Silver Championships  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • maybe but with certain aspects changed ( please state )

1) The name :

Obviously not set in stone, but you get the idea, it is a elite gameworld where managers can test their teams against others. Obviously not as elite as Gold championships, hence the name.

2) The format:

In essence, it can be set out like any game world, lets say 40 teams for example. Once created, a manager must put forward a team they are currently managing in any standard setup. They will continue to manage this team in their original setup, any transfers done in the original setup will be added to their squad in the silver championship. No transfers can be done in the silver championship, its more about challenging other managers putting a managers best team against another managers.. If you finish bottom of the lowest division in the gameworld, your team is booted out of the gameworld and someone else can join. :)

3) Entry requirements.

Everyone, from gold members to basic memebers. However, a team that is put forward to enter a SilChamp must of been managed for x amount of games. This is up for debate with you lot ! :D

SM created SilChamp - First come first serve. Whoever see's the championship enters their team until its full.

SilChamp bought from shop ( less than standard and custom - but can have requirements / rules if the owner wishes eg minimum of x amount of games managed, english clubs etc etc ). Can be invitational, open or application.

4) Why ?

Literally just to test your best teams against some of the best managers and teams around.

I think it would be pretty sweet, what do you guys think ?

Guest Toggs

Re: Silver Championships

Will you end up with 5 Ronaldos from different teams at the top of the goalscorers chart?

Totally agreed. I like the concept but what could be done as too stopping this from happenings, or is the whole point that something like this could happen, and theyre could be more than one of the same player in a given setup?

It's bassically akin to suggestions of having cross setup friendlies, i instead would rather have cross setup leages/tournements

For example being able to buy a league format and invite all the celtics in all the GC'S or all Champs Cup winners from GC'S 1-10 Etc into a continuess league systyme etc etc etc. [The Ideas are endless]

I made a nice little post about this somewere and gave some other suggestions and people added to them aswell, Duno were it is tough. [Wasn't too long ago]

Totally agreed. I like the concept but what could be done as too stopping this from happenings' date=' or is the whole point that something like this could happen, and theyre could be more than one of the same player in a given setup?[/quote']

yes, but as the transfer market within the gameworld would be non existent ( barred even ) it wouldnt matter, as forementioned it would mainly be about testing ones best teams and best managers against each other. Yes there would be x amount of ronaldos etc, but it can get more interesting when as mentioned if one is bought certain rules can be applied like in a custom, in essence i suppose this is pretty much like a cross setup friendly league !

Shels, this is NOT asking to have cross setup friendlies, its a league format so its more like cross setup friendly leages ( and have tournaments within them like domestic cups and shield ).

I can actually vaguely remember your idea, i think its great and should be added but a little exclusive isnt it ?

• 2 months later...

1) The name :

Obviously not set in stone' date=' but you get the idea, it is a elite gameworld where managers can test their teams against others. Obviously not as elite as Gold championships, hence the name.

2) The format:

In essence, it can be set out like any game world, lets say 40 teams for example. Once created, a manager must put forward a team they are currently managing in any standard setup. They will continue to manage this team in their original setup, any transfers done in the original setup will be added to their squad in the silver championship. No transfers can be done in the silver championship, [b']its more about challenging other managers putting a managers best team against another managers.[/b]. If you finish bottom of the lowest division in the gameworld, your team is booted out of the gameworld and someone else can join. :)

3) Entry requirements.

Everyone, from gold members to basic memebers. However, a team that is put forward to enter a SilChamp must of been managed for x amount of games. This is up for debate with you lot ! :D

SM created SilChamp - First come first serve. Whoever see's the championship enters their team until its full.

SilChamp bought from shop ( less than standard and custom - but can have requirements / rules if the owner wishes eg minimum of x amount of games managed, english clubs etc etc ). Can be invitational, open or application.

4) Why ?

Literally just to test your best teams against some of the best managers and teams around.

I think it would be pretty sweet, what do you guys think ?

I had a similar idea to you in another thread ( http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=51332&page=5 ) ALL BE IT TWO MONTHS AFTER YOU. It goes a little something like this.

How about SM introduced Associations like the FA etc.. and each manager could join one, say your country of birth and each manager could enter one of there teams in the choosen Association. Leagues are drawn lets say by sm reputation or length of time a member not how long youv'e been gold. Normal league rules add cups if you like, teams go up and down through the divisions. Champions league type cups from the top clubs from each Association. Then the winners of those play a World Club Championship. Each member of the Association would get a vote towards who would manage the national side.

If your still reading your old threads hope you like my addition i think it would be a great idea.