, deserves recognition, but not that one)

Barry (Perhaps one more,, Missed out on Liverpool move cos his middle name wasn’t Terrence…… He would have fitted in perfect if his name was Gary, Terry, Barry.) (imagine with a fellani hair do,,,, he’d av been a world beater)

And the ones over-rated.

All newcastle players ( even ones who have left for stealing money and pretending to be footballers and not even pretending to care)

Tevez (someone said he scores important goals, not enough though)

Gallas (his head went years ago)

Adeybayor (Jury still out but I reckon 1 to high)

Ibrahimovic (don’t really see what people who are more educated than me see)

Kalou (probably needs to get out of Chelsea but based on his time there -1 at least)

Before anyone starts yes they are mostly premiership, and yes this is what I watch more of…..(before someone has a go at me for being really thick) Probably most of them are top 4, but that’s where most of the title of the thread are.. 90+..[/quote']

As much as I like Torres, he doesnt deserve a 97 rating at all, Villa would be though. And why is Giggs supposed to be rated 97:cool: He doesnt even play at >93 level tbh. So what if hes the Player of the year? (Its flawed)

Ibrahimovic fully deserves a 96 IMO, despite his continuous disappearances in the champions league. One may argue that a good player should excel in EVERY league/game he plays,yes, but if you watch him play in Serie A, I think his performances fully justify 96.

nani is not overrated he is 89rtd' date=' overrated would be 92rtd like flamini[/quote']

You need some appearances to justify an 89 rating, Nani isn't as talented as Antonio Valencia, and a drop to 88 is in order.

You're 100% right though, how Flamini (and Gattuso/Pirlo for that matter) avoided drops when Milan where rated is beyond me! :D

Totti probably still deserves his 94, been a great player for many years in a not exactly star studded team, 13 goals in 23 Serie A games in 08/09. To compare against a similar player, Del Piero, recently back up to 94, 13 goals in 31 games, both fair rating in my opinion.

SM have a tendancy to under-rate most English based players and over-rate most non-English based players

With some obvious exceptions eg: Tevez

and the golkeeper ratings area all barmy

Actually it is more likely to be the other way round because SM are based in England and therefore will probably have more knowledge of the Football League than something like Serie A or La Liga where information is harder to obtain because the English media will tend to concentrate much more on the English gmae.' date=' likewise the Spanish and Italian media will concentrate on La Liga and Serie A respectively.

English players are not overrated or underrated at all. There are probably only 14 English players likely to play in the Champions League next season, if the squads stay as they are:

[b']Arsenal[/b]

Theo Walcott

Chelsea

John Terry

Ashley Cole

Joe Cole

Frank Lampard

Liverpool

Jamie Carragher

Glen Johnson

Steven Gerrard

Manchester United

Rio Ferdinand

Wes Brown

Gary Neville

Paul Scholes

Wayne Rooney

Micheal Owen

As you can see there are no goalkeepers and that is why we have fairly low rated goalkeepers in relation to the national sides around us in the FIFA world rankings. Even in the Europa League, Everton (Tim Howard), Aston Villa (Brad Freidel) and Fulham (Mark Schwarzer) all have foreign goalkeepers. All three were fantastic and I can only see them wearing the number 1 shirt for their respective sides this season. But if you look at Spain, three of the four sides in their top four had a Spanish goalkeeper as their first choice, and the fourth has recently acquired Sergio Asenjo.

You need some appearances to justify an 89 rating' date=' Nani isn't as talented as Antonio Valencia, and a drop to 88 is in order.

You're 100% right though, how Flamini (and Gattuso/Pirlo for that matter) avoided drops when Milan where rated is beyond me! :D[/quote']

No way is Nani less talented than Valencia, Nani has never been given the chance to have a good run in the team while Ronaldo was there. With Ronaldo gone I hope Nani is now given a regular first team start week in week out to showcase his talents.

Before anyone starts yes they are mostly premiership' date=' and yes this is what I watch more of…..(before someone has a go at me for being really thick) Probably most of them are top 4, but that’s where most of the title of the thread are.. 90+..[/quote']

Nani is currently rated 89, which I think is unfair but then im adament there is potential in him.

Yes' date=' but just because he has a good throw doesn't mean his rating should be high. For a midfielder he does lack basic skills such as shooting.[/quote']

Yeah Delap is pretty poor at anything else apart from the throw, if he was raised based on the fact he can do long throws it would just make a mockery of the whole ratings system. (Saying that I think there is alot of inconsistancy in the SM ratings anyway but still)

messi should be 94 he s no better than forlan ,forlan scored more goals then he,so forlan should be 95 why are everyone opsessed with messi he couldnt do nothing against chelsea

villa should be 95

rooney should be 92 anelka is better scorer than he s

nistelroy should be 93 he didnt play all year

sneider should be 92

v der vart 91

cassilass should be 99

ronaldinho 92

shevchenko 85 maximum

higain should be 94 i am nofan of him but hes scoring

torres 94 he s n best scorer in england ,rooney also

ibrahimovic should be 98

maicon 92

gigs scholes 88 maximum

rio ferdinand vidic 98

evra 95

cambissso 92

ballotelli 91

gary neville 80

w brown 82

salgado 82

metzelder 83 maximum

gerrard 99

lampard 96

essien 96

anelka 95 i am no fan of chelsea

czech 92 this season he s critical

martins 90

beckham 91

pirlo 97

pato 93

benzema 94

dzeko 92

mutu 91 why is he 94

bosingwa 92

abidal 90

iniesta 98

diego 95

totti 91

cannavaro 92

milito d 91

g milito 89

marqes 88

baptista 92

jesus navas 94

d capel 94

burdisso 83

x zanetti 90

cruz 91

vieri 90

seedorf 94

zambrota 90

flamini 89

gatusso 90

messi should be 94 he s no better than forlan ' date='forlan scored more goals then he,so forlan should be 95 why are everyone opsessed with messi he couldnt do nothing against chelsea

villa should be 95

rooney should be 92 anelka is better scorer than he s

nistelroy should be 93 he didnt play all year

sneider should be 92

v der vart 91

cassilass should be 99

ronaldinho 92

shevchenko 85 maximum

higain should be 94 i am nofan of him but hes scoring

torres 94 he s n best scorer in england ,rooney also

ibrahimovic should be 98

maicon 92

gigs scholes 88 maximum

rio ferdinand vidic 98

evra 95

cambissso 92

ballotelli 91

gary neville 80

w brown 82

salgado 82

metzelder 83 maximum

gerrard 99

lampard 96

essien 96

anelka 95 i am no fan of chelsea

czech 92 this season he s critical

martins 90

beckham 91

pirlo 97

pato 93

benzema 94

dzeko 92[/quote']

completely barmy ;)

Guest King Kolo

LMAO Burdisso 83 Flamini 89.

EDIT: Lol at these aswell

gary neville 80

w brown 82

salgado 82

metzelder 83 maximum

Actually it is more likely to be the other way round because SM are based in England and therefore will probably have more knowledge of the Football League than something like Serie A or La Liga where information is harder to obtain because the English media will tend to concentrate much more on the English gmae.' date=' likewise the Spanish and Italian media will concentrate on La Liga and Serie A respectively.

English players are not overrated or underrated at all. There are probably only 14 English players likely to play in the Champions League next season, if the squads stay as they are:

[b']Arsenal[/b]

Theo Walcott

Chelsea

John Terry

Ashley Cole

Joe Cole

Frank Lampard

Liverpool

Jamie Carragher

Glen Johnson

Steven Gerrard

Manchester United

Rio Ferdinand

Wes Brown

Gary Neville

Paul Scholes

Wayne Rooney

Micheal Owen

As you can see there are no goalkeepers and that is why we have fairly low rated goalkeepers in relation to the national sides around us in the FIFA world rankings. Even in the Europa League, Everton (Tim Howard), Aston Villa (Brad Freidel) and Fulham (Mark Schwarzer) all have foreign goalkeepers. All three were fantastic and I can only see them wearing the number 1 shirt for their respective sides this season. But if you look at Spain, three of the four sides in their top four had a Spanish goalkeeper as their first choice, and the fourth has recently acquired Sergio Asenjo.

you missed the key word. He said non English based players are overrated which is definitely true

you missed the key word. He said non English based players are overrated which is definitely true

I didn't miss it, really. He also said English players were underrated and I listed which English players were likely to feature regularly in the Champions League next season in a counter argument to his statement that they are underrated, which clearly they are not.

If you do a similar list for Spanish players you could get up to double the amount of English players. That is a factor to them being better than England nationally.

I didn't miss it' date=' really. He also said English players were underrated and I listed which English players were likely to feature regularly in the Champions League next season in a counter argument to his statement that they are underrated, which clearly they are not.

If you do a similar list for Spanish players you could get up to double the amount of English players. That is a factor to them being better than England nationally.[/quote']

Read the post again. He said English based players are underrated which is true in comparison with the Spanish based players.