PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Anyway, just out of interest, Derby and Gizb, now that quite a few players will potentially leave the club, do you guys see any future at Porto for Rodriguez? What a wonderful player! Just such a shame he has been so injury prone. Always enjoyed watching him since his PSG days.

Anyway' date=' just out of interest, Derby and Gizb, now that quite a few players will potentially leave the club, do you guys see any future at Porto for Rodriguez? What a wonderful player! Just such a shame he has been so injury prone. Always enjoyed watching him since his PSG days.[/quote']

No, I don't think so. Rodriguez is an excellent player but I don't think he'll be able to grab a starting spot now that we added Djalma and Iturbe to our rooster. Perhaps if Hulk leaves... I doubt it, but even then we would probably get a strong replacement and Rodriguez would be back to square one. Besides, he's one of our top earners and he's on the last year of his contract. It makes perfect sense if he leaves the club this summer.

Porto won't lose all their stars.. at the maximum will lose 3/4 and by their release clauses' date=' not by less. We aren't obsessed with a need of money to sell them cheap.. we aren't like Benfica that in two years destroyed the team that won the league last year..[/quote']

It would take a mammoth of a fee for Hulk to leave, im sure Porto have paid something like 25m themselves to fully secure his signature, but honestly, losing Moutinho and Falcao would make a massive difference to your side, and theres not many players out there like the two.

Also what type of coach is Vitor Pereira?

No' date=' I don't think so. Rodriguez is an excellent player but I don't think he'll be able to grab a starting spot now that we added Djalma and Iturbe to our rooster. Perhaps if Hulk leaves... I doubt it, but even then we would probably get a strong replacement and Rodriguez would be back to square one. Besides, he's one of our top earners and he's on the last year of his contract. It makes perfect sense if he leaves the club this summer.[/quote']

Heard rumours that Rodriguez could be off to Malaga, also how good is djalma?

It would take a mammoth of a fee for Hulk to leave' date=' im sure Porto have paid something like 25m themselves to fully secure his signature, but honestly, losing Moutinho and Falcao would make a massive difference to your side, and theres not many players out there like the two.

Also what type of coach is Vitor Pereira?[/quote']

Would prefer sell Hulk for less and keep both.. as we have a lot of wide man and just Walter as forward and we not have any player with the same characteristics as Moutinho.

Honestly don't know what kind of manager is.. but I believe he will continue the same type of the game we have. He isn't new to the team, knows the players, the structure (he already was coach in our academies too), the league.. and I guess he was chosen to continue what was done as he was a very close man of Villas Boas.. at the start, people thought(at least I and a few friends) that who decided was him, as AVB asked him advices a lot of times before act..

VP, almost promoted Santa Clara to 1st Division twice.. :P

And he needs to work his press conferences.. :P is release clause is 18M€.. ;)

and I agree with DP on C.Rodriguez.. as Liverpool need a LM/W.. he would be a nice buy and cheap.. :|

It would take a mammoth of a fee for Hulk to leave' date='[b'] im sure Porto have paid something like 25m themselves to fully secure his signature[/b], but honestly, losing Moutinho and Falcao would make a massive difference to your side, and theres not many players out there like the two.

18,5M to be precise.

Also what type of coach is Vitor Pereira?

Honestly I don't know. He had a good season with second division side Santa Clara and he almost got them up, but regarding his experience as a manager that's about it. It's almost as inexpressive as AVB's 6 months with Académica. Hopefully he'll do well in Porto.

Heard rumours that Rodriguez could be off to Malaga' date=' also how good is djalma?[/quote']

Yeah, it might be true, but Rubin Kazan and Galatasaray have also expressed their interest. I think it's safe to assume that he won't stay in the club.

Djalma is good, trust me. He's like a clone of Varela, but somewhat more explosive and less of a finisher.

Would prefer sell Hulk for less and keep both.. as we have a lot of wide man and just Walter as forward and we not have any player with the same characteristics as Moutinho.

Honestly don't know what kind of manager is.. but I believe he will continue the same type of the game we have. He isn't new to the team' date=' knows the players, the structure (he already was coach in our academies too), the league.. and I guess he was chosen to continue what was done as he was a very close man of Villas Boas.. at the start, people thought(at least I and a few friends) that who decided was him, as AVB asked him advices a lot of times before act..

VP, almost promoted Santa Clara to 1st Division twice.. :P

And he needs to work his press conferences.. :P [b']is release clause is 18M€[/b].. ;)

and I agree with DP on C.Rodriguez.. as Liverpool need a LM/W.. he would be a nice buy and cheap.. :|

:D :D

I agree with you, the spine of your side you should keep, Falcao can get the goals for you, and Moutinho's tiredless running is also crucial.

And i remember rodriguez's beauty against man u :D

DP, what sort of price would you be happy with for Hulk?

:D :D

I agree with you' date=' the spine of your side you should keep, Falcao can get the goals for you, and Moutinho's tiredless running is also crucial.

And i remember rodriguez's beauty against man u :D

[b']DP, what sort of price would you be happy with for Hulk?[/b]

I'd be very happy if someone paid for his clause (100M). :D

Just kidding... :P Let's be realistic: we paid a total of 19M for 85% of his rights. He signed a new contract twice since he first arrived at Porto and he's currently our top earner. I'm guessing here, but in his 3 years at the club we must have spent 5M between wages, bonuses and signing fees.

Total cost: 24M.

I'd say 40M is a fair price for him. Since we have 85% of his rights, we'd get exactly 34M, which means a net profit of 10M, give or take. Quite poor when you remember that we profited 40% more with Cissokho's sale to Lyon. B)

I'd be very happy if someone paid for his clause (100M). :D

Just kidding... :P Let's be realistic: we paid a total of 19M for 85% of his rights. He signed a new contract twice since he first arrived at Porto and he's currently our top earner. I'm guessing here' date=' but in his 3 years at the club we must have spent 5M between wages, bonuses and signing fees.

Total cost: 24M.

I'd say 40M is a fair price for him. Since we have 85% of his rights, we'd get exactly 34M, which means a net profit of 10M, give or take. Quite poor when you remember that we profited 40% more with Cissokho's sale to Lyon. B)[/quote']

I think you should offer him to chity then:D Seems as though they've missed out on Sanchez, Hulk is a similar player to him.

DP,

with Braga moving on some of there star players, namely Silvio, Arthur and Rodriguez, i noticed two recruits in GK Tommaso Berni and RB Rodrigo Galo.

Who will be number 1 this season?

RB slot? Galo to take it?

also recruited Baiano from Pacos, Nuno Henrique from Feirense & Nuno Coelho from Sporting

any of these to slot into the first team? what do you see Braga's new lineup being?

DP' date='

with Braga moving on some of there star players, namely Silvio, Arthur and Rodriguez, i noticed two recruits in GK Tommaso Berni and RB Rodrigo Galo.

Who will be number 1 this season?

RB slot? Galo to take it?

also recruited Baiano from Pacos, Nuno Henrique from Feirense & Nuno Coelho from Sporting

any of these to slot into the first team? what do you see Braga's new lineup being?[/quote']

The way I see it, the new line up will be something like this:

Quim

Baiano Nuno Coelho Henrique Elderson

Alan Custodio H. Viana P. César

Zé Luis Lima

Note that Braga has a new manager so it's still a mystery what the new tactics will be and also, there will be a few more signings mainly defensive: new left back will be signed to play for the first XI and almost surely another centre back

The way I see it' date=' the new line up will be something like this:

Quim

Zé Luis Lima

Note that Braga has a new manager so it's still a mystery what the new tactics will be and also, there will be a few more signings mainly defensive: new left back will be signed to play for the first XI and almost surely another centre back[/quote']

It's official. Nuno Gomes will play in Braga next season

The way I see it' date=' the new line up will be something like this:

Quim

Zé Luis Lima

Note that Braga has a new manager so it's still a mystery what the new tactics will be and also, there will be a few more signings mainly defensive: new left back will be signed to play for the first XI and almost surely another centre back[/quote']

cool.cheers for the info.

Quim a new signing?

Hey Guys, can u guys help me with my Sporting Cp please. I have a lot of great players and I am having problem with the tactics, I don't know which player should make up the starting line up, and who should be the bench, and even what tactics shall I use. The players are: Casillas, S. Ramos, Dani Alves, Rafael Perreira, Vidic, Pique, Chielline, Hummels, Raphael V., Marcelo, Evra, Fabregas, Busquete, Khedira, Iniesta, Ozil, C. Ronaldo, Ribery, Di Maria, Pedro Rodriguez, Messi, Aguero, Pato, Ronaldinho, Benzema, and Azptcueleta. I am in the Portuguese Championship 139, please help me out, give me your opinion who should be the starter, bench, and what tactics should I use, thanks.

Hey Guys, can u guys help me with my Sporting Cp please. I have a lot of great players and I am having problem with the tactics, I don't know which player should make up the starting line up, and who should be the bench, and even what tactics shall I use. The players are: Casillas, S. Ramos, Dani Alves, Rafael Perreira, Vidic, Pique, Chielline, Hummels, Raphael V., Marcelo, Evra, Fabregas, Busquete, Khedira, Iniesta, Ozil, C. Ronaldo, Ribery, Di Maria, Pedro Rodriguez, Messi, Aguero, Pato, Ronaldinho, Benzema, and Azptcueleta. I am in the Portuguese Championship 139, please help me out, give me your opinion who should be the starter, bench, and what tactics should I use, thanks.

cool.cheers for the info.

Quim a new signing?

Quim was signed last season after Benfica not renewing his contract.

However, he got a nasty injury in the pre-season and didn't make any appearance (at least to my knowladge).

Quim was signed last season after Benfica not renewing his contract.

However' date=' he got a nasty injury in the pre-season and didn't make any appearance (at least to my knowladge).[/quote']

yeah coudnt see him even on the bench last season. whole season out.

Hi DP, with their new signings do you think Sporting CP can make a good challenge for the title next season and as such help Carrico to rise to 89?

Also, do you see Carrico making his NT debut anytime soon?

Thanks in advance.

Hi DP

Two quick questions I was hoping you'd help me with.

1) I see Alberto Rodriguez has moved to Sporting. Do you think he will get the same kind of game time and will he be likely to get his 89 that I thought he deserved at Braga?

2) Rodriguez's replacement at Braga. Is it likely to be Nuno Coehle or is there another defender waiting in the wings? Or is there even rumours of a central defender moving to Braga?

Is Moraes Artur likely to start now he's moved on to Benfica or will he just be a bench warmer?

Seeing that the alternative is Roberto I'd say that Artur is very likely to begin the season as a starter.

Hi DP' date=' with their new signings do you think Sporting CP can make a good challenge for the title next season and as such help Carrico to rise to 89?

Also, do you see Carrico making his NT debut anytime soon?

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

Definitely. Sporting should be much stronger this season. But then again, after finishing 36 points behind Porto how could they not. :D

They made some good signings in the form of Wolfswinkel, Schaars and Rinaudo, and I fully expect them to mount a title challenge, though Porto is still THE powerhouse.

Nope. Pepe + Carvalho + Alves + Rolando won't give a chance to Carrico. They are better and more experienced. Perhaps after the Euro 2012, when Alves hits his 30's and Carvalho retires from the NT.

Hi DP

Two quick questions I was hoping you'd help me with.

1) I see Alberto Rodriguez has moved to Sporting. Do you think he will get the same kind of game time and will he be likely to get his 89 that I thought he deserved at Braga?

2) Rodriguez's replacement at Braga. Is it likely to be Nuno Coehle or is there another defender waiting in the wings? Or is there even rumours of a central defender moving to Braga?

1) I don't think so. Rodriguez is short, meaning he won't play together with Carrico, otherwise it would be calling for an aerial suicide in the defence. However, Carrico won't go to the bench because of Rodriguez. He's the team's captain and a youth product, and we all know the impact this has nowadays. I'm almost positive sure that the starting pair will be Onyewu + Carrico. But Rodriguez should be able to retain his 88.

2) Nuno Coelho surely. They signed a Brazilian John Doe called Ewerton, but honestly I don't know if he's better than Coelho.

1) I don't think so. Rodriguez is short' date=' meaning he won't play together with Carrico, otherwise it would be calling for an aerial suicide in the defence. However, Carrico won't go to the bench because of Rodriguez. He's the team's captain and a youth product, and we all know the impact this has nowadays. I'm almost positive sure that the starting pair will be Onyewu + Carrico. But Rodriguez should be able to retain his 88.

2) Nuno Coelho surely. They signed a Brazilian John Doe called Ewerton, but honestly I don't know if he's better than Coelho.[/quote']

Thanks for that. I will watch with interest before deciding wheter or not Rodriguez is a keeper or not.

Ok great, he is available in a gameworld I'm in so I will be taking a gamble that he can play well at his new club.

Looks as though the Benfica fund will recieve around 4meuros from this deal, probably why their players leave for such a high fee, Coentrao, Luiz and Di Maria and Ramires all have left for around 100m euros. Huge amounts of profit there.

Looks as though the Benfica fund will recieve around 4meuros from this deal' date=' probably why their players leave for such a high fee, Coentrao, Luiz and Di Maria and Ramires all have left for around 100m euros. Huge amounts of [b']profit[/b] there.

LOL. :D

Those deals weren't as good as people might think they were. It's all about looking at the real numbers... I may write on this subject later, after Garay's transfer move to Portugal is disclosed.