PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

From the Europa league games I've watched Falcao is most definitely a poacher. Not downplaying him but that does appear to be his main strength.

If you think Suarez isn't better than Falcao then you really are deluded...

whys that? its just a case of personal opinion, i would personally prefer falcao

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

first, doesn't look logical for me compare players of different positions.

second, Falcao is as good as Nani, Valencia and Modric in their functions in the game. Falcao needs one chance to do two goals.

third, you compared just Falcao with Pato. Pato is probably better, not that much you claim. He is surrounded by better players, so that eclipses the strenghts of both leagues(comparing both stats). But Falcao right now is better than Gilardino, Vucinic, Totti, Adebayor, Lisandro. At least on the same level as Dzeko and Di Natale. Better than Rossi, Nilmar, Llorente and Cassano on the same level as Suarez, Cavani and Pazzini.

fourth, Falcao already proved he is a top striker last season. This year, Porto not won only the league, won the league for the biggest difference in the Portuguese history, not lost a game.. only three teams done that this century in Europe( and in world?!), won the Portuguese Super Cup, won the Portuguese Cup, won the Europa League, where were some sharks from better leagues. They used their best players there, but were knocked out like big people. Plays for the only team that won this century three big European trophies. Falcao broke a record that had 20 years( or near), scoring the highest amount of goals in an European competition. He scored more goals per game in Europa League than in the Portuguese league. The poor league that Portugal have, was the one that conquered more points per team in the UEFA ranking. Porto is the 8th high ranked team in the UEFA coefficients. Portugal next season will start near France in the coefs..

Yes, the Portuguese league can not be the best of Europe, but Porto are one of the best teams in Europe. Portuguese league can not have a lot of good teams, but at least have one thing that the English league( aka Forbes league) haven't. The clubs aren't from rich persons but are from the people in general (aka fans) and while that is I will be happy.

Btw, I am not worried because Falcao and Rolando haven't rise, I am more surprised than Coentrao is higher rated than Alvaro Pereira than other thing.

Falcao's awesome. No doubt. BUT some of the teams in portugal are absolute rubbish!

All but Sporting' date=' Porto and Benfica would be awful in EPL/Spain. No one can deny this.

Vitoria Guimaraes made it into Europe in Portugal, yet Liverpool didn't. Sporting CP made it into Champions League, yet Tottenham didn't. In Portugal you really are only playing against 3 teams, the rest are poo in comparison to the strongest leagues (where the 90+players generally play). My point is proven players, of international quality and reputation, are missing out on Europe in England. In Portugal even the terrible teams can scrape into some prestigous tournaments. While Tottenham had to beat Liverpool to Europe, Vitoria whatever its called had to beat the quality of Nacional in the league. What I'm saying is that an OK player will be banging the goals in the Portuguese league wheras in bigger leagues it is MUCH more difficult to do this. Especially in the big three teams who should batter everyone else really.

Falcao is a poacher.

Suarez is better than Falcao.

Now I've read everything... :rolleyes: Luckily these posts aren't going anywhere. They're staying here for posterity.

And just for the sake of it:

Hear it again; Falcao has proven himself in an awful league. People bang on about the Villareal game but how often will that happen in the future? Doing it once is not good enough, Wolves where the first team to beat United all season, beat Chelsea and beat Liverpool this season alone. But doing it consistently is the key. The first leg hammering was a one off-they couldn't repeat it at all in the second leg, losing that game.

Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world. And yes' date=' I do realize what's at stake in this sentence. We'll see if he "isn't on the same level as a lot of 92's out there" after he moves. I wonder what do the Portuguese teams still have to do in order to get a shred of decency in the ratings change...[/quote']

Read above-play against teams who are quality. It is easier to look good against the Portuguese teams. Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi get a goal a game in their leagues, Ronaldo did in England once. Put them in the Portuguese league and what would happen?

In the last 5 years (football changes a lot in this time) Italy has 2 winners, Spain 2 and UK 1. The final soon will obviously add 1 to UK/Spain. Lets look at the runners up; Germany 1 England 4. Portugal, simply put, in recent history is nowhere to be seen on the biggest stage.

In Spain, the national team stars play for Madrid/Barcelona generally. A few play for UK/Spainish teams-but all in the top teams.

Italy is the same, as is England. And Germany.

However, French, Dutch, PORTUGUESE, Brazlian, Argentinian (you get the point) national team stars all move to the top leagues. Away from thier home country. I think this suggests that the true stars of football will play abroad and IN A STRONGER LEAGUE. Players have LEFT THESE LEAGUES to play AT THE HIGHEST QUALITY. Simply put, if Falcao was really a 92+ player (91 is already a good rating) then he would be in a different league. If he maintains this form, then 92 is fine but to get 93 you have to play against good teams.

This is my view on the debate on Falcao.

Is Jose Luis Fernandez of Benfica worth keeping or should I cash in? Will he get more minutes next year? Does he have the potential to reach 88+?

He got just 83 minutes this whole season-he is not even remotely important IMO. He will never displace Javi Garcia, Airton, Aimar, etc.

Definate sell unfortunately;) there are MANY other players out there who have a much better chance of reaching 88, and soon, then him.

Oh and for a wide role, he has to replace Gaitan really. Not going to happen.

He got just 83 minutes this whole season-he is not even remotely important IMO. He will never displace Javi Garcia' date=' Airton, Aimar, etc.

Definate sell unfortunately;) there are MANY other players out there who have a much better chance of reaching 88, and soon, then him.[/quote']

This whole season? He only joined in January and signed a four and a half year deal - give him a chance to bed in. Given that Benfica probably won't be able to afford Salvio and that Aimar could be leaving, I expect he'll get more opportunities next season as a back-up to Gaitan. He won't reach 88 all too soon, but 86-87 should be within reach next year, I'd be keeping hold of him.

(Oh, and he's not going to displace players like Javi Garcia and Airton since they play different positions....)

I don't get all this debate about Falcao. Anybody who has watched him enough should know that he's a quality player. If you think the "poor" standard of league is the only reason he does so well, then you're kidding yourself. He scored a hatful of goals against some very good sides in Europe, like Villarreal and Spartak Moscow. These sides aren't mugs, and you should be able to judge a player's abilities based on a whole season's worth of matches against good opposition. There is no doubt in my mind that if he were playing for a top European side (not that Porto aren't a top European side, because they clearly are) like Barcelona or Real Madrid, then he'd be scoring even more prolifically there.

I don't get all this debate about Falcao. Anybody who has watched him enough should know that he's a quality player. If you think the "poor" standard of league is the only reason he does so well' date=' then you're kidding yourself. He scored a hatful of goals against some very good sides in Europe, like Villarreal and Spartak Moscow. These sides aren't mugs, and you should be able to judge a player's abilities based on a whole season's worth of matches against good opposition. There is no doubt in my mind that if he were playing for a top European side (not that Porto aren't a top European side, because they clearly are) like Barcelona or Real Madrid, then he'd be scoring even more prolifically there.[/quote']

there is the difference. i think he is a good player but i dont think SM can reward him with 91 yet.

he has the ability, but has he proved it on a big enough stage to get 92?

SM don't, i don't and many don't.

good player but SM is about stats, league caps and other such things.

there is the difference. i think he is a good player but i dont think SM can reward him with 91 yet.

he has the ability' date=' but has he proved it on a big enough stage to get 92?

SM don't, i don't and many don't.

good player but SM is about stats, league caps and other such things.[/quote']

Stats? Falcao's stats are more than good enough for a 92.

League caps? Lucho got a 93 in Portugal, surely the cap can't have dropped by 2 over a period where the league hasn't got significantly worse.

Stats? Falcao's stats are more than good enough for a 92.

League caps? Lucho got a 93 in Portugal' date=' surely the cap can't have dropped by 2 over a period where the league hasn't got significantly worse.[/quote']

SM has got significantly harsher though. so yeah, the league cap is worse. thats where your completely wrong. before people got 92 like huntelaar. suarez didnt for good reason.

so your point there is completely incorrect :) SM dont just give out the high ratings to teams in the weak leagues anymore.

show me how many players are 92 + without champions league experience in the lesser leagues outside of england, germany italy and spain.

SM has got significantly harsher though. so yeah' date=' the league cap is worse. thats where your completely wrong. before people got 92 like huntelaar. suarez didnt for good reason.

so your point there is completely incorrect :)[/quote']

That's the Dutch league, this is the Portuguese league. Suarez correctly didn't get 92 because he failed to perform in Europe. He scored for fun at Ajax playing minnows every week but once he came up against better opposition in Europe he didn't deliver. Falcao well, has done.

Saying SM have got harsher isn't really an argument is it? Falcao has scored more than enough goals to warrant a rise, it's just an incorrect decision by SM.

I don't get all this debate about Falcao. Anybody who has watched him enough should know that he's a quality player. If you think the "poor" standard of league is the only reason he does so well' date=' then you're kidding yourself. He scored a hatful of goals against some very good sides in Europe, like Villarreal and Spartak Moscow. These sides aren't mugs, and you should be able to judge a player's abilities based on a whole season's worth of matches against good opposition. There is no doubt in my mind that if he were playing for a top European side (not that Porto aren't a top European side, because they clearly are) like Barcelona or Real Madrid, then he'd be scoring even more prolifically there.[/quote']

Yes. The best teams he has played against are Villareal and Spartak. In a cup so not even consistently. Players in the big leagues play MUCH more against good teams. Spartak a big team? anyone who thinks so is just kidding themselves. They are quite big, but not giants like in EPL/Spain/Italy. FACT.

The "good opposition"cannot be found in Portugal. Name all the best players in Portugal outside of Benfica and FC Porto. Not too many. GOOD PLAYERS=GOOD LEAGUE. Portugal has few compared to biggest leagues. Suggests its not very good.

QUESTION; Why did Lucho Gonzalez move to Marseille?

ANSWER; He played in Champions League this season, Porto only had Europa League. He wanted to play on the biggest stage and Porto could not offer this.

Bosingwa moved for same reason. And Ronaldo. Nani. Anderson. Pepe. You get the point, they moved to be away from the poo that is Portugal.

That's the Dutch league' date=' this is the Portuguese league. Suarez correctly didn't get 92 because he failed to perform in Europe. He scored for fun at Ajax playing minnows every week but once he came up against better opposition in Europe he didn't deliver. Falcao well, has done.

Saying SM have got harsher isn't really an argument is it? Falcao has scored more than enough goals to warrant a rise, it's just an incorrect decision by SM.[/quote']

you didnt answer my question.

tell me the players in lesser leagues that got 92 without champions league experience.

in my opinion the entire portguese teams are pretty much minnows. apart from one or 2 they areally are.

and yes of course saying SM have got harsher is an argument.

rating system is harsher. its harder to get 92. falcao dosnt get 92.

makes perfect sense to me. explains perfectly why falcao dosnt deserve 92.

That's the Dutch league' date=' this is the Portuguese league. Suarez correctly didn't get 92 because he failed to perform in Europe. He scored for fun at Ajax playing minnows every week but once he came up against better opposition in Europe he didn't deliver. Falcao well, has done.

Saying SM have got harsher isn't really an argument is it? Falcao has scored more than enough goals to warrant a rise, it's just an incorrect decision by SM.[/quote']

No, Falcao is still playing minnows. Suarez made the step up. Falcao is a big fish in a little pond. Portuguese league is 5th (I think) in league rankings. It is worse than UK, Spain, Italy, Germany. League strength is generally determined by player quality.

If you were to name all the big name players in Portugal then you could do so very quickly. In England, Spain, Italy etc you would be here for a long time.

Look at teams below big three in Portugal-the teams that Falcao plays reguarly. Name one player there who could get into any team of quality. Look at Spain, UK etc teams outside of the big three and they have players who can cause problems for good teams-Portugal has awful ones.

My post before this one on the weakness of the Portugues league is also completely true.

I suspect that some people have Falcao in their teams and want him to rise;)

you didnt answer my question.

tell me the players in lesser leagues that got 92 without champions league experience.

in my opinion the entire portguese teams are pretty much minnows. apart from one or 2 they areally are.

and yes of course saying SM have got harsher is an argument.

rating system is harsher. its harder to get 92. falcao dosnt get 92.

makes perfect sense to me. explains perfectly why falcao dosnt deserve 92.

Just the year before, 09-10 season, Falcao had 4 goals in 7 games in the CL. Falcao's had 41 goals in 50 league games alone for Porto. Hulk's had 33 in 70. This is Hulk's first year at Porto in 3 seasons making double digit goals, the first two being 8 and 5. Falcao's done that for his last two, with ease. Falcao had 17 goals in the Europa League, Hulk had 5. Going by stats, which I'm guessing SM does for Portugal and almost every other league but the big 5, is it really fair at all that they're the same rank? It's not like Hulk's some big assisting player either.

No' date=' Falcao is still playing minnows. Suarez made the step up. Falcao is a big fish in a little pond. Portuguese league is 5th (I think) in league rankings. It is worse than UK, Spain, Italy, Germany. League strength is generally determined by player quality.

If you were to name all the big name players in Portugal then you could do so very quickly. In England, Spain, Italy etc you would be here for a long time.

Look at teams below big three in Portugal-the teams that Falcao plays reguarly. Name one player there who could get into any team of quality. Look at Spain, UK etc teams outside of the big three and they have players who can cause problems for good teams-Portugal has awful ones.

My post before this one on the weakness of the Portugues league is also completely true.

I suspect that some people have Falcao in their teams and want him to rise;)[/quote']

Portugal's a weak league? Being ranked 6th, jumping from 9th in one year? They're 3 places higher then Holland where Suarez got a 91, not too mention their coefficients are 11 1/2 points that separate Portugal and Holland. Exactly how is it right for them both to have a cap at 91 when Portugal's 2 points off from taking over France?

Yes. The best teams he has played against are Villareal and Spartak. In a cup so not even consistently. Players in the big leagues play MUCH more against good teams. Spartak a big team? anyone who thinks so is just kidding themselves. They are quite big' date=' but not giants like in EPL/Spain/Italy. FACT.

The "good opposition"cannot be found in Portugal. Name all the best players in Portugal outside of Benfica and FC Porto. Not too many. GOOD PLAYERS=GOOD LEAGUE. Portugal has few compared to biggest leagues. Suggests its not very good.

ANSWER; He played in Champions League this season, Porto only had Europa League. He wanted to play on the biggest stage and Porto could not offer this.

Bosingwa moved for same reason. And Ronaldo. Nani. Anderson. Pepe. You get the point, they moved to be away from the poo that is Portugal.[/quote']

I didn't call Spartak Moscow a "big team". FACT. I called them a very good side, which they are. Read a bit closer next time please.

I'm not arguing about the standard of the Portuguese league. I'm not arguing that the best players leave Portugal for bigger and better things, because they do. I'm arguing that Falcao is clearly a very good striker and that he is good enough to play at the highest level. Obviously he has to prove himself before we can judge him at that next level, but I can't see why anyone would not see him for who he is, and that is a top, top quality striker.

I've not even touched his SM rating, because it doesn't overly concern me. But Falcao has done more than enough to warrant 92, regardless of the standard of the Portuguese league. Portugal is the fifth strongest league according to the UEFA coefficients I believe (somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there), so I don't see why one of the top players in the division can't be rated appropriately. His achievements most definitely warrant it.

I suspect that some people have Falcao in their teams and want him to rise;)

I don't have him in any of my teams. ;)

cr71990 has made some brilliant points. He's basically saying that Porto are a selling club, which is true, but lets hope that changes this season.

Gizb also made a brilliant point about Falcao, saying that he has already proved in his first season that he is a top striker by scoring consistently in the league AND Champions League, but for them achievements, he did receive a +2 in rating to 91.

Now we have to judge him on this season, what has he achieved this season that he didn't last. Well, he's scored a tremendous amount of goals, in Europe, and in the league, like last season. So he has proven that he is consistent at national level.

Now for me, i feel he isn't a 92, is because of his international form. Lets be honest, it stinks. 3 goals in 2 years is just not enough, although its clear that Colombia are not able to play to his strengths, as they are just not equipped adequately.

Now we can all compare him to the other 92 rated strikers, and we can say some of the others aren't prolific internationally either. Lets have a look at the other 92 rated strikers, and see why they deserve to be rated 92, and Falcao doesn't.

Pato: Scores in a bigger league.

Lisandro: Already mentioned by rooneyisyummy, SM weren't as strict with their ratings, and also Porto were doing pretty well in the Champions League. Has also kept up his scoring in a bigger league.

Dzeko: Bigger league, International record, Champions League goals.

Gialrdino: Bigger league

Vucinic: Bigger league

Adebayor: Bigger league

Klose: International record, also plays in a bigger league.

Di Natale: Bigger league.

Totti: Seri A legend, bigger league.

All of the above deserve to be rated above Falcao in SM terms, you can't disagree.

However, if Falcao continues his form in the Champions League, and Porto progress pass the KO stages, he also continues scoring domestically, then theres no reason for him to stay at 91.

SM have got this one right.

I didn't call Spartak Moscow a "big team". FACT. I called them a very good side' date=' which they are. Read a bit closer next time please.

I'm not arguing about the standard of the Portuguese league. I'm not arguing that the best players leave Portugal for bigger and better things, because they do. I'm arguing that Falcao is clearly a very good striker and that he is good enough to play at the highest level. Obviously he has to prove himself before we can judge him at that next level, but I can't see why anyone would not see him for who he is, and that is a top, top quality striker.

I've not even touched his SM rating, because it doesn't overly concern me. But Falcao has done more than enough to warrant 92, regardless of the standard of the Portuguese league. Portugal is the fifth strongest league according to the UEFA coefficients I believe (somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there), so I don't see why one of the top players in the division can't be rated appropriately. His achievements most definitely warrant it.

I don't have him in any of my teams. ;)[/quote']

Read what I said if that isn't beyond you. Spartak are a "quite big team", but are not a giant. That is what I said. Someone is being very selective with what they read. Read closely next time and you may see what I'm getting at-Spartak are not even close the the bigger teams in Europe. Fact.

" I'm arguing that Falcao is clearly a very good striker and that he is good enough to play at the highest level. Obviously he has to prove himself"

Yes he does have to prove himself. Until he has done then it is purely SPECULATION how good you think he is and it is not a fact that he can play at the highest level. Facts are the most reliable thing to rely on, and at the moment it is not fact that he is a quality striker. He is 25 and if he is going to make the step up he better do so sooner rather than later or am I wrong?

Look at the teams in Portugal. They are his competition and those who stop him from scoring. That is why they are 5th-Falcao plays against poor teams. And even against these teams he has been playing there for only two seasons. Does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Pato, who has 4 YEARS!!!!! and is already in a big league to prove himself further. This is to people who compare him to Pato, not aimed at andyowls.

cr71990 has made some brilliant points. He's basically saying that Porto are a selling club' date=' which is true, but lets hope that changes this season.

[i']Gizb[/i] also made a brilliant point about Falcao, saying that he has already proved in his first season that he is a top striker by scoring consistently in the league AND Champions League, but for them achievements, he did receive a +2 in rating to 91.

Now we have to judge him on this season, what has he achieved this season that he didn't last. Well, he's scored a tremendous amount of goals, in Europe, and in the league, like last season. So he has proven that he is consistent at national level.

Now for me, i feel he isn't a 92, is because of his international form. Lets be honest, it stinks. 3 goals in 2 years is just not enough, although its clear that Colombia are not able to play to his strengths, as they are just not equipped adequately.

Now we can all compare him to the other 92 rated strikers, and we can say some of the others aren't prolific internationally either. Lets have a look at the other 92 rated strikers, and see why they deserve to be rated 92, and Falcao doesn't.

Pato: Scores in a bigger league.

Lisandro: Already mentioned by rooneyisyummy, SM weren't as strict with their ratings, and also Porto were doing pretty well in the Champions League. Has also kept up his scoring in a bigger league.

Dzeko: Bigger league, International record, Champions League goals.

Gialrdino: Bigger league

Vucinic: Bigger league

Adebayor: Bigger league

Klose: International record, also plays in a bigger league.

Di Natale: Bigger league.

Totti: Seri A legend, bigger league.

All of the above deserve to be rated above Falcao in SM terms, you can't disagree.

However, if Falcao continues his form in the Champions League, and Porto progress pass the KO stages, he also continues scoring domestically, then theres no reason for him to stay at 91.

SM have got this one right.

Sums up what I'm saying really. Falcao, Hulk are good players. But 91 is a good rating. I think the people saying he is fine at 91 are winning this argument clearly

Just the year before' date=' 09-10 season, Falcao had 4 goals in 7 games in the CL. Falcao's had 41 goals in 50 league games alone for Porto. Hulk's had 33 in 70. This is Hulk's first year at Porto in 3 seasons making double digit goals, the first two being 8 and 5. Falcao's done that for his last two, with ease. Falcao had 17 goals in the Europa League, Hulk had 5. Going by stats, which I'm guessing SM does for Portugal and almost every other league but the big 5, is it really fair at all that they're the same rank? It's not like Hulk's some big assisting player either.[/quote']

firstly can people try and actually debate this without saying " fact" and insulting one another. bit immature.

describing the league as " poo" is again, pretty pathetic.

anyway please be serious napolifan, i said champions league experiene.

7 games dosnt really do much especially when not even this year.

i was thinking of lyon as a lesser team but with ucl heritage.

you arent honestly telling me 7 games counts?

nobody has answered my point yet:

show me a stable and solid 92 who hasnt got champions league experience when they play for a lesser team.

beat around the bush as much as you want until you can answer that question he dosnt deserve 92 on SM.

After that last response, I think I'm just going to leave this argument - no offence cr71990, it's just not going anywhere. You say I'm being selective with what I read, when I could say the exact same thing to you. You're putting words in my mouth and your use of the word "fact", as if it's an argument-ender is rather insulting.

I remain confident of my opinion and I shall leave the test of time to prove my point. :)

ANSWER; He played in Champions League this season' date=' Porto only had Europa League. He wanted to play on the biggest stage and Porto could not offer this.[/quote']

Right. And I thought that Lucho Gonzalez left Porto two years ago. :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favour and do not speak of things of which you don't have a clue on what happened. He left because Marseille made us an offer which was simply unrefusable for a 29 years old football player. Yes, we lost our best player, but we also made a lot of money. It's not about our prestige nor the competitions we were in, since we were qualified for the CL.

Also, just for argument's sake, here's last year's best goal in the Champions league:

ZkvTGGarR_w

Good thing Porto actually participated in the competition, eh? ;)

It seems to me that people believe that Falcao started to bang them in this year. Dear forumers: it's his second season in Europe and he has scored more than 70 goals for Porto. 72 to be precise. And he must have missed two months of competition in injuries THIS SEASON ALONE. And spare yourself the trouble on the "low quality league" argument. We have a much better league than the Dutch, the Russians, the Ukrainians, the Turkish, and we're on par with the French. The only difference is that our football is broke so we have to focus on cheap South-American players. Fair enough, it actually adds a lot of technique to the Portuguese game.

Also' date=' just for argument's sake, here's last year's best goal in the Champions league:

We have a much better league than the Dutch, the Russians, the Ukrainians, the Turkish, and we're on par with the French. [/quote']

firstly, was this the year ronaldo knocked out porto with a stunning 40/50 yard shot ? thats the best goal / was voted too was it not ?

im probably wrong on this so not arguing just asking :P

and yeah if your on par with the french sums my previous point up nicely.

tell me any french player that got 92 with no real regular champions league games / appearances.

or plays for a team that isnt a champions league regular.

Just the year before' date=' 09-10 season, Falcao had 4 goals in 7 games in the CL. Falcao's had 41 goals in 50 league games alone for Porto. Hulk's had 33 in 70. This is Hulk's first year at Porto in 3 seasons making double digit goals, the first two being 8 and 5. Falcao's done that for his last two, with ease. Falcao had 17 goals in the Europa League, Hulk had 5. Going by stats, which I'm guessing SM does for Portugal and almost every other league but the big 5, is it really fair at all that they're the same rank? [b']It's not like Hulk's some big assisting player either.[/b]

Oi? 26 direct assists for goal this season. That's almost as much as Iniesta and Xavi combined and second in Europe only to Ozil (correct me if I'm wrong). Falcao and Hulk have scored more than 50% of all our 145 goals this season (Yep, I repeat, 145 goals, second to Barça and Madrid). Not bad whilst playing among poo.

Oi? 26 direct assists for goal this season. That's almost as much as Iniesta and Xavi combined and second in Europe only to Ozil (correct me if I'm wrong). Falcao and Hulk have scored more than 50% of all our 145 goals this season (Yep' date=' I repeat, 145 goals, second to Barça and Madrid).[/quote']

Obviously Soccernet sucks then. :o

Sorry about that then.

firstly' date=' was this the year ronaldo knocked out porto with a stunning 40/50 yard shot ? thats the best goal / was voted too was it not ?

im probably wrong on this so not arguing just asking :P

and yeah if your on par with the french sums my previous point up nicely.

tell me any french player that got 92 with no real regular champions league games / appearances.

or plays for a team that isnt a champions league regular.[/quote']

Aguero? Atletico's made CL 2 times in the 5 seasons he's been at Atletico, twice now finishing outside the top 6. And he's a 94 rated striker and people want him to stay or only drop to a 93? In fact, they haven't finished in an automatic qualifying spot since he's been there finishing 4th twice.