Man Utd Collapsing ?

Guest Football8

Man Utd Collapsing ?  

1. 1.

• Yes, I think they are.
    • No, Sir Alex will eventually sort it out.

Guest Football8

I have started to think about Manchester United and noticed that after the departures of Ronaldo and Tevez and looking at other players in there squad is well...

Van der Sar - Old keeper, will retire this season or next. Replacement ? Not sorted yet for a top 4 club they need a top keeper.

RB ? Who actually is the RB, Brown, Nevilla and O'Shea have been rotating around ? Is Rafael to young yet ?

Ferdinand ? Well he's past the 30 mark, although loyal defenders tend to stay with the club for a long age.

Vidic ? Not the youngest but still can be relied upon.

Evra ? 28, also not the youngest, but still a solid LB.

Wingers:

Valencia, unproven yet at a top club and could eventually be a flop, could also be nearly as good as Ronaldo ?

Scholes - Old and retiring.

Carrick, well not leadery enough.

Fletcher, although he was one of the better performers last season he's still needs to have better players around him to make him better.

Giggs - Old and retiring.

Park - Overrated, but the odd good performance.

Nani - The only player somewhere near Ronaldo, wasn't given the chance last season.

Berbatov, not the youngest and highly overrated and a waste of money when he's worth half as much Man Utd paid for him, you can't rely on him.

Rooney, the best reliable source at Old Trafford and a future captain.

Michael Owen, hasn't proved anything yet, will injuries finish him ?

So, not the best of squads, but they can improve it, but who will actually join ?

Missed out on Karim Benzema, Aguero meanwhile will stay at Atletico, bought Michael Owen instead, bought Valencia instead of chasing Ribery or David Silva.

Will Sir Alex get everything sorted ?

So what are your opinions about the squad and who they could buy ?

Re: Man Utd Collapsing ?

I disagree with some some of that. The only position I see as a weak point is RB (+ maybe their goalkeeper). Yes, they've lost their key player, but they've replaced him with a very promising winger, and they still have the likes of Nani and Tosic who both have potential.

Their team may look slightly worse on paper than last season, but it's still a team that can and will win silverware. They have the best CB partnership in the world, the best LB in the world and in Rooney a quality forward. They may not win it this year but I certainly expect them to put up a strong challenge like they do every year.

It's also not just about the quality of players, but if they can play together (that's why Madrid may fail imo :o). And the coaches @ Utd will make sure they do work well together.

I have started to think about Manchester United and noticed that after the departures of Ronaldo and Tevez and looking at other players in there squad is well...

Van der Sar - Old keeper' date=' will retire this season or next. Replacement ? Not sorted yet for a top 4 club they need a top keeper. [b']They'll buy one, He has another season left in him so nothing wrong here.[/b]

RB ? Who actually is the RB, Brown, Nevilla and O'Shea have been rotating around ? Is Rafael to young yet ? Rb has always been a dodgy position, but it was last year and there strong enough to have a rotation system.

Ferdinand ? Well he's past the 30 mark, although loyal defenders tend to stay with the club for a long age. Age will not affect him, a great defender.

Vidic ? Not the youngest but still can be relied upon. One of or if not the best defender in the world.

Evra ? 28, also not the youngest, but still a solid LB. 28 is hitting his peak, thats a good thing.

Wingers:

Valencia, unproven yet at a top club and could eventually be a flop, could also be nearly as good as Ronaldo ? He isnt going to replace Ronaldo, No-one can, hes a good proven winger and should do well next year.

Scholes - Old and retiring. Thats why he is only used on occasions.

Carrick, well not leadery enough. Top midfielder, at the Heart of United.

Fletcher, although he was one of the better performers last season he's still needs to have better players around him to make him better. He has good players around him, which have been proven.

Giggs - Old and retiring. Maldini went till hes 40, Why cant giggs?

Park - Overrated, but the odd good performance. Overrated? Ha. One of the most hard working and determined players United have, very underrated.

Nani - The only player somewhere near Ronaldo, wasn't given the chance last season. The only player near Ronaldo, Seriously?

Berbatov, not the youngest and highly overrated and a waste of money when he's worth half as much Man Utd paid for him, you can't rely on him. Fergie belives in him and he played a big part last season, Sure hes not worth 30M but hes a top, top forward.

Rooney, the best reliable source at Old Trafford and a future captain. True.

Michael Owen, hasn't proved anything yet, will injuries finish him ? You cant question him before hes even played for United.

So, not the best of squads, but they can improve it, but who will actually join ?

Missed out on Karim Benzema, Aguero meanwhile will stay at Atletico, bought Michael Owen instead, bought Valencia instead of chasing Ribery or David Silva.

Will Sir Alex get everything sorted ?

So what are your opinions about the squad and who they could buy ?

My opinions in bold, I dont think you know to much about Man united as the selling of 1 player and the loss of one will not make them collapse.

Manchester United have not collapsed but the departures having severly weakened their side imo. Despite what people say Valencia was brought in to replace the gap left on the right wing by Ronaldo and Owen brought in to replace Tevez. Neither are good enough to replace them. Ronaldo scored 18 goals in the league last year and now that will be missing. Valencia has scored 3 goals for Wigan and Owen will not score goals sitting on the bench. Play Owen and you take Berbatov or Rooney's goals away. They will be back stronger in a few years when the likes Macheda, Welbeck, Fabio and Rafael are 20/21/22 and ready for a more prominent role in the first team.

I think this guy has just made the mistake of judging United by how they look on paper, which, admittedly, does make them look weaker. But I don't think they are weaker.

So what if no one can replace Ronaldo himself? That much is obvious, because no one has an ego as big as his. We don't need, or want to replace HIM. All we need to do is fill in the gap left by him and Tevez. And I think Fergie has done that rather well already, and perhaps, if what BBC Sport says is right, then he doesn't want to sign anyone else, and that seems like wisdom.

I think United have just proven that you don't need to spend £200million pounds to build a good football team.

People doubt United all the time, the same thing happened when Cantona was sold, Beckham was sold, Nistelrooy was sold and now its happening with Ronaldo.

You really think that A.F. would have let him go without having a plan or someone to replace him...?

United will be fine...

People doubt United all the time' date=' the same thing happened when Cantona was sold, Beckham was sold, Nistelrooy was sold and now its happening with Ronaldo.

You really think that A.F. would have let him go without having a plan or someone to replace him...?

United will be fine...[/quote']

cantona was never sold, he retired at the age of 31.

My opinions in bold' date=' I dont think you know to much about Man united as the selling of 1 player and the loss of one will not make them collapse.[/quote']

I don't think you read the first sentence of the post... There's much more discussed than just Ronaldo and Tevez.

Carrick does lack leader...y...ness.

The word is leadership. ;):D

I can agree with some of the points, but I don't think United are going to collapse, as least not now. However, they are a wee bit more likely to suffer some spiraling disaster, but again, that would take many more "non-good" (not yet "bad") decisions by Ferguson.

They will be back stronger in a few years when the likes Macheda, Welbeck, Fabio and Rafael are 20/21/22 and ready for a more prominent role in the first team.

You never know. I doubt a lot of people could see Arsenal's decline following the days of the Invincibles. Honestly, and this is coming from an Arsenal fan's perspective, that "they'll be back stronger" line has arisen from several clubs, only to be followed by a big smack in the face from. :o

I hate it when these sort of questions are asked, I honestly don't think United will struggle at all next year... they are still massively strong, admittedly, the loss of Ronaldo is pretty big, but they are still a really good team.

I just hope Liverpool keep all their players so we can push on and maybe take the title!

BREAKING NEWS guys just noticed on ebay a certain seller named Sir Alex Ferguson has just put £10million worth of trophy polish up for sale on ebay. Apparently there are three keen bidders named Mark Hughes who wants to round off the day with another signing after Tevez has just anounced his arrival, the other bidders are said to be Rafael Benitez and Carlos Ancelotti! The bid ends tonight but when Ferguson wrote the description of the trophy polish he wrote this, "the polish is in good condition and has never been used I don't want to sell it but I won't be needing it for a few years at least!"

Well, to the topic creator, honestly I would be more worried about your club, Real Madrid. Instead of a "Is ManU collapsing?" how about a "Will Real Madrid be able to cope with the internal conflicts of the massive amount of "stars"?". I always put the interests of my club in front, not the troubles of the others. You could follow the same example ;).

Guest Football8

Well' date=' to the topic creator, honestly I would be more worried about your club, Real Madrid. Instead of a "Is ManU collapsing?" how about a "Will Real Madrid be able to cope with the internal conflicts of the massive amount of "stars"?". I always put the interests of my club in front, not the troubles of the others. You could follow the same example ;).[/quote']

I'm not saying this as a Man Utd hater, but saying it as a general football fan looking at Man Utd and my opinion of their squad.

With that being said, Man Utd are lucky to have Sir Alex Ferguson. ;)