PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

DP, can I know how much the percentage for falcao and belluschi to hit 90? btw, how are valeri and sidnei performing for their clubs?

Falcao has his 90 already guarenteed, and with him socring goals in both the domestic league, the Champions League and in the Colombia National Team, I don't discard an 91. Belluschi will rise to 90. Valeri is being used as a sub in the last minutes and Sidnei not even playing. Valeri will stay and Sidnei has an outside chance of dropping 1 ratings.

Falcao and Bellucshi probably riser to 90!!

Valeri probably stay in 88 and Sidnei in 87...

I already told you once NOT to answer the questions in this thread. Are you that bad reading?

Cant see the Benfica ratings' date=' how is Aimar playing, will he drop/rise?[/quote']

He was playing well, but I wasn't sure if it was enough for a rise. However he was called back to the Argentinian National Team now, so I think he will most likely rise to 91.

Hello' date=' great Portugese thread!

Was wondering your thoughts on Hugo Viana. I know you had him for a small rise in your predictions back at the beginning of September. Has he kept his form up this last month?[/quote']

Kept up, if not improved. He is immense for Braga. Plus, they are in 1st place. +1 or +2 coming his way.

Sup DP? :D I'm just curious to know whether any big Portuguese clubs (the Lisbon 3 for example) have enquired about Ruben Micael?

Won't be long before a big European club comes a knocking for him IMO, but what do you think?

Sup DP? :D I'm just curious to know whether any big Portuguese clubs (the Lisbon 3 for example) have enquired about Ruben Micael?

Won't be long before a big European club comes a knocking for him IMO' date=' but what do you think?[/quote']

Before I answer your question, the Lisbon what? Come again?

Before I answer your question' date=' the Lisbon what? Come again?[/quote']

Sorry 'bout that! I mean Belenenses (still thinking they're a big club, I tend to mix them up with Nacional :o), Benfica and Sporting... Sorry again, I tend to coin my own terms! :D

I've pretty much ruled Porto out of the running as I just couldn't imagine them turning to him.

Sorry 'bout that! I mean Belenenses (still thinking they're a big club' date=' I tend to mix them up with Nacional :o), Benfica and Sporting... Sorry again, I tend to coin my own terms! :D

I've pretty much ruled Porto out of the running as I just couldn't imagine them turning to him.[/quote']

You were implying that Porto belonged to Lisbon, am I right? Well, I really don't care for your Geography grades, but I do about your life: don't ever say that when you are in Porto. Let's just say that it would put your legs in jeopardy :P

Now off your question: three simple statements:

- It's just a matter of time before Ruben Micael plays for the National Team

- He won't stay in Nacional after this summer

- Most likely he will join Benfica or Porto, altough some clubs in Spain are also very interested.

You were implying that Porto belonged to Lisbon' date=' am I right? Well, I really don't care for your Geography grades, but I do about your life: don't ever say that when you are in Porto. Let's just say that it would put your legs in jeopardy :P

Now off your question: three simple statements:

- It's just a matter of time before Ruben Micael plays for the National Team

- He won't stay in Nacional after this summer

- Most likely he will join Benfica or Porto, altough some clubs in Spain are also very interested.[/quote']

SHHH! Trying to keep idiotic Geography error under wraps... No-one will ever know... :P

Thanks again! :D

Derby... Real solid thread.

RE: CRISTIAN RODRIGUEZ

Under the category of "90-Rating, We Hardly Knew Thee".....Can we officially write him off as a bench warmer now ? What the heck happened with this guy ?

Are his lack of performances all due to the knee injury or is it something more? I'm curious about his injury, too, if you have any insight there. Knee injuries (unlike hamstring or groin injuries) don't linger on. They are either serious in which case surgery is required or they're not serious in which case a week or two (tops) is the required rest. There's no middle ground. Hard to believe that his 3 sub performances in the league are just due to injury.

He wasn't in the Uruguay squad vs Ecuador over the weekend. We'll see about vs Argentina tonight...

And if it's his performance that is the issue, what do you think is lacking from his game this year?

Regarding his rating...Given everything, I can't see how a shot of +1 to 91 is even remotely in the cards. I would assume that his best case scenario right now seems to be stay @ 90 with an outside chance @ a drop to 89. Do you think I'm missing something with this conclusion?

As always, thanks...

Derby... Real solid thread.

RE: CRISTIAN RODRIGUEZ

Under the category of "90-Rating' date=' We Hardly Knew Thee".....Can we officially write him off as a bench warmer now ? What the heck happened with this guy ?

[b']Are his lack of performances all due to the knee injury or is it something more?[/b] I'm curious about his injury, too, if you have any insight there. Knee injuries (unlike hamstring or groin injuries) don't linger on. They are either serious in which case surgery is required or they're not serious in which case a week or two (tops) is the required rest. There's no middle ground. Hard to believe that his 3 sub performances in the league are just due to injury.

He wasn't in the Uruguay squad vs Ecuador over the weekend. We'll see about vs Argentina tonight...

And if it's his performance that is the issue, what do you think is lacking from his game this year?

Regarding his rating...Given everything, I can't see how a shot of +1 to 91 is even remotely in the cards. I would assume that his best case scenario right now seems to be stay @ 90 with an outside chance @ a drop to 89. Do you think I'm missing something with this conclusion?

As always, thanks...

It is due to an injury, and a real tricky one that has been holding him off for two months. Well, not exactly 2 months, he was injured for one month, and he made a couple of sub-appearances where although he notoriously lacked rhythm, he also showed he would soon be ready for competition and played well, even scoring one goal. The problem was that as soon as he started recovering, Uruguay's head coach called him back and there his injury aggravated further after a particular harsh tackle. I don't not know though where specifically is his injury. What I do know is that he is considered fit by the medical department to participate in Porto's next game, this meaning he is recovered now, hopefully.

A rise is very difficult now, not to say near impossible, but he is a very safe 90, no chance of dropping. After all, he is still a starter in Porto and Uruguay when fit. Provided he starts playing now, he will easily avoid a drop.

Thanks.

I read some of your thoughts on Varela. He really brings a completely different aspect to Porto's attack... Plays a lot physically bigger than he actually is. He and Cristian Rodriguez are so different in their styles of play.

100% agreed. I really don't know who I prefer, Varela or Rodriguez. Both are very different, but equally great. It will be only a matter of time before Varela is called to the National Team too. And it's taking too long already in my opinion.