Sign in to follow this  
Torres+Gerrard

English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Guest King Kolo

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Loaning Doesn't Count As Increasing Squad Size. B)

Oh Cheers for that :o

150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

BREAKING NEWS: Bid for Cuellar has been accepted!

It has just been announced by Aston Villa that they have accepted a bid for their Spanish centre-back Carlos Cuellar thought to be somewhere in the region of £13m. The other club said to be involved is Ukranian side Dynamo Kyiv who have said to been tracking Cuellars progress over the last few months. Villa have also said that the money they recieve will be used to replace Cuellar but they will still have a around £2-3m spare to add depth to the squad which Hunt said is vital.

article-0-0241807700000578-581_468x306.jpg

Carlos Cuellar is the subject of an accepted bid from Dynamo Kyiv

Tottenham Hotspur V Bolton Wanderers

Wednesday, 19 August 2009

_41327246_tottenham_badge203.gif

Tottenham tonight play a hard Bolton team who haven proven that they have enough quality to finish in the top 10. They are currently 5th and are in the hunt for the first place which has surprised many people but with the Div 1 being so open with only 6 points separating Portsmouth at the top of the league and Wolves in 10th it shows that this year will be thrilling for fans.

However Tottenham boss has said that he is confident of beating Bolton as he has found they have several weaknesses which he hopes to exploit.

Tottenham go in to the game on the back of a inconsistent form with 2 wins, 3 draws and 1 lose in the last 6 games so anything is possible in this result.

Dennis Aogo - First signing of Hunts era

aogo_AP-Kopie400-1236197173.jpg

Young German full-back Aogo joins Villa

Twenty-two year old German full-back, Dennis Aogo has joined English side Aston Villa from German outfit Hamburger SV. The deal saw English left-back Nicky Shorey join Hamburg in a straight swap for the young German. Hunt commented on the signing of Aogo on his way to Villa's training ground this morning saying: "He is a very talented athlete, and hes a great addition to our squad".

In more transfer news, Aston Villa have announced the signing of the talented Italian striker, Simone Zaza who is Fredrico Macheda's strike partner throughout the Italy youth sides. Zaza is said to be one for the future and a very promising striker indeed. Villa have announced they have signed 21-year old Turkish keeper, Sadrettin Firat Kocaoklu for £10k and it is thought Villa will offload Brad Guzan in another deal now that the young Turkish keeper has arrived at Villa park.

Dynamo Kyiv have completed the signing of now ex-Aston Villa defender Carlos Cuellar for £13.1m and it is thought that Hunt will use the money to bring in a talented defender and look to offload Nigel Reo-Coker for another talented CM. It is thought Hunt also has a few youngsters in sight to bring to Villa park and has said that his sides strength is growing and growing which was his main aim.

Derby County win 4-2 over Wycombe Wanderes in Division 3 to climb up to 4th in the table. They remain unbeaten in the league since new boss Dermot O' Brien took over. Goals from Bellucci, 2, Landzaat and Leacock. MoM goes to Bellucci who was rated 10 by the footballing newspapers. County also announce that Kris Commons can leave for a bid of 4 million.

You are so lucky' date=' just scoring on the 89th minute:eek::rolleyes:[/quote']

Determination mate ;)

I played defensively.. and saw a draw coming a mile away :P

I'll do the report so you dont have too if ya like mate?

Determination mate ;)

I played defensively.. and saw a draw coming a mile away :P

I'll do the report so you dont have too if ya like mate?

Ok thanks, my players weren't at their peak fitness. I need to completly change the team:o

Division Three

60_1201910859.gif-millwall.gif

Plymouth Argyle 0 Millwall 1

After a largely disappointing season so far,Millwall make it two wins on the bounce tonight,after a fine 1-0 away win at Plymouth's Home Park stadium. Lions boss Dave Izod decided to rest most of his big guns for the trip west but nevertheless the South Londoners went on to dominate a superior looking Argyle with comparative ease.In a tight first half both teams exchanged chances with the Lions Lewis Grabbon coming closest to opening the scoring with a 41 minute effort which crashed off of keeper Pintos upright.The Lions started the second period the more lively of the two and the game exploded into life just five minutes into the restart, as combative midfielder Riberio Airton Santos intercepted a wayward cross field pass from Fletcher before blasting home past the deserted Pinto.Fletchers evening went from bad to worse barely a minute later as his rash tackle on Harris gave referee Mcdermid little option but to show a straight red for a professional foul.Shortly afterwards, the man in black was called upon to assert his control on the game once more, flashing yellow cards again at Noboa and Hackett, as a spat between the two showed signs of escalating.The one man disadvantage proved too much for the Pilgrims as Millwall remained in control for the rest of the game, cantering over the finish line with considerable ease.The result sees the Lions climb to 10th spot, with next up a visit to the new Den from Jake Malinders third placed Leeds.

SRY for neglecting this one lads, i'll do regular MRs from now on

:)

Guti saves Villa with last gasp strike

Tonight, Rhys Hunt took charge ofhis first Premiership game with Aston Villa when they came up against Portsmouth at Fratton Park. This was always going to be a tough game for Hunt and Villa as they came up against a fairly strong Portsmouth team and their experienced French manager Bail Gaudin.

62_1218812976.jpg1-1 2_1202957170.gif

Aston Villa created the first chance of the game when Agbonlahor made English veteran keeper, David James pull off a smart save. Portsmouth Belgian striker, Moussa Dembele threatened the Villa goal on numerous occasions and that finally paid off when on the 16th minute, Dembele rounds Brad Friedel and slides the ball into the empty net to make it 1-0 to Portsmouth. The game was fairly even all the way up to half-time but there wasn't another goal. At half-time the score was Portsmouth 1-0 Aston Villa.

Portsmouth started the second-half the best with Brad Friedel being sprung into action on numerous occasions to prevent a Portsmouth second goal. Villa's young striker Nathan Delfouneso and Spanish winger Luis Garcia came closest to getting the equaliser for Aston Villa. Villa were piling on the pressure onto the Portsmouth defence and it was getting late to bag a goal, but in the 89th minute, Villa captain, Jose Maria Guti capatilised on a poor back pass to slot home to make it 1-1 and Hunt followed suit of Jose Mourinho's celebration running down the touchline to celebrate with his players, the Portsmouth bench were heartbroken. At the full-time whistle the score was Portsmouth 1-1 Aston Villa.

Aston Villa had much more possesion than Portsmouth but they dominated with attempts on goal but it was a very fiercely contested match with both sides going for the win. Aston Villa manager Rhys Hunt spoke to SMTV after the game and had this to say: "We didnt give up and the lads deserve credit for that". Villa's next game comes against Liverpool at Villa Park, which is sure to be a very tough game for Hunts men.

610x.jpg

Guti (left) bagged a last minute equaliser tonight for Villa

nice work Rhys :)

Your M/R ing dave. good good.:)

Yes Tom' date=' now all the silly boys [ almost :rolleyes:] have joined and quit etc etc i will start to post more MRs. I see its down to 54? managers,i wonder how many active forumers are left?

List of Forumers' Teams:

Torres+Gerrard - Tottenham

TheRealGreenAndWhiteHFC - Swansea

King Kolo - West Ham

1Roy Keane - Birmingham

Nick Justice - Crystal Palace

GozGozzy8 - Norwich

cagj11 - QPR

<<<::The Kaito::>>> - Leicester City

Longnose vc - Millwall

Toggs™ - Milton Keynes Dons

Dan Griffin - Man City

bibi - Plymouth

Danny Rsca (Van Hecke) - Portsmouth

cesc4 - Wigan

darkblade - Newcastle

Harvey - Cardiff City

sonofpluto - Aston Villa

Dean89 - Tranmere

bcfc12345 - Bradford City

United_51 - Derby

inicikirock - Brentford

liverpool_rule - Bury

Kylan N17 - Arsenal

- 23 Forum Managers!

nice work Rhys :)

Yes Tom' date=' now all the silly boys [ almost :rolleyes:] have joined and quit etc etc i will start to post more MRs. I see its down to 54? managers,i wonder how many active forumers are left?[/quote

I have Derby County. I took over after the last manager spent all the money on old players. But shortly after that, they were worth about 4 times their values. I also manage Huddersfield Town in EC106. I am looking for a couple of CM's about 84, as I am without my best guy for 4 weeks.

lool :P ....shhh lol...ive been hit by Injuries and NMF's :(

I need To Concentrate on them more tbh...:) there on my Non-GM you see lol

Yeah I'm the same, I lost 4 games recently playing a NMF team. Gonna start getting back into it now though.

List of Forumers' Teams:

Torres+Gerrard - Tottenham

TheRealGreenAndWhiteHFC - Swansea

King Kolo - West Ham

1Roy Keane - Birmingham GONE

Nick Justice - Crystal Palace

GozGozzy8 - Norwich

cagj11 - QPR

<<<::The Kaito::>>> - Leicester City

Longnose vc - Millwall

Toggs™ - Milton Keynes Dons GONE