Sign in to follow this  
Torres+Gerrard

English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Wow' date=' i just realised that after taking over Mk Dons this setup had a thread!

I thought it was just a random league :P[/quote']

Mate you are very lucky as Toggs used to have Mk Dons and has made a great team.

there like darlington in Ec106 who are now in the top division. hope you get a Ec106 team soon mate.

Nope' date=' It's Probably The 2nd Best Ec In SM (After 106 Of Course.) :)

Toggs Has Built You A Great Money Spinning Side. :)[/quote']

Well, lucky old me. :)

I'll do m/r's and transfers etc later on.

Although Toggs left me with no money at all but a great side.

Nope' date=' It's Probably The 2nd Best Ec In SM (After 106 Of Course.) :)

Toggs Has Built You A Great Money Spinning Side. :)[/quote']

Your forgetting EC1, never been in it but i'm know it's full of forumers:eek:

Was just wondering if there was a youth cup for this setup?

Since i have a big, young squad it would be good..

Oh, and i've got a report coming up in a little while :)

Was just wondering if there was a youth cup for this setup?

Since i have a big' date=' young squad it would be good..

Oh, and i've got a report coming up in a little while :)[/quote']

no there isnt mate as most teams (excluding me and you) dont have enough yout players due to it being the first year. Youth cups normally only start in season 4/5. or if its like Ec106 then season 9!

there is a "Knockout Cup" but that is already in the semi-final stage and so wont be for another season.

no there isnt mate as most teams (excluding me and you) dont have enough yout players due to it being the first year. Youth cups normally only start in season 4/5. or if its like Ec106 then season 9!

there is a "Knockout Cup" but that is already in the semi-final stage and so wont be for another season.

Thats fair enough. Hoping we can get enough managers with enough players to start next season. :)

Would anyone be up for a friendly? Just to give the youth a go.

Thats fair enough. Hoping we can get enough managers with enough players to start next season. :)

Would anyone be up for a friendly? Just to give the youth a go.

yeah im up for it mate. a youth game though.

not that you have much choice.

im tottenham. challenge me if you want.

yeah im up for it mate. a youth game though.

not that you have much choice.

im tottenham. challenge me if you want.

Thanks, challenged. :)

Yepp, all youth. Want to see how my young'uns get on against bigger opposition. :D

Vinnie Jones Signs On!

01_vinnie_jones.jpg

New manager Vinnie arriving at press conference.

After much speculation following the depature of 'Messiah' Toggs, Dons fans were shocked as to the successor. Chairman Pete Winkleman sprung the news on fans as previous manager Toggs stepped down due to a lack of understanding with board members, thought to be about lack of transfer funds. Most will remember new boss Vinnie Jones from his playing days at the likes of Chelsea and Wimbledon, but many will also remember him from a range of films from Lockstock and Two Smoking Barrells to Tooth Fairy. His arrival will come as a shock to many, including Vinnie. Heres what he had to say on the matter during his exclusive 1st interview with The SM Standard:

Your shocked? I nearly had a bloomin' heart attack when Pete (Dons chairman) phoned me up about the possibility of managing MK Dons! Of course, i didnt need any time to think about this, i jumped at the opportunity of managing such a great up and coming side! In fact, i dropped the movie i was currently filming, the final Harry Potter, in which i played Professor Snape's man slave/lover who betrays him. I'm just looking forward to guiding the Dons to where they belong, the Premier League.

F819DAEF-D601-7130-13F27BACA44B12EE.jpg

Transfer News And Speculation

Despite the new Dons boss Jones stating he is happy with his squad, and the fact the club has no money to spend, Mk have still been linked to several players and make be looking to make moves sometime soon:

- Jake Buxton: The former Derby defender, now at Villareal, is one of Jones' biggest targets as he see's him as an ideal 1st choice CB for the Dons. Although, they will face stiff competition from former club Derby.

- Albert Adomah: Jones believes the winger will add a touch of class to a rather lackluster team.

- Scott Davies: Is very much wanted for the same reasons as Adomah, and is likely to join from Aldershot town toward the latter part of the season for a fee believed to be 500k.

- Stefan Jovetic: Vinnie had ear-marked him as a priority signing, one in which would allow him to become 1st choice striker. After making a loan offer,which would see Di Michele returning to West Ham, but that was blocked by the Burnley chairman; despite Jovetic making only 5 apps for Burnley so far.

- Scott Loach: The England U21 'keeper is seen as the ideal replacement for current No1 Sergio Valinotti, who appears to be on his way out of the club. Stefan Frei will take the starting berth for now, until Loach becomes available in late September. But Dons will have to fight Leicester for the star, as the KA Gent star is highly sought after.

Message To All EC 3951 Managers:

Yes, we are indeed looking for a midfielder to join the club on loan until the end of the season. This would be ideal due to our current lack of funds and, if they impress, we could make it permanent at the end of the season. But, at this moment in time, we have not been offered anyone on loan and have not yet made any inquiries.

The club are believed to be looking for a right midfielder/winger to become 1st choice in the starting lineup as that is the main weak spot in the team. It is understood that players above the rating of 80 would be fantastic for Mk.

Mark Albrighton, of Aston Villa, is also someone Jones is keen on. But it is not yet known whether he will make a move or if the Villa heirachy will allow him to leave.

Victory Is A Sweet Sensation!

0,,10420~3618524,00.jpg

Fans celebrate win.

Underdogs Mk Dons emerged as shock winners against Southampton in the 2nd Round of the English Cup. Despite fielding a weaker side, Mk Dons came out on top after a powerful header from Chinese winger Hao Rong on the 58th minute which was then followed by a decisive goal from Tim Ward just 12 minutes later as he slipped past the defense and slid the ball underneath opposition goallie Barel Mouka. It was new manager Vinnie Jones' 1st game in charge, but he showed the managers of EC 3951 that he means business by delivering a half-time team speech to turn around his teams fortunes. In the after game interview, he was very much modest on his influence:

Me? I had no real influence on the game. I gave the lads abit of a speech at half-time, just telling them really that they have the quality to pull off the win; which is very much true. We had a real quality game, with superb football on show. Some may say that i fielded a 'reserve' side and questioned my judgement, but in truth all my players in the squad are capable of a 1st team place and that can only be good for the team. I was trying out a few players that were, before i arrived, somewhat un-used, and i was delighted with everyone. Especially Tim Ward, before i arrived he had played just two games and was unimpressive, but tonight he was excellent. He tracked back, made runs and passed like Cesc Fabregas. He will give me serious thought over a possible 1st team place for him.

So, its out with the old and in with the new at Mk Dons.

Its certainly exciting times.

More to follow...

nice report. im blackburn btw. ill play a youth friendly with you if you want? i have 21 youht players aswell as 8 players 21 or under in my senior squad but it would be pari if i just played my youth. want a game?

Welcome mate' date=' I'm Crewe. ;)[/quote']

Thanks mate, i see your in 5th place; good luck ;):D

Can anyone give me a list of the forumers in this setup and there clubs? :o

I'm pretty sure the Newcastle manager is one..

Thanks mate' date=' i see your in 5th place; good luck ;):D

I'm pretty sure the Newcastle manager is one..[/quote']

The 1st Post Has A Rough One, It's not Up To Date But Not Many Have Quit Since, And Only A Few joined. So The Initial Post will Give A Rough Idea. :)

The 1st Post Has A Rough One' date=' It's not Up To Date But Not Many Have Quit Since, And Only A Few joined. So The Initial Post will Give A Rough Idea. :)[/quote']

Ok mate, cheers :)

Looks like a good setup, not as packed as 106 but it can get there ;)

At least theres a better chance to sign someone! :P

Thanks mate' date=' i see your in 5th place; good luck ;):D

I'm pretty sure the Newcastle manager is one..[/quote']

I'm QPR.

Welcome :)

The 1st Post Has A Rough One' date=' It's not Up To Date But Not Many Have Quit Since, And Only A Few joined. So The Initial Post will Give A Rough Idea. :)[/quote']

well they havent put me down yet and im sheffield wendesday manage and a forumer

Guest King Kolo

Can't see why we can't do a Knockout cup in a few weeks after it's over?

I'm in the Semi's ATM but I'll probably be knocked out becuase I've got Newcastle :(

Can't see why we can't do a Knockout cup in a few weeks after it's over?

I'm in the Semi's ATM but I'll probably be knocked out becuase I've got Newcastle :(

I got knocked out by newcastle. :o

but you shoudl beat them mate becuase your west ham and have a better team then them. no offence darkblade.

we might be able to do one at the end of the season but it wont be the same if we play like 3 "Knockout Cup" things in a season.

Guest King Kolo

I got knocked out by newcastle. :o

but you shoudl beat them mate becuase your west ham and have a better team then them. no offence darkblade.

we might be able to do one at the end of the season but it wont be the same if we play like 3 "Knockout Cup" things in a season.

Nah I'm sure it will be a close match NOT! :D

Maybe two or three times every season we could come up with a new tourney like:

Normal Tourney (The one we are doing now)

Under 25 Tourney (In a few seasons as you and me have old timers)

National tourney (Everyone given a country and you have to play players from that country)