English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

306_front_small.pngcoventryCityFC_badge.png306_front_small.png

Reading 0 - 2 Coventry City

81, Henderson

82, Soriano

Image_9_for_Norwich_City_1_Coventry_City_2_gallery_916046575.jpg

Henderson eventually puts Coventry into the lead, with just 9 minutes remaining

The young guns sealed the points for Coventry, with a vital win away at Reading. Coventry are now into 10th, and two points of the play-offs, with their start to the season exceding all expectations as they continue to move higher and higher up the table. They won the game in the last 10 minutes though, their youth and fitness rising above Readings towards the end, with first Jordan Henderson scoring to give the away side the lead, and then Jonathan Soriano scoring to seal the points, securing the win for the Sky Blues. Coventry have won three, and lost three of their opening six games, and have yet to get back to back wins, with inconsistancy costing them at times. Form suggests they will lose their next game, at home to Millwall, and then beat Nottingham Forest away in their match after Millwall. It is very unlikely, but Coventry manager Aidan Radford is expecting 4 points from those two matches.

Division 2 Team of the day 23rd December.

3-4-3

GK-BUTT (LEI)

WB-LUIZ(DONC)

WB-DIAZ(WBA)

CB-ZOKORA(FOREST)

CM-HUDDLESTONE(SHEFF UTD)

CM-KARADENIZ(BIRM)

CM-CIGARINI (DONC)

CM-IRELAND(WIGAN)

FW-DZEKO(MIDD)

FW-SAHAR(NORW)

FW-BENDTNER(DONC)

SUB-HEDERSON,GIOVINCO,DI MARIA,ROUTLEDGE,K PHILIPS,CHOPRA,BOJAN.

Ben Sahar pitured below in red hot form for Norwich with 5 goals in 5 game which has help Norwich to the peak of div 2.

Ben_Sahar_603268.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGdMFlyVTB5x7UF7P04DNLts-95Lw

Middlesbrough Transfer News

Over the last few days 2nd division side Middlesbrough have been very active in the transfer market. English full back Wayne Bridge was the first shock player to leave as he left for Dutch side Utercht for a fee of around 8.1 million. Scottish youngster Ryan Flynn also left the club for 900K.

brigde_633568131672031250.jpg

Boro used this money to make 3 new signings. 21 year old Javi Martinez was the first new recruit as he was snapped up from Athletic Club for 2.1 million plus Izmailov. Next to join the teesside club was Turkish midfielder Mehmet Topuz for 1.7 million and M.G Perdersen. Finally Boro shook off competition from Norwich City to land Spanish striker Roberto Soldado for an estimated 500k with Zaki and Wotherspoon going the other way.

imgRoberto%20Soldado4.jpg

Soldado is one of three players who joined Middlesbrough.

Div 2 Team of the day 26th December

How l work out team of the week,still a work in progress.

Mom -1point

Goals-1piont

Match rating 5-7 half a point

Match rating 8-10 1point

winning goal 1point

Gk-clean sheet 1point

if two players are equal l then look at there average over the season.

3-4-3

GK-VAN DIJK(NORW)

LB-SYLVINHO(PETERB)

RB-GUNTER(FOREST)

CB-TOLOI(NORW)

RM-ESCUDERO(BRISTOL)

LM-BENDTNER(DONC)

CM-HENDERSON(COVTRY)

CM-FELLAINI(WIG)

FW-BOJAN(WIGAN)

FW-BENT(PETERB)

FW-KERRISON(SWAN)

SUBS-SAHA,SORIANO,LJAJIC,FORLIN,GORDON.

Felllaini is in great form and has the highest average rating of any player in div 2 with a average of 8.0.Fellaini pictured below collecting his award for the second time this season.

marouanefellaini300.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGD_L7-LC0Enzn07NFMHsM06xRQVQ

Kerrison pictured below has scored 5 goals in 5 games for Swansea since his loan move from Arsenal,with Kerrison form we are sure to see him again in the team of the week.

keirrison%2Bbarcelona%2Bbenfica.bmp&usg=AFQjCNERI6bG34-jPE9p7h46QBlEAoaQCw

telegraphLogo.gif

Scorgie lanunched a scathing attach on teams playing weakednd teams.

Lewis ... has said when teams played weakend teams they ruin the spirit of the cu most of them smaller teams go out so there are very rarelly cup-sets.

I dont see why the do that it ruins the spirit

He also launched an attach on refs Chief Hugh Dallas as the standard of refereeing is dropping considerably.

SpeakOutHughDallas.jpg

He also said he expects his team to go and win the league because again the standard is so poor it is though manager Scorgie comments will get him a fine but he wasn’t finished there as he launched an attack on nearest rival Mk dons boss Sean Campbell they haven’t been best friends shall we say a Scorgie has suggested that Campbell is neglted his team and that is why they are losing ground. He was also at christmas party and got very drunk and has already got a £1,000 fine for his behave while drunk he had got a some managers for not doing deals.

He said he brian sanndls team go down as he is a hopeless manager and is lucky to still be in a job and doesnt no were he has managed to get all this money. He also said the notts forrest owners are man city will all that money being pumped in they wnat intstead succes and lewis s said he was one in a long line of mangers that has been contcated despite the fact that brian sandalls is still manager of notts forrest

sun.jpg

Coll on the verge of Dissmisal?

Sources have reported that Middlesbrough manager Patrick Coll will be sacked if they don't win their next game against Watford tommorow night. Middlesbrough have failed to meet last year's standards and currently lie in 18th place in the table. The poor start has severly displeased the owners of the club and it is believed that Boro already have a high profile name lined up to replace the current manager.

However, Middlesbrough chief executive Keith Lamb says this is nonsense:

"This is just the media stirring things up again. Although we haven't had the start we would have liked, the board and I are 100% behind Patrick and the rumours have no truth in them whatsoever."

NOTTINGHAM FOREST FOOTBALL have released this short statement.

Avram Grant our manager has been accused of spending alot of money and putting out a weak team last night.The club would like to say on record that they are DELIGHTED with Avrams work the club are joint 3rd in the league after mamy pundets said we would struggle.When Avram came to Forest he had a successful squad in place in div 3 but most of the players where well over 30 and the club was concerned for the future finacees,as we all know players over the age of 30 value rarely increase.the previous manger had moved out all the young players and Avram was brought in to re adress the balance for the good of the future.Avram went on to sign Cahill,Sidwell,Dempsey,Halford,Moses,Loach all players who whatever manager we should have should increase in value and all under the age of 30.The club would also like to point out Avram has only spent 16MILLION of Forests money with the rest coming from sales.

Nottingham Forest have would also like to add that many teams put out there reserves last night,as there key players needed resting over this busy xmas period and many like ourself s at Forest have only have a small squad.The reserve side put out still included the likes of Petrov,Moses,Buzasky,Cahill,Johnson,Halford,loach which speaks for itself.

Nottingham Forest would also like to add they they where beaten far and squarely by Manchester City last night and Forest have no links WHAT SO EVER to city on or of the field.

Nottingham Forest have also denied talking to LEWIS or indeed any other manager in regards to replacing Avram and even if Avram was to resign Lewis would hardly be the top of our or anyone elses list with his attitude.Avram is doing a fine job and will continue to be our manager for the forseable future,

Nottingham Forest press officer

telegraphLogo.gif

Scorgie lanunched a scathing attach on teams playing weakednd teams.

Lewis scorgie has said when teams played weakend teams they ruin the spirit of the cup and most of them smaller teams go out so there are very rarelly cup-sets..

He also launched an attach on refs Chief Hugh Dallas as the standard of refereeing is dropping considerably.

SpeakOutHughDallas.jpg

He also said he expects his team to go and win the league because again the standard is so poor it is though manager Scorgie comments will get him a fine but he wasn’t finished there as he launched an attack on nearest rival Mk dons boss Sean Campbell they haven’t been best friends shall we say a Scorgie has suggested that Campbell is neglted his team and that is why they are losing ground. He was also at christmas party and got very drunk and has already got a £1' date='000 fine for his behave while drunk he had got a some managers for not doing deals.

He said he brian sanndls team go down as he is a hopeless manager and is lucky to still be in a job and doesnt no were he has managed to get all this money. He also said the notts forrest owners are man city will all that money being pumped in they wnat intstead succes and lewis scorgie said he was one in a long line of mangers that has been contcated despite the fact that brian sandalls is still manager of notts forrest[/size']

Clifford Hits Back At Scorgie

Sheffield Wednesday manager hit back at Charlton Athletic manager Lewis Scorgie after he criticised managers who played a weakened side in the cups saying the following "I am the manager of Sheffield Wednesday and not him,I will decide what is best for my team and I use the cups as a chance to give my younger players a run out,it gives me a chance to see how the likes of Osei,Noguiera and Koman fit into the side in a match situation and then we can work on that on the training ground,my players ran out of steam last season and that is why we did not get promoted to division 1 so i am making sure they are fine for the final run in towards the end of the year,it is always nice to do well in the cups but the league is your bread and butter and that is what i will focus on,i think he should also keep his opinions on other managers to himself as well as i now for a fact Sean the MK Dons is having exams at the moment so they come first and Brian Sandalls has took Nottingham Forest to 4th in Division 2 and has done a fine job considering they are recently promoted.

Clifford Hits Back At Scorgie

Sheffield Wednesday manager hit back at Charlton Athletic manager Lewis Scorgie after he criticised managers who played a weakened side in the cups saying the following "I am the manager of Sheffield Wednesday and not him' date='I will decide what is best for my team and I use the cups as a chance to give my younger players a run out,it gives me a chance to see how the likes of Osei,Noguiera and Koman fit into the side in a match situation and then we can work on that on the training ground,my players ran out of steam last season and that is why we did not get promoted to division 1 so i am making sure they are fine for the final run in towards the end of the year,it is always nice to do well in the cups but the league is your bread and butter and that is what i will focus on,i think he should also keep his opinions on other managers to himself as well as i now for a fact Sean the MK Dons is having exams at the moment so they come first and Brian Sandalls has took Nottingham Forest to 4th in Division 2 and has done a fine job considering they are recently promoted.[/center']

Big row urpeting over scorige comments

Scorgie said about mr cillford you kneed to calm down and i also wish mr Campbell the best in his exams maybe i overeacted i have issued a sincre appolgy to mr Cillford Mr Grant and Mr Campbell if i may have offened there poicly and team secltion.

it also been accouned that the fa will be looking into scorgie comments and have fined him £5,000 and gave him a 2 game touchline ban. i think the fa have overreacted and i will appel against the stupid ban so that will be 6k i will be down i am very angry with the fa

skysportsnews.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFg8yprlruwndmCxZ1mhcbuIn2rMw

SKY SPORTS -BREAKING NEWS

Sky sports news sourses understand James Perch and Lee Camp are currently undertaking medical at Millwall and Hartlepool football club.Both players have struggled to get a game under Avram Grant and it is believed he needs to sell prior to bringing in new players in January.It is believed a winger and a striker are at the top of his priorities as Avram has said previously that Mc Sheffrey can leave.Earlier Today the Charlton manager accused Forest of wasting money,but if reports are correct Forest have to sell prior to buying if the news Perch and Camp are true.

Forest have declined to comment,but have said" if an offer comes in for a player and we believe its in the interest of all to sell then of course we will consider selling,but at the end of the day the manager will have the final say".

Perch below believed to be in a medical at Hartlepool.

JamesPerch_560525.jpg&usg=AFQjCNE4cHLJO-9nilgbjIK3YSeP0TvsGw

306_front_small.pngcoventryCityFC_badge.png306_front_small.png

Coventry 4 - 0 Millwall

16, Prudnkiov

33, Henderson

74, Soriano

77, Henderson

Jordan-Henderson_2119750.jpg

Jordan Henderson has done superbly for Coventry, since stepping up to the first team earlier this season. With three goals in his last two games.

Coventry beat divison 2 newcomers Millwall, 4-0, to secure back to back victories for the first time this season. Coventry took a total of 69% possesion and dominated the game, with Millwall only achieving two shots at goal. Prudnikov and Henderson gave Coventry the early lead, with Jordan Henderson making it 2-0 before half time. Jonathan Soriano then made it 3-0, with his shot deflected into the top hand corner, before Jordan Henderson sealed the game with his 2nd and Coventry's 4th. Coventry are now up to 8th, with only goal difference seperating them from the play-offs. Next up for the sky blues are Nottingham Forest, Forest are in 4th and have a superb squad, with manager Brian Sandalls known as the next Brian Clough in Nottingham.

Parker appointed as Plymouth Argyle boss

25058136-E483-BFF7-5DF0A46B0E36D63C.jpg

istockphoto_234992-signing-contract.jpg

Parker putting pen to paper on a 5 year deal

Yesterday afternoon it was confirmed that Plymouth Argyle have appointed Hans Parker to take charge of the club for the next 5 seasons. The appointment of Parker comes after Jake Alexiuk resigned on the 22/12/09 after a day in charge of the club. The board had been looking for a manager who will stick to the post for a long time and they believe they have Succeeded to find the right man for the job in form of former Swindon Town manager Hans Parker. Parker managed to work his magic with the division 4 club transforming them into one of the best in the country and the Plymouth board is looking for the same impact but Parker has admitted it will be a totally different league that he'll be competing in.

"I'm over the moon to be given the oportunity to take charge of a club like Plymouth Argyle. This is one of the hardest job that I've took on board but I believe that we could be playing in the Championship in two seasons time but for now I have to try and keep the team in division 3 as we are just floating above the relegation zone. We are currently in 17 place and only 2 points ahead of 18th placed Oldham Athletic. We have to start picking points and we need to do so starting tomorrow in our home game against Darlington. Darlington are flying high at the moment but we need to believe that we can get a result for that game."

Anybody who has a goalkeeper rated over 80 please give me a shout as I'm desparate for a Goalkeeper

Plymouth Argyle completes loan signing of Alberto Paloschi and Johny Placide from Newcastle

alberto_paloschi_milan_afp.jpg3.jpg

Plymouth Argyle have completed the loan signing of Alberto Paloschi and Johny Placide from Newcastle United. Placide was placed on the loan list by manager Marius Misan while Parker had to negotiate with Misan to allow Paloschi to join the Pilgrims on a loan deal which could vary from 5 games upto the rest of the season. Reports suggest that the signing of Paloschi has paved way for Emile Mpenza to leave the club for FC Sion for a fee believed to be in the region of £5 million.

Parker was delighted with those deals and this was his views on the transfers since he took charge of the Greens yesterday afternoon;

"I am extremely happy that we've managed to bring Placide and Paloschi on loan as I believe they will help our cause greatly and hopefully they will help get the team move up the table."

"Placide is a player who I've worked with over my small career in management and he will be a good addition between the sticks. He will bring us more quiality than we have at the moment and will also help us gain a couple more vital points by making brilliant saves."

"Paloschi is an interesting little player. I've done a little bit of research on him and he's got a great CV. Being at the big club like Ac Milan and Newcastle will only be beneficial for the club as he can cope with big game pressure. I'm sure he'll score a lot of goals for us as well as creating some for others. I'm looking forwards to see him play in our green shirt tomorrow against Darlington.

Parker also told the press that he's received big money moves for Emile Mpenza and Cristian Nobao but he's only acpeted the £4.6 million offered for Mpenza as he'll need Nobao for tomorrow's game but will consider his future after having a word with the Ecuadorian.

"I am also very dissapointed that we will have to sell some players to keep the team going forwards and I've had to accept bids for Douala, Mpenza, Seip, Timar, Namdari and Barnes. I hope that we get around £10 million from these sales and we can rebuild the team from there on. I have also been offered a head banger from Rubin. They've placed a bid Nobao and I have to decide whether to accept the £10 million being offered or keep him. I'll have a talk with him after tomorrow's game and we'll decide after that."

2rwaky9.jpg

21czdr4.gif Sheffield utd 0-1 peterborough2954q6p.jpg

SHEFFIELD UTD TEAM- S HARPER, K NAUGHTON, A DEL HORNO, L BROMBY, M KILGALLON , T DE MUL, D GLUSHAKOV, T HUDDLESTONE, D N'GOG, H ALTINTOP, J COLLISON

PETERBOROUGH TEAM- A FONTANA, S KESIMAL, F FAZIO, R DUNNE, A CHEDJOU, BRUNO SORIANO(1GOAL), M SANTANA, K BOATENG, K MITROGLOU, D BENT, J O'HARA

STATS

Sheffield utd peterborough

Possession

42% 58%

Total Shots

14 15

Shots On Target

5 11

Corners

8 7

Yellow Cards

0 1

Red Cards

0 0

Key moments

6: A beautiful overhead kick by Jamie O'HARA, just goes over the crossbar!

12: [Yellow Card] BOOKED - After raising his arms Kevin-Prince BOATENG receives an instant caution

16: Halil ALTINTOP hits a straight volley towards goal but it crashes off the near post

19: The imposing Jack COLLISON heads inches over

32: Darren BENT is starting to boss the play as he is getting more on the ball and space

36: A cross from out wide falls to David N'GOG who miss hits the volley

38: [Goal] GOAL!! - Llido BRUNO SORIANO nonchalantly lobs it over the advancing keeper!

47: Alberto FONTANA tips it onto the bar

68: A lot of shouting by Kostas MITROGLOU, trying to encourage his team mates to keep up their work rate

70: Before Denis GLUSHAKOV shot could nestle in the corner of the net it is clattered away at full stretch for a corner!

72: A dangerous cross by Serdar KESIMAL races across the mouth of the goal

2da0u8j.jpg

soriano celebrating his goal.

Div 2 team of the day -30 Dec 2009

4-4-2

GK- CARRASSO(READ)

LB- MARCELO(BIRM)

RB- MATHIJSEN(SHEFF WED)

CB- UPSON(QPR)

CB- RAMOS(SWANSEA)

CM- ZYRYANOV(SHEFF WED)

CM- SORIANO(PETERBR)

CM- KARADENIZ(BIRM)

CM- CATTERMOLE(QPR)

FW- LAZOVIC(WATFORD)

FW- BENDTNER(DONC)

SUBS-CROUCH,HEDERSON,BALOT,BIRUIZ,ZE ROBERTO,GOMIS,

Bendtner pictured below in outstanding form up front for Doncaster on loan from Arsenal.The 21 year old stats are 6 games,4 goals,3 assists,and 2 man of the matches,that form speaks for its self and has helped Doncaster into the top 2 of Div 2.

nicklas-bendtner-459435.jpg

Nottingham forest football club are delighted to announce the clubs new stadium took a step nearer to building with the stadium being chosen for Englands 2018 world cup bid.If England are succeful in there bid for the 2018 world cup Nottingham Forest will be one of the hosting citys and will represent the midlands.The stadium will hold 50,000 people and the City ground will be sold off and Forest will have a new home to take them forward.Avram Grant added"this is great news that we ve been chosen ahead of other clubs in the midlands"."It s also important for us at Forest,we need a bigger stadium to help the club finacees and also help me attract signings,it s a all win senerio..

Pitured below,possible new staduim for 2018 world cup.

1210653_BENOY___NOTTINGHAM_2018_STADIUM.jpg

After last nights defeat to Coventry Avram added"last nights game was proberly our worse game of the season,the players just had a day off,but we are new to the league so l expect the odd hip cup".I will make a few changes for the next game against table toppers Norwich ,but l will looking at our overall position after 10 games and then l will assess where we can improve and move forward"."I agreed with the board at the start of the season that a mid table finish would be acceptable in our first season in div2 especially with such a new squad and we are a club in transition and have a 3year plan,so its still early days and the league is very tight with a win taking you up 5 places and a loss down 5".

0,,10414~2710536,00.gif

Kirby Signs 12 month contract with Crew.

After a short serch for a new manager Crew Alexandra have annouced that Nathan Kirby the scottish manager will take over on a 12 month rolling contract. Crew chairman Billy Butt sniff described Nathan as the next Sir Alex Ferguson expect he doesnt support a scummy team like Rangers.

Kirby gave us this short statment.

Well id like to thank the chairman for giving me this poor chance of managing a pretty poor crop of players but never the less i feel we can gain promotion to division 2

I have expeince in this league my time with wolves was very good but i really pitty this league as most the good managers have gone but its good to see that some managers are still here.

Kirby also said that he has no cash till the bored gets there finger outa there @sses and give him some there will be no new signings.

Ramos was played at cb for Swansea and gained a place as a cb.this thread is not for small comments such as this ' date='pls use other thread in the future for comments..[/quote']

I'm well aware of what the thread is for, I will delete my posts later on.

I'm just bewildered why he would be put as RM when he's a CB. :confused:

telegraphLogo.gif

Charlton-Athletic-FC_270x200.jpg

Charlton manager launches outburst

I Think the huddersfiled manager is wrong thinking he can come in and call us pigs he is a disgrace and he think he is a dictaor,Dictator do not take over football teams and about the squads sizes he should have read that sm are looking into that and I would not do deals with such a badmouth disgrace speaking to such well respects managers like us and he is a rookie destined to fail and not make friends. And he is the animal he treats us like dirt I cannot describe him he is a disgrace to what was great league.

And I am disappointed with the defeat but I hope we bounce back against no less than Huddersfield town I have sold Cole and I will look to bring in more

Will Scorgie words get him in trouble or a spark a war of words we will find out soon?

2rqg96p.jpg

2nh4090.pngrvca4p.jpg2my1dvp.png

MATCH REPORT

peterborough 3 VS 0 walsall

Date: 4/1/2010

Venue: London Road

Attendance: 15,460

Referee: Wolfgang Stark

PETERBOROUGH TEAM - A.FONTANA- R MARTIN- G ZAKUANI- S KESIMAL - C LEE- T DIAGOURAGA- T WILLIAMS Y GOKOGLAN*- L FRECKLINGTON- S WILTORD- M GAVRANOVIC -

WALSALL - C VILLALOBOS- C PATRIC- R TAUNDRY- C MORGAN- M BEEVERS- P RASMUSSEN- L BENDER- S RAGGIO GARIBALDI- R WESTON- D MATTIS- S MOORE

This game was no formality as many jounalists have made out walsall put up a tough fight but just after the hour mark all there defending and hard work was undone by a powerfull header by frecklington with flew past villalobos it took only 3 minutes for the lead to be doubled tom williams fired past the keeper to make it 2-0 by then humphries obviously thought the game was over making 2 substitutions wiltord and williams made.

the 2nd half was a drab affair with just 1 talking point gokoglan scored a sublime goal by culrling a powerfull shot out of the keepers reach.

MOTM

Yigit GOKOGLAN

MATCH COMMENTRY

0:

Kick-Off

6: [Yellow Card] BOOKED - After a late lunge Mario GAVRANOVIC receives a yellow card

8: Before Lee FRECKLINGTON shot could nestle in the corner of the net it is clattered away at full stretch for a corner!

15: A wonderful strike from Sylvain WILTORD is pushed away by the keeper

16: Lee FRECKLINGTON charges down the flank thanks to a delightful back heel

17: A fingertip save by Alberto FONTANA denies what would have been a lovely worked goal

18: Mario GAVRANOVIC finds himself in plenty of space as he rushes his shot into the arms of the keeper

19: A lovely ball falls to Lars BENDER but he shoots wide

21: The imposing Stefan MOORE heads inches over

22: Claudio VILLALOBOS spectacularly palms over a half-volley

26: A spectacular overhead kick by Stefan MOORE flies wide of the mark

32: Back-peddling clumsily the keeper can only watch as Tom WILLIAMS lob goes over the bar

34: [Goal] GOAL!! - Lee FRECKLINGTON heads powerfully past the keeper!

36: [Yellow Card] BOOKED - Lars BENDER is booked for an off-the-ball incident

37: [Goal] GOAL!! - A fine ball is laid into the path of Tom WILLIAMS who hammers home emphatically!

40: The ball ricochets off Yigit GOKOGLAN and out of play

41: Tom WILLIAMS looks up at the sky in disbelief as he fired his shot over the bar from six yards!

43: A 25 yard shot by Mario GAVRANOVIC smashes against the crossbar

45:

Half Time

46: A curling corner from Richard TAUNDRY just goes too far over the players around the goal

51: Alberto FONTANA is at hand to clear the danger

53: A cross from deep by Toumani DIAGOURAGA goes out of play

54: [Goal] GOAL!! - Yigit GOKOGLAN caresses in a curling shot! What technique!

56: Yigit GOKOGLAN gets the blind side of the defender but is forced to hurry his shot

59: Charlie LEE inexplicably misses his cue on a header from six yards

60: A header at the far post is easily collected by Claudio VILLALOBOS

61: The ball crashes against the bar and Alberto FONTANA has to be at full stretch for the rebound

65: [Yellow Card] BOOKED - Dwayne MATTIS gets a yellow card after shouting abusive language

66: [Yellow Card] BOOKED - Serdar KESIMAL booked after time wasting

68: After twisting and turning with the ball Lee FRECKLINGTON is finally tackled

72: Russell MARTIN plays a long ball forward

73: Sylvain WILTORD finds himself clear, but hits the post

77: A forceful strike makes sure Claudio VILLALOBOS is on his toes

83: Alberto FONTANA rushes off his line to claim the ball

84: A curling shot from Lars BENDER goes just wide of the post

86: Philip RASMUSSEN shows strength to knock his man off the ball

88: Lee FRECKLINGTON try from 15 yards is a false dawn, as it slips past the keepers near post!

90:

MYTeam of the day for the 2nd January 2010

3-4-3

Positions of players to suit my formation only ,not alway in there attual position played.

I only do team of the day for league games in div 2.

GK-PATRICIO(BIRM)

RB- SANTON(LEI)

LB-EDUARDO(NORW)

CB-FORLIN(SWANS)

RM-STANKOVIC(SUND)

LM-WHITTINGHAM(CARDIFF)

CM-HONDA(LEI)

CM-FEDERICO(CARDIFF)

FW-MITROGLOU(PETERB)

FW-BOJAN(WIG)

FW-DZEKO(MIDD)

SUBS-DI VAIN,GOMEZ,BENT,HENDERSON,IRELAND,MOUNIER,SYLVINHO.

Krikic Bojan has been either named in the team of the week or been on the verge of being so each week.Bojan has match stats of 9 app,7 goals,4 assists and 2 mom award and has a rating of 7.67.His goal tally this season has already taken over last seasons tally and he tops the Div 2 goal scoring charts.Wigan certainly have some talent on there books in Bojan and with his goals anythinks posible this season for Wigan who currently lay in 7th position.

Bojan,pic below.

bojan4.jpg

BLACKPOOL WIN AGAIN AND JUMP INTO TOP 2

Blackpool have moved into the automatic promotion places in Division 3 after another win again Dan Griffin's Derby County. The game went ahead despite heavy snow showers before the game (between 10am - 11am, and 1pm - 2:30pm). Staff from Blackpool were working overtime to shuvle the snow off the pitch in desperate bid to get the game the go ahead!

Anyway, on with the match, and game's scoring began on 14 minutes as Evatt scored a great goal, by taking on 2 defenders before placing his shot nicely in the bottom right of Derby's goal, for 1-0. Derby threatened from now on, and had some great chances to equalize, including Richard Cresswell's effort on 43 mins, when he hit the ball from around 25 yards, just whistling over the crossbar, with Cudicini well beaten.

On 62 minutes however, Cresswell made it count by tapping in the rebound of a Derby freekick, poorly defended by Blackpool. They werent level for long though, as Gary O'Connor scored from inside Derby's D after some sloppy defending and tackling from the Rams, as O'Connor finished his chance in the top left of the Derby goal. 2-1, the full time result.

sky-sports-news.jpg

Sky Sports understand Nottingham Forests directors are very concerned in reagards to Forest most recent form.,most notably Forest 2-1 lose to Cardiff last night.Forest have now slipped to 12th in Division two after a positive start to the season and the directors are getting concerned sky sources tell us.Avram Grant has brought in many new faces into a squad that got promoted from Division 3 last season,but only Ze Roberto been in good form and he was signed under the prevous management..

Avarm Grant must be looking for a win pretty soon or the Forest directors will run out of patience and it will surely cost Avram his job at Forest.

Nottingham Forest have released this statement through a club Spokesman has said"I would be lying if l said the club was nt concerned with our recent form,but Avram still has the backing of the chairman and directors and we believe the team will turn it around and remember a mid table finish is our first goal,so we are still along way from the end of the season."Through sales Avram has cash to spend,he s just waiting for the right kind of players to become avaible and l once again say he has the clubs full support".

Avram Pic below after the defeat to Cardiff,looking under pressure.

Avram+Grant.jpg

2rqg96p.jpg

2nh4090.pngrvca4p.jpg2my1dvp.png

peterborough sell sylviniho

peterborugh have sold sylviniho for 5.8 million it is believed that humphries had enough of his lazy attitude, humphries spoke to sylviniho about his attitude but he responded in a negative manner he stormed out of training and was not seen for a further two days. brazilian side corritiba made the first bid and humphries accpeted.

sylvinho was a good player but we couldnt afford his wages hes a squad player and hes one of our highiest earners we had to get him off the books. i wish him all the best in his homeland.

346qelu.jpg

Sylvinho at his press conference after joining corittba