Sign in to follow this  
Torres+Gerrard

English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

So monty with the friendly tonight' date=' is it a youth team friendly?

I forgot.[/quote']

Yepp it is mate. I've already set up my team.

Although i dont have any youth 'keepers, i'm playing Soliman (rated 60) in goal. Hope thats ok? :o

i said id do a M/R today so here it is

West Brom 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday

1st half

In an even game at the Hawthorns Sheffield Wednesday secured a hard fought draw to continue Andrew Cliffords unbeaten start at Sheffield Wednesday which is now at 4, not an awful lot happened in the first 10 minutes until a great clipped in ball found Graeme Dorrans who headed across the face off goal and went inches wide and the striker couldnt get a touch to divert it into the back of the net, then it was Sheffields turn to go close with Jermaine Johnson continuing his fantastic form then Esajas had a shot on target but Scott Carson easily saved it there was a huge spell of west brom pressure after this with Aquailani missed a free header from 6 yards and Borja Valero just firing a shot wide from 20 yards but then West Brom finally broke through with Daniel Pranjic hitting a low rasping 20 yard strike into the back of the net the half fizzled out after this with Pranjic going close twice again in the rest of the half until the ref blew his whistle and the players went in for half time

2nd half

The 2nd half started off pretty similar to the 1st with West Brom on top with Miller having a great strike but Paul Robinson denied him with a fine save,Luke Moore also went close with a 25 yard strike going just wide and Aquailani missed another easy headed chance but this time was denied by the post,Sheffield had rode there luck and was know starting to think it might be there day after a fine ball from Steve Watson it fell to Ettiene Esajas who so nearly scored from a fine overhead kick but was denied by a fine save from Scott Carson, Then a great through ball from Ruben De La Red found Esajas but Carson raced out of his goal and denied him as he tried to round the keeper, but as soon as Wednesday seemed to be taking the initative West Brom had 2 chances off there own with Luke Moore firing wide from 25 yards and Ishmael Millers soft penalty appeals were turned down, but then Wendesday came back again and after riding there luck got the equaliser makeshift forward Esajas broke the offisde trap again and slotted home with no pressure from 15 yards this then gave Wednesday the confidence to go for a 2nd with Johnson trapping the ball superbly and fired just wide on the turn,Paul Robinson denied Dorrans with a brilliant block in a 1 on 1 situation Darren Potter so nearly got the winner for Wendesday when Scott Carson made a rash decision to come out and he lobbed the keeper but it the roof of the net and that was the least chance in this end to end game at the Hawthorns

24_1191306687.gif

The 'U's Get Their Man

Thursday 20th August 09'

0,,10424~3765765,00.jpg

(Fans Turn Out In Numbers To Give A Warm Welcome To Daniel Johansson)

Around 9:55 AM, Colchester United owner Robbie Cowling has finally appointed Paul Lambert's successor. After long negotiations, Daniel Johansson has been appointed as Lambert's successor. The Swede signed a three year contract and he revealed that he was pleased to be given a chance to manage in another country. He said "I'm pleased that Robbie gave me this opportunity to manage Colchester United. This is my chance to shine, my target for this season is to get into the play-off's." Robbie Cowling was also pleased that he finally got his number one target. He said "I'm pleased to get Daniel to manage Colchester United after a numerous of attempts. He's a good and experienced manager despite his age and i have firm believe that he would take Colchester United to the next level because he's an ambitious man". The fans are pleased with the appointed because of his managerial record despite being unknown to the British people.

Armani%20suit%201.jpg

(Daniel Johansson Looking Relaxed As He Walks To Meet The Players)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer News

Noring Is Johansson's First Signing

869129_biglandscape.jpg

It seems to be just me doing M/R's and transfer news etc?

I've seen like two other people do like one M/R or w.e :rolleyes:

No point me bothering tbh.. coz they no-one sees it after like 10 minutes of it being posted because the thread fills up with general chit chat. :rolleyes:

It seems to be just me doing M/R's and transfer news etc?

I've seen like two other people do like one M/R or w.e :rolleyes:

No point me bothering tbh.. coz they no-one sees it after like 10 minutes of it being posted because the thread fills up with general chit chat. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean Hunty, i've done two big posts since i joined the other day. But alot of people just dont bother. Although, some have said they'll post M/R's later. I'm doing mine now.

Cardiff Take Three Points From Selhurst Park

CryPalaceHSSS0607.gif1-4 home-08-0914-300x300.jpg

After topping the Coca Cola Championship early on in the season, Cardiff recently endured a poor run which saw them drop way down the table to 12th. After those four consecutive defeats, Cardiff went on to beat Shorpe United 3-1 at the Cardiff City Stadium, and last night they continued that good form at Selhurst Park, defeating Crystal Palace 4-1. The win moves Cardiff up to 4th after 10 games.

The Bluebirds started brightly and had a glorious chance to take the lead in the first minute. Manuel Bruno China inexplicably missed the target in front of an open goal. It didn't take long for the visitors to take the lead though, when just two minutes later, Hulk let fly from 30 yards out, and lashed an unstoppable shot into the top corner. Palace keeper Federico Marchetti could only stand and watch. Palace were still shaken when Cardiff doubled the lead just one minute later. The home side's defence seemed to be non-existent and Charles Kabore was left with the simplest of tasks to roll the ball into the net. Matias de Federico had two good chances to put the game beyond Palace but failed to make them count. Crystal Palace then came to life, and in the 24th minute, Rick Van Wolfswinkel smashed the bar from distance. Just as the home fans began to think their side was back in the game, it was that man Hulk who all but ended the game as a contest. An awful back pass fell short of Marchetti, and the Brazilian striker finished with ease. On the stroke of half time, Charles Kabore joined Hulk on two goals. The former Marseille winger was afforded too much time and space on the ball, and made Palace pay.

Crystal Palace began the second half in much better form, and could have got an early consolation goal if it wasn't for David Marshall. Nicklas Bendtner did well to get past the defender but the Danish international rushed his shot. A fairly uninteresting second half was brightened up by Rick Van Wolfswinkel's 83rd minute overhead kick, though not many of the home fans had stayed long enough to see it. The full time whistle blew to the delight of the manager, players and away fans alike, and the Welsh outfit will surely be hoping that they can maintain their good form heading into their home encounter with in-form Reading.

Man of the Match

HulkPorto.jpg

The former FC Porto striker was in fine form for the Bluebirds last night. Not only did he grab two goals to take his season tally to 6, but he was at the heart of everything that Cardiff did well, justifying his match rating of 10.

150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

Villa complete double swoop!

vfb_fcb_khedira_tor_468x345.jpg

Sami Khedira: A big signing for Villa says Hunt

Today English club Aston Villa have announced on their official club website that they have completed the signings of Sami Khedira from Stuttgart and Jorge Rolando from FC Porto and more low-key signings will arrive tomorrow at some point.

Sami Khedira arrived at Villa Park for £1m plus Englishmen Nigel Reo-Cooker. Hunt spoke about Khedira in a press conference today he said: "I was impressed with Sami at the Euro u21's tournament this year. We have been following his progress and felt it was the right time to buy and he will add great talent and youth to the aging midfield we have here". The second big name signing to arrive at Villa today was that of Portuguese centre-back Jorge Rolando from FC Porto for a fee of around £10.8m he will be a direct replacement for Carlos Cuellar and Hunt says Rolando is a very very exciting player.

Villa also have managed to sign two more promising youth players to add to their squad who should develop into very handy players in the future says Hunt. These two players are attacking-midfielder, Yannis Salibur from Lille and Brazilian striker Klysman Lucas from Vitória de Guimarães. Rhys Hunt is said to still be looking to add to the Villa squad but its all going well at the moment and they need to start getting results in the league.

EC 3951 List of Forumers' Teams

Aladin-Huddersfield

bcfc12345 - Bradford City

bibi - Plymouth

cagj11 - QPR

cesc4 - Wigan

Draga 9- Blackburn

Dan Griffin - Man City

Danny Rsca (Van Hecke) ?

darkblade - Newcastle

Dean89 - Tranmere

Dermo-Derby County

GozGozzy8 - Norwich

Harvey - Cardiff City

Hunty - Aston Villa

Ibracadabra-Colchester

inicikirock - Brentford

Kaito - Leicester City

King Kolo - West Ham

Kylan N17 - Arsenal

liverpool_rule - Bury

Longnose vc - Millwall

Nathan Kirby- Wolves

Nick Justice - Crystal Palace

Monty - Milton Keynes Dons

Plan B- Portsmouth

Romano- Swansea

Redevil90900-Everton

Toonfanforlife-Sheff wed

Torres+Gerrard -Tottenham

29?

Danny Rsca (Van Hecke) was the old Pompey manager before I took over, I don't think is in this setup anymore:(

MCFCSkin-1.png?t=1247679038

Manchester City Football Club Update!

47_1190143104.gif

Bolton 4-2 Manchester City:

Manchester City gave a debut to youngster Karl Moore, and from the result, some players may not be playing again. It looks like the team will need some time to gel together, MCFC Goals - Tevez x2. BWFC Goals - Suazo x2; Tiago x2

Manchester United 3-1 Manchester City:

United have the pride of Manchester for the first half of the season, until we meet again at Eastlands and get MCFC's pride of Manchester back! Still without a win, 3 losses on the trot and things arn't looking to well for MCFC. MUFC Goals - Maxi Rodriguez; Rooney; Giggs. MCFC Goals - Forlan

Manchester City 2-5 Stoke City

Absoloute Shambles. All credit to Stoke, really deserved all 3 points. 4 losses in a row, not a single point for the richest club in the world. YET. MCFC Goals - Robinho; Forlan. SCFC Goals - Olic; Etherington; Diao; Higginbotham; Delap.

Aston Villa 2-4 Manchester City

You don't wanna be playing Man City when their on form, hence the Villa game. First win of the season thanks to goals from Robinho, Barry, Forlan and Lucho Gonzalez. AVFC Goals - Carew; Zanetti.

Manchester City 3-1 Fulham

Team looks like their starting to play well together, 2 wins on the trot. Felipe Melo double and a goal from youngster Vladmer Wiess. Fulham Goal - Nuno Maniche.

Wigan Athletic 1-3 Manchester City

10 goals in 3 games for the Manc's, and their third win on the trot, 6 games so far, 3 losses and 3 wins, teams starting to pick up pace now so watch out! MCFC Goals - Forlan x2, Felipe Melo. WAFC Goals - N'Zogbia.

Manchester City 0-2 West Ham United

3 game winning streak comes to an end, at the expense of liam o'connors west ham united. WHUFC Goals - Mutu and Munitis.

Birmingham City 1-3 Manchester City

MCFC Straight back to winning ways and it's clear they want to put the West Ham game behind them, as they thrash West Midlands outfit Birmingham City 3-1 at St. Andrews. MCFC Goals - Lucho Gonzalez x2; Robinho.

Manchester City 4-0 Birmingham City

Beat this side twice in 2 days, Goals from Robinho, Tevez, Forlan x2.

Manchester City 2-3 Blackburn Rovers.

Robbed in the final 3 minutes.

:mad: 1-1 at half time, 2-1 down in the 83rd minute, Tevez equalises on the 86th minute and robbed in the 87th minute. Pfft. MCFC Goals - Demichelis; Tevez. BRFC Goals - Ozil, Mertesacker 83rd, Jonathan Perreira 87th.

NEXT MATCH:

31_1229339837.jpg V 47_1190143104.gif

@ Goodison Park

KO: 20:00 GT

Tottenham V Bolton

201EEFEB-ACEC-1534-C28337AF851E240F.jpg V 2016F6E6-E41D-11AA-116C38DB93D156E1.jpg

It was to be a highly frustrating night for Tottenham Players and Fans as they drew 1-1 despite have the majority of the play.

It started with Tom Field's boys showing show clever passes and movement but they were often broken down by the Bolton defence who seemed to find a way of keeping the ball out of their goal.

Then on the 26th minute, after a Tottenham attack, Bolton broke out and with a clever pass David SUAZO was in on goal to slide past the stranded goalie.

This was heartbreak for Tottenham players as they had work hard to dominate possession.

However in the second half after improving their attacking, they were rewarded with a Ronaldinho goal in the 79th minute when he rounded the goalie to poke the ball in from 5 yards.

ronaldinho.jpg

Delighted with his goal, Ronaldinho.

dream on mate. Tottenham's youth team is better then yours.:)

Currently. you have more risers thanks to Toggs. :o

Dont worry, a special mention will go to Toggs in my speech after the thrashing of Spurs ;):D

Unlucky Monty. you lost 3-2 to my youth team when your youth team is basically tour full team aswell.

Imagine the result if i was to play my first team.:D

I dunno whether your doing it in a joking way.

But you seem very cocky.:rolleyes:

Unlucky Monty. you lost 3-2 to my youth team when your youth team is basically tour full team aswell.

Imagine the result if i was to play my first team.:D

Hardly my full team mate, considering only 3 of them have ever appeared for my first team... :rolleyes:

My team of relatively unknown players gave your young superstars a run for there money. I had Alexis Machuca and you had Muniesa. I had Ngama and you had Barkroth. Starting to see a pattern here.. :P

M/R's for both games will follow either tonight or tomorrow. :)

Leeds Bangin on the door or Auto.

3rd place, after a 2v2 draw with Gillingham, Buying Salifou of Hunty to Boost my Midfield Opsions. Im Looking at buying 3 Unamed playes, Should have accepted bids by tomoz/