Sign in to follow this  
J_B_K

Fifa 10 Info

Just saw this interview

Swiftly after the news that FIFA 10 will hit our shelves October 2nd, FIFA’s British producer David Rutter gave a wealth of information on the anticipated football title.

Speaking to CVG my name-sake mentioned that there are four things that he wanted to address from this decades final release were. The first was to remove all of the little frustrations such as; goalkeeping errors, trapping errors, some positional weirdness and the odd miss-pass. I am still waiting for a football title to get the goalkeepers just right. They’re normally either super-goalies that can save 98% of your shots, or thick idiots who run out at the wrong angle leaving the entire goal exposed. The second was ensuring that all the stuff that the community found important were addressed. Thirdly, and one thing that really excited me, is the dribbling – which now includes 360-degree dribbling. Before finally improving the already amazing Manager Mode.

More additions include; incorporating pass errors for poorer players, players under pressure will be more likely to have play a bad pass, defensive priorities and better one-on-one attributes for goalkeepers (making them more aggressive, making themselves bigger, scrambling back if chipped, etc). One of the final main additions that Rutter spoke of was the new ‘Create A Set Piece’ function which allows the player to create custom set pieces and assign them to d-pad for in game use.

Rutter also said that “70 percent of our effort this year went on refining the gameplay and responding to feedback. I’m proud to be able to say that, rather than 75 percent of our effort went on a marketing gimmick that nobody’s interested in,” which is great to hear from a developer that seems determined to improve the gaming experience for all of their consumers.

On a light-hearted note, Rutter mentions the change in FIFA online matches during the Champions League Final the year, “When the community guys were over in Vancouver it was during the Champions League final and we went from 40,000 people playing FIFA online to zero in the space of five minutes when the game kicked off. Then at half-time it went back up again to 20,000, then back down to zero for the second half and then back up again to 45,000 at the end of that match. So we have a TV in the office now so we can spot server outages, see who’s playing and where. ”

Guest Football8

Re: Fifa 10 Info

Hopefully the shooting will be better, you can barely have a good shot without going into the box and if you do shoot outside the box it goes over or bent. :)

FIFA_10_UK_Cover.jpg

New things:

* The wall defending against a free-kick can be moved using the shoulder button.

* Cross-field passes are now generally a lot more driven and will take about half the time to cross the pitch.

* Players can assign specific stadiums to specific clubs.

* On cold days, players' breath will be visible.

* There will be new crowd effects.

* There will be a new training mode, similar to the one in the PS2 version.

* There will 23 new celebrations; whether or not these are user-controlled remains to be seen.

* There will be a new Arena mode called 'Anything Goes', with up to four players able to play there at once.

* There will be a new gameplay-editing interface named "Custom Set Pieces" in which the player can manually assign the runs/movements of individual players within a set piece.

* More downloadable content will be available via the Playstation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace.

* The goal nets will be completely rewritten.

* The stadium lighting will be more realistic, but not dymanic (e.g. the sun will not move across the sky during matches).

Manager Mode:

* The transfer system will be more authentic, as money is not the monopolizing factor in acquiring a player. The acceptance of the offer will be based on factors such as the amount of players in your squad in the same position, and the promise of European competition outside of the domestic league. Furthermore, obtaining a player's services will be more realistically prolonged as the manager must deal with competition for the player by other clubs. Also, now you can submit bids in for several different players and if the club accepts, then you as the manager has the choice of approving the transfer. So for instance if you submited bids for 3 different strikers, and you only needed one, if the clubs of those 3 players accept the offers, you have the choice of choosing which of the players you actually want to have.

* The financial matters in the game will be based less on a team sponsor and primarily on the board of directors, who will provide two overall budgets: Wage budget (the amount of money provided every year for paying players) and Club budget (the money associated with buying and selling players as well as team improvements).

* There will be a Board Difficulty setting, in which players can decide how "generous" the board is financially.

* The Player Experience and Growth System has also dramatically changed. The manual XP growth from FIFA 08 and FIFA 09 have been abolished; player growth will now be determined by in-game performance, demands placed on the player, and achievements based on the player's particular position. There will also be three categories for gaining experience: Mental XP, Physical XP, and Skill XP. Younger players with higher potential will gain XP much faster (especially in Physical XP) and each player will have an individual growth point, which in turn promises more authentic gameplay.

* Results for simulated non-user matches will be more heavily based on team strength and not appear as "random" as has been the case in the past. This will result in more realism and eliminate instances from the previous title where stronger clubs were fighting relegation and clubs with weaker players were winning the league.

* Pre-season friendlies will be introduced to the next-gen versions of the game, which will be organized by the club's assistant manager for a chance to flatten out any wrinkles in a club's lineup before the domestic season begins.

* A Live Season feature has been implemented within Manager Mode. As players' forms rise and fall based on performance (within Manager Mode itself, not real-world events), players will receive a temporarily higher or lower rating along with temporarily higher or lower stats to implicate the authenticity of player form.

* Kit numbers can once again be edited.

* The fatigue of players will be more authentic and realistic, eliminating the problem in which lower-level teams suffer from incredibly low energy levels throughout a series of matches.

* The AI of other teams across the Manager Mode world has been improved significantly. Opposing clubs will rotate players more often based on factors such as fatigue, player form, and even the relative importance of a match (i.e the lineup for a top team in the early rounds of a domestic cup will consist of lower-level and younger players as opposed to a full-strength squad).

* Total Football Experience will be a new feature in which football news around the Manager Mode world will be visible, including player transfers, fixtures and results in foreign leagues.

* A new mode which has been revealed is the "Set-Piece Creator". Using this, runs can be assigned to specific players for different directions. It is not known yet wheather this will be available on online play, as revealed by producer David Rutter.

:)

Ille be getting Fifa 10 for my bday and proberly getting Cod 6 10 days before it when it comes out to be more precific' date='CANT WAIT FOR THEM!!!!:D[/quote']

Me too!

24th July!

That means my b-day is 24-7!

EDIT: Actually just fifa 09 for my new xbox.......

CD WOW! says 18th September while Wiki says 2nd October. Either way' date=' its there or thereabouts. Demo should be out soon.[/quote']

The new fifa games used to always be 30th of august, at least that's what '06, '07, and '08 were, but '09 was end of september thereabouts.

Guest Football8

The new fifa games used to always be 30th of august' date=' at least that's what '06, '07, and '08 were, but '09 was end of september thereabouts.[/quote']

Their usually out late September/early October where I live.

Can anybody give me more info on Xbox Live/Fifa can you create youre own Team and have diffierent User controlled players like Be a pro and have everybody Usercontrolled acept Keeper and have you got Leagues/Cups that you can be because When Fifa 10 Comes out ime on about Making a Team called SM F.C and have peaple who play SM in it i havent got Fifa 09 only Fifa 08 so i dont no.

Fifa10 comes out on the 2nd of October in the UK. :D There are many improvements to the game and it would be worth having a look on the EA Sports World site for a look at the improvements. Some of the improvements include the Russian league being added to management mode, defenders covering the gaping holes in your defence automatically, improved ball trapping from the players and goalkeepers reacting differently to situations (ie in a goalmouth scramble he might dive on top of the ball and swat the ball of the goaline if he is the last line of defence).

Fifa 10 is available on Pre-order in HMV in Galway for 52 euro on Ps3, launched on the 2nd of October. 52 euro is quite cheap for a new game on the Ps3 aswell. I got 09 on the first day it came out with my Ps3 on that day aswell so it will be nice to start off the annual purchase of the new Fifa games as I did on the Ps2. I have to say i'm looking forward most to the new leagues and new celebrations (hopefully you can control them as that was a huge success last year).

I would love to see the Argentinian league in Fifa but not sure about the Egyptian as their is no real point in having that as their will be very few people using Egyptian teams. I personally would love to see the Russian league added as I feel their would be a lot of the Russian teams used online eg Zenit, Cska Moscow, Spartak etc. Also I think they should add in the Ukrainian league to it as their is big teams and great players in that league, but if they don't add it they should put Dynamo Kyiv and Shaktar in the rest of the world.

Looking forward to getting it on the launch date. :)