PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

I'm not judging him already. Like I said' date=' I understand that he his young, that he is still at a learning level and his potential could lead him to be a rather successful player. The thing is Portuguese fans are very impatient (me included) and particularly those in Benfica, which is normal considering they aren't champions for 4 years now. Keirrison has been launched in the game always in the best circumstances: Benfica was playing in front of their fans (at home), the scoreline was already dilated in favour of Benfica... Basically no pressure for him at all. Yet he hasn't been able to minimally correspond. Benfica has 6 strikers as of date. Cardozo and Saviola are the undisputable starters and are forming a very interesting duo. Nuno Gomes and Weldon score whenever they are subbed in. Mantorras in one of Benfica fans idols and despite having a "wood leg" he still plays now and then. Should Keirrison keep his current form... even in Cup games he won't be a starter.[/quote']

Okay, I suppose that I, as a fan of a mid-table, second tier side don't have quite as high expectations for a new player to deliver instantaneously as those of Benfica fans (which is understandable, seeing as their side did used to rule Europe for a time). Again, I suppose that's the beauty of different cultures/different views cropping up once more, although, the word "beauty" may not be so apt in this instance.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread Like I use to do before every season, I will make a list about players that I think are worth to keep an eye on or to buy. I h

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Luis Pedro! How's he doing lads? :P

I have a West Ham team who are very interested in his next potential rating!

Like I pointed out somewhere, the 2nd Division is majorly underrated. So rating-wise don't expect anything from him, Spam. Luis Pedro is, as usual, playing as a starter in Freamunde. I'm 83% sure he would play well if he moved to the first division. I'm sure it won't take long though. Hertha Berlin tried to buy him this summer but he decided to stay in Freamunde because he said it was too soon in his career to leave Portugal. I'll eat my shoe if he isn't playing in the 1st Division next year ;).

And another thing! ...B)

Would I be terribly far out in suggesting that Ramires may be rated (GASP! :eek:) 91 by the end of the season at Benfica?

How's he been doing this season? :D

Nope, not terribly far. Very close in fact. Regular for the Brazilian NT, starter in Benfica and scored 3 goals + 1 assistance since the beginning for the season. 90 for now, without a shadow of doubt, and 91 later is very probable too. Benfica will have to do well in Europa League though.

Nope' date=' not terribly far. Very close in fact. Regular for the Brazilian NT, starter in Benfica and scored 3 goals + 1 assistance since the beginning for the season. 90 for now, without a shadow of doubt, and 91 later is very probable too. Benfica will have to do well in Europa League though.[/quote']

Fantastic! :D Thanks again DP! I think Luis Pedro, Hulk, Ramires, Di Maria and Rolando will stay at Upton Park this season! ;)

Fantastic! :D Thanks again DP! I think Luis Pedro' date=' Hulk, Ramires, Di Maria and Rolando will stay at Upton Park this season! ;)[/quote']

Luis Pedro 78 --> 78

Hulk 88 --> 89/90

Ramires 89 --> 90

Di Maria 88 --> 89

Rolando 89 --> 90

What if they played in the same standards as they are now, but were rather in the Premier League (we discussed this yesterday ;))?

Luis Pedro 87/88

Hulk 94

Ramires 93/94

Di Maria 92

Rolando 93

Luis Pedro 78 --> 78

Hulk 88 --> 89/90

Ramires 89 --> 90

Di Maria 88 --> 89

Rolando 89 --> 90

What if they played in the same standards as they are now' date=' but were rather in the Premier League (we discussed this yesterday ;))?

Luis Pedro 87/88

Hulk 94

Ramires 93/94

Di Maria 92

Rolando 93[/quote']

Interesting you bring that up, because if Jack Wilshere played in Portugal he'd be rated 77 at best.

Those ratings you predicted for West Ham's finest wouldn't be far off I expect. Too bad massive bias towards Spanish and English teams exists in SM. :(

Just wondering when the Olhanense ratings are going to be done' date=' as i am wanting to know how a couple of them are getting on

Also is Tomas costa playing for them?[/quote']

Olhanense will be reviewed along with the other Portuguese teams in the Portuguese ratings change... :confused:

And Tomas Costa plays in Porto, not in Olhanense... And no, he isn't getting game time.

Ooooh' date=' Porto v Sporting tonight. Might check it out. DP, you gonna be watching? :P[/quote']

I watch all the games in our home, I'm a season ticket holder :). And we won 1-0 :D:cool:. Goal scored by the inevitable... FALCAO! This guy is huge. Missed a penalty though, but who cares. Oh and it was a hell of a hot match. 2 red cards shown aside from the penalty. Big headlines in the Portuguese press tomorrow I expect B).

I watch all the games in our home' date=' I'm a season ticket holder :). And we won 1-0 :D:cool:. Goal scored by the inevitable... FALCAO! This guy is huge. Missed a penalty though, but who cares. Oh and it was a hell of a hot match. 2 red cards shown aside from the penalty. Big headlines in the Portuguese press tomorrow I expect B).[/quote']

Well I was just being a sarccy git - I kinda guessed you'd give your right arm to be there! :P

Great start to the game and Porto were absolutely dominant. But the second half was a bit of a damp squib, especially after Polga was sent off - Sporting barely looked like scoring when they had eleven men, let alone when they only had 10 (and then 9!).

Re: PORTUGAL - 1st Division extensive thread

What do you think of Cardozo now? He's got 5 goals in 6 apps (i think). If he keeps that up till the rating changes do you think he could rise? I've been thinking about swapping him for defoe but not so sure after looking at his stats lol.

Cardozo should rise by 1' date=' I reckon. Top goalscorer in the Portuguese League, he is following the same route as Lisandro when he first got his 92 rating. The diferrence here is that Cardozo isn't playing Champions League football, so a 91 should do just fine.

Do you believe Keirrison will drop a point to 86 considering he has not featured much so far, & it looks very unlikely he'll play many games this season ?

GREAT THREAD by the way

Drop? Unlikely. He is going to stay. Check the previous page, I had a discussion over him a few days ago.

Well I was just being a sarccy git - I kinda guessed you'd give your right arm to be there!

Great start to the game and Porto were absolutely dominant. But the second half was a bit of a damp squib' date=' especially after Polga was sent off - Sporting barely looked like scoring when they had eleven men, let alone when they only had 10 (and then 9!).[/quote']

I understood it, I also took the opportunity to brag on my season ticket :P. And my right foot as well, if needed. B)

Yup, Hulk was phenomenal in the first quarter of the game. Eventually he faded out to return at his maximum in the second half again. Boy, what a hell he raised on Grimi :D.

Sporting can't play well for love nor money IMO. They are already 8 points away of the overwhelming Braga, who sits on top with 6 in 6 :eek:.

How long can Braga stay in 1st place' date=' surely it's only a matter of time before Benfica overtake them: is Javi Garcia playing well ?

Next fixture they will play against relegation contenders Setubal, so they should record another victory. So, until the next fixture they should stay in first. Then we'll see. But I've got to tell you, I am loving this Braga, even though they kicked us in the 5th fixture :o.

Yup, Javi Garcia should rise to 88. 89 with some luck.

hi DP, i'm reviewing player stats in portugal & just found a players rate that is confusing to me, hope you can help..

Evaldo at Braga has played all games so far this season and played 31 last season, yet SM have just docked him 4 points to 83 (on the 11th of September 09), do you know why he deserved a -4 rate a couple of month or so prior to the Portugal review ??

And they have his D.O.B wrong as well, it should be 18-3-82 not 4-1-83.

I'm confused :confused:

hi DP' date=' [/size']i'm reviewing player stats in portugal & just found a players rate that is confusing to me, hope you can help..

Evaldo at Braga has played all games so far this season and played 31 last season, yet SM have just docked him 4 points to 83 (on the 11th of September 09), do you know why he deserved a -4 rate a couple of month or so prior to the Portugal review ??

And they have his D.O.B wrong as well, it should be 18-3-82 not 4-1-83.

I'm confused :confused:

forget the above comment

MY MISTAKE, SEEMS I CAN'T MULTITASK :D:D