Sign in to follow this  
Torres+Gerrard

English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

0,,12555~4672801,00.gif

Derby_county_badge.pngv's badge-barnsley-fc.png

The new season is finally with us, there are high expectations around every club in the country from Arsenal (Division 1) all the way down to Cheltenham Town (Division 4). After a busy summer down at Barnsley where they have employed a new manager and brought in four new players, comes there first game of the new season away to Derby County. All of Barnsley's summer signings are expected to make there debut, whether starting or coming of the bench. Barnsley's squad for tonights game is as follows:

GK's - Coupet, Dida

Defender's - Wilson, Clement, Rool, Wheater, Ayala

Midfielder's - A.Silva, Diao, Taarabt, Hammill, Brocchi, Emerton

Forward's - Crespo, Sanogo, Luyindula

Good luck to all fellow EC 3951 managers for the new season

Division 1 - Predictions

1st Arsenal

arsenal.gif

I belive that Arsenal will finish 1st due to their experinced manager and players. Kylan has added some great signings including Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC and Alexandre PATO since he has been there and has formed the best stikeforce in the top divison. The squad also has good depth and should be able to make it all the way this time.

2nd Chelsea

Chelsea_Logo_Web.jpg

However poor they were last seaosn by not finishing in the top 10 they have still got a great squad of players who if worked together could form a title challenge. Not only have they got a great squad of players but they have also added some new signings like Xavi and Gallas to the squad to boost depth and experience. However I think only 2nd for them as they have an inexpericned manager who may get tatics wrong on occasions.

3rd Aston Villa

121803371620.gif

Aston Villa were quite last season finishing within the top 8 however never having a title challenge unlike rivals Arsenal or Tottenham. Since the impressive top 8 finish they have boosted their squad with some great youngsters who look to be the bees knees. Along with an great manager i feel that they have a chance to get in the top 4. The squad is only let down by the lack of players.

4th Tottenham

tottenham%20badge2.gif

Strong squad of players along with the recent arrival of AMAURI, Carvalha they will be able to push foward thsi season unilke the end of last seaso when they fall apart 7 games from the end at 4th postion.

5th Man Utd

man%20utd%20badge2.gif

Title challengers last seaosn however i am unsure on the managers dealings and with the best squad players lacking they may be forced to settle for 5th place. Good depth to help them through suspentions and injuries though.

6th Blackburn

blackburn%20badge2.gif

The reiging champions Blackburn have been busy this winter making use of all their unexpected prize money from winning the divison last time round. However i feel that they may have gone over board and spent too much on so little players that they have weakened their squad in depth and this could be a fratile expeosed once the season gets underway. However with Drag at the helm, he will be able to guide them to a respectable 6th place.

7th Liverpool

liverpool%20badge2.gif

Liverpool have a great lot of players at their desposial and i was sprised to see them suprised struggle last time round. I dont see this any different this time round too as the manager is yet to find the winning formulae for this team. When he does it will be a different situation.....

8th West Ham

1217496848106.gif

After the highs of the start of last season, West Ham stuggled to bring the league home to London and fell apart finishing an undeserved 6th. The team has not progressed as much as rival teams have this winter and they may be caught out by finishing lower then some of them. Still in the top 10 though which is impressive for them.

9th Man City

man%20city%20badge2.gif

After suprising flirting with relegation last time, the chairman has since got his chque book out and let MAKE BELIEVE invest in the best players around including Kaka and Ronaldo. With the best Starting XI in the league you may wonder why i have picked them to finish a poor 9th position. well its becuase with a lack of depth in the squad (only 22 players) they will strugle the most if they get players suspened or injured. If that happens then they will not be able to cop and will drop alot.

10th Newcastle

newcastle%20badge2.gif

Last seasons big boys in Div 2 are no mess on their day and with Misun at the helm i cannot see why they cant push for a top 10 position. They have a good squad with excellent depth and with a bit of luck they will be in top 10 which will come as relive to some fans who think that as they got promoted they will be in or around the relegation zone.

11th Portsmouth

Portsmouth impressed everyone last time round finishing 3rd without any stand out stars in the team. This was the case as the team were tight with good morale. Howevert this season i feel that there bubble may burst and even with new arrivals ALBIOL, Raúl and Joe Cole i cannot seem them being in the top 10 and finishing mid table where they reliastically should be.

12th Fulham

Another midtable finish on the way for Fulham? I feel that with a similar sytle squad to last season and one of the best managers around in prateek jain fulham can expect to be another midtbale club not ready to make the break for the top 8 yet.

13th Stoke

Having had a relegation scare last season the chairman has decided to bring in experinced maanger Sean to the helm where he has alreday made an impact to the team with some great youngsters and rasing the teams morale. expect a safer ride for stoke fans this time round.

14th Bolton

It looks as if it may be another ordinary year for Bolton as, with very little transfer activity and little activity at the club i think Bolton will again be in the bottom half of the table but enough distance from the relegation zone to be able to rest a little.

15th Everton

Although a handy 52 points last year and a 11th position i feel that Everton are more likely to struggle this season. With limited players and an ageing team they had better watch out not to be dragged down to the bottom of the league.

16th Hull

Some good players in the squad, however they lack enough quality throughtout the team to merit a top 10 finish and will flirting with several team above the zone. Needs to sign more good younsters and not rely on the ageing stars like Nuno Gomes.

17th Burnley

Having had a relegation scare last season the team is in need of a good amanger having had Gavin Kelly leave for West Ham. With a limited amount of stars in their squad dont be suprised to se them in the relegation zone occasionally through the season. Although i think with the extra experience of this league they will be able to survive......just.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

18th Preston

A wonderful campaign last season ended their run in getting promotion to Divison 1. However they shouldnt expect such an easy rise thsi time round and will be in the relegation zone most of the seaosn unlike divison 2 promotion rivals Newcastle who have that extra to be able to survive.

19th Wolves

Having just survived relegation last season i think their luck may run out this season and with the new manager deciding to keep the same squad i cant see how they could survive this time with rivals like Stoke improving their team.

20th Ipswich

4-ipswich-town-685.gif

Luckly to gain promotion despite being the weakest of all play-off teams, there is very little hope for them in this league with clubs always improving.

Division 2 to follow

Division 2 - Predictions

1st Wigan

wiganathletic.png

Last seasons whipping boys have recruited experienced manager Callum Chewett as the boss and hope that he can guid them back to the division 1. And to my opinion he has started very well and despite not seing them play yet i am sure that with squad players such as HIGUAIN, Gonzalo, IRELAND, Stephen and AKINFEEV, Igor onboard they will be up at the top of the division come next summer.

2nd Sunderland

sunderland.gif

However unlucky they were last season, sunderland will be able to start fresh this time and with weaker oppostition you cant bet against them going up to division 1 with such players as Diego MILITO and Defoe upfront.

3rd Middlesbrough

boro.gif

Middlesbrough were one of last seasons great players in Divison 2 with some great football and results coming there way. However last season was ended with tears as they finished outside the top 2 and were unable to win the play-offs. Will this time be different? I doubt it. With a good squad but with Wigan and Sundertland coming down from Div 1 with better players you cant but help feel that they will once agian be disapointed with 3rd.

4th Birmingham

brum.gif

Phillip has joined with Birmingham and has made a few class signings that will really help them throughout the season. however you get the feeling that they are not in quite the same league as their closest rivals and may only be able to get a play-off position.

5th Sheffield Wednesday

4-sheffield-wednesday-719.gif

5th last time, 5th this time. Added some good signings this winter although with limited funds they will struggle to push foward depsite having world recognised manager Andrew Clifford.

6th Reading

Reading.gif

Reading had a quite last seaosn and with new signings GIOVINCO, Sebastian and Reyes I can see them pushing onwards and towards promotion. Even so i think that the play-off will be too much for them to win.

7th Swansea

swansea.gif

With Romano in charge (who knows if boy or girl) :D and some rising youngsters i cannot see why Swansea can continue their dream that helped them finish 7th last season and be with the likes of Sheff Wed and Birmingham. Although i feel that they will be picked at the post by rivals Reading.

8th West Brom

west_brom.gif

Some great new signings from the manager has made the team look even better for its money. However with a very inexperienced manager incharge you have to think that they wont always make the right decison as this could prove costly in such a tight league.

9th Leicester City

LeicesterCity.JPG

The unknown manager and chairman of Leicester City have suprised alot of people with some outstanding performances last season and a well deserved 10th position. With a great backline and some rising youngster i think that they will be able to go the extra mile and make a push for the play-off positions with 9th position.

10th Cardiff City

4-cardiff-city-691.gif

Unlucky losers to Ipswich in the final of the play-off you get the feeling that their morale will have dented by it and with some unfamilar faces in the squad they have very little chance to push for promotion this season and will get beaten by bitter rivals Swansea.

11th Doncaster Rovers

With Dai as manager and some rising youngsters with the team you can expect doncaster to improve on last seaosns finish and be more mid-table.

12th Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest made it look easy last season, winning with several games spare as they coasted to be champions in Div 3. This season expect them to impress with a great squad compared to last season strugglers in this league.

13th Norwich City

With one of the best young squads around and the experienced amanger Boaz you can expect Norwich to impress and i cant see why they wont stay in the league with several games spare.

14th Peterborough United

Having done better then anyone would have thought last seaosn they have now recuited mat in charge and he has made some impressive signings to boost the squad. However they will need a bit of luck from last season to see them finish as highly as last season.

15th Sheffield United

Last seaosn was very inimpressive for Sheff United how were expected to be in the top rather then fight to stay in the league. Expect similar this season although they look more impressive then rivals and may be able to do better then last seasons poor 16th.

16th Queens Park Rangers

Last seaoan they finished a reasonable 11th place with limited players and with added numbers they should improve. Problem for them is that with very little depth in this league i can see them stuggling and may be in a relegation battle for the majority of the season.

17th Watford

Without a manager it is hard to predict where they will finish however if an experinced manager can get involved with the club and make their mark on the club then you can expect the hornets to survive another seaosn in div 1 as they have some impressive players who will be able to make the difference between relegation and safety.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

18th Coventry City

Lucky to survive last itme round this seaosn expects to be another struggle. However they have increased their chance of staying safe with Aidan Radford coming in to replace the caretaker as manager. I doubt though he can keep them affloat though as he has alot of work on his hands to make a squad capable.

19th Millwall

Newcomers to the league had better not expect as easy ride as Norwich and Nottingham Forest as they lack quality in every area to be able to push for survival at this level.

20th Bristol City

With a weak foward you really cant expect too much from this team and it showed last season with one of the worst goal differnces in the league. Even though thay have drafted in Patrice Evra (ASH) you still wonder how they will compete with the likes of Sheffield United and QPR to survive.

Division 1 - Predictions

1st Arsenal

arsenal.gif

I belive that Arsenal will finish 1st due to their experinced manager and players. Kylan has added some great signings including Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC and Alexandre PATO since he has been there and has formed the best stikeforce in the top divison. The squad also has good depth and should be able to make it all the way this time.

2nd Chelsea

Chelsea_Logo_Web.jpg

However poor they were last seaosn by not finishing in the top 10 they have still got a great squad of players who if worked together could form a title challenge. Not only have they got a great squad of players but they have also added some new signings like Xavi and Gallas to the squad to boost depth and experience. However I think only 2nd for them as they have an inexpericned manager who may get tatics wrong on occasions.

3rd Aston Villa

121803371620.gif

Aston Villa were quite last season finishing within the top 8 however never having a title challenge unlike rivals Arsenal or Tottenham. Since the impressive top 8 finish they have boosted their squad with some great youngsters who look to be the bees knees. Along with an great manager i feel that they have a chance to get in the top 4. The squad is only let down by the lack of players.

4th Tottenham

tottenham%20badge2.gif

Strong squad of players along with the recent arrival of AMAURI' date=' Carvalha they will be able to push foward thsi season unilke the end of last seaso when they fall apart 7 games from the end at 4th postion.

[b']5th Man Utd[/b]

man%20utd%20badge2.gif

Title challengers last seaosn however i am unsure on the managers dealings and with the best squad players lacking they may be forced to settle for 5th place. Good depth to help them through suspentions and injuries though.

6th Blackburn

blackburn%20badge2.gif

The reiging champions Blackburn have been busy this winter making use of all their unexpected prize money from winning the divison last time round. However i feel that they may have gone over board and spent too much on so little players that they have weakened their squad in depth and this could be a fratile expeosed once the season gets underway. However with Drag at the helm, he will be able to guide them to a respectable 6th place.

7th Liverpool

liverpool%20badge2.gif

Liverpool have a great lot of players at their desposial and i was sprised to see them suprised struggle last time round. I dont see this any different this time round too as the manager is yet to find the winning formulae for this team. When he does it will be a different situation.....

8th West Ham

1217496848106.gif

After the highs of the start of last season, West Ham stuggled to bring the league home to London and fell apart finishing an undeserved 6th. The team has not progressed as much as rival teams have this winter and they may be caught out by finishing lower then some of them. Still in the top 10 though which is impressive for them.

9th Man City

man%20city%20badge2.gif

After suprising flirting with relegation last time, the chairman has since got his chque book out and let MAKE BELIEVE invest in the best players around including Kaka and Ronaldo. With the best Starting XI in the league you may wonder why i have picked them to finish a poor 9th position. well its becuase with a lack of depth in the squad (only 22 players) they will strugle the most if they get players suspened or injured. If that happens then they will not be able to cop and will drop alot.

10th Newcastle

newcastle%20badge2.gif

Last seasons big boys in Div 2 are no mess on their day and with Misun at the helm i cannot see why they cant push for a top 10 position. They have a good squad with excellent depth and with a bit of luck they will be in top 10 which will come as relive to some fans who think that as they got promoted they will be in or around the relegation zone.

11th Portsmouth

Portsmouth impressed everyone last time round finishing 3rd without any stand out stars in the team. This was the case as the team were tight with good morale. Howevert this season i feel that there bubble may burst and even with new arrivals ALBIOL, Raúl and Joe Cole i cannot seem them being in the top 10 and finishing mid table where they reliastically should be.

12th Fulham

Another midtable finish on the way for Fulham? I feel that with a similar sytle squad to last season and one of the best managers around in prateek jain fulham can expect to be another midtbale club not ready to make the break for the top 8 yet.

13th Stoke

Having had a relegation scare last season the chairman has decided to bring in experinced maanger Sean to the helm where he has alreday made an impact to the team with some great youngsters and rasing the teams morale. expect a safer ride for stoke fans this time round.

14th Bolton

It looks as if it may be another ordinary year for Bolton as, with very little transfer activity and little activity at the club i think Bolton will again be in the bottom half of the table but enough distance from the relegation zone to be able to rest a little.

15th Everton

Although a handy 52 points last year and a 11th position i feel that Everton are more likely to struggle this season. With limited players and an ageing team they had better watch out not to be dragged down to the bottom of the league.

16th Hull

Some good players in the squad, however they lack enough quality throughtout the team to merit a top 10 finish and will flirting with several team above the zone. Needs to sign more good younsters and not rely on the ageing stars like Nuno Gomes.

17th Burnley

Having had a relegation scare last season the team is in need of a good amanger having had Gavin Kelly leave for West Ham. With a limited amount of stars in their squad dont be suprised to se them in the relegation zone occasionally through the season. Although i think with the extra experience of this league they will be able to survive......just.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

18th Preston

A wonderful campaign last season ended their run in getting promotion to Divison 1. However they shouldnt expect such an easy rise thsi time round and will be in the relegation zone most of the seaosn unlike divison 2 promotion rivals Newcastle who have that extra to be able to survive.

19th Wolves

Having just survived relegation last season i think their luck may run out this season and with the new manager deciding to keep the same squad i cant see how they could survive this time with rivals like Stoke improving their team.

20th Ipswich

4-ipswich-town-685.gif

Luckly to gain promotion despite being the weakest of all play-off teams, there is very little hope for them in this league with clubs always improving.

Division 2 to follow

btw burnley have a manager

Predictions - Season 2 - Turn 1

Divison 1

Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United

Man. City have a lot of quality, but are now lacking in depth. They should get off to a good start though, but will find it much harder to get results as the season goes on. It's the opposite for Newcastle, so much depth in the squad with a total 136 players in their squad, they don't have the quality that Man City do though, Man. City should win.

Everton 1 - 2 West Ham United

Everton have a lot of quality in their squad, as do West Ham. West Ham have more match-winners though, with the likes of Ribery and Diego Capel at the club, and I think they have enough quality to get the win.

Hull City 0 - 4 Liverpool

Hull have one one of the the weakest squads in the divison, they dont have much depth in the quality that they have and will be in the dogfight at the bottom to stay in the divison. Liverpool have one of the strongest squads in the divison, Gerrard is doubtfull and Arbeloa is out for the game, but Liverpool have plenty of quality, and this should be a walk in the park for the Reds.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 Chelsea

Blackburn had a great season last year, and won the league, and they've continued bringing in talent, signing Nico Kranjcar, Michael Dawson and Valeri Bojinov. Chelsea have a great squad though, and will really trouble Blackburn, but their is a big difference in the quality in the managers. I think Blackburn may snatch a point in this one.

Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Tottenham have a superb squad, and have managed to improve on their squad by signing Capdevilla for £5.5 + Bale. They've got a lot of depth in their squad aswell, and are one of the better sides in the divison. Bolton have got a good squad, but Bolton's quality are coming towards the end of their careers, I think it could be won in the last 15-20 minutes. Bolton are also without Van Bommel and Govou, so Tottenham to win it.

Aston Villa 3 - 0 Stoke City

Villa don't have much depth in their squad, but they do have a lot of quality in their squad. Jose Angel Crespo is injured, but he was unlikely to play anyway. Stoke have plenty of numbers, but Villa's quality is likely to win it, with Stoke failing to have any match-winners. Villa to win it.

Portsmouth 1 - 0 Preston North End

Portsmouth have a squad of real quality, with the likes of Cole and Albiol at the club. They do have one or two talented youngsters aswell, and are likely to get a mid-table finish. Preston have brought in players towards the end of their careers, and with no quantity in quality. Marco Borrielo is suspended, with Wellington now likely to play. Portsmouth win.

Manchester United 5 - 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Manchester United are always likely to win when they play at home, they've got a great side, cutting down on the squad size, but improving on the quality of the squad. Wolves are currently unmanaged, and despite having some good players, they dont really stand a chance. Easy Manchester United win.

Arsenal 5 - 0 Ipswich Town

Arsenal should easily win the game, they've got some of the world's brightest talents and some really quality upfront with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Ipswich have a squad a lot older than Arsenal's, Luciano Civelli is also out with an injury. Arsenal to win.

Burnley 2 - 2 Fulham

Burnley have a lot of quality, with the likes of Chamakh and Jovetic, and those two could be the key to Burnley this season. Fulham also have a lot of quality, especially in attack, aswell as some very good young players. I predict a draw, with the sides quiet evenly matched.

Divison 2

Sunderland 2 - 0 Reading

Sunderland have a lot of quality in their squad, and are one of the favourites to win the divison. They've extended to the quality of their side in the summer, with the signing of Dejan Stankovic and have a full fit squad for the season opener. Reading have also got a very good squad, Readings is a much younger squad and is looking like a superb squad in the future, but on the night I think it'll be a Sunderland win.

Wigan Athletic 3 - 0 Millwall

Wigan have an excellent young side, plenty of quality in both attack and defence, and are favourites to win the league. Millwall have got a good side, but not up to the quality of Wigans. Easy Wigan win.

Sheffield United 1 - 1 Nottingham Forest

Sheffield United have an excellent side, this should improve on the whole in the Champinship rating changes. They haven't got much depth though, but in the early part of the season that wont matter too much. Forest also have a very good side, with a good mix of youth and experience, Forest have a much bigger squad then Sheffield United aswell. I predict a draw, but more of a point gained then two points dropped for Sheffield United.

West Bromwich Albion 1 - 0 Doncaster Rovers

West Brom have one of the strongest sides in the divison, plenty of depth in quality aswell. A couple of the WBA starters will rise in the next few days aswell. They're strength is at the back, but they've got plenty of talent going forward aswell with the likes of Shaun Wright Phillips and Kevin Davies. Doncaster also have a lot of quality, but not throughout the side, with very though wingers and full-backs in the side. West Brom to knick the win.

Leicester City 2 - 1 Coventry City

Leicester have plenty of numbers, but no real quality in the side. Their a very young side, but slightly obsessive about they're youth, with the only player over 23, is 37 year old goalkeeper Sergio Bernal, who has been transfer listed. Coventry have managed to extend they're budget as much as they can, bringing in some real quality in Giovanni Espinoza and Valon Behrami, and have managed to bring in 3 loan signings to extend the size of the squad. They're isn't enough experience in the side though, with only a few players over the age of 30. Leicester to edge it.

Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 0 Norwich City

Wednesday have a lot of needed experience, aswell as some youth in the likes of Tommy Spurr. They've also managed to sign Eden Hazard on-loan, who will be key to them this season. Norwich have got plenty of numbers, and a lot of young players. They do have limited quality and experience though. Sheffield Wednesday to win comfortably.

Watford 1 - 2 Cardiff City

Watford have got plenty of quality, with the likes of Eider Gudjohnson, John O'Shea and Ben Foster, but in a tight league like divison 2, an unmanaged club will usually get beat on the tactical side of things. No real quality for Cardiff, but plenty of numbers who are all capable at this level. Cardiff have a great manager, in Dan Griffin, and should get their tactics right. Cardiff to edge the away win.

Most Build Up - Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Swansea City - Most Build Up

Middlesborough have a very good team, with plenty of quality, especially in Attack. They've got numbers all over the pitch, but unfortunatly for them will be missing Mortan Gamst Pederson to injury. Swansea have a very good young team, with plenty of depth in youth. I think Middlesborough will have the experience to get the result though.

Bristol City 2 - 0 Peterborough United

The new manager at Ashton Gate has not had much time to get players in, but has signed a key player in Kim Kaalstrom, he could make an impact. Peterborough haven't got and quantity in their quality and are very fortunate with loans that they have a further 3 players who are capable at this level. They have a very experienced squad on the whole, with a huge gap up front, the gap will close in a few days with the rating changes but on the night the gap is their to be exposed, Bristol City are able to freely attack with no real threat in the final third for Peterborough.

Queens Park Rangers 1 - 1 Birmingham City

QPR have got a lot of English talent, who are all capable match winners, with the likes of Leon Osman and Peter Crouch. They don't have much numbers, but with the numbers they do have a lot of them are very capable at this level. Birmingham have a lot more quality in star players, with match-winners in their squad. They've also got a lot of young players that are capable at divison 2 level, with the likes of Phillipe Koch at the club. Birmingham are the more likely to get the win, but I think QPR can grab a suprise draw.

66_1202947790.gif

Rochdale all set for trip to Valley Parade

valley-parade.jpg

Valley Parade will be the venue for the game between Braford City and Rochdale

Early this morning Rochdale finally announced the new signing of 5 new faces and 1 more on his way. After taking charge of the League 2 side 2 days ago Rochdale manager Jim Randall has already got to work with his new side as they hope to push a big promotion challenge this season. Rochdale will be put to the test tonight as they visit possible promotion pushers Bradford City at Valley Parade at 20:00 tonight. Both teams will be looking to get off to a good start to season number 2 in England and the question is, will any new faces be in Rochdale's line up tonight?

67_front_small.png10_1199186160.gifV 66_1202947790.gif9_front_small.png

Venue: Valley Parade

Kick off time: 20:00pm

Attendance: 25,136

Tickets are still on sale for tonight's game.

Charlton vs Crewe

crewe%20fc.gif vs

Charlton.png

crewe-alexandra-stadium-aa13223b.jpg

Venue:Greasty road

Kick off : 20:00

Charlton open the campain against newly promted crewe manager lewis scorgie said he will give debuts to blasi,hennesy,braafhield and loan siging tanse.

Charlton probaly team

hennesy,moutakil,Fourtne,Gabdion,Braafheild,Devid,Rodwell,Blasi,Tanse,Cole,alitorede subs: Wevear,van aannholt,merida,ward,dorrans

Inteviwer: do you think i will take time for you team to gel
i hope not i want to get promted and go up to divison 3 but i will have to sell.
why will you have to sell?
because we had a budget of 5.3m before we signed blasi and he cost 5m
So what do you think about crewe
they are a good experince side but i think should win
Can you give us any hints about your team?
no

Predictions - Season 2 - Turn 1

Divison 1

Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United

Man. City have a lot of quality' date=' but are now lacking in depth. They should get off to a good start though, but will find it much harder to get results as the season goes on. It's the opposite for Newcastle, so much depth in the squad with a total 136 players in their squad, they don't have the quality that Man City do though, Man. City should win.

[b']Everton 1 - 2 West Ham United[/b]

Everton have a lot of quality in their squad, as do West Ham. West Ham have more match-winners though, with the likes of Ribery and Diego Capel at the club, and I think they have enough quality to get the win.

Hull City 0 - 4 Liverpool

Hull have one one of the the weakest squads in the divison, they dont have much depth in the quality that they have and will be in the dogfight at the bottom to stay in the divison. Liverpool have one of the strongest squads in the divison, Gerrard is doubtfull and Arbeloa is out for the game, but Liverpool have plenty of quality, and this should be a walk in the park for the Reds.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 Chelsea

Blackburn had a great season last year, and won the league, and they've continued bringing in talent, signing Nico Kranjcar, Michael Dawson and Valeri Bojinov. Chelsea have a great squad though, and will really trouble Blackburn, but their is a big difference in the quality in the managers. I think Blackburn may snatch a point in this one.

Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Tottenham have a superb squad, and have managed to improve on their squad by signing Capdevilla for £5.5 + Bale. They've got a lot of depth in their squad aswell, and are one of the better sides in the divison. Bolton have got a good squad, but Bolton's quality are coming towards the end of their careers, I think it could be won in the last 15-20 minutes. Bolton are also without Van Bommel and Govou, so Tottenham to win it.

Aston Villa 3 - 0 Stoke City

Villa don't have much depth in their squad, but they do have a lot of quality in their squad. Jose Angel Crespo is injured, but he was unlikely to play anyway. Stoke have plenty of numbers, but Villa's quality is likely to win it, with Stoke failing to have any match-winners. Villa to win it.

Portsmouth 1 - 0 Preston North End

Portsmouth have a squad of real quality, with the likes of Cole and Albiol at the club. They do have one or two talented youngsters aswell, and are likely to get a mid-table finish. Preston have brought in players towards the end of their careers, and with no quantity in quality. Marco Borrielo is suspended, with Wellington now likely to play. Portsmouth win.

Manchester United 5 - 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Manchester United are always likely to win when they play at home, they've got a great side, cutting down on the squad size, but improving on the quality of the squad. Wolves are currently unmanaged, and despite having some good players, they dont really stand a chance. Easy Manchester United win.

Arsenal 5 - 0 Ipswich Town

Arsenal should easily win the game, they've got some of the world's brightest talents and some really quality upfront with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Ipswich have a squad a lot older than Arsenal's, Luciano Civelli is also out with an injury. Arsenal to win.

Burnley 2 - 2 Fulham

Burnley have a lot of quality, with the likes of Chamakh and Jovetic, and those two could be the key to Burnley this season. Fulham also have a lot of quality, especially in attack, aswell as some very good young players. I predict a draw, with the sides quiet evenly matched.

just taken over wolves don't think i will lose 5-1 to scummy man utd:p

taken france aswell :D

ArsenalBanner.png

RARING TO GO

We're still hours away from kick-off here at the Emirates, yet the scene is quite buzzing outside the stadium as fans excitingly wait for the gates of entry to opened, and to kick-start the Premiership Season, with a home-opener, against newcomers, Ipswich Town. The Gooners as they march out the tunnel can expect a massive roar as today's match is sold-out, why wouldn't it be? Home and Season opener! Not to mention the return of an unlikely face.

EmiratesStadFansL_468x312.jpg

We spoke to manager Kylan two days ago ahead of the clash and got his two pence in about the up-coming season and match against ipswich, we've managed to scurry around the Emirates Stadium and get in a word from Arsenal's midfield maestro, Cesc Fabregas.

gun__1241193488_cesc_fabregas.jpg

Q: Cesc what are your thoughts about last season, this up-coming season?

Cesc: Obviously disappointed about last season, we wanted to achieve to win the EPL, we didn't meet the goal, finished 5th. For this season it's quite simple, we want to... no, HAVE TO win, not just for us, but our supporters.

Q: At the beginning of last season, a new manager comes in, then takes away your captaincy. Where you surprised/angry/what? What went through your mind? How did you react?

Cesc: Well I was quite shocked, I thought this was probably going to mean that I could be leaving. The manager spoke to me told me the reasons why, I accepted them, but was still not happy, but through that used that energy in my play, and it brought me up to another level.

Q: To no surprise you're still being linked with Barcelona, and Real Madrid, do you care to comment on where you stand?

Cesc: I'd rather not comment on the matter, as I am enjoying my time here, this is the club I became a star at, where I will continue at. I have much respect for Barca, Real Madrid, especially for the many Spanish players, with whom I play with in the National squad, but for now I am Arsenal.

Q: Fair enough son, well then, today you're playing Ipswich, the return of a player you've grown up alongside playing, in Robert Pires. What kind of reaction do you think he'll receive at the Emirates? Your opinion on going against him?

Cesc: Well... *smirks* Pires is part of a golden generation here at Arsenal, a player that will never be forgotten, along the likes of Henry, Vieira, Adams, Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Wiltord, Laurent. He won't have to worry about the fans. As for going up against him, I welcome the challenge, it's definitely different going up against someone you are used to playing along-st side you.

Q: Speaking of Thierry Henry... what do think of the speculation about Arsenal getting their hands wet and bringing him back? Also the whole World Cup Int'l fiasco that has dragged Henry's name? Do you think it to be tarnished now?

Cesc: Haha, how did I know this was coming! *looks up*

Q: Well are you gonna answer it or not? Me fish 'n chips are getting cold lad. :(

Cesc: Que Pa!? Oh Fine. Well I see no harm if Thierry where to return, he is a legend at the club and always will be one of the most revered forwards to have graced the Premier League. As for that whole 'handball situation' against Ireland, all I can say is, I do feel sorry for Ireland, but I do not think Thierry's reputation to be damaged, his play is what will always come to my mind first, others will feel differently. He will bounce back.

Q: Lastly... venture a predication for us today?

Cesc: We will win, I will score 2. :P ... I hope so.

Sheffield-Wednesday-Logo.png

Sheffield Wednesday to seal Jarvis transfer

matt-jarvis.jpg

Wednesday fans hope Jarvis will be leaving a few more defenders for dead

Sheffield Wednesday are set to secure another pre season signing today with the signature of Matt Jarvis from Real Betis for 1 million pounds plus Ettiene Esajas going in the opposite direction,He offers Sheffield more quality on the wings and this department of the team has been vastly improved, Jarvis should be rising in the upcoming english changes due to the minutes he has had with premier league side Wolves,The winger position was always been a problem for Wednesday sides but due to the signings of Guberti,Jarvis and Mccourt rising this problem has seemed to be addressed.

Leicester-City-256x256.png

Official - Leicester To Sign Teenage Goalkeeper

0,,10311~6502444,00.jpg

Leicester City have boosted their youth side

with the signing of shot stopper Dean Bouzanis

for 20k from Accrington Stanley.

Bouzanis was reportedly touted as the best

goalkeeper for his age by his former manager.

German Pacheco, Nile Ranger, Maximiliano Oliva

Geo Schennikov and Silva Rithely have been

recruited by Kaito's team so far this season.

The Leicester's manager, Kaito told media

"We are delighted to have completed the capture

of Dean. He's an exciting young talent with fantastic

ability."

I WANT THE FANS ON MY SIDE AS SOON AS THE FIRST WHISTLE TONIGHT - TOM G

TOM ALSO EXPLAINS WHY BLACKPOOL FANS SHOULD BE OPTIMISTIC ABOUT SEASON AHEAD

After a Season 1 of disaster for Blackpool - 20th in the Championship - Tom says that tonight will mark the beginning of a brand new era for the club, and the fans should erase last season from their memories.

"I think we are a very good club, but have not been treated well last season," "It hurts to see what might of been if it wasnt for a horror last season," "But this is the beginning of the new, Tonight, against Hudderfield, the new era begins,"

"I am working hard to bring new players in, but the ones we have now and very important still,"

Tom says that he is aiming for Blackpool to make the top 6 this season, although preferable, the top 2. "An instant return to the 2nd division would be fantastic, but a top 6 finish is realistic for me,"

103_front_small.png29_1199919859.gif6_front_small.png

EC3951 - BREAKING NEWS;

Saturday 5th December 2009.

Former Cardiff City manager Dan Griffin, has quit the Welsh team. He was offered a 5 year contract at Derby County and a bucket full of cash, and he has accepted. Griffin said to the Cardiff City background that he wasn't their on a permanent basis, he was only their to get them promoted after they had no chance without a manager, but Griffin still failed, but he did get them to the Final.

Griffin will be the Derby manager for tonight's game at Pride Park against Barnsley, and Derby are expected to win comfortably.

"I was never at Cardiff for the long run, I wanted to get them promoted and leave them, for the next manager to be in the Premier League and hopefully strive them on, but it has backfired and they are still in the Championship, I have set their tactics for tonight and wish them all the luck against Watford, next season I hope to play them in whatever league we are both in, I felt it's time for a new challenge, to get Derby promoted and stand a nice big squad."

306_front_small.pngcoventryCityFC_badge.png306_front_small.png

Radford wants a season to remember

Saturday 5th December 2009

behrami.jpg

Behrami will be key to Coventry this season

As the season is about to kick off, new Coventry manager Aidan Radford has told Radio Coventry, that he wants a season to remember in his opening season at the skyblues. Coventry's squad was not looking very good when he took over the club, and it still doesn't look great, but Radford have brought in a lot of key players who will help Coventry try and get as high up the table as they possibly can. We're expected to finish in the bottom 3, and we are realistic, we do know that were not going to get a top 6 finish, or win the english cup. We've just got to try and get as many points by the end of the season as possible, hopefully we'll stay up and hopefully we'll finish in a respectable league position.

hey' date='

Thought I'd just mention this before season starts!

Just had an idea which would make things challenging for us forumers this upcoming season.

basically everyone gets drawn in pairs with another forumer randomly. They can be in any division!

The pair at the end of the season with the best combined league positions wins the challenge!

For example, Leeds and Arsenal might get drawn together. Arsenal win the 1st division and Leeds come 2nd. As this happens to be the best combination, they win the challenge.

Feedback?[/quote']

posted to a few of us by p.m,

Tom is currently doing the draw,

Now all 80 teams will be in the draw, including non-forumers + unmanaged teams

If you finish in 2nd position, then your pair will get 2 points, the pair with the lowest points at the end of the season will win the competition

+

Just an idea i though of just now, if a team wins the cup/shield their pay will earn -5/10 points, shall we do that, seems fair

Sure im interested' date=' just aslong as it's reguarly updated throughout the season. :)[/quote']

all teams are in it, even unmanaged teams and non-forumers

Tom's currently doing the draw, i think, wont be long and the pairs will be up

I will regularly update the tables throughout the table, a new thread will be setup for this, as the table of the pairs + discussion about it will lose some great m/r's in this thread,

I wont rank the teams, like from 1st to 40th, but list all the pairs in the order their drawn throughout the season and post how many points they have,

I will do a top 6 below the list of 40 pairs aswell :)

all teams are in it' date=' even unmanaged teams and non-forumers

Tom's currently doing the draw, i think, wont be long and the pairs will be up

I will regularly update the tables throughout the table, a new thread will be setup for this, as the table of the pairs + discussion about it will lose some great m/r's in this thread,

I wont rank the teams, like from 1st to 40th, but list all the pairs in the order their drawn throughout the season and post how many points they have,

I will do a top 6 below the list of 40 pairs aswell :)[/quote']

It all seems a bit confusing too me so how does it work,Say i play Stockport and beat them 3-0 then what do i play someone else and 40 teams get knocked out etc?

It all seems a bit confusing too me so how does it work' date='Say i play Stockport and beat them 3-0 then what do i play someone else and 40 teams get knocked out etc?[/quote']

it's not a competition, it a season long points tally,

See "English Championship 3951 - Season 2 Superchallenge" first post should explain

Sheffield Wednesday 2-3 Norwich City

Sheffield Wednesday went down to recently promored Norwich City at Hillsbrough tonight,In a close and even game Norwich slightly had the more clinical edge thanks to goals from Welition Felipe,Guiliano and Toquero,Wednesday tried there best to get a result but goals from on loan Eden Hazard and Wilson Palacios were not enough.