Sign in to follow this  
Torres+Gerrard

English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Guest King Kolo

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Also Drew with Stoke 2-2 but go through on Pens in the Shield, Carlton Cole and Zavron Hines got the goals for West Ham while Salif Diao and Richardo Fuller scored for Stoke. I played my Reserve team :)

150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

Villa cruise past Barnsley

English manager, Rhys Hunt only took over as Aston Villa manager yesterday and later that night he was thrown straight into the deep end with Villa having an English Cup Round 2 tie with Barnsley. Hunt still fielded a strong team but gave youngsters Mark Albrighton, Chris Herd and Nathan Delfouneso a chance to impress in the first team and they didn't disapoint with a couple of great performances.

3_1196909593.gif0-32_1202957170.gif

Albrighton '2

Scholes '20

Heskey '51

Rhys Hunts managerial career with English side, Aston Villa got off to the perfect start and what made it even sweeter was that young English midfielder, Mark Albrighton rewarded Hunt's faith in him with a goal in just the second minute of the match. Villa were looking for more goals and Barnsley keeper, Nelson Dida pulling off some spectacular saves to keep Villa from doubling their lead. Dida couldn't keep Hunt's men at bay for any longer, when Villa stand-in captain, Paul Scholes scored an amazing diving header after a great cross from out-wide. Barnsley did hit back with some attacking of their own but Aston Villa's big American keeper, Brad Friedel was determined to keep a clean sheet. At half-time the score was Barnsley 0-2 Aston Villa.

Aston Villa started off the second-half as well as they could with English centre-forward, Emile Heskey firing a low shot into the corner of the net to make it 3-0 to Villa and effectively kill off the tie. Villa didn't want to stop their with Delfouneso, Albrighton and Sidwell coming closest to getting a fourth for Hunt's men. Barnsley didn't cause much of a threat throughout the second half. At the full-time whistle the score was Barnsley 0-3 Aston Villa.

This win for Villa sets up an English Cup Round 3 tie with Oldham Athletic. Aston Villa's manager, Rhys Hunt spoke to SMTV after the game last night and he had this to say: "I'm really pleased with the lads. In my first game in charge and that was a fantastic win. The youngsters did themselves proud, Nathan (Delfouneso), Mark (Albrighton), and Chris (Herd) played very well". Villa's next game is in the league, and will come against Portsmouth and their new manager at Fratton Park.

heskey_516x435_51067a.jpg

Heskey fires in Villa's third goal to wrap up the game

Nah I'm sure it will be a close match NOT! :D

Maybe two or three times every season we could come up with a new tourney like:

Normal Tourney (The one we are doing now)

Under 25 Tourney (In a few seasons as you and me have old timers)

National tourney (Everyone given a country and you have to play players from that country)

not sure about the one in bold!

I supose if you were that keen we could do one more "Knockout Cup" - so 2 in every season, starting after the 19th turn and so its in the second half of the season and then the winner of the first plays the second winner to be called the "Ultimate Knockout Winner - Season 1".

Welcome Monty' date=' I only joined yesterday as Portsmouth:)[/quote']
I'm QPR.

Welcome :)

Thanks for the welcome lads.

Is the West Ham manager a forumer?

Because i was wondering why he re-called Di Michele :o

not sure about the one in bold!

I supose if you were that keen we could do one more "Knockout Cup" - so 2 in every season' date=' starting after the 19th turn and so its in the second half of the season and then the winner of the first plays the second winner to be called the "Ultimate Knockout Winner - Season 1".[/quote']

So It's Basically Having A Knockout Cup And A Knouckout Shield, And The Winners Play In The Knockout Super Trophy? Or Something Like That...:)

Guest King Kolo

Sorry Mate I didn't know you where MK Dons, I thought you were another team and I thought MK Dons were unmanged as Toggs quit :P

You can make the loan offer mate but I might need him for Shield and Cup games so can you not get him cup tied?

Sorry Mate I didn't know you where MK Dons' date=' I thought you were another team and I thought MK Dons were unmanged as Toggs quit :P

You can make the loan offer mate but I might need him for Shield and Cup games so can you not get him cup tied?[/quote']

Thats fine with me mate, thanks. :)

Its rather lucky i left him out of the squad last night in the cup then eh?! :P

Guest King Kolo

Thats fine with me mate' date=' thanks. :)

Its rather lucky i left him out of the squad last night in the cup then eh?! :P[/quote']

Lol cheers :)

Yeah Lol :D

So It's Basically Having A Knockout Cup And A Knouckout Shield' date=' And The Winners Play In The Knockout Super Trophy? Or Something Like That...:)[/quote']

Yeah sort of. but we will call both the "Knockout Cup" and both will post in the same thread.

i will not be making a list of people who wana tot enter and will leave that till close to the time.

Guest King Kolo

Also sorry Hunty I know you just made an offer, he's been at MK Dons all season :(:)

Yeah sort of. but we will call both the "Knockout Cup" and both will post in the same thread.

i will not be making a list of people who wana tot enter and will leave that till close to the time.

Yeah Yeah, Names Don't Matter. But It's Just In Essence An Extra FA Cup, AnD Carling Cup & Community Shield, But With Only Forumers. :)

Don't worry about it Liam :)

Ermm...

ANYONE GOT ANY 80 + PLAYERS FOR LOAN!! :o

Joe Allen, But My Chairman Is A Tosspot. Seeing As He's My Only Outright CM He'll Probably Tell You To Get'. Maybe He'll Let him Out Tommorow As I'm Eyeing Up A Mystery CM After Losing Out To Leicester Over Vorsah. :o

Joe Allen' date=' But My Chairman Is A Tosspot. Seeing As He's My Only Outright CM He'll Probably Tell You To Get'. Maybe He'll Let him Out Tommorow As I'm Eyeing Up A Mystery CM After Losing Out To Leicester Over Vorsah. :o[/quote']

Take him off unavailable and led me have a look ;)

Take him off unavailable and led me have a look ;)

Ah Lol, I keep Trying to Shove Him On The Loan List - Chairman Won't Loan Out This Player - Not added To Loan List. And He Was Unavailable Because I Kept Getting Chairman Value Bids. :rolleyes:

Anyway He's Available Now. :)

Guest King Kolo

Danny Gabbidon (86) CB

Luis Boa Morte (86) LM AM

James Tomkins (82) CB

Julien Faubert (87) RB RM

All up for loan, but don't play them in the Cup or Shield.

Guest King Kolo

Danny Gabbidon (86) CB

Luis Boa Morte (86) LM AM

James Tomkins (82) CB

Julien Faubert (87) RB RM

All up for loan' date=' but don't play them in the Cup or Shield.[/quote']

I'll quote this just so you don't miss it as it was the last post of the last page.

Guest King Kolo

Ooh' date=' Can I Please Have Tomkins? :)

Also swfcladie, though this ec attempt was boring, dead and rubbish B)[/quote']

You can have Gabbidon if you want, rated 86...

I may have to accept the bid a bit later as my time at this Internet Cafe is running out.