PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

What page are the rating changes on for the Portuguese league because i want to sign some 75 rated players that will hit 80+
3rd Post in this thread. :)

It isn't updated and honestly I don't think I'll have the time to do it in the near future. I'd recommend this site. The statistics for the Portuguese League come with great accuracy and you'll find what you're looking for.

Cheers.

DP' date=' where would you put Hulk's chances of rising to 91?[/quote']

Hi, im not DP but..

100% for a rise to 91, Despite not being at his best (off form just for a few games), he's still doing amazing.

Couldnt think of a better Right winger atm, over 20 goals this season.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disc

Some see Nani's style in him' date=' but personally, I don't think he'll get to Nani's level.

Next season will probably define his carreer.

I explain.

Right now Sporting is going trough a rough moment, the president quit and they don't even have a coach, they're being led by a director (former coach at Porto). And they have like 6 candidates to the president spot (honestly I lost count), and each has their coach (Rijkard, Van Basten, Domingos from Braga are some of them).

So, imo Salomão's future in the team will largely depend on who's the next coach.

If he does stay in the team AND gets playtime, I believe he has the potential to hit 88/89 as one of the best in the team. If he gets only bench time or gets loaned out to a smaller team he'll hardly go over 85/86.

BUT, with that said, I think you should keep him. Or if you sell, be sure to keep an eye on him ;)

Hope it helps.[/quote']

Thank you!!:) that was just what i wanted to know... i think i will keep in and hope he gets a place in the next season sporting's eleven :rolleyes:

Hi' date=' im not DP but..

100% for a rise to 91, Despite not being at his best (off form just for a few games), he's still doing amazing.

Couldnt think of a better Right winger atm, over 20 goals this season.[/quote']

Thanks, that's a pretty strong statement though, would you say Hulk is more likely to reach 91 than Varela 90?

Thanks' date=' that's a pretty strong statement though, would you say Hulk is more likely to reach 91 than Varela 90?[/quote']

Hmm, Both should definatly rise although i think SM Might be harsh and not give Varela a deserved rise.

I Know for a fact Hulk will rise, Varela should defo rise but as i said SM Are harsh at times.

Silvestre Valera should rise to 90.

Because he scored today? I don't think so. To be honest I think Varela is a 90-standard player' date=' but ever since he was injured in December his form hasn't been the same. Sure he scores the odd goal and grabs the regular assist, but he hasn't been as explosive as he used to be. Did he do enough to warrant a rise? No. Does his playing stand at a 90? Yes. We'll see how SM rates this one.

Thanks, that's a pretty strong statement though, would you say Hulk is more likely to reach 91 than Varela 90?

No-brainer. Hulk is at 100% for the 91 while Varela should be at the 50-60%

azevedo silvio (85) stay ' date=' rise , drop? THANKS!![/quote']

Rise. I'd say +2, but anything other than a rise would be a travesty.

Coentrao will rise 91??

I'd say 70%. He is clearly the best player in the team and a starter in the National Team, but Benfica is too far away from the first place in the Portuguese League to guarantee a safe rise. Their campaign in the Champions League fell short of expectations too.

I'd say 70%. He is clearly the best player in the team and a starter in the National Team' date=' but Benfica is too far away from the first place in the Portuguese League to guarantee a safe rise. Their campaign in the Champions League fell short of expectations too.[/quote']

Ok, thank you very much, then I would also point out another possible talent:

SALVIO, Eduardo 20years 87

(Excuse me for the English not perfect)(I'm Italian)

Roderick Miranda. Urgent help please' date=' what are his chances breaking in to the first team? Thanks.[/quote']

Err... 0%.

6 years contract and a 20-30 M buyout clause for Bruno Cesar as he sign's for Benfica.

Yeah, he was a good signing. Not too expensive either (5,5M). My guess is that Aimar will move to Argentina at the end of the season.

DP!

I did search, but the last post regarding Mati Fernandez was quite some time ago. I know he won't rise, but what are your thoughts regarding his performances this season? Is he playing as well as compared to his World Cup showings?

Thanks. And one more question, seeing how talented Carrico is, is there any bigger fish rumored to be sniffing around him? Not heard much transfer talk regarding Carrico.

DP!

I did search' date=' but the last post regarding Mati Fernandez was quite some time ago. I know he won't rise, but what are your thoughts regarding his performances this season? Is he playing as well as compared to his World Cup showings?

Thanks. And one more question, seeing how talented Carrico is, is there any bigger fish rumored to be sniffing around him? Not heard much transfer talk regarding Carrico.[/quote']

Mati Fernandez has been below par this season. I don't know if he'll continue his career in Europe.

Supposedly some mid-table English clubs are interested in Carrico, but I guess he is staying one more season.

Why is he that bad? :P

No. The problem is that Benfica rarely gives opportunities to their youth players. He should be sent out on loan next season.

Does anyone know something about Jose Luis Fernandez (Benfica)? Bought him after I heard he went to Europe' date=' but tbh don't know him at all.[/quote']

Apparently he's been doing some intense physical training to win some body mass. Anyway, he should rise to 84.