Lucio or Carragher?

CalcioItalia

I have an option to buy either Lucio or Carragher, both will feature in my first team and the price is about the same. The problem is I don't know who to buy.

Lucio

- Just joined Inter, should be starter, but can never be certain

- Inter win definitely win Serie A

- Brazilian international and starter

Carragher

- English player, so rating will not drop

- Starts for club

- Hasn't won anything in ages

- Has quit from international duties

Thanks in advance.

Re: Lucio or Carragher?

I have an option to buy either Lucio or Carragher' date=' both will feature in my first team and the price is about the same. The problem is I don't know who to buy.

Lucio

- Just joined Inter, should be starter, but can never be certain

- Inter win definitely win Serie A

Carragher

- English player, so rating will not drop

- Starts for club

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

Even though i'm Liverpool fan, i think Lucio will be better buy than Carragher. Lucio will safe at 94 for longer time than Carragher because he's still play regular international football for Brazil. At Inter,i'm sure he'll be first choice because they need good defender who's good in air duel (Cordoba is good,but weak at air duel, Materazzi is tall but he's too slow). For Carragher, i think he's still safe for next 1-2 years but there's chance he'll rotated more this season with Agger and Skrtel

Interesting' date=' I always thought Agger and Skrtel will rotate between themselves, while Carragher is a dead certain starter. Admittedly, I don't follow EPL so closely.

Thanks for the comments. Lucio seems the preferred choice.[/quote']

Yeah,it's until last season. Honestly, i want to see Agger play more and Carragher need to be rotated and played at important games

I have an option to buy either Lucio or Carragher' date=' both will feature in my first team and the price is about the same. The problem is I don't know who to buy.

Lucio

- Just joined Inter, should be starter, but can never be certain - true

- Inter win definitely win Serie A - i wouldn't say that :P

Carragher

- English player, so rating will not drop what kind of rubbish is that ! english players don't drop is this another moan at SM for being bias towards the EPL ? if you really think that why don't you buy gary neville ?

- Starts for club

Thanks in advance.

overall i think lucio will keep his rating for longer if he starts for inter so go for him but don't say carrahgher wont drop because he is english that is rubbish

As a liverpool fan it hurts me to admit it but i think Carraghers Best days are certainly behind him. He was never the most gifted player but passion,comitment, drive, endevour, and will to win has made up for the lack of quality. Not to mention his leadership skills and technical understanding....

When I say his best is behind him, I don't mean he has lost it, I just mean I expect him to play a lesser role this year and he certainly wont improve, I think Agger and Maybe Benitez believe that. And this is why Agger agreed to sign the contract after being unsettled due to lack of games.

For me Carra is the liverpool captain. Gerard leads by example but Caragher is the one who directs and conducts on the pitch.

So Lucio All day! (unfortunatly) for the reasons you listed at the start apart from the English thing... That is nonsense

Interestingly, I do not believe that Carragher will be rotated with Agger or Skrtel. I hold the same viewpoint as the threadstarter that Agger and Skrtel will share their minutes and I follow the EPL closely.

He is by far the most experienced of the trio and the EPL is physically demanding. Carra is willing to throw his body on the line and he commands the backline. Agger and Skrtel will be outwitted by the menacing forwards if they were to partner each other at the moment but I do believe they would be the future of Liverpool in 2 years. The thing is with Hyypia gone, Agger and Skrtel will fight head-on for the remaining spot beside Carra.

I have facts to back me up that Carra will not see a huge drop in minutes. He played a total of 3400 minutes (based on the official Premier League) website over the course of last season. That means he only missed a total of 20 mins :eek:

With Liverpool looking to mount another title challenge, Benitez will not go back to the days of rotation and Carra is a safe bet to start whenever fit. He seemed to already realised that last season if you were to compare Carra's minutes of 2978 (06/07 season) and 3040 (07/08 season).

Lucio would stay at 94, considering that he won't be making any marked improvements. If Liverpool win the league next season, I think Carra will rise to 95. (exactly because he hasn't won in a long time)

Interestingly' date=' I do not believe that Carragher will be rotated with Agger or Skrtel. I hold the same viewpoint as the threadstarter that Agger and Skrtel will share their minutes and I follow the EPL closely.

He is by far the most experienced of the trio and the EPL is physically demanding. Carra is willing to throw his body on the line and he commands the backline. Agger and Skrtel will be outwitted by the menacing forwards if they were to partner each other at the moment but I do believe they would be the future of Liverpool in 2 years. The thing is with Hyypia gone, Agger and Skrtel will fight head-on for the remaining spot beside Carra.

I have facts to back me up that Carra will not see a huge drop in minutes. He played a total of 3400 minutes (based on the official Premier League) website over the course of last season. That means he only missed a total of 20 mins :eek:

With Liverpool looking to mount another title challenge, Benitez will not go back to the days of rotation and Carra is a safe bet to start whenever fit. He seemed to already realised that last season if you were to compare Carra's minutes of 2978 (06/07 season) and 3040 (07/08 season).

Lucio would stay at 94, considering that he won't be making any marked improvements. If Liverpool win the league next season, I think Carra will rise to 95. (exactly because he hasn't won in a long time)[/quote']

I hope your right!! Impressive stats.

I think chelsea will take some beating this year, but if liverpool do win the league, and, caragher plays the minutes, then YES he could get 95,For all three to happen i'd give 23/1.

On Skrtel, i think he's very carragher-esk, He is sure to take over the carragher (playing) role, if not the leadership. Incidently, I think there is an arguement that Carraghers leadership qualities and any other player with this ability does deserve an extra point from SM. If this did happen and he wins league, get mins, and get +1............. He should get to 96!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed, I'd still sway for lucio tho