Sign in to follow this  
Torres+Gerrard

English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Managerial Debut ends in defeat for Zola's Hornets

Match Report Match 5-Watford vs Swansea

36262_Watford_FC.jpgWatford 1-2 Swanseaswansea%20city%20badge.jpg

Watford were unlucky to have been defeated at Vicarage Road last night, after 2 late Swansea goals stole the points away from the high flying hornets.

Just over 15,000 fans packed into Vicarage Road to see Eidur Zola take charge in his first game with the club and although it was not the start that the fans wouls have wanted, Zola was still happy with his team's performance on the night.

Whilst Romano's Swans dominated possession, it was Zola's Hornets who had the majority of goal scoring opportunities, with 16 shots made, and 8 being on target.

The first half saw both teams come close with various chances, with both Adrian Martinez and Ben Foster making good saves at both ends of the pitch. The best chance of the half fell to Swansea, as Kerlon hit the outside of the post in the 30th minute. Whilst Watford's best chances included a shot that was saved brilliantly by Martinez in the 20th minute, as well as the imposing Aleksandrs Cauna heading inches over 10 minutes before half time.

The second half was a more lively affair, with both teams trying to break the deadlock. It was Watford however who eventually made their chances pay, when Tommy Smith found the net from 15 yards in the 56th minute for his 2nd goal of the campaign.

Tommy-Smith-001.jpg

Smith celebrates with his teammates after the opener.

It looked like Watford were going to take all 3 points, however with 10 minutes remaining on the clock, Swansea's Joe Allen make a spectacular chip that Watford keeper Foster fumbled and to his manager's dismay rolled into the back of the net for the equaliser. And then with 6 minutes remaining of normal time remaining, a long ball down the field manged to find Kerlon in space who slotted the ball home for his 2nd goal in 3 games and snatched the points for the Swans.

The final score ended 2-1 to the away side and sees Zola's Watford drop down to 8th in the league table. Tommy Smith picked up the Man of the Match award for his exceptional performance. After the game, Zola praised his team for what he thought was a winning performance. Zola quoted this at a press conference after the match.

I'm slightly dissapointed with the result today, but the performance of the majority of the lads out there was brilliant. John, Mateja, Eidur and especially Tommy were all great and played as well as they could have today. The post match statistics show that we may have performed better than Swansea in some areas , but we didn't have enough of the ball and when we did we should have converted more of the 8 chances we had today. Swansea took their chances and that was the difference today.

Up next for Watford is Luke Treanor's Sheffield United on Wednesday in the 1st round of the English Cup, who find themselves just above the relegation zone in Division 2.

In other news, Zola has this morning completed the loan signing of young Norwegian full back/left midfielder Joachim Thomassen. Thomassen who is currently in the U21 setup for his country, has joined Watford on a season long loan from fellow forum manager Marius Masan's Newcastle United, with the option for Masan to recall Thomassen when needed. Zola has said to be delighted with the deal and will present Thomassen to the fans in a press conference this week. Thomassen may make his debut in the fixture on Wednesday.

jthommassen_1207842232.jpg

Thomassen seen on the left playing for his first club Fredrikstad FK.

Started campaign with a 2-1 win against sheffield united was gonna do a m/r but i dont have time.9 players brought in yesterday most risers are taken so a few of them are players ive seen in action and think they deserve a rise:)

Dragovic in desprate need of a Centre Midfilder

blackburn-rovers-crest_633643403460312500.jpg

Dragovic came out today and put out the he was in desperate need for a central midfielder on loan. He said that he was willing to listen to any offers from manager willing to loan him out a central mifielder rated 84+.

Blackburn sign Tamio on loan

EMP-6702192.jpg

Dragovic has finally found the central midfielder he has been looking for. After days of looking he finally came to an agrement with Sunderland. Tamio who hasnt played a game yet for SUnderland was happy to leave to Blackburn where he was most likely to play. Blackburn who were also after players like Boateng from Tottenham, Kovac from West Ham and Ramsey from Arsenal all were rejected but finally came around to Tamio. The Finnish midfilder will me most likely to play alongside Marchisio and Dzageov. It was reported that Blackburn will be paying his full wage of 17,000 per turn.

Derby day goes Arsenal's way

(oh snap! RHYMEEE...! :D)

arsenal-logo.gif

1_1237749663.jpg2 - 1 21_1203862898.gif

Venue: @ Emirates Stadium

Goalscorers: ARSENAL - Van Persie(43), Cesc(51)

CHELSEA - Eto'o(34)

M.O.M: Van Persie

- STATS -

Possession: 62% - 38%

Total Shots: 15 - 19

Shots on Target: 11 - 8

Corners: 4 - 3

Yellow Cards: 2 - 0

Red Cards: 0 - 0

brawl-chelsea-v-arsenal.jpg

Numerous boos at players, jeers from the crowds, obscene gestures, shouting at the ref, brawls ensuing, just your typical atmosphere for yet another DERBY DAY!

Well the Emirates Stadium set the scene for a fiery London derby, as Arsenal took on West Londoners, Chelsea in a close match, with your usual derby day antics. Straight from the get do Arsenal looked as if they would take the lead as Frenchman Samir Nasri, merely just missed, with a curling shot which went past the outside post in only the 3rd minute, surely making Cech to be more cautious next time around. Arsenal put in yet another lavish performance from there on, with the quick one-touch style of play, yet where unable to pass a solid back 4 that Chelsea has, both Eto'o and Drogba when they could, tried to be of a nuisance on the counter attacks, in one case Drogba came ever so close to scoring, forcing Almunia to make a terrific save, about 10 minutes that we had our first goal. Eto'o put the away side up 1-nil with a viperous, venomous shot with Almunia stood no chance of stopping. It seemed that Chelsea where going to head into the hald in the lead, until in the 43rd minute where Van Persie performed an amazing chip over Cech and only just went into the goal, before Cech could hurdle back, 1-1 at half-time.

The second half was a battle of two teams really, which still continued in the same manner, one team dominating in possession and dictating th play being Arsenal, while the other holding the fort, and waiting patiently on the chance to pounce with a counter attack. Finally in the 51st minute we saw the match winner, coming from former Arsenal captain, Cesc Fabregas who slid the ball under Cech ever so neatly, 2-1 Arsenal, and that score remained till the blow of the whistle. A hard fought derby, which both sides played well, Chelsea will feel gutted to not go away with even a point. We should mention in the 75th minute we saw the return of Eduardo, who made a brief appearance, surely trying to get back to being 100% match fit. Manager Kylan commented after the match;

Well I'm proud of the lads, they done well. We're showing that we've got goalscorers all over the pitch ,and that our pizazz style of football is causing quite a lot of problems for teams. This was a tough match to win, all credit to Chelsea. We've got nearly a week off now as we have a 'bye' in the 'English Cup' so we'll rest up for our trip to Fratton Park.

EMP-5155363.jpg

Robin Van Persie put in a MOM performance today, a player in hot form at the moment, while Cesc who no doubt was stunned at the beginning of the season after being removed as captain, scored the match winner, earning Arsenal the win. :)

Next Match: @ Fratton Park

4_32x32.png VS Portsmouth-FC-32x32.png

Date: August 3rd, 2009

Guest King Kolo

Derby day goes Arsenal's way

(oh snap! RHYMEEE...! :D)

arsenal-logo.gif

1_1237749663.jpg2 - 1 21_1203862898.gif

Venue: @ Goodison Park

Goalscorers: ARSENAL - Van Persie(43)' date=' Cesc(51)[/color']

CHELSEA - Eto'o(34)

M.O.M: Van Persie

- STATS -

Possession: 62% - 38%

Total Shots: 15 - 19

Shots on Target: 11 - 8

Corners: 4 - 3

Yellow Cards: 2 - 0

Red Cards: 0 - 0

brawl-chelsea-v-arsenal.jpg

Numerous boos at players, jeers from the crowds, obscene gestures, shouting at the ref, brawls ensuing, just your typical atmosphere for yet another DERBY DAY!

Well the Emirates Stadium set the scene for a fiery London derby, as Arsenal took on West Londoners, Chelsea in a close match, with your usual derby day antics. Straight from the get do Arsenal looked as if they would take the lead as Frenchman Samir Nasri, merely just missed, with a curling shot which went past the outside post in only the 3rd minute, surely making Cech to be more cautious next time around. Arsenal put in yet another lavish performance from there on, with the quick one-touch style of play, yet where unable to pass a solid back 4 that Chelsea has, both Eto'o and Drogba when they could, tried to be of a nuisance on the counter attacks, in one case Drogba came ever so close to scoring, forcing Almunia to make a terrific save, about 10 minutes that we had our first goal. Eto'o put the away side up 1-nil with a viperous, venomous shot with Almunia stood no chance of stopping. It seemed that Chelsea where going to head into the hald in the lead, until in the 43rd minute where Van Persie performed an amazing chip over Cech and only just went into the goal, before Cech could hurdle back, 1-1 at half-time.

The second half was a battle of two teams really, which still continued in the same manner, one team dominating in possession and dictating th play being Arsenal, while the other holding the fort, and waiting patiently on the chance to pounce with a counter attack. Finally in the 51st minute we saw the match winner, coming from former Arsenal captain, Cesc Fabregas who slid the ball under Cech ever so neatly, 2-1 Arsenal, and that score remained till the blow of the whistle. A hard fought derby, which both sides played well, Chelsea will feel gutted to not go away with even a point. We should mention in the 75th minute we saw the return of Eduardo, who made a brief appearance, surely trying to get back to being 100% match fit. Manager Kylan commented after the match;

EMP-5155363.jpg

Robin Van Persie put in a MOM performance today, a player in hot form at the moment, while Cesc who no doubt was stunned at the beginning of the season after being removed as captain, scored the match winner, earning Arsenal the win. :)

Next Match: @ Fratton Park

4_32x32.png VS Portsmouth-FC-32x32.png

Date: August 3rd, 2009

Venue: Goodison Park?

Birmingham manager quit, if anyone in interested. Best players are henry, yaya toure, owen and marcelo but dosent have too many senior players but has a great youth team of 40 including 2 on loan. a match reporter, please take them :D

English Cup - Round 1

Manchester United 3 vs 2 Blackburn

P. Evra 17

Y. Orozco 37

C. Luis Fabiano 71

R. Sidnei 72

S. Boenisch 76

Cbb doin match report but upset that iv been knocked out so early but i was playing man u and they were too good compared to blackburn. Came out with defensive approach playing 5-4-1. Suprised i scored 2 goals and happy that defenders managed to get one in the back of the net.

261x.jpg

Boenisch celebrating with team mate Ozil after scoring a second to come back from 3-0.

Birmingham manager quit' date=' if anyone in interested. Best players are henry, yaya toure, owen and marcelo but dosent have too many senior players but has a great youth team of 40 including 2 on loan. a match reporter, please take them :D[/quote']

I wonder why that was?

Its becuase roykeane1 was in charge of them and we all know he wrecks teams.

I cant see anyone wanting them but prove me wrong.

Zola Blasts Misfiring Strikers as 10 Man Blades Knock Out Watford

English Cup Round 1 Sheffield United vs Watford

SheffUtd.jpgSheffield United 3-1 Watford _41434879_watford_150.gif

Watford manager Eidur-Zola is said to of been livid with his misfiring Watford team after a 2nd consecutive defeat, this time to fellow Division 2 outfit Sheffield United. The Hornets were knocked out of the English Cup and in similiar fashion to the game against Swansea, had far more chances on goal but failed to make the majority of them pay.

Just under 25,000 fans filled Bramall Lane to see Luke Treanor's Sheffield United face off against Eidur Zola's Watford side. One change had been made to the side that played on Saturday, in which saw right midfielder Don Cowie replace Jobi McAnuff in Watford's midfield.

The first half began sourly, when Watford's John O'Shea picked up a yellow card within the first minute of play after a high challenge. This set the tone for the game, as both sides tried to get the initiative, with Tommy Smith for Watford and Stephen Quinn for Sheffield United both missing early chances. As on Saturday both goalkeepers made some good saves, with both Ben Foster and Steve Harper making saves early on. 24 minutes in and it was the home side who took the lead, through Lee Hendrie, who's acute shot managed to get a deflection and somehow find the back of the net.

10 minutes after Hendrie's goal, saw the Blades go down to 10 men, when Chinese full back Sun Jihai brought down the last man and was giving an early bath by Icelandic referee Johannes Valgeirsson. With the Blades down to 10 men, Watford looked to be using the extra man well, but it was Sheffield United's Darius Henderson who hit the cross bar, which brought the first half to a close.

The second half started frantically, and within the first minute of the half, Aleksandrs Cauna's shot was cleared off the line, almost bringing an equaliser for Watford. However midway through the second half, Sheffield United made it 2-0 when Henderson scored an absolute screamer, leaving Foster with no chance. Watford continued to produce chances, with Eidur Gudjohnsen and Mateja Kezman producing the better of the chances. However the 10 men of Sheffield United struck again, when a clearance from a corner kick was half volleyed into the back of the net by Hendrie, his second of the day, his second of the cup and sealing the result for Sheffield United.

There was one consolation for Watford fans, as Mateja Kezman made use of a poor clearance to score a consolation goal for Zola's Hornets. The Serbian striker nicknamed Batman after his previous "Batman and Robin" partnership with Arjen Robben was clearly delighted to have scored late on, but it was to little to late for Watford, who were out of the English Cup.

20051203LigaAtleticoMatejaKezman.jpg

Batman's heroics were too late to save the match for Watford.

After the match, Zola at his usual post match press conference stated...

I'm dissapointed with the performance today. I knew this game would be difficult to win, and there was always the possibility that we would lose, but I did not think we would lose in the fashion that we did today. Again I've taken a look at the post match stats, and just like with Swansea we simply did not have enough possession today, although we had more possession today than on Saturday, we still are not gaining the majority of possession compared to our opposition. However Sheffield United deserved their win and I wish them good luck with the rest of this season.

When asked about his team's poor shots to goals ratio, Zola responded...

This for me at the minute, is simply not good enough. Both games have seen us perform well, creating chances and getting into goal scoring positions but in front of goal at the minute, it simply isn't happening. We've had around 15-20 shots at target combined in the last two games, and the fact that we've only scored 2 out of this amount is absolutely dreadful. This has cost us both the result today and against Swansea on Saturday. We need to improve and we need to do this now. Were up against Shorpe tomorrow and we need to get a result, it's simply what the fans deserve for their support. I can guarantee that changes will be made.

Watford travel to Glanford Park tomorrow to face managerless Shorpe, who although in the relegation zone possess the likes of Ross Turnbull, Wes Brown and Fillipo Inzaghi. Tommy Smith is expected to face a late fitness test tomorrow.

MOM: Mateja Kezman

As you guys can see, I'm probably going to have a look at my tactics again, to try and find ways of countering these issues.

Another great report Eidur-Zola. You really are a true legend at M/Rs. :):):)

Thanks again mate :)

I'd quite like to do a match report on us winning a game though :D

I can do a preview report for tomorrow's fixtures (probably only the SM Forums managed teams ) later if everyone would like that.

I have recently taken over Derby County, and I have very little money to spend, so I am looking for loans. The guy before me bought a lot of old players, but that's okay because they have silly resale value now. I need a CM and CB or of about 88/89. Any help will be greatly appreciated, it will be quite a while before I can build a team I am happy with.