J. Harper 10'

G. Goumas 16'

G. Hulk 52'

Venue: Cardiff City Stadium

Attendance: 21,903

Referee: Gary Lewis

0,,10306~3742678,00.jpg

(James Harper Celebrating His Goal)

Reading manager Daniel Johnasson has tasted defeat in his first game incharge. The Swede who was appointed as their manager on Friday had a small amount of time to prepare for this game. Cardiff City started brightly and on the 3rd minute, Brazillian striker Hulk dives in at the near post and he was denied by the woodwork. The first chance for Reading was on the 9th minute when defender André Bikey raced towards goal and he shooted the ball over the bar. One minute later, Reading scored. James Harper scored the goal. He loses his marker and thumps a low shot under Cardiff keeper David Marshall. Johansson was seen jumping in the air when Harper scored. A few minutes later, Cardiff City had a great chance to score when Joe Ledley finds himself in plenty of space as he rushes his shot into the arms of Adam Federci. Three minutes later, Cardiff equalised. Captain Giannis Goumas lead by example and scored after poor communication by the Reading defenders. On the 18th minutes, Cardiff City nearly made it 2-1 when Argentinan winger De Federico's header was inches over the bar. On the 37th minute, Reading nearly scored. Jay Tabb's header went inches wide. A minute later, Reading midfielder Marek Matejovsky wasted a great chance to score. Marek recieved recieves a lovely ball, but he shoots wide.

0,,10306~5295846,00.jpg

(Jay Tabb Disappointed After Missing A Great Chance To Score)

The first chance of the second half was by Reading. Striker Noel Hunt hits the ball hard with the outside of his boot, but puts it into row z. Four minutes later, Cardiff City made it 2-1 when Hulk thunders his shot into the net. Seven minutes later, Cardiff City nearly made it 2-1 after De Federico's wonderful strike was pushed away by Federci. A minute later, Di Vaio's shot hit the bar. A few moments later, Adam Federci was called in action and he made a wonderful fingertip save to deny Cardiff City a goal, if it went it, it would have been a well worked goal. Three minutes later, Federci makes a fine save. Reading's James Harper and Cardiff's Kevin McNaughton both had good chance to score, but their overhead kick went wide. On the 80th minuted, Reading's Stephen Hunt comes within inches of scoring, getting on the edge of a fine cross, glancing his free header just wide. On the 85th minute, Di Vaio hit the bar again and on the 89th minute Reading nearly scored. Shane Long hit the sidenetting. Johannson thought Long scored and started to celebrate untill his assistant told him it hit the side netting.

0,,10306~4844627,00.jpg

(A Good 2nd Half Performace By Federici Kept Reading In The Game)

2_front_small.gifCardiff City: Marshall, Quinn, McNaughton, Goumas©, Bruno China, Ledley, Kabore, Matic, Hulk, Di Vaio, De Federico.

Bench: Enckleman, Chenakov, Whittingham, Fleck, Orlando Sa

12_front_small.gifReading: Federici, Cisse, Bikey, Ingimarsson (Pearce 60'), Gunnarsson©, Matejovsky, Tabb (Karacan 60'), Harper, Kitson (Long 60'), N.Hunt, S.Hunt

Bench: Hamer, Pearce, Kebe, Karacan, Long

MOM = Goumas

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

;721074']In other news' date='

MK Dons Suck :)

Ain't that right, Monty? :P[/quote']

Reading beat MK Dons 4-2. :D

I was experimenting with different tactics and it seemed to work. B)

Also - Reading sign Shaqiri and some French guy (I forgot his name :o)

;722505']Reading beat MK Dons 4-2. :D

I was experimenting with different tactics and it seemed to work. B)

Also - Reading sign Shaqiri and some French guy (I forgot his name :o)

Dude' date=' look at the lineups. Talk about mismatch.. :rolleyes::P

Thats the excuse i'm sticking with anyway!

Quite surprised actually, seeing my 2nd team beat a very stong Charlton 2-0! :eek::D

It must just be my brilliance.. ;)

Mk Dons now find themselves in 7th place.

M/R to follow soon.

Dude' date=' look at the lineups. Talk about mismatch.. :rolleyes::P

Thats the excuse i'm sticking with anyway!

Quite surprised actually, seeing my 2nd team beat a very stong Charlton 2-0! :eek::D

It must just be my brilliance.. ;)

Mk Dons now find themselves in 7th place.

M/R to follow soon.

As i said before, I was experimenting with different tactics. B)

Just admit Monty, the better team won :P:)and admit that MK Dons sucks - nah im messing

You won Charlton because of pure luck.

That Roy Keane dude (Who got banned 101 times :rolleyes:) doesn't know what day is it plus he always mucks up.

Psst, Monty - MK Dons suck EC3951 wise and irl :P

;722528']As i said before' date=' I was experimenting with different tactics. B)

Just admit Monty, the better team won :P:)and admit that MK Dons sucks - nah im messing

You won Charlton because of pure luck.

That Roy Keane dude (Who got banned 101 times :rolleyes:) doesn't know what day is it plus he always mucks up.

Psst, Monty - MK Dons suck EC3951 wise and irl :P

Never! I'll sooner wear a Spurs shirt than admit that! :P

But you do have a good team. :)

Pure luck?! You wont be saying that when i'm beating you in Div.2 next season, because you sure as hell aint getting promoted! ;):D

Pure luck?! You wont be saying that when i'm beating you in Div.2 next season.

Next season, i'l be in div 1 and you will still be in div 3. :P

That's enough of me arguing.

I'm tired, so i'm off to bed after a bloody long day.

Look Ryan, I was only joking (I always have been - Just having a little bit of banter).

Your MK Dons are a great team apart from that scum (Ramsus) :mad: (Im a MFF fan)

Good luck in your promotion chace, im confident that you can get promoted. :)

So god natt :) (god natt = Goodnight in Swedish)

;722657']Next season' date=' i'l be in div 1 and you will still be in div 3. :P

That's enough of me arguing.

I'm tired, so i'm off to bed after a bloody long day.

Look Ryan, I was only joking (I always have been - Just having a little bit of banter).

Your MK Dons are a great team apart from that scum (Ramsus) :mad: (Im a MFF fan)

Good luck in our promotion chace, im confident that you can get promoted. :)

So god natt :) (god natt = Goodnight in Swedish)[/quote']

Lol. So was i Dan, hopefully we'll be playing against each other in Div.1 in two seasons. (That way i can get revenge for the 4-2 loss :P)

God natt, dont låt sängen buggar biter!

(I think thats how you say it) :D

(That way i can get revenge for the 4-2 loss :P)

It's only a friendly.

God natt' date=' dont låt sängen buggar biter! [/quote']

Good night, don't :confused: (Don't is not a word in Swedish) let bed bug (Buggar means a fault or defect in a system or machine - If you mean the insect then it's Skalbagge) bite.

I know what you mean Monty.

I had a peaceful sleep, no bed bugs bit me. :)

150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

Villa demolish Liverpool!

On Saturday night, Rhys Hunt faced his toughest test as manager of Aston Villa when his side faced giants Liverpool at Villa park. Liverpool who had players such as Messi, Gerrard, Torres and co who were favourites for the three points. Everyone was predicting an easy win for Liverpool but it was exactly the opposite with Aston Villa absolutely thumping 'pool.

2_1202957170.gif8-1 44_1201797906.gif

Even though there were 9 goals in the game the first goal came from Liverpool who only got one of those nine goals. Albert Riera put Liverpool 1-0 up with a well placed header on the 19th minute. Villa put on the pressure with Scholes going close. Then they equalised on the 30th minute when captan Jose Maria Guti smashes the ball home to make it 1-1. Then just one minute later Aston Villa took the lead when Jose Maria Guti bagged his second goal of the game. Villa's third goal then came another minute after Guti's second when John Carew tapped the ball into the net to make it 3 goals in 3 minutes for Hunt's Aston Villa. Villa kept up the pressure for the rest of the half and at half-time the score was Aston Villa 3-1 Liverpool.

The next goal came from Villa also with English wide-man James Milner slotting the ball home after a mix up in the Liverpool defense. Aston Villa's 5th goal came from Jose Maria Guti who bagged his hat-trick after a neat finish from the edge of the area. Villa were running riot and they made it 6-1 when Jose Maria Guti got his fourth goal of the game. Villa then scored their 7th goal of the game when John Carew capitalises to get his second of the game. Villa's 8th and final goal of the game came in the 88th minute when Gabby Agbonlahor struck from distance. At the full-time whistle the score was Aston Villa 8-1 Liverpool.

Rhys Hunt the Aston Villa manager spoke to SMTV after his sides thumping victory after the game: "I can't believe this has happened. The lads were amazing, its a great victory for us". When Hunt took over Villa they were sitting in 15th place in the Premier League and this amazing win now lifts them up 12th and Hunt is adamant they can still get a top four finish at the end of the season. Villa's next match is tonight in the English Shield Round 2 against Charlton Athletic where Hunt says they will field their second team.

aston-villa-zat-knight.jpg

Aston Villa celebrate at the full-time whistle

150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

Villa sign whizz-kid Delph!

010265683661700.jpg

Villa sign classy Delph

Aston Villa today have announced today that they have completed the signing of young English central-midfielder Fabian Delph from Leeds United. Aston Villa made a bid for the youngster a few days ago and Hunt said he was surprised it was accepted. The deal saw Delph joined for £1.2m plus Stephen O'Halloran and Moustapha Salifou. Hunt had this to say on the arrival of Delph: "He is a great player and I've kept an eye on him for a while. He certainly is one for the future!". Hunt has also said he may add one or two more signings to the squad at Villa Park but there wont be many more changes at the club.

Guest 1CapWonder

Fulham Fans Hail "Genius" Sutcliffe

Arsenal 1-1 Fulham

A.Song 40

G.Barnes 61

Fulham Fans travelling to Arsenal on Saturday, left The Emirates gobsmacked that their makeshift side came away with a point, in Elliot Sutcliffe's first game in charge. The appointment has already been touted as a masterstroke from pundits everywhere, and Sutcliffe's first involvement was certainly promising, as he drew 1-1 with Arsenal.

5694_216532185022_537140022_7829077_7020526_n.jpg

Sutcliffe had a wry smile leaving the ground on Saturday

A front 2 of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alex Pato were unable to utilise the fact that they were playing against a makeshift back 4 of Stoor - Hughes - Kallio - Konchesky. That, in a sense, says it all. Fulham were organised, they were compact, and they played with 2 banks of 4, Dacourt and Barnes occupying the Midfield. Arsenal fans expectant. Fulhams decline had seen them fall into financial crisis, trouble with injuries and only 13 Match Fit players in a squad of 22. Things seemed desperate and the press were only talking about how many Sutcliffe would lose by in his first game in charge. The answer? 0.

0,,10272~5281864,00.jpg

Kylan Hood was so confident he even brought on Wickham (16) with Arsenal 1-0 up.

The first half was Arsenals, no doubt. They had chance after chance. Mark Schwarzer playing out of his skin to keep Vela and Walcott at by, aswell as the Arsenal front pairing. He couldn't however, stop Alex Song, who on 40 minute's, smashed home inside the box to give Arsenal a deserved lead.

GD9290392@Alexandre-Song-of-Ars-3898.jpg

Song celebrates Arsenal's his goal

Fulham however, looked a different team after the break. Sutcliffe came down from his place in the stands to give what seems now an inspiring team-talk, before taking his place on the bench for the second half. Fulham kept the ball better, and started to create chances of their own. On 61 minute's, moments after Hood brought on 16 year old Connor Wickham for his debut, Giles Barnes had equalised after a brilliant through ball had split the Arsenal backline. A neat finish meant Fulham could now sit back for half an hour, and protect a vital point. Schwarzer pulled off 2 more fine saves to make sure the draw was safe and assured Fulham with an astonishing point, and a major upset. On the same night Villa won 8-1, Sutcliffe must have felt it was his lucky day, but he will need to produce a different kind of performance tonight, against Nick Justice's Palace, if he is to continue to be loved at Fulham for the time being. He, however, thinks otherwise.

G.Barnes.jpg

Barnes was the hero, with his equalising goal

Sutcliffe Says:

I am not going to dwell on Arsenal, and I am not going to dwell on Palace. Whatever happens tonight, means nothing to me. Of course we want to win, but we are in no position to do so. We do not have enough players to deal with so many games in such a short amount of time. We are going to struggle, tonight and on Wednesday. I am going to prepare for Saturday before I do anything else. For me, my season begins there in charge of Fulham. It may be a crazy thing to announce, but the next 2 games do not bother me, should we win or lose.

In Other News

- Dempsey Signs For Marseille In Deal Worth 7.6m

Reading win 2-0 against Bristol Rovers in the English Shield.

Reading played their reserve team and dominated the game.

Goals were scored by Karacan & Shaqiri.

Reading will face Everton in the next round.

Reading's next game is against another team from Bristol. (Sean's Bristol City)

In other news, MK Dons suck......................and so do Bristol City :-P

;723672']Reading win 2-0 against Bristol Rovers in the English Shield.

Reading played their reserve team and dominated the game.

Goals were scored by Karacan & Shaqiri.

Reading will face Everton in the next round.

Reading's next game is against another team from Bristol. (Sean's Bristol City)

In other news' date=' MK Dons suck......................and so do Bristol City :-P[/color']

I read the white:rolleyes::P

READING SUCK EVEN MORE LOL!!

Derby County draw with Preston North End 3-3.

Derby go through 3-2 on penalties.

Simon Le Toux scored 2, and is staking his place in the first team. Just wait until Derby can sell on the older players signed by the last manager. This should give the new gaffer plenty of money. Also needed by Dermot O' Brien are some loan signings.

Thanks should be given to Wolves for the loan signing of the young Irishman James McCarthy.

Sheffield Wendesday reserves lose on penalties after an enteratining 1-1 draw at runaway leaders Nottingham Forest

im delighted with that tbh we played well and got knocked out which is brilliant as my squads streched as it is the last thing i need is a cup run

Decided to Leave Palace' date=' And Take Up More of a Challange at Rochdale in div 4 lol Palace I just Gave up on lol[/quote']

Palace, Which I Now Have On Offer. I Will Be Sticking With The Swans Though. :D

5-0 With The 3rd Team Tonight. :P

Racked up a 6-0 win over Gillingham,

Dan arent you eating your words already.. ;):P

I should have enough time later to do an M/R, if your all lucky enough! :D

66_1202947790.gif

nathan_delfouneso.jpg

Nathan Delfouneso In Rochdale Loan Switch

Today Ex-Crystal Palace Boss Was Announced as the New Manager of Sruggleing Division 4 Side Rochdale!, He Immediatly Made hsi first signing in Nathan Delfouneso the 18 year Old Striker Makes a Loan Switch from Premier League Giants Aston Villa! Justice Said on his New Club " My Desire just wasnt there for Crystal Palace!, I am Relsihing the challange with Rochdale and Trying to Work our way up the Divison 4 Table, Which will be a tough task to do. But I believe I have the funds To Bring in Maybe 1 Good or maybe 2 or 3 Decent players to Rochdale!"

I read the white:rolleyes::P

READING SUCK EVEN MORE LOL!!

We'll see on Wednesday' date=' Sean.

Btw, i was messing.

Dan arent you eating your words already.. ;):P

No, I'm not.

So what if you scored 6 goals against a **** team

Didn't you played your strongest team? :P

Btw, i was only messing. I got bored a typed it for no apparent reason. :o

IMO you still suck - Nah i'm messing

66_1202947790.gif

heathm20090408094358.jpg

Rochdale Get Themselves Another Loan in Gooners Youngstar!

Rochdale Have Made their 2nd Loan signing since Nick Justice took charge Earlier Today and this time its Arsenal 16 year old Connor Wickham. This is after they made their First Just Moments ago in Nathan Delfouneso, Rumours also suggest that Connor Wickham could be joined at his new club by Team mate Jack Whilshere. Jack Whilshere has been seen at Rochdale's ground Today and may sign a Season Long loan deal with Rochdale Today!, We'll keep you posted and up to date on all the on goings at Rochdale over the next few Days, As New Manager and a New Era Under former Palace Mannager Nick Justice