PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I suspect this can be some sort of Vendetta because of the Vilas Boas issue. The thing is that apparently Porto told "Palito" that if Chelsea reached the 20m they would let him go' date=' which kinda made the player happy. Chelsea not only reached the 20m but exceeded that ammount and suddenly Porto said "Palito" worths no less than 25m.

My concern is that Palito feel this as a blow and that might risk his performances on the field, hopefully not.[/quote']

If he really wants to leave, he will have to keep playing like last season.. don't know why a player commits to a club with a release club.. and later wants to leave for an inferior price.. he should have thought twice before sign the contract. If he stays, was a shame that he wasn't used in the ESC..

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

If it weren't for Porto he'd still be rotting away in Romenia. He has no reason to let his game be affected. Mind you' date=' I do believe he will move to Chelsea today.[/quote']

Although I like your posts, I feel a little bit insulted by the last one. Alvaro is playing real football because while rotting in "Romenia", Alvaro learnt what Champions League is at Cluj, beating A.S. Roma and drawing with Chelsea.So he wasn`t so "unknown". CFR Cluj even has 25% from his next sale. Cheers!

If it weren't for Porto he'd still be rotting away in Romenia. He has no reason to let his game be affected. Mind you' date=' I do believe he will move to Chelsea today.[/quote']

Wrong!!

He was by far one of the best players from ROMANIA while he was at Cluj. I do have to agree that Porto helped him to get such a big international recognition , but it could have been other team too and even CFR played in Champions League .

Nice game today as Porto defeated Leiria with an impressive scoreline of 2-5. Kleber scored twice, well played for the lad. I think I got enough material to start doing some predictions but I won't rush it, seeing that the ratings change are still a couple of months away. So far I can point out 3 risers from Porto

James Rodriguez to 88

Kleber to 87

Souza to 87

Others may come in time.

I have a quick question on Nicolas Gaitan. I notice he comes off a lot' date=' but I would attribute that more to keeping him rested then him not playing very well. But how is he playing? :)[/quote']

He was Benfica's MVP last season along with Salvio, they both started to play at a high level from December/January onwards. This season he has shown glimpses of his ability (scored two great goals so far) but he is risking on the individualism a tad too much. He'll rise to 89 surely, and probably to 90 at the end of the season.

And what about Bruno Cesar of Benfica? I see he has 2 sub appearances and 2 goals' date=' is he playing well enough to warrant a starting place?

Cheers DP![/quote']

Yup, he had a slow start to the season, but he is impressing whenever he comes on. I reckon he should start a game soon. Let's see how he does then. I'm counting on a +1 for him.

Porto playing on a Wednesday when some players had played Internationals the day before' date=' and then playing again two days later. Any reason why?[/quote']

Our fixture was delayed due to out match against Barcelona. We didn't had a strike like La Liga did.

Meanwhile Porto won 3-0 against Setubal. Hulk was subbed in 20 minutes before the final whistle and still managed to grab two assists. He's a beast! James scored again and he might be pushing for the 89 in one jump, while Defour made a very good debut as a starter. Moutinho and Belluschi scored the other goals.

Yup Rubio came on just after half time at the weekend' date=' ar 75 rating definitely worth snapping up.[/quote']

That doesn't matter one bit really. He is worth buying because he played and scored in Libertadores for Colo-Colo and also due to his debut with the NT.

Hey DP' date=' you still haven't told me how Benfica didn't make a massive profit on Coentrao despite the huge transfer fee, i can remember us talking about it a few pages ago.[/quote']

I am not a benfica fan but i think t was because benfica gad previously sold a percentage of his rights (30 to 40% as i recall) to an investment fund as part of a financing strattegy. So, now, that percentage of his transfer fee went to that investment fund. But wait for a benfica fan to he will know better ant there are a lot of them in Portugal ;)

Hey DP' date=' you still haven't told me how Benfica didn't make a massive profit on Coentrao despite the huge transfer fee, i can remember us talking about it a few pages ago.[/quote']
I am not a benfica fan but i think t was because benfica gad previously sold a percentage of his rights (30 to 40% as i recall) to an investment fund as part of a financing strattegy. So' date=' now, that percentage of his transfer fee went to that investment fund. But wait for a benfica fan to he will know better ant there are a lot of them in Portugal ;)[/quote']

The investment fund had 20% of Coentrao's rights. 5% went to Rio Ave (FIFA's solidarity mechanism), and an extra 5% were paid to Mr. Jorge Mendes for intermediating the deal. But 70% of 30M€ is still good for a full-back, right? Well... Add 50% of Garay's rights for 5,5M€ to the deal. Real Madrid paying 30M€ is just an excuse for Benfica being able to say that Coentrao's buy-out clause was matched. :rolleyes: But after looking closely, things aren't so crystal clear. For instance, why wasn't Garay included in the deal straight away? 24,5M€ + 50% of Garay's rights was the outcome anyway... BUT! The fees for the investment fund and Jorge Mendes would be lower. ;) 30M€ is the easiest way to look at it. Benfica's chariman just can't stand that we always manage to sell our players for real huge fees. B)

That doesn't matter one bit really. He is worth buying because he played and scored in Libertadores for Colo-Colo and also due to his debut with the NT.

Of course it matters, the more he plays the more chance of him getting more higher rating in the future, whereas if he doesn't even come on off the bench at all then its not so good.

Let me just clarify this.

Carole and André Micael arrived to their new clubs in January and already played for Benfica and Olhanense' date=' but atm their raises will be specially due to what they done at their old teams this season. Carole would probably rise more cause Benfica is a big club. André Micael can reach 80 and Carole probably 81/82 like Derby Power already said.

Guilherme Marques is a great young talent of Braga and he is seen as a player with a big future at the club. He has already made some games and even scored an wonderfull goal agaisnt Setubal. He is a very talented player. However, he has much competition for his place in Braga, so its hard to get appearences. Yet i believe that it is possible for him to get a decent rise.

Rodrigues Zeca and specially Ruben Brigido are two young promising portuguese players that are getting lots of appearences at their clubs as starter or as sub. They will probably rise from 75 to 80. I already saw some games of Brigido and I rate him very highy, he can really become a very nice player.

Some other players that can rise at leat +3 are Diogo Amado, Manuel Curto, Rondon, Ricardo Batista and Mexer. [b']Also, Julio Aves (Rio Ave), a 19 years old player (brother of Bruno Alves from Zenit),[/b] seems to have gain his spot in Rio Ave´s midfield, but he wont probably get enough minutes till the end of the season to get a significant rise. Anyway you should keep an eye on him.

This guy moved on july to Atl.Madrid (2,5 millions) and the last day of transfers-market moved again to Besiktas (3,3 millions). He barely played at Rio Ave but i see he got apps with PortugalU20... Any opinion about this guy?

This guy moved on july to Atl.Madrid (2' date='5 millions) and the last day of transfers-market moved again to Besiktas (3,3 millions). He barely played at Rio Ave but i see he got apps with PortugalU20... Any opinion about this guy?[/quote']

He played a couple of games for Rio Ave and acted as a starter for the U-20s. Seemed like a decent player if you ask me... But honestly I think he's just another pawn in Jorge Mendes' chessboard. You know, Bebe-style.

Whats happened to Carlos Eduardo at Benfica, for sure to drop right?

Also is there any chance that João Pereira could get a 90 for Sporting, I was talking to my mate who's a Porto fan and he really likes him.

And is there any chance of Samsung Kayode getting minutes for Braga?

Thanks in advance :)