Jump to content

PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread

emblema+do+Sporting.png

Sporting CP

Rui Patricio - 89 --> 89/90

Boeck - 83 --> 83

Tiago - 82 --> 82

Carrico - 88 --> 88

Polga - 88 --> 88

Rodriguez - 88 --> 89

Onyewu - 86 --> 87/88

Joao Pereira - 89 --> 89/90

Pereirinha - 85 --> 85

Arias - 78 --> 78

Evaldo - 88 --> 88

Insua - 88 --> 88/89

Rinaudo - 86 --> 88

Schaars - 89 --> 89/90

Andre Santos - 87 --> 87

Elias - 88 --> 89

Luis Aguiar - 87 --> 87

Matias Fernandez - 88 --> 88

Andre Martins - 75 --> 75

Izmailov - 88 --> 88

Diego Capel - 89 --> 89/90

Jeffren - 86 --> 87

Carrillo - 78 --> 83

Diego Rubio - 75 --> 80

Wolfswinkel - 87 --> 88/89

Bojinov - 87 --> 87

Last Updated: 1st October' date=' 2011[/b']

what say about santiago arias before portugal review. any possibility for rise?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

ok thanks for the info. do you know about maxi pereira from benfica? im thinking of selling him. do you think his rating might rise' date=' drop or stay? thanks[/quote']

He's staying, 90 is a good rating for him. Selling him or not it's up to you. It largely depends on your team.

what say about santiago arias before portugal review. any possibility for rise?

If the prediction you're quoting says he won't why are you asking? And no comments in the prediction thread please.

What are the chances of Garay eventually going back up to his 91 at Benfica?

He'll definitely go to 90 next. I suppose if Benfica win some silverware and Garay starts playing for Argentina again it might be possible. But it took ages for Luisão to reach 91 and he has about 50 caps for Brazil, so don't get your hopes up too early. I reckon Otamendi would reach 91 faster than Garay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

What rating will have Gaitan(88) 89 or 90?

Thanks :)

I think 89 is more likely (hence the 89/90 and not 90/89), but SM made Coentrao jump from 87 directly to 90 when he was at Benfica and they weren't as successful in the league and CL as they're being this year, so there's a possibility that Gaitan could reach 90 in one jump as well. I reckon it's up to generosity. I think Gaitan is playing at a 90 standard, so it would be deserved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Signed him up thinking he'd get about 80 but 82 as you say would be great. Just a moneymaker or worth hanging on to ?

I'd hold on to him. He's young and he can rise further even in Guimaraes. But don't forget that I'll change the predictions before the review takes place. Guimaraes look awful ATM and that may reflect in their ratings.

BTW, can you just delete the post you made in the other thread? There's no point in saying that it was moved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I think 89 is more likely (hence the 89/90 and not 90/89)' date=' but [b']SM made Coentrao jump from 87 directly to 90 when he was at Benfica and they weren't as successful in the league and CL as they're being this year,[/b] so there's a possibility that Gaitan could reach 90 in one jump as well. I reckon it's up to generosity. I think Gaitan is playing at a 90 standard, so it would be deserved.

Didn't his excellent WC have a part to play in that? :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Riferimento: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Th

I know Andre Santos has no chance to rise... Is worthy keeping him? Any chance for him to be starter again?

I wouldn't, and nope. He can't make a decent direct pass, unfortunately for him. But don't tell that to anyone, perhaps you can still make a good P/E deal. :P The starting trio will always be Rinaudo/Elias/Schaars or M. Fernandez whenever they are fit. He'll still make the odd appearance though, specially in Europa League since Elias wasn't eligible. He hasn't peaked, but I doubt he'll ever get a rating as high as Veloso's or Moutinho's when they where at Sporting. To sum up: I don't think you're holding a future 90 with this one. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

hey, just wondered when you'll publish your predictions for the lesser lights i.e Feirense, Gil Vicente etc....I have Mika, Ludovic, Hugo Vieira, Nuno Henrique, Andre Cunha and Ruben Ferreira. im hoping these guys will rise as they are all low rated and have played a number of minutes?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Anyone know how long Suarez Jeffren is out for? I checked TransferMarkt and it says 21/10/11, so i'm guessing he's still out and that was just the last game he missed or something..

Got excited when he signed from Barca as I thought he'd pick up some minutes and rise, but at the moment i'm assuming he'll stay?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

hey' date=' just wondered when you'll publish your predictions for the lesser lights i.e Feirense, Gil Vicente etc....I have Mika, Ludovic, Hugo Vieira, Nuno Henrique, Andre Cunha and Ruben Ferreira. im hoping these guys will rise as they are all low rated and have played a number of minutes?[/quote']

Done! I'm writing the second part of the thread now but feel free to check out the predictions for both of those teams. Don't forget I'm still making some minor changes in November.

Anyone know how long Suarez Jeffren is out for? I checked TransferMarkt and it says 21/10/11' date=' so i'm guessing he's still out and that was just the last game he missed or something..

Got excited when he signed from Barca as I thought he'd pick up some minutes and rise, but at the moment i'm assuming he'll stay?[/quote']

He should be ready to play next week. I predicted a rise for him at first but I think it's unlikely now... Let' see if he's rushed back into the XI or not. He and Capel are the starters when fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Cheers

So, i would like to discuss a few predictions of yours. Some are minor, unimportant things.

BENFICA

Capdevila - why not a direct drop to 88? :P

Rodrigo - rise to 85? he has been playing more, even has a CL starting XI match

Peixoto - "86 > 85/86" Is it even possible that he doesn't drop 2/3?

PORTO

except for Rolando's possible rise to 91, IMO you've got this one spot-on.

SPORTING

Andre Martins rises to 78/79 IMO, due to EL minutes.

BRAGA

I believe that it is time for Braga to get a general rise. Hell, they were finalists of the Europa League last season, and they are just 3 points away from the leaders of the current championship.

Nuno Gomes - rise to 87?

Alan - rise to 89?

Lima - needs to rise to 88 at least

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

hi guys, i have a gc team which includes both patrico 89rtd gk and arthur 87rtd gk.

your predictions reckon that arthur could get a plus +2. would you think patrico has a better chance to rise then stay?

i ask as i have a offer for patrico and i am tempted but worried about leaving myself short in goal

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

hi guys' date=' i have a gc team which includes both patrico 89rtd gk and arthur 87rtd gk.

your predictions reckon that arthur could get a plus +2. would you think patrico has a better chance to rise then stay?

i ask as i have a offer for patrico and i am tempted but worried about leaving myself short in goal[/quote']

I'd keep Patricio as he's now an established GK for both club and country and one the of the best young keepers around. If he keeps up his performance levels then I'd expect him to move on to a bigger club. Outside chance of rising to 90 as he's now Portugals first choice keeper, but he'll definitely be hitting and surpassing the 90 mark in the near future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

hi guys' date=' i have a gc team which includes both patrico 89rtd gk and arthur 87rtd gk.

your predictions reckon that arthur could get a plus +2. would you think patrico has a better chance to rise then stay?

i ask as i have a offer for patrico and i am tempted but worried about leaving myself short in goal[/quote']

I didn't make the predictions, but I hope you don't mind me giving my opinion, as a Portuguese football fanatic.

Look, Artur will reach 90 (at least) until the end of the season if he keeps playing like this. He has basically guaranteed already 5/6 Benfica wins this season.

Rui Patricio doesn't deserve a rise to 90. At all. But he can rise, because statiscally one could think he is a great GK and now starter of the Portugal NT. If the offer is slightly over his value, i would accept it, but only if you're sure you can get a better option. Because Patricio is a solid 89 and a good option to keep. I suggest you try to push the buyer to give you more $$.

I'd keep Patricio as he's now an established GK for both club and country and one the of the best young keepers around. If he keeps up his performance levels then I'd expect him to move on to a bigger club. Outside chance of rising to 90 as he's now Portugals first choice keeper' date=' but he'll definitely be hitting and surpassing the 90 mark in the near future.[/quote']

Patricio has been a "promising young talent" for 4/5 years now... Still, he remains in Sporting, and is as good as he was when he started playing. Now why would that be so? Because he isn't a talent. He is not even one of the best 8 goalkeepers of the portuguese league...

What will be Gaitan's rating next revaluation?

Read DerbyPower's topic on Benfica predictions.

IMO: He will rise to 89 with 60% chance, to 90 with a 40% chance. This time. Until the end of the season, if Benfica win trophies and do a good CL season, he should reach 91.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I didn't make the predictions' date=' but I hope you don't mind me giving my opinion, as a Benfica football fanatic.

Look, Artur will reach 90 (at least) until the end of the season if he keeps playing like this. He has basically guaranteed already 5/6 Benfica wins this season.

Rui Patricio doesn't deserve a rise to 90. At all. But he can rise, because [b']statiscally[/b] one could think he is a great GK and now starter of the Portugal NT. If the offer is slightly over his value, i would accept it, but only if you're sure you can get a better option. Because Patricio is a solid 89 and a good option to keep. I suggest you try to push the buyer to give you more $$.

Patricio has been a "promising young talent" for 4/5 years now... Still, he remains in Sporting, and is as good as he was when he started playing. Now why would that be so? Because he isn't a talent. He is not even one of the best 8 goalkeepers of the portuguese league...

Read DerbyPower's topic on Benfica predictions.

IMO: He will rise to 89 with 60% chance, to 90 with a 40% chance. This time. Until the end of the season, if Benfica win trophies and do a good CL season, he should reach 91.

Ah? You serious? Artur to 90 right now? Artur was probably the best buy of the summer.. because it allowed Benfica to play with a different tactic. They have the chance to play with a keeper on goal now... Suffering 1 goal/game isn't a very great record.. Obviously compared to Roberto he is better and is comparing with him that he looks a super keeper, but in fact imo he is not that great and I have doubts if he will get the 89 in one jump. Even more with no NT games..

and I am not seeing 4 keepers better than Patricio, let alone eight.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...