Sign in to follow this  
Torres+Gerrard

English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 3951 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Times764.jpg

Coll Turns Down Villa Job

The Times can reveal that Middlesbrough manager Patrick Coll has turned down the opportunity to manage first division outfit Aston Villa. This decision raised a few eyebrows in the football community as Boro have failed to live up to last years expectations and look like facing a season fighting relegation rather than promotion. Indeed, it was reported less than a month ago that Coll was set to be axed if results didn't improve.

In a short statement released from the club Coll said;

I am flattered to be given the chance to manage such a large side like Aston Villa. However, the board and fans have been behind me throughout this tough time and I want to repay that loyalty by commiting myself to the club

Division 1 - Update

1st Arsenal

NOW:10th -10

arsenal.gif

I belive that Arsenal will finish 1st due to their experinced manager and players. Kylan has added some great signings including Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC and Alexandre PATO since he has been there and has formed the best stikeforce in the top divison. The squad also has good depth and should be able to make it all the way this time.

2nd Chelsea

NOW:1st +1

Chelsea_Logo_Web.jpg

However poor they were last seaosn by not finishing in the top 10 they have still got a great squad of players who if worked together could form a title challenge. Not only have they got a great squad of players but they have also added some new signings like Xavi and Gallas to the squad to boost depth and experience. However I think only 2nd for them as they have an inexpericned manager who may get tatics wrong on occasions.

3rd Aston Villa

NOW:8th -5

121803371620.gif

Aston Villa were quite last season finishing within the top 8 however never having a title challenge unlike rivals Arsenal or Tottenham. Since the impressive top 8 finish they have boosted their squad with some great youngsters who look to be the bees knees. Along with an great manager i feel that they have a chance to get in the top 4. The squad is only let down by the lack of players.

4th Tottenham

NOW:3rd +1

tottenham%20badge2.gif

Strong squad of players along with the recent arrival of AMAURI, Carvalha they will be able to push foward thsi season unilke the end of last seaso when they fall apart 7 games from the end at 4th postion.

5th Man Utd

NOW:5th -/+ 0

man%20utd%20badge2.gif

Title challengers last seaosn however i am unsure on the managers dealings and with the best squad players lacking they may be forced to settle for 5th place. Good depth to help them through suspentions and injuries though.

6th Blackburn

NOW:18th -12

blackburn%20badge2.gif

The reiging champions Blackburn have been busy this winter making use of all their unexpected prize money from winning the divison last time round. However i feel that they may have gone over board and spent too much on so little players that they have weakened their squad in depth and this could be a fratile expeosed once the season gets underway. However with Drag at the helm, he will be able to guide them to a respectable 6th place.

7th Liverpool

NOW:14th -7

liverpool%20badge2.gif

Liverpool have a great lot of players at their desposial and i was sprised to see them suprised struggle last time round. I dont see this any different this time round too as the manager is yet to find the winning formulae for this team. When he does it will be a different situation.....

8th West Ham

NOW:2nd +6

1217496848106.gif

After the highs of the start of last season, West Ham stuggled to bring the league home to London and fell apart finishing an undeserved 6th. The team has not progressed as much as rival teams have this winter and they may be caught out by finishing lower then some of them. Still in the top 10 though which is impressive for them.

9th Man City

NOW:9th -/+ 0

man%20city%20badge2.gif

After suprising flirting with relegation last time, the chairman has since got his chque book out and let MAKE BELIEVE invest in the best players around including Kaka and Ronaldo. With the best Starting XI in the league you may wonder why i have picked them to finish a poor 9th position. well its becuase with a lack of depth in the squad (only 22 players) they will strugle the most if they get players suspened or injured. If that happens then they will not be able to cop and will drop alot.

10th Newcastle

NOW:4th +6

newcastle%20badge2.gif

Last seasons big boys in Div 2 are no mess on their day and with Misun at the helm i cannot see why they cant push for a top 10 position. They have a good squad with excellent depth and with a bit of luck they will be in top 10 which will come as relive to some fans who think that as they got promoted they will be in or around the relegation zone.

11th Portsmouth

NOW:7th +4

Portsmouth impressed everyone last time round finishing 3rd without any stand out stars in the team. This was the case as the team were tight with good morale. Howevert this season i feel that there bubble may burst and even with new arrivals ALBIOL, Raúl and Joe Cole i cannot seem them being in the top 10 and finishing mid table where they reliastically should be.

12th Fulham

NOW:19th -7

Another midtable finish on the way for Fulham? I feel that with a similar sytle squad to last season and one of the best managers around in prateek jain fulham can expect to be another midtbale club not ready to make the break for the top 8 yet.

13th Stoke

NOW:13th -/+ 0

Having had a relegation scare last season the chairman has decided to bring in experinced maanger Sean to the helm where he has alreday made an impact to the team with some great youngsters and rasing the teams morale. expect a safer ride for stoke fans this time round.

14th Bolton

NOW:15th -1

It looks as if it may be another ordinary year for Bolton as, with very little transfer activity and little activity at the club i think Bolton will again be in the bottom half of the table but enough distance from the relegation zone to be able to rest a little.

15th Everton

NOW:16th -1

Although a handy 52 points last year and a 11th position i feel that Everton are more likely to struggle this season. With limited players and an ageing team they had better watch out not to be dragged down to the bottom of the league.

16th Hull

NOW:6th +10

Some good players in the squad, however they lack enough quality throughtout the team to merit a top 10 finish and will flirting with several team above the zone. Needs to sign more good younsters and not rely on the ageing stars like Nuno Gomes.

17th Burnley

NOW:12th + 5

Having had a relegation scare last season the team is in need of a good amanger having had Gavin Kelly leave for West Ham. With a limited amount of stars in their squad dont be suprised to se them in the relegation zone occasionally through the season. Although i think with the extra experience of this league they will be able to survive......just.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

18th Preston

NOW:17th +1

A wonderful campaign last season ended their run in getting promotion to Divison 1. However they shouldnt expect such an easy rise thsi time round and will be in the relegation zone most of the seaosn unlike divison 2 promotion rivals Newcastle who have that extra to be able to survive.

19th Wolves

NOW:20th -1

Having just survived relegation last season i think their luck may run out this season and with the new manager deciding to keep the same squad i cant see how they could survive this time with rivals like Stoke improving their team.

20th Ipswich

NOW:11th +9

4-ipswich-town-685.gif

Luckly to gain promotion despite being the weakest of all play-off teams, there is very little hope for them in this league with clubs always improving.

2rqg96p.jpg

2nh4090.pngrvca4p.jpg2my1dvp.png

BID FOR CALDWELL ACCEPTED

29xi3yt.jpg

Peterborough have today conformed that they have agreed a fee with celtic in the region of £7 million pounds it is believed that caldwell will be a direct replacement for sylviniho.

im extremley pleased to have caldwell on board he an extremley good player' date=' we have an entire new back line now so i hope they get used to playing with each other pretty quick as we have a tough game coming up tomorrow[/color']

REPORTER ; will he be in the team for tomorrow

HUMPHRIES ; hes in the squad but will he play from the start i dont know ill speak to him before the game tomorrow and see if he's ready to start but theres no doubt he will play some part tomorrow.

2dj2tlh.jpg

caldwell signing contarct

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

62_1218812976.jpgPortsmouth V Tottenham 80_1217330011.jpg

Today Tottenham travel to snow covered Portsmouth to play Ricky Martins Portsmouth team who are currently 7th.

This game is regarded as a season turner due to the falling pace of Tottenham after being top of the table 2 games back and the rising Portsmouth.

Witht the likes of Ronaldinho, Simao and Amuari playing Kuranyi, Albiol and Cole you would expect a tight contest of the best quality.

Due to weather conditions though so players have insited on not going to the game incase they catch hyperhtermoa including Tottenhams Keane.

21-keane415.jpg

Keane at the prevouis cold match. What a hard nut.

Tottenham news: Tottenham go into this big decider with low motivation however with a fully fit team, with the likes of Simao and Bastos being the main supply for the goalscorers Ronaldinho and Amuari.

Portmsouth News: After a frosty reception at Aston Villa, portmsouth players are also feeling the cold of January and with two main players ADRIANO, Correia and ALBIOL, Raúl unfit for the game they have to resort to reserve players who have little in the way of match day experience.

Prediction: Portmsouth 1 V 2 Tottenham.

Wigan have new man at the helm,Set to sell of his whole squad

Promotion hopefuls Wigan Athletic announced there new manager today,it was former Sheffield Wednesday boss Andrew Clifford and he leaves them to join Wigan after a 49 game spell at the Yorkshire club,he has now relocated to the north west and joined a talented side in Wigan Athletic,the side contains stars such as Akinfeev,Higuain,Bruno Alves but lack any kind of depth which Clifford wants to address "It is important to have depth and quality as I did at Wednesday to get promoted,we have both but I do not think the depth we have is of a high enough standard for this football club,I am getting rid off every youth player at the club and looking for a few loans for the time been,if I can achieve this I will have a bit of a budget on top of what I already have to bring in the depth we desperately need,I really enjoyed my spell at Wednesday and I hope that I will have a similar experience at Wigan,I would like to add that I know Higuain is also a player many managers would like but is not for sell because he is going to become a world class player,everyone else can go for the right price though starting off with the youths first"

Time for the tide to turn at Southend

southendlogo.gif

Rumours are rife that Steve Tilson is on his way out the door at Southend

tilson.jpg

A meeting of the club's board is getting underway & will decide his future this afternoon

southend1.jpg

More news when available.....

Captain Honda Hailed World Class Forestieri

watford-fc-1.pngV Leicester-City-128x128.png

Division 2 - Saturday 9 Jan 2010

Vicarage Road (19,920)

Attendance - 14,280

Watford 1-3 Leicester City

F.FORESTIERI '10

Z.TOSIC '26

D.LAZOVIC '43

F.FORESTIERI '47

Keisuke Honda has joined the fans in hailing Fernando Forestieri

after the striker scored a brace to help his side beat Watford

3-1 at the Vicarage Road on Saturday to close the gap on the

top six. Serbian international Zoran Tosic also been in the

scoresheet while the home side only managed to get a goal

through Danko Lazovic.

The Italian striker scored two quality goals to silence his critics

after doubts over his ability to lead the frontline of the Khai side

earlier this season, but his captain was never in doubt that his

fellow teammate would cements his place in the starting XI

with ease.

"We knew that Fernando [Forestieri] would score. We

always trust him. He really works hard in every training session

and ofcourse in the match. He creates goal for the other players

and even scores himself. I rate him as a world class player. He is

easily our main attacker now."

20090105213323-VVV_Venlo_Keisuke_Ho.jpg

| You brilliant! I love you now. |

Two goals against watford last night made him become the

topscorer in Division 2 with 8 goals in 10 match. He is also

the top assistant with 7 assists. The club captain admired the

Italian second goal last night. A spectacular long-range shot pasts

English goalkeeper Ben Foster.

"The second goal [scored by him] was special. The

technic was pure class. The reaction from Ben Foster [after

the goal] shows everything. It was the best candicate for the

goal of the season."

The 19 years old was delighted with his team performance and

hopes to continue his current form until the rest of the season.

"This was a massive three points. We now need to look

forward and keep playing like this game after game. I'm delight

with my form. I'm really enjoy playing at this club. I want to

be at this club for the rest of my career."

88517.jpg

| That's sounds g** bro |

Related Link

Team

Leicester City

Watford

Player

Fernando Forestieri

Keisuke Honda

Team Of the Day for the 9th January 2010

Difficult this week especiallly in midfield and defence,not many or much in the marks to pick from.

GK FONTANA(PETER)

CB-SILVA(MIDD)

CB-GYEPES(CARDIFF)

CB-HELENO(BIRM)

MDF-BOATENG(PETER)

MDF-LEKAJ(SHEFF WED)

MDF-HENDERSON(COV)

LM-LEGEAR(COV)

FW-VAIO(CARDIFF)

FW-CHOPRA(CARDIFF)

FW-AGYEMANG

SUBS,FORESTIERI,REYESSORIANO,BELLAMY,SISSOKO,MARSHALL .

Jordon Henderson has been named in the team of the week and if you look at his stats you will see why 8 apperances,6 goals and is of the tender age of just 19.Could be in for a shout as Div 2 young player of the year award which l will be holding later in the season,by vote..

Jordan-Henderson_2119750.jpg

sky-sports-news.jpg

Sky Sports sources have told sky sports that Nottingham Forest are in talks with two clubs in regards to bringing in two targets.One is thought to be very,very highly rated player and a possible international.,further details are unknown..The second target is thought to be a striker,who has moved abroad but still highly thought of in the game and has been recommended by a european scout..

Nottinghma Forest have declined to say much expect this short statement."it no secret that the club have funds avaible and if players become avaible we may go into the market,but l am will stop at that and if any deals where to happen the media will be the first to know"

NOTTINGHAM FOREST FOOTBALL CLUB

Nottingham Forest are delighted to anounce the signing Of Adam Johnson from Wolfburg for a fee of 4.5m on a 4 year contract.Johnson prevouisly of Middlesborough will go straight in to Tonights team against Peterborough and Avram is delighted to have secured the services of such a highly rated player.

Adam Johnson pictured below

johnson11_101082t.jpg

Nottingham Forest can also announce they are giving a medical to Lua Lua, formally of Portsmouth prior to a move to the City ground a fee of around 3m has been agrees for Lomano and the club believe he will add somethink differant up front and provide cover for the other striker and it may inable a couple of young strikers to leave on loan.

Lua Lua pictured Below.

louabb8.jpg

31_1229339837.jpg

PLAYER UPDATE

RomeluLukaku.gif

Romelu Lukaku making his mark in Division 1

At only 16 years old the Belgian who plays for Everton is showing that he is a real hot prospect for the future. The player scored a brace against Arsenal on Wednesday.

The 6'3 striker has been labeled the new Drogba because of his height, skills and his finishing skills. He had the Arsenal team at his mercy and could be a strong possibility in the fixture against Manchester United.

Lukaku

I am quite confident in myself. I believe I will be better than Didier Drogba. At my age I am doing better than Pele and Maradona when they were my age and that is the step in the right direction for me. I believe in the manager. Despite the many critics predicting a bottom table finish. I think we can sneak out a top 5 finish.

NEW CONTRACT AGREED!!!

contract-signing.jpg

Only hours before Barnsley's next game aginst Huddersfield, the Barnsley owner Patrick Cryne has proudly revealed before tonights game that his promising young manager Mr Henshaw has agreed to sign a new contract for the length of 4 seasons. The new contract that has replaced Mr Henshaw's rolling contract that he signed at the start of the season is believed to be worth nearly £550,000 per season.

After revealing the news about Mr Henshaw's new contract, Patrick Cryne also revealed that there would be some very important business men in the crowd for tonights game and revealed, that there will be a further announcement after tonight's game or sometime tommorow.

"Chuckle Brothers" Announced As Major Investors!!!

0,,10360~5370364,00.jpg

Paul and Barry Posing for the club photographer

After earlier announcing the signing of a new contract for promising manager Mr Henshaw, the Barnsley owner Patrick Cryne has now came out and revealed that the two important guests at tonight's game where in-fact Paul and Barry Chuckle. Barnsley owner Patrick Cryne revealed that the two happy chappies have gladly decided to invest there millions into the South Yorkshire side.

At the time of press release Paul and Barry where unavailable for comment, due to the thousands of fans wanting to meet there new investors.

Team Of the DAY 16th January

GK-ROMERO(DONC)

RB-SANCHEZ(READ)

CB-DUFFY(MILLW)

CB-SILVA(MIDD)

LB-ARMSTRONG(READ)

RM-GUNNARSSON(COV)

CM-FER(READING)

LM-WHITTINGHAM(CARDIFF)

FW-CACUA(WED)

FW-LITA(READ)

FW-SORIANO(COV)

Subs to many good forward this week ,so had to leave out pazzini who was up the top in regards to performance as the forwards mentioned above.Subs con't Marshall,Butt,pamil,chompra,dzeko,agyemang,saha,petrov.Javi Martinez.

Bit hurried this week,had to make some difficult choices,but based on my marking system this is my team of the day....

Bilder%5CReading%5Creading8.jpg

Lita was outstanding yesterday for Reading with a mark of 10,1 goal and MOM award,even though not a first team regular at Reading with only 3 start from 7 games with this kind of performance he should be near a first team spot for future games.Reading though have a one of the best forward lines in the league with Rodallega,Iaquinta,Reyes but if Lita keeps playing as he did yesterday that trio will find it hard to get a place in the team.

150px-Middlesbrough_crest.png

Middlesbrough Look To Strengthen

Middlesbrough were busy this week in the transfer market with a host of faces both coming and leaving the club. Scots trio Steven Saunders, Peter Pawlett and Michael Paton have left Teeside for around 4 million pounds.

Spanish striker Aritz Aduriz shocked Real Mallorca fans by coming to England for a fee of around 250k with Asamoah Gyan heading the other way.

ARITZ_ADURIZ.jpg

Boro also look set to land Russian Defender Roman Shirokov from Russian outfit Zenit after a bid of 4.9 million pounds was accepted by the club.

9173_200x250.jpg

A Star Is Born As Iker Muniain Scores Winning Goal

Leicester-City-128x128.pngV images_5___2_.jpg

Leicester City 1-0 Sunderland

Division 2 - Saturday 16 Jan 2010

The Walkers Stadium (32,500)

Attendance - 20,938

I.MUNIAIN '77

The 17 years old Spanish-born Iker Muniain has made

into the front page of almost all newspaper including

The Sun which known for being bias toward Leicester

after scored a tremendous volley to become the youngest

ever goal scorer in the history of Lecester City and the

second youngest goal scorer in the league [the first is

Romelo Lukaku] in his first ever league start to seal a

deserve victory for Leicester City against mighty Sunderland

at The Walkers Stadium last night. He is not let peoples

down after so much hype around him with an eye-catching

performance and touches of brilliance.

Leicester City were without defensive stalwarts Holger

Badstuber, Emiliano Insua and Davide Santon and has

been replaced by Dominic Maroh, Georgi Schennikov and

Fabian Johnson respectively at the back four. The trio

was not fit to be in the starting XI after playing in almost

all games before including the cup and shield competition.

Darron Gibson, Javier Pastore and the team captain

Keisuke Honda were also in the sideline due to fitness

problem. Iker Muniain handed his first appearance in the

league and partnered with the team leading goal scorer

Fernando Forestieri.

4113e52f7948010318a81f64aab95283.jpg

| Now I know how it feel to be on the bench |

Sunderland manager put in a strong team with the like

Juan Vargas, Dejan Stankovic, Jermain Defoe and an inform

striker Diego Milito in the starting line up. So it was no

surprise that Sunderland making early inroads into the

makeshift Leicester backline. Nonetheless, it was the home

side that controlled the possession as the game goes on

with Darry Goulon and Yann M’vila at the heart of the midfield.

Both side had fair shots on goal but it was the Kaito side who

took the chance through young sensation Iker Muniain with

a powerful volley pasts Scotland international Craig Gordon.

Leicester, with at least half a team missing still managed

to get a vital three points to jump into the 8th place with

three points away from the top four. The Leiceter City

manager was delighted with his team performance and

hopes his young team to stay focus and concentrate for

the coming game.

“It was a good performance. We lose our key players but

we show so much character. It was really important [to get

the three points] and i was pleased with that. Now we need

to stay focus and not to lose concentration. We must get as

much point as possible for the remaining games.”

The Malaysian also praised the Spanish youngster after

scored a beautiful goal in his debut and he promises that

the young striker will get more time on the pitch in the future.

“It was a gamble [to play him]. He [iker Muniain] is so young.

Sunderland are probably the most physical team [to play

against] but he is not upset me. We know that he is so

talented, that is why we snapped him quickly.”

“There is no doubt that it was a special goal. He caused

so much pressure for the visitor. I can see he in the

teamsheet in the future.”

werdermunian-299x297.jpg

| Hey kid, can you stop for a while. I'm tired chasing you. |

However, The Spanish striker is not surprise with his

performance and said that he has everything what it

takes to be the best player in the world.

“I’m not surprise actually [with the goal]. Someone who

uses to work with me would expect that [goal] to happen.

Honestly, I’m a natural gifted player. I’m born to be a footballer.

I have everything needed to boss this game.”

Iker-Muniain1.jpg

| I'm a five stars player! |

Related Link

Team

Leicester City

Sunderland

Player

Iker Muniain

Robbie Keane comes out of the dark to become MoM in Tottenham thrashing.

80_1217330011.jpgV 47_1190143104.gif

Tottenham 4-1 Man City

Division 1 - Saturday 16 Jan 2010

White Hart Lane (36,310)

Attendance - 36,266

Last Night at a cold White Hart Lane it was being billed as a suprise and well earned victory for Tottenham.

This was because the game was predicted to be a Man City masterclass and victory with the likes of Kaka, Goalscroing crazy Ronaldo and Iniesta in the highly regarded team. And with the faltering Tottenham team out of form it was always going to be a Man city victory.

However once the whistle had blown to signal the start of the game, it was Tottenham who were lookign the brighter despite starting with some unknown faces like Shelvey and Keane starting.

This lasted for the first half with Robbie Keane proving to be a hassle and full of energy after missing the game at Portsmouth due to the weather conditions. In fact it only took him 10 minutes to put on the scoresheet with King also adding one before Iniesta slotted a sublime goal in just before half time.

RobbieKeaneAP0104_468x338.jpg

Robbie Keane in fine form.

Once the second half whistle had blown the game was more even with Man city proving to have more possision then the first half and ading some good passes together.

However it was Tottenham who added to their goal tally with heading in another goal before Simao added one from a goal scramble after some bad defending form the visitors.

Despite being unfair on Man City for the second half, this was a true reflection on the differences in class between the two teams and how much work Man City need to do with their squad to push for the title. Tottenham however managed to stop their poor form of recent and now they will be hoping for more celebrations in the coming weeks to push for the title where they were a couple weeks back.

southendecho.gif

Is the sun coming out again in Southend?

southendlogo.gif

Having been relegated last season, Shrimps manager Steve Tilson was under pressure to get the club promoted back to Division 3 at the first attempt.

However, after only 4 wins in 11 games & sitting mid-table, the chairman, Ron Martin, felt he had to take steps to revive the flagging fortunes of the club. However fans were very sceptical when the chairman appointed his favourite nephew, David Martin, as the new man in charge. But after collecting 10 points in the first 4 games, the players as well as the fans seem to be warming to the new boss.

The Echo took the opportunity to speak to the new manager for the first time.

Q: What were your first impressions after taking over?

"The thing that struck me at the first training session was the lack of fitness. We have a small squad so keeping the lads fit is going to be vital to our fortunes."

Q: What changes have you made?

"As i said fitness was an issue when i joined, so that has been a focal point in our initial training sessions. Also, we have been working on new formations. The club was playing a traditional 4-4-2 but we are looking at ways in which we can add more width to our game."

Q: Are you looking to bring in more new players?

"Yes but obviously with the club's current financial situation we have to sell before we can buy. I have already let 4 first team players go & will be looking to strengthen with the money that has generated. So far, we have managed to bring in a few players to boost the squad but i will looking to make some notable signings soon, both permanently & on loan. My top priority is bringing in a quality goalkeeper"

Q: What can you tell us about the signings you've made so far?

"One of the key things i want to do is to build a strong youth side & most of the signings so far reflect that. Defensive midfielder Hector Gutierrez joined us from Cruz Azul, he has already featured twice in that role. I've bought in 3 lads from Japan, Takashi Kanai & Shun Nagasawa are ones for the future whereas Ryu Okada has already made his first team debut in the Southend defence. Andreas Andersen & Remi Johansen are two young Norwegian lads, who play in defence & midfield respectively, and have already shown in training that they will be great additions to our youth squad. My latest signing, Tshepo Motsoeneng, is a good young goalkeeper who we managed to sign from South African side Santos. I intend to use Tshepo as backup but he will gain great experience from the exposure he will get in our cup matches."

Q: What are your targets for the season?

"It has to be promotion, ideally by finishing in the top 2. In addition to promotion, getting the club on a stable financial footing & building a youth side are objectives which i believe will be key to the future growth of the club."

Thanks for your time & we hope we can look forward to the club's future success.

"So do i, nice speaking to you"

Middlesbrough Scrape Past Millwall

150px-Middlesbrough_crest.png V millwall-football-club.jpg

Middlesbrough 1 - Millwall 0

Division 2 - Saturday 23rd January 2010

Riverside Stadium (35,100)

Attendance: 21,432

On Saturday night Middlesbrough managed to grab a vital 3 points against follow league strugglers Millwall although those who witnessed the game will know the score doesn't tell the whole story.

After the cup defeat in midweek Boro knew that the league was of even more importance. They started off the better team with T.Silva and Aduriz both missing chances early on. Down the other end Abdou's header just fizzed past the post with the keeper helpless. Middlesbrough continued to pile on the pressure and CM Balmont gets a great chance to score the opener but can't follow up a rebound.

FlorentBalmont_2301120.jpg

Balmont scores winner for Middlesbrough

In the second half Millwall were still under intense pressure and on the 59th minute Javi Garcia played a lovely through ball to Balmont who's shot hit off the post and went in.

The goal seemed to awaken the away team who started to create a decent number of chances but failed to take any of them.

Team of the day for div 2 from 30 Jan 2010

GK BOLAT(NORWICH)

CB-PLANUS(CARDIFF)

CB-LOVREN(NORWICH)

CB-SILVA(MIDD)

LM-GONZALAZ(NORWICH)

CM-VIANA(NORWICH)

CM-MADURO(WED)

RM-SUSAETA(LEI)

FW-DI VAIO(CARDIFF)

FW-SAVIOLA(FOREST)

FW-JANSEN(WIGAN)

Subs-Dzeko,Whittingham,Honda,Dealbert,Santos,Contout..

Player of the day-Saviola was in outstanding form for Forest yesterday with 4 goals mom award and a 9 .Saviola had a poor start to his forest career but has scored 7 in 15 appearences with 5 goals in the last 7 games.

Saviola pic below.

Javier+Saviola.jpg

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Heres my Player of the week in all Divisions

Division 1

Joe Cole of Portsmouth who helped his squad beat Liverpool 4-0.

Division 2

Is a 2 way here Bolat a keeper who played outstanding in there 6-0 win.

Saviola who yet has to prove his manager picked up 4 goals against my team who will be improved..

Division 3

Plymouth Argryles Mariga is my Division 3 player of the week.

Divison 4

Bradfords iwelumo was my Player of the week in Division 4

Team of the day for div 2 from 30 Jan 2010

GK BOLAT(NORWICH)

CB-PLANUS(CARDIFF)

CB-LOVREN(NORWICH)

CB-SILVA(MIDD)

LM-GONZALAZ(NORWICH)

CM-VIANA(NORWICH)

CM-MADURO(WED)

RM-SUSAETA(LEI)

FW-DI VAIO(CARDIFF)

FW-SAVIOLA(FOREST)

FW-JANSEN(WIGAN)

Subs-Dzeko' date='Whittingham,Honda,Dealbert,Santos,Contout..

Player of the day-Saviola was in outstanding form for Forest yesterday with 4 goals mom award and a 9 .Saviola had a poor start to his forest career but has scored 7 in 15 appearences with 5 goals in the last 7 games.

Saviola pic below.

Javier+Saviola.jpg

Yes, 4 Norwich players in there...... My Norwich was very dominant last match

Dzeko Double Defeats Doncaster

Middlesbrough_logo.gifVDoncasterBadge.png

Middlesbrough bounced back from their defeat against Nottingham Forest last week with a comfortable win over high flying Doncaster Rovers.

Going into to the match Doncaster were considered favourites by many due to their great form which had seem them climb into the top six of the division. Boro on the otherhand, although improved of late, are still hovering just above the relegation zone.

The first half was a dirty affair with both teams going for it and Columbian ref Hernando Buitrago dished out 4 yellow cards. It wan't just bad tackles though. Boro keeper Helton was forced to make a smart save after the defence went to sleep. On the half hour mark Gomis struck a sweet shot from 25 yards out but failed to hit the target. Then just before half time centre half Thiago Silva thought he was clear through on goal but he was deemed to be offside when the ball had been played. As the half time whistle went both teams went off looking reasonably pleased.

Edin-Dzeko.jpg

Dzeko Is The Hero For Middlesbrough

The second half was a different matter. Middlesbrough gaffer, Patrick Coll must have given the team a right old shouting at the break as Boro came out much more determined in the second half. Dealbert and Dzeko both had chances for the home team but couldn't deliver. Then in the 57th minute Bosnian Dzeko dribbled past two Doncaster players before coolly sliding it past the keeper to open the scoring. After that Boro kept the ball well and with the final whistle approaching Dezko again scored to seal 3 points for the Teeside club.

The two sides will meet again in the English Shield in around a fortnight and Rovers will be hoping to avenge this defeat then.

Guest MR. HAMMER

51HvyU5-8XL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

THE 2ND COMING

today West Brom named Mattuie Beckett there new manager he left after 18 games and has taken over the Championship team to the end of the season the manager has told press he is hoping to help them up the league and is aiming for promotion he told press this is strickly bisness and will be leaving at the end of the season he is hoping to help them this season and sign some new players.

MAN TO WHACH:

n_20091124154700_el_real_madrid_sigue_a_sergio_canales_el_nuevo_julen_guerrero.jpg

the 18 year old is linked with everton

The last time the manger was here he signed Sergio Canales for 400k and he is now linked with a move to Everton for 7.5m the manager has told press he has promotion to talk to the Premiaship team but will not leave for less then 7.5m

lobbc.gif

Garth Crooks caught up with Middlesbrough manager Patrick Coll to talk about the current season.

GC: Thanks for taking the time to talk to us today Patrick.

PC: No problem

GC: First of all, how do you think the season is going so far?

PC: Compared to last season, I think the campaign so far has been poor. Although we are still in the English Shield and only got beat 1-0 by a top EPL side in the Cup I'm disappointed.

GC: Why?

PC: Well, our main priority this season was to get automatic promotion especially with last season's great run. Currently we lie in 16th place and with our squad that isn't good enough.

GC:What is your aim for the season then?

PC: I still believe we can get promoted but via the play offs seems the most realistic aim. We have really improved of late and there are still many games to go. Like they say, the league is a marathon not a sprint.

GC: Do you expect any players to join or leave the club before the close season?

PC: Yes, we already have our eye on someone who hopefully we can bring in within the next few weeks. To buy we need to sell though so some players will have to leave aswell unfortunaly.

GC: Finally, what do you think of my new tie?

PC: Not very tasteful Garth, sorry.