PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Guys, please be careful with the rubbish you are spurting here. As a Porto fan I find it insulting to even put Atletico on the same level as us, let alone a notch above... We crushed them by 5-0 on the aggregate last time we played them, and they still had Aguero, Simao, etc.

Falcao definitely moved to a bigger and more competitive league, with a much more rewarding contract. But to a better team?? With better players around him??? LOL.

I think that this is not the best Atletico de Madrid and Porto is a team that is rising more each season but I´d prefer to go to Madrid.

Why? Because the level between Portuguese League and Liga BBVA is very interesting :D

Why? Because the new Atletico will be , I´m sure, better when Aguero was in the team.

I don´t understand how Reyes is not playing with Spain.

Arda Turan is the best player of Turkey. I hope much from him..

Diego is near to sign and this player is the key,THE KEY for Atletico de Madrid.

This football player,if he plays like he played in Werder Bremen,with Radamel are the keys for CL or why not? Something else..

Why?

Joel

Silvio-Dominguez-Godin-Filipe Luis

Mario Suarez

Tiago-Diego

Reyes-Falcao-Arda Turan

And,in the bench there are some players like Diego Forlán,the best player of the last World Cup and twice Golden Boot; or Salvio,the own Porto was interested in this player and he was one of the surprises of the last Portuguese League.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I think that this is not the best Atletico de Madrid and Porto is a team that is rising more each season but I´d prefer to go to Madrid.

Why? Because the level between Portuguese League and Liga BBVA is very interesting :D

Why? Because the new Atletico will be ' date=' I´m sure, better when Aguero was in the team.

I don´t understand how Reyes is not playing with Spain.

Arda Turan is the best player of Turkey. I hope much from him..

Diego is near to sign and this player is the key,THE KEY for Atletico de Madrid.

This football player,if he plays like he played in Werder Bremen,with Radamel are the keys for CL or why not? Something else..

Why?

Joel

Silvio-Dominguez-Godin-Filipe Luis

Mario Suarez

Tiago-Diego

Reyes-Falcao-Arda Turan

And,in the bench there are some players like Diego Forlán,the best player of the last World Cup and twice Golden Boot; or Salvio,the own Porto was interested in this player and he was one of the surprises of the last Portuguese League.[/quote']

Why go to Madrid, he would win more at Porto...

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

And supposedly we offered 19M...

Anything could happen..:D

Seriously though just look at the difference between players values now and say three seasons ago, where Inter would probably be looking for buyers themselves, but now clubs are able to hang on to their stars, and now you're having to overpay. 12m for Danilo is a lot of money, and so is 19m for Damiao, i guess though if he settles in, you may well end of selling him for double that amount in a few seasons time.

Anything could happen..:D

Seriously though just look at the difference between players values now and say three seasons ago' date=' where Inter would probably be looking for buyers themselves, but now clubs are able to hang on to their stars, and now you're having to overpay. 12m for Danilo is a lot of money, and so is 19m for Damiao, i guess though if he settles in, you may well end of selling him for double that amount in a few seasons time.[/quote']

That's true. Pato was much younger and also more talented IMO, and he left Internacional for less than Damião will allegedly leave. Robinho had the exact same hype as Neymar back in his Brazilian days, yet the latter should leave Santos for twice the original amount of Robinho. Brazilian quality used to be much cheaper... It's amazing how Brazilian football evolved in just a decade.

I'm from Brazil and work in a famous soccer newpaper and know lots of agents and players' date=' damião just left for a top 5 europe club... and at least 20M£[/quote']

Those are interesting news... I never expected him to join Porto in the first place though. We could buy five Falcaos for that price. :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/23/chelsea-bid-porto-alvaro-pereira

Any truth in this DP? The Guardian are usually pretty reliable when it comes to transfers in all honesty,if so do you expect him to be sold and if so will Alex Sandro become the starter or another left back be brought?.

Any truth in this DP? The Guardian are usually pretty reliable when it comes to transfers in all honesty' date='if so do you expect him to be sold and if so will Alex Sandro become the starter or another left back be brought?.[/quote']

It was reported on skysports news very early today so it could be.

Any truth in this DP? The Guardian are usually pretty reliable when it comes to transfers in all honesty' date='if so do you expect him to be sold and if so will Alex Sandro become the starter or another left back be brought?.[/quote']

Yes, we're negotiating with Chelsea. We want the buy-out fee (£26M) but Chelsea is not willing to match it...

No extra left-back will come. Fucile will be employed as a LB (as he is now), and Alex Sandro will be integrated in time.

Hi DerbyPower. I'm sorry I don't know your name.

Anyhoo, it's only 2 games into the season. Is their any team that hits you so far as someone who may break into the top 4 or 5 clubs. Any surprise team with quality in the ranks. It's a long hard season, so predictions may come well off. :) Any future success story, or one to look out for?

Hi DerbyPower. I'm sorry I don't know your name.

Anyhoo' date=' it's only 2 games into the season. Is their any team that hits you so far as someone who may break into the top 4 or 5 clubs. Any surprise team with quality in the ranks. It's a long hard season, so predictions may come well off. :) Any future success storey?[/quote']

Names are very powerful. If I said my name was Cristiano Ronaldo, would you believe it? :P

Nope, not really. This year it should be Porto and Benfica all the way. Braga is much weaker compared to last season, Sporting made 101 signings yet they fail in simple processes such as passing and scoring, Guimarães and Nacional are average at best, and all the rest is cannon fodder.

As for players I'd recommend you to keep an eye on James (Porto), Nolito (Benfica) Rubio (Sporting), Pizzi (Braga), N'Diaye (Guimarães) and Caetano (Paços de Ferreira). I'm backing these youngsters to do well this season, and all of them are low rated.

Names are very powerful. If I said my name was Cristiano Ronaldo' date=' would you believe it? :P

Nope, not really. This year it should be Porto and Benfica all the way. Braga is much weaker compared to last season, Sporting made 101 signings yet they fail in simple processes such as passing and scoring, Guimarães and Nacional are average at best, and all the rest is cannon fodder.

As for players I'd recommend you to keep an eye on James (Porto), Nolito (Benfica) Rubio (Sporting), Pizzi (Braga), N'Diaye (Guimarães) and Caetano (Paços de Ferreira). I'm backing these youngsters to do well this season, and all of them are low rated.[/quote']

Thanks. So it seems like it would be a safe bet on all 4 of the teams mentioned being in that top 4 spot.

101 signings. Maybe take the college class, 101 soccer business. The quality of persons coming in must exceed the quality of persons already forthwith at the club. Reap what you sow aye. :D

Thanks. So it seems like it would be a safe bet on all 4 of the teams mentioned being in that top 4 spot.

On a second thought let me correct myself: we might have a dark horse challenging for the European spots. I'm talking about Académica. Their manager is young and talented (used to play for Porto' date=' he was removed from SM's database two years ago) and their squad seems pretty decent. Their start to the season was the best in the last 50 years, that ought to tell you something. :)

101 signings. Maybe take the college class, 101 soccer business. The quality of persons coming in must exceed the quality of persons already forthwith at the club. Reap what you sow aye. :D

Err... Sure, I love you too. :P

On a second thought let me correct myself: we might have a dark horse challenging for the European spots. I'm talking about Académica. Their manager is young and talented (used to play for Porto' date=' he was removed from SM's database two years ago) and their squad seems pretty decent. Their start to the season was the best in the last 50 years, that ought to tell you something. :)

Err... Sure, I love you too. :P[/quote']

Pedro Emmanuel ? Featured in UCL, UEFA Cup, & Porto "hero" at Toyota Cup in my short memory.

Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Guys, you know some more detailed info on Pinheiro KLEBER (Porto)?

I boght him about a month ago, before he joined Porto, and now, with Falcao's department he seems to be 1st choice along with Hulk, am i right?

ALso how good is he? Could he become a vital player for Porto like Falcao was?

ty

Pedro Emmanuel ? Featured in UCL' date=' UEFA Cup, & Porto "hero" at Toyota Cup in my short memory.[/quote']

That is correct. Pedro Emanuel is showing some promising signs in his first steps on the managerial world.

That was fast' date=' Ruben Micael sent on loan to Zaragoza for a season![/quote']

It was predictable, Spanish media sources indicated that Zaragoza would be his destination as soon as he joined At. Madrid.

Guys' date=' you know some more detailed info on Pinheiro KLEBER (Porto)?

I boght him about a month ago, before he joined Porto, and now, with Falcao's department he seems to be 1st choice along with Hulk, am i right?

ALso how good is he? Could he become a vital player for Porto like Falcao was?

ty[/quote']

Kleber became first choice, yes. We might bring another forward to the squad, but for now Kleber starts up front. He is a very promising youngster, but he has a long way to go before he reaches Falcao's level. He is playing a bit like Lisandro when he joined at first.

Riferimento: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Kleber became first choice' date=' yes. We might bring another forward to the squad, but for now Kleber starts up front. He is a very promising youngster, but he has a long way to go before he reaches Falcao's level. He is playing a bit like Lisandro when he joined at first.[/quote']

SO you think he has Lisandros potential? (rating wise too i mean)

Re: Riferimento: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Th

SO you think he has Lisandros potential? (rating wise too i mean)

Lisandro was an unique player, but Kleber is much more close to his style of play than Falcao. As for the rating, we'll see. He hasn't been able to score any goal in his first three official matches, but I'm betting on a rise to 87 in the next ratings change. Whether he can reach 92 it's too soon to say.

DP' date='

Apologies if this has been mentioned but is Aimar starting for Benfica this season when hes fit? Also do you see him keeping his 90?

Thanks as always.[/quote']

Yes and yes.

Hi Derby' date=' can you say who will be Benfica's fir GK now? Eduardo? Artur is second and now famous Mika third GK? Am I right? :)[/quote']

Nope. Artur is the starter, and quite rightly let me add. He single-handedly saved Benfica from an embarrassment against Twente as I counted 4 (!) WORLD CLASS saves. Eduardo is the second choice and poor Mika will be a mere spectator the whole season, bar one or two cup games, unless he's sent out on loan. He should have never left Leiria this early.