Sign in to follow this  
Torres+Gerrard

English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

Hunt named gaffer at Villa Park

0,,10265~3826239,00.jpg

Aston Villa fans were out in force to greet their new manager

Just moments ago, English manager, Rhys Hunt was named as the new manager of Premiership outfit, Aston Villa. Villa currently sit in 15th place in the Premier League but have managed to keep cold of their star players like Ashely Young, Gabby Agbonlahor and John Carew.

Before Hunt arrived at Villa they had already signed experienced players such as Guti, Paul Scholes and Vincenzo Iaquinta, but Hunt says they need more quality throughout the squad and Hunt has targeted Lilles French midfielder, Yohan Cabaye and really need to add depth to the squad at Villa Park. Hunt has also announced that Aston Villa will adopt his famous 3-5-2 formation and says even though Villa have very good central-midfielders at this moment in time, but Hunt insists that Cabaye is needed at the club.

Hunts is thrown straight into action at Aston Villa when they face Barnsley tonight in Round 2 of the English Cup. Hunt has confirmed that he will field a strong team, but has also given Chris Herd and Mark Albrighton the chance to shine for Villa tonight in the Cup.

LOANS NEED PLEASE HELP! REPLY ON HERE!!

081024Cabaye1.jpg

Yohan Cabaye: Hunt's top target

Joe Allen Can Be Loaned Out As Of Tommorow (Providing My Chairman Isn't Being A Wally Again!) :)

Thanks for the offer was looking more for 85+ loans. :o

ANYONE GOT ANY 85+ LOANS PLEASE!!

Thanks for the offer was looking more for 85+ loans. :o

ANYONE GOT ANY 85+ LOANS PLEASE!!

It is unlikely that anyone will loan you a 85+ as they are prob in the first team.

ive only got one and hes already on loan so tough luck.

It is unlikely that anyone will loan you a 85+ as they are prob in the first team.

ive only got one and hes already on loan so tough luck.

Kevin Prince Boateng? I've made a loan bid ;)

Cheers. :D

i duno. i also dont know why you want to loan off me as i have less senior players then you.

19 compared to your 22.

Let's put it this way.. i stamp on anyone to get to the top. ;)

Match Report Round 9 - Blackburn Rovers vs West Ham

Blackburn%20Rovers%20Icon.jpgBlackburn 1 - 0 West Hamwestham.gif

(Half Time 0 - 0)

Dzagoev 54

Another league victory for now 8th place Blackburn. After beating former league leaders, West Ham 1 - 0 the 31, 367 home fans at Ewood Park were off their feet after many young players as well as some experienced were beginning to show there worth. With a great team goal by Blackburn in the 54th minute, it was all that was need. Russian international Alan Dzagoev scored his second of the season which made West Ham drop from 1st to 3rd and the Rovers to rise to 8th. With Blackburn winning the possession count with 52% as well as having 20 shots to West Hams 15, 10 on target to West Hams 3, Blackburn are beginning to show their ability.

The only goal of the match was scored nine minutes after half time. Alan Dzagoev, one of Dragovic's buys for 6.3 million pounds plus a player in exchange scored after a brilliant build up fell to Blackburns player of the season so far, Mesut Ozil who whipped the ball into the box which meet the midfielders head and hit the back of the net. It was a disappointing loss for West Ham after beating Blackburn a couple days before in the 'Knock Out Cup'.

Dzagoev.jpg

Alan Dzagoev celbrating his goal.

Blackburn manager Daniel Dragovic spoke after the game and said 'Another great performance by the squad. It is great seeing our stadium filling more and more after every game because of the massive improvement by the squad. It was a great performance by our defense to be able to hold of great attackers such as Mutu, Trezeguet and Hleb, they proved that they are more than capable. A spectacular team goal managed to get us over the line and we will be looking forward to our next match against Manchester City'.

Starting Line Ups

Blackburn

5-4-1

Asenjo, Metzelder, Sidnei, Belenguer, Hibbert, Zambrotta, Tainio, Marchisio, Ozil, Dzagoev and J. Pereria

Bench - Perotti, Josico, Balotelli, Hodge and Howedes

West Ham

3-5-2

Enke, Neill, Juanito, Nesta, Van Bronckhorst, Liverani, Munitis, Ambrosini, Trezeguet, Mutu and Hleb

Bench - Payne, Cole, Gabbidon, Upson, Kovac

Man of the Match

Mesut_sevinc_CL0809.jpg

Mesut Ozil

Next Match

Manchester-City-icon.jpgManchester City vs Blackburn Rovers Blackburn%20Rovers%20Icon.jpg

Guest King Kolo

match report? you havent had a match though.

Btw the way Hunty and Plan-B if Tottenham. you will find me at the top of the league come the end of the season. :D

Nah Mate it's West Ham's year although I just got knocked off 1st spot :(

Nah Mate it's West Ham's year although I just got knocked off 1st spot :(

yeah but not only have i planned for this season but also the coming years by investing in youth.

More manager needed btw.

MK DONS really needs Toggs back.

Quite a few managers have fallen away, shame really. Anyway, quick update, have 10 Sections 5 Risers, lined up to join in the following day. Hopefully this will strenghten Crewe Alexandra's charge, for the title, as they are responding well to an opening match day defeat at the hands of Swindon. Got Walsall on Wednesday, which should result in a Crewe Alexandra win on paper. However, Football isn't played on paper, it's played on SoccerManager. ;)

Wonderful Wendesday Beat Boro

in a fairly even match at The Riverside Stadium Sheffield Wendesday won 2-0 on penalties in a cup upset in round 2, Wendesday who again used the 4-5-1 formation that sealed a 3-2 coventry two days ago played with the same team Wendesday was on top possesion wise 57%-435 and also took heed of the managers advice having 8 shots all on target compared to having 3 on target from 14 last week, Jermaine Johnson who had a fine game for the owls nearly scored twice after a shot from Ruben De La red early on that Frey saved Wendesday settled down and after a frantic defensive effort by boro Johnson had a snap shot form 6 yards which was saved by Frey, Mahamadou Diarra went close twice heading inches wide and having a shot cleared off the line from Micheal Gray however Wendesday came close three more times before the half was over when a low rasping drive was beaten away by Sebastien Frey and then only a few minutes later a fine diagonal ball found Darren Bent who chested it and hit an overhead kick but Frey thwarted Wendesday again after a fine from Darren Potter on the opposite wing Jermaine Johnson headed onto to the roof of the net the half time whilst was then blown by the referee

The first 10 minutes of the second half was quiet despite Steve Finnan having a great run his final ball let him down, however the 2nd half sparked into life when Darren Bent had a clear chance from 10 yards but Freys fantastic instinct save tipped it wide of the post, but 5 minutes later Wendesday finally beat Frey Potter delivered another brilliant cross and Johnson converted this time heading home and cue the ecstacy in the Sheffield Wendesday end, However instead of wendesday taking the initative they defended on there lead Diarra was the first to go close having a 20 yard fizzing shot just go wide of the post then immidelately after that with Huth and Beevers both somehow heading wide with free headers from corners and then Adam Johnson had a chip from 20 yards hitting the bar but Johnson wasnt to be denied 5 minutes later after some frantic defending Johnson poked it home from close range and boro were back in the match with 10 minutes left Ruben De La Red missed a free header after this and 3 minutes later wendesday almost conceded the 2nd but Abidal missed an open goal and there was a fine save by Paul Robinson and Sebastien Frey as the half ended and Wendesday then won on Penalties with Darren Bent and Tommy Miller scoring to win it for the owls

Wow' date=' i just realised that after taking over Mk Dons this setup had a thread!

I thought it was just a random league :P[/quote']

Nope, It's Probably The 2nd Best Ec In SM (After 106 Of Course.) :)

Toggs Has Built You A Great Money Spinning Side. :)