PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

There was a player added today, with the name of Fabio Faria (mentioned in the forum already I think) who I would like to recommend. He is already being closely followed by the likes of Porto and Benfica. He has played all games for overachieving Rio Ave so far, and as such he should rise from his current 75 rating to 80/81. Keep an eye on him as he is more than a mere money spinner.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

wow!

SM were quick to add Fabio Faria, I only sent the ticket yesterday afternoon, they emailed me saying he would be added in 48 hours.

And 75 was what i was hoping for :):)

-------

by the way DP what's happening with the Portugal national keepers ?

Patricio is rated the best yet Eduardo has been selected the last few games, and then there is Beto...has Queiroz decided that Eduardo is the best ?

And surely Eduardo should be rated higher than Patricio considering Ed has 7 international games and Pat has not played yet..

Eduardo 89/90

Patricio 88/89 ??

----------

Is Queiroz really capable of being a manager, maybe he's a great coach but unable to make the really tough decisions that a manager has to make...

wow!

SM were quick to add Fabio Faria' date='[/size'] I only sent the ticket yesterday afternoon, they emailed me saying he would be added in 48 hours.

And 75 was what i was hoping for :):)

-------

Yup, and he was added at a much lower rating than what we initaially thought :). Good for the business.

by the way DP what's happening with the Portugal national keepers ?

Patricio is rated the best yet Eduardo has been selected the last few games, and then there is Beto...has Queiroz decided that Eduardo is the best ?

Eduardo is the starter now, Beto is on the bench. Rui Patricio is in the transition fase between the U-21 and the main NT. I think that the best Portuguese goalkeeper in Portugal is Beto, but since he doesn't play as a starter (yet) in Porto, it is understandable that he isn't the starter.

And surely Eduardo should be rated higher than Patricio considering Ed has 7 international games and Pat has not played yet..

Eduardo 89/90

Patricio 88/89 ??

----------

Yup, I agree, but Patricio plays Champions League regularly (not this season, but still...) while Eduardo plays in Europa League. Besides, Sporting > Braga (not this season though). It is normal that Patricio is rated higher.

Is Queiroz really capable of being a manager, maybe he's a great coach but unable to make the really tough decisions that a manager has to make...

Yup, he hasn't the mental toughness to be a manager. He is good... under the wing of SAF.

Young Talents in Portugal (only 1 division and "small" teams):

- Fabio Faria, Rio Ave , 75 , 20 years old, CB/LB - scouting for all... (+6,+7)

- Fredy, Belenenses, 78 , 19 years old, Wing/Fwd - he play in wing/forward and was a very very interest player... (+3,+4, depending the results of Belensenses)

- Pouga, Leixoes, 79 , 23 years old, CF - good Forward and i will see in next's games (he is very agressive player, in first 26 minutes he have a 2 yellow cards; vs Benfica.) (+3)

- Joao Luiz, Maritimo, 82, 19 years old, DM - this is a 2 year in Maritimo and he is one of the best's DM in Portugal. (+1,+2,+3, because the bad campain of Maritimo this season)

- Joao Aurelio, Nacional, 76, 21 years old, CM(/Fwd(?!)) - he in last season play CM but he play in first team in Fwd, and in 2 two first's games scored 2 goals. (+4,+5)

- Ruben MICAEL, Nacional, 84, 23 years old, AM - for the coaches, in last season he is the revelation of portuguese league (he and HULK). For me the 2º best AM in Portugal (1º Aimar). (+3,+4)

- Castro, Olhanense, 78, 21 years old, DM/CM - in next changes +4,+5, probably.

- Ukra, Olhanense, 78, 21 years old, Wing/Fwd - all teams need a future wing like Ukra. (+5,+6)

- Zequinha, Olhanense, 77, 22 years old, Fwd - very tecnique player and another riser of Olhanense. (+3,+4, or more)

- Rabiola, Olhanense, 74, 20 years old, Fwd - very very good player, he is loan of Fc Porto like castro and ukra. (+7,+8)

- Andre Santos, União de Leiria, 74, 20 years old, CM/DM and RM - a very important player in União de Leiria, he is loan of Sporting. (+7,+8)

- Carlao, União de Leiria, 75, 23 years old, CF - fantastic striker 3 goals in 6 matches, and in Portugal the newspapper write when Carlao comig to Sporting in next season, a pre-contact with Sporting. In last season he scored 9 goals in 9 matches. (+7,+8,+9)

I accept opinions... :D

Young Talents in Portugal (only 1 division and "small" teams):

- Fabio Faria' date=' Rio Ave , [b']75[/b] , 20 years old, CB/LB - scouting for all... (+6,+7)

- Fredy, Belenenses, 78 , 19 years old, Wing/Fwd - he play in wing/forward and was a very very interest player... (+3,+4, depending the results of Belensenses)

- Pouga, Leixoes, 79 , 23 years old, CF - good Forward and i will see in next's games (he is very agressive player, in first 26 minutes he have a 2 yellow cards; vs Benfica.) (+3)

- Joao Luiz, Maritimo, 82, 19 years old, DM - this is a 2 year in Maritimo and he is one of the best's DM in Portugal. (+1,+2,+3, because the bad campain of Maritimo this season)

- Joao Aurelio, Nacional, 76, 21 years old, CM(/Fwd(?!)) - he in last season play CM but he play in first team in Fwd, and in 2 two first's games scored 2 goals. (+4,+5)

- Ruben MICAEL, Nacional, 84, 23 years old, AM - for the coaches, in last season he is the revelation of portuguese league (he and HULK). For me the 2º best AM in Portugal (1º Aimar). (+3,+4)

- Castro, Olhanense, 78, 21 years old, DM/CM - in next changes +4,+5, probably.

- Ukra, Olhanense, 78, 21 years old, Wing/Fwd - all teams need a future wing like Ukra. (+5,+6)

- Zequinha, Olhanense, 77, 22 years old, Fwd - very tecnique player and another riser of Olhanense. (+3,+4, or more)

- Rabiola, Olhanense, 74, 20 years old, Fwd - very very good player, he is loan of Fc Porto like castro and ukra. (+7,+8)

- Andre Santos, União de Leiria, 74, 20 years old, CM/DM and RM - a very important player in União de Leiria, he is loan of Sporting. (+7,+8)

- Carlao, União de Leiria, 75, 23 years old, CF - fantastic striker 3 goals in 6 matches, and in Portugal the newspapper write when Carlao comig to Sporting in next season, a pre-contact with Sporting. In last season he scored 9 goals in 9 matches. (+7,+8,+9)

I accept opinions... :D

First of all, I don't mean to be selfish, but if you want to make Portuguese predictions, create a thread of your own. Let's say my thread is 'rep hunting' forbidden and it's very sad of you to take advantage on the thread's popularity for your own gains. Also, it seems you don't have the right notion of how the ratings change works for non-major leagues. Let's start:

Fabio Faria: I agree here. His quality deserves to be rated equally to the time played, so an 81/82 is fine. If you check the posts above you'll see I discussed Fabio Faria with a fellow forumer already.

Fredy: Fredy is an 74, not a 78. He is still very young, and with Belenenses not performing brilliantly, nor with Fredy as a totalist, 82 or 83 seems too optimistic. 80 is fine for now, at most 81 and I think it is stretching to much already considering that it would overtake some established players in the Portuguese League that are more important in their teams than Fredy. Or if you prefer to compare him to similiar players, you'll see that Tiago Pinto, for example, only got 80 in the last ratings change. Fredy should be rated similarly. And I already did Belenenses in the main thread too.

Pouga: Could be, but still, with Leixoes fighting for remaining in the first division, I doubt he will get +3. And he isn't aggressive, your basing your opinion solely on that game against Benfica where, to put it simple, you were playing with 14 players.

João Luiz: +3 or +2? Why? Not even the slightest of chance. If he got an 85, players like Hugo Viana would have to be something like 90, or if he got an 84, players like his teammate Roberto Sousa would have to be something like 87.

João Aurelio: João Aurelio is a Fwd? Watch his games mate... Also, there is a thread on him already, done by Kieran and I spoke about him in the main thread too.

Ruben Micael: Yeah, right, suddenly Ruben Micael, who is an 84, would jump to 88 and become the highest rated player out of the 'big three'? Guess again. Eventually he could be, but not in one, and perhaps not even in two ratings changes. And I wrote about him too.

Elsewhere, I haven't done Olhanense and Leiria yet, due to lack of time, but Castro and Rabiola won't get that high, Ukra too, although he is the best in that trio, and Andre Santos was discussed in this thread somewhere already, and he isn't getting +7, and even less +8. As for Carlão, he scored 11 goals in 12 games this season, and no, he hasn't a pre-contract with Sporting, Sporting has a preference over him in case someone makes a bid on him. It means Sporting can match the bid, and then Carlão decides, which is quite different.

yes! Rabiola don't riser to +7/+8 because' date=' probably, Toy will play the next's games...[/quote']

WOW, you were able to reduce my comment into a sentence that contains probably the least important information of the whole post? Amazing. :rolleyes:

Because Benfica is being excelent!he scores many many goals!And have this players playng.when someone injury he pick the place.In my vision Fabio Coentrao is better than Di Maria.

8 Ramires

20 Di María

10 Aimar

Fábio Coentrão has 5 assists in 5 league sub apps for Benfica' date=' why isn't he getting starts yet? :confused:[/quote']

He really doesn't have a lot of space in the team. Di Maria and Ramires are in front of him now. He should get some more game time after the calendar starts to get tougher. He should start the next league fixture against Paços as Di Maria won't play after being called for the Argentinian NT.

I haven't done Olhanense

the best riser from Olhanense is going to be Hugo Ventura' date=' on loan fron Porto & has 6 caps for the u21's, rated 73 with SM value 192ks:

played 6 of 6, but only 494 mins because he was sent off in the 44th minute of his last game against Braga.

He was 1st choice and should continue to be the number 1 after serving the 3 match ban for a straight red card.

73 -->79/80

I'd also reccomend:

Sandro, should rise too 75 -->79/80, has started every game 540 mins.

Rabiola 74 -->79, has played every game 430 mins & scored 1 goal.

the best riser from Olhanense is going to be Hugo Ventura' date=' on loan fron Porto & has 6 caps for the u21's, rated 73 with SM value 192ks:

played 6 of 6, but only 494 mins because he was sent off in the 44th minute of his last game against Braga.

He was 1st choice and should continue to be the number 1 after serving the 3 match ban for a straight red card.

73 -->79/80

I'd also reccomend:

Sandro, should rise too 75 -->79/80, has started every game 540 mins.

Rabiola 74 -->79, has played every game 430 mins & scored 1 goal.

Yup, agreed, Ventura will hit 80, Rabiola should hit 78/79 and Sandro should rise to 81.

DP' date=' I notice Andre Marques was taken off at half-time in the game against Pacos, and has missed the two subsequent matches. Is he injured? (Surely it can't be due to Grimi's return? :confused:)[/quote']

Yup, injured, and he will miss the next match as well, maybe two. Probably he will only rise to 84 instead of my predicted 85 because of this.