PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Whats happened to Carlos Eduardo at Benfica' date=' for sure to drop right?

Also is there any chance that João Pereira could get a 90 for Sporting, I was talking to my mate who's a Porto fan and he really likes him.

And is there any chance of Samsung Kayode getting minutes for Braga?

Thanks in advance :)[/quote']

Benfica's manager likes Artur better. And I agree, Artur is better than Eduardo. Since he lost his place both in a club and in the National team it seems obvious that he'll drop.

João Pereira is now the team's captain and he does play for the NT regularly now... I'm not sure what his rating will be. I think he should rise, but Sporting is usually reviewed in a poorly manner.

Kleber Pinheiro was injured last night against Zenit .

he will miss many games or what?

Just two weeks. Sadly he will not be able to play for Brazil, which would have been great for his rating.

So Kleber had 6 matches and 3 goals...and 3-1 in UCL or 2-1 don't remember exactly..will remain the first choice of porto and will get a +2/+3?But what's his potential?

and what about Schaars for Sporting?Is he safe?

Kleber is doing fine on his own but frankly Porto isn't playing very well at the moment' date=' at least not compared to our usual standard. He will remain the first choice even if he has a dip in form because the only alternative we have for his position in our 4-3-3 is Walter (Hulk is not an option as a CF). Kleber has the potential to easily achieve a ~20 goals milestone [b']in a weak season[/b]. That says how highly I regard him. As for his rating, he's very young and still relatively inexperienced when it comes to playing in the big stages or under pressure. 87 is good for now, and it could have been one point higher if he didn't miss his call to represent Brazil due to injury.

Schaars will stay as an 89. But he's doing well and could go further if Sporting qualifies for the CL.

I've started with the predictions. Here are the first five teams, the rest will come later:

1.1 – FC Porto

1.2 – Benfica

1.3 – Sporting CP

1.4 – Sporting de Braga

1.5 – Vitória de Guimarães

Don't bother checking the rest of the thread, it's not updated. And DON'T POST THERE.

Cheers.

Hi people what do you think about the predictions for the following Benfica players:

Ezequiel Garay - Will he move to 90?

Nicolas Gaitan - Will he move to 89/90?

Axel Witsel - Will he move to 90?

Not because i doubt on DerbyPower predictions because they are just fantastic & thanks for your wonderful work really appreciate :). Just to have other opinions as i dom't have so much money.

Hi people what do you think about the predictions for the following Benfica players:

Ezequiel Garay - Will he move to 90?

Nicolas Gaitan - Will he move to 89/90?

Axel Witsel - Will he move to 90?

Not because i doubt on DerbyPower predictions because they are just fantastic & thanks for your wonderful work really appreciate :). Just to have other opinions as i dom't have so much money.

Depnds all on how long the rating will be from now, say if tis next year summer, then for sure all three will rise, but if the ratings are as early as christmas, then i can only see Gaitan rising, in terms if SM though, all a good buys, especially Witsel, dynamic player, he's done really well for Benfica so far.

How likely is Javi Garcia to get his 90' date=' %-wise?[/quote']

I'd say it's 75% on the rise. Javi Garcia played the last two seasons as a starter and he is a key player in the squad this year as well. He never played for Spain, but consistency and Champions League football are enough for a rise. At least that's my point of view. :)

I'd say it's 75% on the rise. Javi Garcia played the last two seasons as a starter and he is a key player in the squad this year as well. He never played for Spain' date=' but consistency and Champions League football are enough for a rise. At least that's my point of view. :)[/quote']

Thanks man, that's good enough for me - I'm bringing him in!

What is your predictions on Guarin? Will he get 90 this season?

I don't know' date=' the competition for a place in the team is tough. Guarin will rise to 89 in the next ratings change and then either him, Belluschi or Defour will rise to 90. Odds are Guarin or Defour since they both start for their National Teams, although the Belgian hasn't featured as much for the club as the other two.

Can you update me on Miguel Lopes. You seemed to rate him highly in the past but is he now on the fringes? I notice he hasn't played any games as yet.

Any help appreciated

He won't play until January. It's best to offload him now.

Depnds all on how long the rating will be from now' date=' say if tis next year summer, then for sure all three will rise, but if the ratings are as early as christmas, then i can only see Gaitan rising, in terms if SM though, all a good buys, especially Witsel, dynamic player, he's done really well for Benfica so far.[/quote']

Thanks A.2.R IMO the next review will be in the end of November. So this time i will get Gaitan rising.

On another note guys, ive done an INTENSE research thread on Slovenia in an effort to get SM to look at minor leagues.

take a look : http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=102975

i just need help in 'self-updating' the squads with transfers (via in game edit), adding new players etc (part 2 & 3 of the thread, scroll down a bit)

any one helping would be great!

il move onto Slovakia next..

Three new teams completed: Académica, Olhanense and Leiria. I think SM will review Portugal next month, so keep an eye on that. Progress so far:

1.1 – FC Porto

1.2 – Benfica

1.3 – Sporting CP

1.4 – Sporting de Braga

1.6 – Académica

1.7 – Olhanense

1.8 – União de Leiria

Don't bother checking the rest of the thread, it's not updated. And DON'T POST THERE.

Cheers.

Great work DP' date=' cheers.

Just one thing, seen you made quite a few predictions to 81, rarely seen a player rise to 81, imo it's either 80 or 82, what do you think?[/quote']

It's indecision speaking I guess. :D I'll explain: the players who rise from the 70's region up to 82 are usually playing their trade in mid-table teams from France, Germany, Italy... These are considerably stronger leagues than the Portuguese. On the other hand we're above the Turkish, Greek, Dutch, Ukrainian and Russian leagues, and these fall typically to the 78-80 mark. But I usually put two possibilities for the review, so I'm backing my predictions to be correct - mostly. :)

It's indecision speaking I guess. :D I'll explain: the players who rise from the 70's region up to 82 are usually playing their trade in mid-table teams from France' date=' Germany, Italy... These are considerably stronger leagues than the Portuguese. On the other hand we're above the Turkish, Greek, Dutch, Ukrainian and Russian leagues, and these fall typically to the 78-80 mark. But I usually put two possibilities for the review, so I'm backing my predictions to be correct - mostly. :)[/quote']

I know what you mean, but i've bought quite a lot of Turkish, Greek, Dutch, Ukrainian and Russian risers in the past, and rarely anyone has hit an 81 rating, it's either 80, or 82, so are you more confident of the player hitting 80 or 82 is what i really want to know, unless SM have suddenly adopted a new of of doing ratings. Hope you get what i'm trying to say.

I know what you mean' date=' but i've bought quite a lot of Turkish, Greek, Dutch, Ukrainian and Russian risers in the past, and rarely anyone has hit an 81 rating, it's either 80, or 82, so are you more confident of the player hitting 80 or 82 is what i really want to know, unless SM have suddenly adopted a new of of doing ratings. Hope you get what i'm trying to say.[/quote']

Sure, I understand you. My predictions are not written in stone anyway. I'm still doing a quick revision after completing all teams and I should change some of the ratings, specially considering there's still 6-7 games to be played by each team before the Portuguese review.

Sure' date=' I understand you. My predictions are not written in stone anyway. I'm still doing a quick revision after completing all teams and I should change some of the ratings, specially considering there's still 6-7 games to be played by each team before the Portuguese review.[/quote']

Aah ok, that makes a lot more sense :)

1.1 – FC Porto

1.2 – Benfica

1.3 – Sporting CP

1.4 – Sporting de Braga

1.6 – Académica

1.7 – Olhanense

1.8 – União de Leiria

1.9 – Paços de Ferreira

1.10 – Nacional da Madeira

Paços de Ferreira and Nacional completed. I will be able to get the predictions done before SM starts the review, which means I'll still have time to sweep through all the teams one more time. I'm positive sure I'll have to change a prediction or two in each of them. For example, Walter scored 5 goals in the last 2 matches but I wrote that he wouldn't rise. I expect the ratings to be scheduled around November/December and a lot will happen in the meantime.

hoe is rui patricio doing? and is there any chance ofhim rising? thanks

I don't believe he can rise. First of all, Patricio isn't a goalkeeper worthy of a 90. However, he has taken over the starting XI spot in the National team and Sporting seem to be improving a lot. In my opinion, if he rises, it can only happen in the end of the season.

P.S.: Hey there Derby! I'm back :P

I don't believe he can rise. First of all' date=' Patricio isn't a goalkeeper worthy of a 90. However, he has taken over the starting XI spot in the National team and Sporting seem to be improving a lot. In my opinion, if he rises, it can only happen in the end of the season.

P.S.: Hey there Derby! I'm back :P[/quote']

Good to see you back. ;) Feel free to answer any questi... oh wait, you already did that. :P And take a look at my predictions so far if you feel up to it, and maybe point out some mistakes. B)