Sign in to follow this  
Torres+Gerrard

English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

BLACKPOOL TO UNDERGO INTENSE MAKEOVER - TOM G

NEW MAN WANTS BIG CHANGES - QUICK

After taking his first trainign session today, Tom has spoken about his dreams and hopes for Blackpool FC, and he has made it clear that he doesnt want the club to be most known as a place where you go for the attractions and non - footballing entertainment - but a place where teams hate going and rarely gain points.

"We must be stronger," "We are a very capable football team that must be confident," "It looked very depleated when I first joiend, but I knew that i could turn into around into a world beating force," "With a few tactical changes, player changes, etc, we'll be fine,"

Tom says he is in the market for 3 new loan signings, and admits failing in a bid for bring Carlos Vela to Bloomfield. "Carlos was a player we wanted, but it never materialised," "I am here to use my experience, and get this club in the top division, competiting for the top prizes,"

I've got a friendly with you on Dec 6th' date=' want another friendly, maybe 31st Dec?[/quote']

Yer shure :) want as many mathes as i an get , keeps me intrested :)

O'CONNOR TO JOIN BLACKPOOL FROM BARCELONA

Blackpool have had their offer for Gary O'Connor from Barcelona accepted. The deal consists of Lee Hughes, and Brett Omerod leaving the club, plus 750k.

The club have also confirmed they will keep 'tight lipped' over the rumours that Danny Welbeck, Federico Macheda, and David N'Gog are loan targets.

EDIT: Sheffield Utd in D2 available!

my first match is against coventry city . :)

That will be my team, have already done the match preview on the game, will repost, just need to find it,

Brought in Edwards and Soriano before the game, and another forward is to join tommorow in a p/e deal with Leon Mckenzie + Cash,

Good Luck :)

coca-cola-championship.jpg

leicester%20city%20badge.pngCoventry-City-256x256.png

Leicester City V Coventry City

Stadium: Walkers Stadium

Capacity: 32,500

PREVIEW

Leicester City

Have brought in a lot of youth in pre-season, but have failed to bring in some real quality. The only one of their four summer signings pushing for a place in the team is young Russian left-back Georgi Schennikov.

Their whole team as a element of youth in it, with the only player in their squad over the age of 23, is the transfer listed 39-year old Sergio Bernal. This could be a major factor in the game, with Leicester having no leadship in their squad, with an obsession of youth in the squad with no mix of experience.

They have got plenty of numbers in their squad, with a total of 53 players in all, with a youth team containing 28 of them. But if they want to achieve the success that the squad deserves, they might have to cut down their squad and get some more quality into the side.

They do have some real talent in the side though, with the likes of Zoran Tosic, Keisuke Honda and Davide Santon looking to start V Coventry. And some quantity of the quality they do have. They have the basis to have a good fight in division 1, and are likely to finish right at the top end of the table.

Coventry City

Coventry's new boss, has brought in 3 players since joining just a couple of days ago, and with another 2 players to be brought into the squad before the start of the game. He's brought in some real quality with the funds he's been given, with Giovanni Espinoza and Valon Behrami joining the side.

Coventry's squad has a mix of both youth and experience, with young players such as Jordan Henderson at the club, along with older players such as Andy Marshall and Marcus Hall.

Coventry have needed to bring in players on loan, to give more depth to the squad, signing Cohen, Douglas and Tomecav on-loan. They are trying to bring in more and more players to the club, but don't have the money that divison 1 clubs might have to do it, so can't afford to spend all their money on 1 or 2 signings.

Their is a few players that are wanted by other clubs at Coventry. With Forest interested in goalkeeper Kieran Westwood, midfielders Aron Gunnarson, Jordan Henderson and Valon Behrami and defenders Danny Fox and Elliot Ward. With Behrami also wanted by Leicester and Henderson also wanted by Newcastle. Showing the interest on some of the younger players they have, the signing of Giovanni Espinoza will bring a lot of experience to the team aswell. They've been predicted to finish in the bottom 3, but under the management of Aidan Radford they should avoid relegation.

Leicester Likely Line-Up:

Bernal

Santon Badstuber Hermach Insua

Mounier Goulon Vorsah Tosic

F.Coentrao Pastore

Coventry Likely Line-Up:

Westwood

Ward Espinoza Fox

Gunnarson

Behrami Miller Doyle Bell

Prudnikov Suarez

Pre Match Interview:

Aidan Radford - Coventry City Manager

That will be my team' date=' have already done the match preview on the game, will repost, just need to find it,

Brought in Edwards and Soriano before the game, and another forward is to join tommorow in a p/e deal with Leon Mckenzie + Cash,

Good Luck :)[/quote']

yeah , i've read it . nice one though . ;)

Sheffield Wednesday vs Norwich City

brandao.jpg

Will Brandao be the difference between the sides?

Last season Sheffield Wednesday exceeded all expectations and managed to finish 5th place and Wednesday fans are wondering whether the same can be achieved this season,the season starts with a home tie to recently promoted Norwich City and although most pundits and other people alike are backing for Wednesday the players and manager espically are wary of the recently promoted side, when questioned the wendesday gaffer Andrew Clifford said "Its a game everyone is expecting us to win but we should take into account how good our opponents are,Norwich came 2nd last year and one of the best managers in the setup in Boaz Solossa and have some good players such as Mannini and Andre Santos,however i am confident we can win as i am with every game and i feel our playoff dissapointment from last season can spur us on this season" when questioned Clifford also said that he is delighted with the pre season signings of Tony Mcmahon,Andrew Taylor,Vladimir Koman,Stefano Guberti,Scott Dann and Martyn Waghorn saying the following "They add depth to the squad and all our quality player and will be rising in the upcoming changes as well so i am delighted to have signed them all"

Nottingham echo sports news nottingham_forest_fc-150x150.jpg

football

Nottingham Forest have annouched the signings of six new youth players all to be added to there growing youth squad.Brian Kidd the youth development manager said"l am delighted to have secured the signing of the six players that we brought into the club today.all six players where identified of having the right mentality and potental to be be future stars,and they will all be make avaible for loan to aid there future progress".

The Echo have Tomorrows team for the game against Sheffield United.

GK-Loach

RB-Halford

CB-Collins

CB-Cahill

LB-Jose enrique

RM-Dempsey

CM-Zokora

CM-Ze de roberto(captain)

LM-Mc culloch

FW-Carew

FW-Saviola

Subs from

Earnshaw

Buzasky

Petrov

Sidwell

Ambrose

Ze De Roberto pictured playing for Brazil ,is expected to be a key player down at the City ground this season.he has been in impressive form with Brazil with 8 goals in 8 games and the forest fans should be in for a treat.

Ze-Roberto-2557.jpg

Forest fans will also be seeing Saviola play for his first competive match and in partnership with Carew the Forest fans will be expecting a great deal of goals between this experienced pairing.

art.saviola.gi.jpg

The forest manager has be quoted as saying he believes he has the right squad with the blend of experience and skill and expects a positive start to the season.pictured below Avram Grant

24395_news.jpg

What ever Forest finishing position in div 2 the Forest fan should expect a good show from Forest and we all at the Echo with the team good luck for the opening game Tomorrow against a strong Sheffield United side.

2rqg96p.jpg

2nh4090.pngrvca4p.jpg2my1dvp.png

PETERBOROUGH VS BRISTOL CITY

MATCH PREvIEW

peterborough kick off there new campaign away to bristol city both clubs go into the new season hopeful of reaching the play offs.

peterborough have recruited 4 new players in pre season on the hope that it will steer them clear of mid table mediocrity and try and push for promotion

we spoke to mathew in the press confernece this morning

HUMPHRIES/-we know what bristol city are capable of they recruited a couple of players and theres no doubt they are stronger but we know there weakness's and we will try and exploit that.

2rqg96p.jpg

2nh4090.pngrvca4p.jpg2my1dvp.png

PETERBOROUGH VS BRISTOL CITY

MATCH PREvIEW

peterborough kick off there new campaign away to bristol city both clubs go into the new season hopeful of reaching the play offs.

peterborough have recruited 4 new players in pre season on the hope that it will steer them clear of mid table mediocrity and try and push for promotion

we spoke to mathew in the press confernece this morning

HUMPHRIES/-we know what bristol rovers are capable of they recruited a couple of players and theres no doubt they are stronger but we know there weakness's and we will try and exploit that.

hmmmmm ? :o

66_1202947790.gif

6 players set to join Rochdale on this cold Friday night

The new Rochdale manager Jim Randall has tonight come out and announced to SM TV that 6 players are set to join Rochdale after bids from England and the rest of the world was accepted. Bryan Salazar, Luis Cabezas, Frankie Artus, Josh Lillis, Sam Slocombe and Jack Colback are all set to join Rochdale very soon after bids were accepted in the last hour for all the players. Rochdale kick off their Division 4 campain tommorow night against Bradford City away in hope that all new 6 signings are all fit and could take part in the game tommorow.

30558_1212945292.jpg29343_1209755861.jpg18883_1217241026.jpg38623_1252344731.jpg

These are the following players that have been spotted at Spotland tonight.

2rqg96p.jpg

b6aseg.jpg

rvca4p.jpg

33f84k1.jpg

peterborugh have in the last few minutes confirmed that they have secured the loan signing of Mario GAVRANOVIC he will be a first team player and is expected to complete the deal in time for the first game of the season.

we caught up with humphries just a few moments ago

Im very pleased to have Mario GAVRANOVIC on board he will give us another option upfront hes real quality and im sure he will fit just perfectly into our team.

280_front_small.png31_1229339837.jpg322_front_small.png

Everton will be strongly tested at home in the season opener against West Ham. Manager Scott stated he wouldn't be surprised if the team loses the opener.

Manager

Scott

You media persons are really handful and I have come under strong criticism for saying I would not be surprise If my team loses. I have been hearing that I am not confident in the players I have at my disposal. This is the total opposite as I have full confidence in the players here but the system I am implementing is going to take some time to get use to and to get the players chemistry to all gel. The more quickly things come together we will get our results.
large_jerry-reese-new-york-giants-805.jpg

(Manager Scott quickly explaining his earlier comments)

KICK OFF TOMORROW :eek:

Perhaps could have done a bit more in this one' date=' anyone got any 82+ outfield (cbs esp) players i can nick for a bit?[/center']

the new season caught me out as well as i thought there was another week left yet,hopefully should be making a final signing and then selling wood esajas and mcallister.