English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Round 4 Match Report - Liverpool vs Blackburn

liverpool-logo.jpgLiverpool 2 - 1 BlackburnBlackburn-Rovers-icon.jpg

Half Time : (1 - 1)

M. Balotelli 4

S. Gerrard 7

J. Fernando Torres 67

It was a hard fought effort by the Rovers when it came to statistics but unfortunatly they couldnt show it on the score board. With Blackburns 52% possesion to Liverpools 48% and Blackburns 12 shots to Liverpools 10. Not only was it bad on the scoreboard for Blackburn, but new signing and goalscorer Balotelli was injured, with what has said to be a Hernia. They it will take a month for him to recover, which is not good news for Rovers because of there lack of strickers.

It all started with the young Italian sensation, Mario Balotelli. With Blackburn eventually finding the fees for him, he made his debut against power house Liverpool and managed to find his first goal with in 4 minutes. With Balotelli managing to uses his pace to round not Puyol and Lucio, but walked pat the keeper to slot it home. But the lead was cut short 3 minutes later.

balotelli_mario_afp.jpg

Balotelli celebrating his first goal for the club.

After 7 minutes of play, Liverpool main man stepped up to put his side back on level terms and gt the supporters on there feet. After poor defending in the bo it fell to the central midfielder who hammered home the equalizer. Altough Gerrard managed to qualize, Blackburn were managing to creat opportunities untill it got worse for the Rovers.

steven-gerrard-2.jpg

Steven Gerrard in action.

67 minutes in, Spanish stricker Fernando Torres stepped up to slot the winner. After Blackburn failed to finish of there chances, El Nino managed to fund a scrappy goal which gave Liverpool the 2-1 win at Anfield.

Fernando+Torres_IV.jpg

Fernando Torres celbrating his goal.

Starting Line Up's

Liverpool - 4-3-2-1

Reina, Arbeloa, fabio Aurellio, Puyol, Lucio, Alonso, Gerrard, Messi, Totti, Torres, Villa

Subs - Riera, Dossena, Lucas, Kuyt, Benayoun

Blackburn - 4-2-3-1

Asenjo, Zambrotta, Boenisch, Sidnei, Metzelder, Reid, Jonathan Pereira, Josico, Dzageov, Ozil, Balotelli

Subs - Robinson, Corini, Hodge, Anderson Salles, Howedes

Man of the Match

steven_gerrard.jpg

Steven Gerrard

Thierry%20Henry%20Barcelona.jpg

Thierry HENRY

Thierry HENRY is back in england with Birmingham he has signed for the new Premiaship team for 18M and Garry O'CONNOR+Cameron JEROME also his team mate YAYA TOURE is close to signing and so is Vieira MARCELO both for 3 players and 22M

Wow some good posts here. Ive been away for a week so after checking up on this thread im really liking Draga9's posts, very interesting to read and loving Kylans too, especially the quote "Arsenal Melt Toffees"

Love it.

Lets keep this going guys.

p.s. Check out the "Knockout Cup" thread if you are competing it to see who you are due to arrange to play in the first round of fixtures on the 6th Aug.

Great m//r's Draga 9:)

i think im gonna join this league:)

who's in what divisions?

Check ou the first page for a rough guide to whos in charge of what teams. Sadly they often change so im not changing all the time.

Im Tottenham boss and would love to have you in the league old mate.

p.s. im also in EC106 as Liverpool as you may know.

Check ou the first page for a rough guide to whos in charge of what teams. Sadly they often change so im not changing all the time.

Im Tottenham boss and would love to have you in the league old mate.

p.s. im also in EC106 as Liverpool as you may know.

ill probably join div.2 sometime today:)

and i do know you're in 106 as you made pap bids for all my talents;)

Wow some good posts here. Ive been away for a week so after checking up on this thread im really liking Draga9's posts' date=' very interesting to read and loving Kylans too, especially the quote "Arsenal Melt Toffees"

Love it.

Lets keep this going guys.

p.s. Check out the "Knockout Cup" thread if you are competing it to see who you are due to arrange to play in the first round of fixtures on the 6th Aug.[/quote']

thanks u for the nice comments, going to write a match preview for the fully changed blackburn squad against ur powerehouse squad of totenham. cant wait

Ono Kolo!

:eek:

arsenal-logo.gif

Well it would appear Arsenal have run into their first injury woe so far this season, as during Friday practice, which saw Eduardo return to resume full practice with the rest of his teammates after a long while since his rehab, recovery from a broken leg, wasn't exactly the return he'd be hoping for. During the practice it has been reported, during scrimmage, Nasri played a lovely chip through-ball onto Eduardo who then attempted to strike the ball on a half-volley attempt, but completely mistimed it, thus missing the ball and smashing Kolo Toure's ankle :rolleyes: ...bit rusty there eh Eduardo. :P Toure's ankle has been severely swollen, with a mild sprain which will keep him out for 1/2 weeks according to the physios, a mild setback for a team in galactic form.

_44440696_toure_getty.jpgtoure_1012051c.jpg

Captured pics of Toure receiving treatment at the practice, on the bright side... Eduardo's leg is back. :D Also pictured above is in relation to swirling rumours in the Gooner camp that Toure has been having gas problems along with constipation, as they say, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.

Match Preview Round 5 - Blackburn vs Tottenahm

rovers.gifBlackburn vs Tottenhamspurs.gif

Blackburn with 3 loses and 1 win against Tottenham who are currently on 1 lose, 1 draw and 2 wins. With Blackburn not winning a game since Dragovic's debut game against Everton in the 2nd round, and Tottenham on fairly good form with big name players such as Ronaldinho, Simao and Srna, they will be hoping for a win to push themselves up from 8th spot. On the other hand, Blackburn only with 3 points on the board will be happy with a draw after many new players have arrived at the club, and boss Dragovic came in today saying he wont be expecting any miracles. With star stricker Balotelli who scored on his debut out, Blackburn dont have any other out and out strickers. Dragovic came out today and said "Its not going to be easy at all and with Balotelli out i am going to have to bring someone else up front and hopefully they can fill Balotelli's boots but at the moment i am not expecting any miracles. I just want them to fight hard and impress the home supporters".

Blackburn Starting Line Up

4-3-2-1

----------------------------------------------Asenjo---------------------------------------------

Hibbert-------------------Howedes------------------Metzelder----------------Zambrotta

--------------------------------------------Josico-----------------------------------------------

-------------------------Dzageov---------------------------Marchisio-------------------------

-------------------------------Perotti----------------Ozil---------------------------------------

------------------------------------------J. Pereira---------------------------------------------

Main Man

799327_mediumsquare.jpg

Ozil

Tottenham's Last Starting Line Up

4-2-3-1

-----------------------------------------------Valdes--------------------------------------------

Srna-------------------------King----------------------------Woodgate-----------------Bale

----------------------------Busquets----------------------------Banega-----------------------

----------------Simao-----------------------Modric-------------------------------Ronaldinho

---------------------------------------------M. Bastos-------------------------------------------

Main Man

p1.ronaldinho.jpg

Ronaldinho

Fired_stamp.gif

You're Fired!!

85847097.gif52153652.gif74746306.gif

Johnson Given The Boot

Yesterday evening at approximately 5:48pm Bristol City manager Gary Johnson was sacked from his position as Bristol City manager.He had this to say :

I will always love this club.I am shocked at being sacked.the board of directors think i was not good enough.I will sorely miss giving half-time team talks and all the banter and jokes.In fact,i will miss everything about this club as it has been like a second home to me.I will miss everything about this club and i hope you'll miss me.

It is not yet known who will take over from but it is suspected relitivaley unknown Irish rookie Sean Campbell will take the helm.Here is Paddy Power's bettting odds:

Sean Campbell 2/1

Tom Field 1,000,000/1

Toggs Thomas 20/1

Conor Bowen 25/1

As you can see Donegal man Campbell is odds on favourite to become the Manager of the Championship side.He revealed last night in a statment to sky sports he was hoping to get the job: http://www.skysports.com/seancampbell/interview/bristolcity_job_ec3951

Tom Field has declared that he has no intention of joining Bristol City and that he is committed to the Tottenham cause and believes that Sean Campbell would be best suited to the team as he is good at getting the best out of smaller teams as seen before in teams like Northampton Town.

Tom Field has declared that he has no intention of joining Bristol City and that he is committed to the Tottenham cause and believes that Sean Campbell would be best suited to the team as he is good at getting the best out of smaller teams as seen before in teams like Northampton Town.

better change your odds then;)

WolvesBadge.png

Wolves have yet again proven there one of the best teams in the league and certinley better than spurs whos manager claims i will eat my words by finishing below him at end of season :rolleyes:

This time they played a less so mighty fulham. After fulham were givin the lead by wolves who were sat there smoking cuban cigars and listning to sean paul it took 23 min for andy johnson to use his balled head and score a goal.

After giving fulham a chance gluiy hammerd a goal in to make it 1-1.

After half time kris boyd finishd the game off so wolves went back to smoking there cuban cigars

cuban_cigar.jpg

Oh by the way Tom you should of taken bristol city job i dont wanna embarce u wen i finish abouve you :o

WolvesBadge.png

Wolves have yet again proven there one of the best teams in the league and certinley better than spurs whos manager claims i will eat my words by finishing below him at end of season :rolleyes:

This time they played a less so mighty fulham. After fulham were givin the lead by wolves who were sat there smoking cuban cigars and listning to sean paul it took 23 min for andy johnson to use his balled head and score a goal.

After giving fulham a chance gluiy hammerd a goal in to make it 1-1.

After half time kris boyd finishd the game off so wolves went back to smoking there cuban cigars

cuban_cigar.jpg

Oh by the way Tom you should of taken bristol city job i dont wanna embarce u wen i finish abouve you :o

i feel and izod-holt rivalry comingg on here lol;):P

Guest King Kolo

Don't worry Lads.

I'll give Nath a taste of reality today.

Campbell Appointed Robins Boss!!

78449359.gif72748179.gif98188626.gif

Bookies Back Right Man!!

At around 10pm last night Bristol City unveiled Sean Campbell as ther new manager.He was unveiled at Ashton Gate in front of a full stadium of 21,497people.He was unavailable for comment but has revealed his plans.

1.Build up a young squad full of risers

2.Get promoted.

3.Climb up the divisions in the next few years

It is thought that Sean has penned a 5 year deal with the club from Bristol and is currently aiming to bring in 10-20 new players for the season ahead.

ist2_234992_signing_contract.jpg

City chairman Steve Lansdown has high hopes for this young manager:

''We interviewed 3 people.Tom Field,Conor Bowen and Sean Campbell. Conor and Tom impressed us but Sean just edged it.He told us what he wanted and it pleased us.Basically he ticked all the right boxes''

k0767828.jpg

The fans came out in their thousands to greet this new manager.and when he kissed the Bristol City badge the crowd went crazy.

crowdl.jpg

At around 10pm last night Walsall unveiled Sean Campbell as ther new manager.He was unveiled at Ashton Gate in front of a full stadium of 21' date='497people.He was unavailable for comment but has revealed his plans.[/size']

I thought I was the Walsall manager? Have I been fired without noticing? ;)

Neiva collects another win to remain the only manager 100% victorious in the whole setup

The Walsall Impartial Press

Guilherme Neiva is the men of the moment. His first humble reaction to the fact that he was the only manager who solely collected victories so far in the whole setup, was "I´m so awesome. I mean, let´s face it, I´m incredible. My genius is incomparable". Neiva, who took charge of Walsall in the beginning of the season, turned his peanut players in authentic champions, and is proudly the manager with most points in the setup. He added "Whenever you speak about me, take off your hat and put your hand in the chest, because you are talking about an icon, an ambassador of football, a living legend. I´m the best. Testify!".

More information to come later, in The Walsall Impartial Press

Match Report Round 5 - Blackburn vs Tottenham

rovers.gifBlackburn 0 vs 0 Tottenhamtottenham%20badge2.gif

A 0-0 draw which could have been 3-3, how many opportunities were made, especially by Blakcburn. Although the home side lost the battle in possesion 33% to 67%, they had 7 more scoring shots (12 to 5). It was an unfortunat result for the home team, feeling that they could of taken all three points. This result kept Blackburn at 15th spot with 4 points and made Tottenham drop to 10th spot with 10 points. Blackburn manager Daniel Dragovic came out after the match and said "It would of been great if we took home the 3 points and keep a clean sheet but we couldnt finish our opportunites. J. Pereira did well up front doing as much as he could but couldnt finish. It was unfortunat that we could have out main man out there, Balotelli who showed is class scoring last week against Liverpool. I was very pleased with the midfield, especially the two central midfielders Dzageov and Marchisio. They did exceptionaly well to create the opportunities we hade and also full credit to the centre backs who did what they could to stop the great attacking players Spurs have such and Ronaldinho and Pavlyachenko.

Valdes.bmp

Valdes making one of many saves

Starting Line Ups

Blackburn

4-3-2-1

Asenjo, Hibbert, Zambrotta, Metzelder, Howedes, Josico, Dzageov, Marchisio, Ozil, Perroti and J. Pereira

Tottenham

4-2-3-1

Valdes, Srna, Bale, King, Woodgate, Busquets, Lennon, Banega, Pavluyachenko, Ronaldinho and M. Bastos

Man of the Match

VALDES.jpg

Valdes

breaking+news.gif

Plymouth_Argyle_FC.png

News coming out of a Six (6) hour meeting between Chairman Paul Stapleton and Manager Yhanick Scott is that money believed to be available to the club is somehow missing. Manager Scott has this to say:

This is all really strange to me and somehow confusing. When I first came here the chairman told me what his plans were. Mr. Stapleton told me specifically what our spending budget would be and I was told by the head of the finance department what we could afford to spend on wages per week. Now with that in my head I sign players accordingly. Now I am hearing none of this is so. Its all confusing and really I am in disgust with the unprofessional manner of the club.

Chairman Stapleton had this to say:

I think this is a really big misunderstanding on the part of the manager. He is spending money like he thinks he is at Real Madrid. Somebody better wake him up and tell him he is dreaming.I got a figure and he got the same figure and he went over the figure agreed by nearly double the amount. THAT IS INSANE

Manager Scott broke the bank for Christian Noboa at a fee of $4.9 million and in recent days the signing of Filippo Carobbio for $3.5 million. Both starting midfielders.