DerbyPower

PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

what do you think of Kleber at Porto? Is he the man to replace Falcao? I have him in a GC set up which is ultra competitive and I have a few offers for him

Keep him. He is not as good as Falcao (few are :o) but he can easily make it up to 90. He was called once again by Mano Menezes to represent Brazil.

Keep him. He is not as good as Falcao (few are :o) but he can easily make it up to 90. He was called once again by Mano Menezes to represent Brazil.

Is the Brazil under 21's or senior side?

Senior side' date=' of course.[/quote']

DP, ive seen your ratings on feirense, but id like to know in what order you'd put the following in order of quality & potential

Mika / Ludovic / Diego Cunha / Nuno Henrique.

see Ludovic got an U21 cap, he the better of the bunch? thanks

Derby, i think that you might want to re-think Otamendi's rise. He wasn't called up again, without any physical or personal issues. He might just be losing his XI spot to Mangala right?

DP' date=' ive seen your ratings on feirense, but id like to know in what order you'd put the following in order of quality & potential

Mika / Ludovic / Diego Cunha / Nuno Henrique.

see Ludovic got an U21 cap, he the better of the bunch? thanks[/quote']

Ludovic is probably the most talented. He used to play for Porto's youth side if I'm not mistaken. Nuno Henrique is also a good player, he signed for Braga but went to Feirense instead. But all in all they should be acquired on a buy-and-sell basis.

Derby' date=' i think that you might want to re-think Otamendi's rise. He wasn't called up again, without any physical or personal issues. He might just be losing his XI spot to Mangala right?[/quote']

He hasn't played much for Porto recently, whatever the odd reason. I'll wait for tonight's match. If he doesn't play then I'll have to rethink his prediction.

He hasn't played much for Porto recently' date=' whatever the odd reason. I'll wait for tonight's match. If he doesn't play then I'll have to rethink his prediction.[/quote']

I don't think you understood very well what I wrote ;) he wasn't even called up for the match, he won't play it for sure. And he isn't injured, conditioned or has any personal issue that stops him from playing. I would say he is now the 4th option for the centre :confused:

I don't think you understood very well what I wrote ;) he wasn't even called up for the match' date=' he won't play it for sure. And he isn't injured, conditioned or has any personal issue that stops him from playing. I would say he is now the 4th option for the centre :confused:[/quote']

Indeed. There must be a problem of some sort, he isn't the 4th option obviously. Even though Mangala is impressing, Otamendi would never fall behind Maicon. Hopefully he'll be back to it's best soon. However, if Mangala continues to start then he should be in for a rise instead of Otamendi.

Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

what do you think to this players? will rise?

PEREIRA, Álvaro

OTAMENDI, Nicolás

RODRIGUEZ, James

HULK, Givanildo

Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

what do you think to this players? will rise?

PEREIRA' date=' Álvaro

OTAMENDI, Nicolás

RODRIGUEZ, James

HULK, Givanildo[/quote']

Look at the rating predictions. There is even write up's on players like Rodriguez and even on this page were talking about Otamendi. Please read the thread.

EDIT: Why has Rodriguez been benched the last couple of games? I thought he was a starter.

Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

EDIT: Why has Rodriguez been benched the last couple of games? I thought he was a starter.

It's for rotation's sake. Not only that but our manager was very displeased about the draw with APOEL and he rotated five usual starters to show the team that there aren't any stars in the squad. I fully agree. Besides, Varela is also a good player. James should be starting again this week for the CL.

Thanks for the predictions Derby. Great work...Also I love your attention grabbing tactics of offering free beer. :D:p

EDIT: Alos have you finished part 2 or is it still being done? :)

Thanks for the predictions Derby. Great work...Also I love your attention grabbing tactics of offering free beer. :D:p

EDIT: Alos have you finished part 2 or is it still being done? :)

:D Thanks.

Nope' date=' it's done. I might update the risers section though, we never know what will happen until December.

Somebody know why Otamendi didn't play yesterday?

He's not injured, so it's probably a matter of options.

Re: Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

@ DerbyPower and PedroPt10: Junior Caiçara (Gil Vicente) and Ewerton (Braga): simply "easy money" or good players in the future?

Easy money, although I feel Ewerton is good enough to get higher than my predicted 83 in the future.

Re: Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Easy money' date=' although I feel Ewerton is good enough to get higher than my predicted 83 in the future.[/quote']

Nice thread mate, i had a look through the list and i manged to sign 2 of them off the list

Great work so far:)

@ DerbyPower and PedroPt10: Junior Caiçara (Gil Vicente) and Ewerton (Braga): simply "easy money" or good players in the future?

agree with DP. Caiçara should remain in the starting XI, and this should allow him to reach 82/83. Ewerton is surely a starter along the season as well, but obviously as he is in Braga this should bring him to an 86.

This only in perspective to this season. To be honest, I don't know them well, but I wouldn't trust in their long-term future. Easy money for now.

For the benefit of the thread, before bombarding DP with questions of "will XXXX rise or drop", click on the player ratings predictions below as puiblished by DP himself. It just saves endless posts and questions...most answers can probably be found by clicking on the relevant link to the team that the player you have a query about plays for. I've re-quoted this since the previous one has disappeared back by about 2 pages now, seems some people can't be bothered to scan back that many pages...so....

Table of Contents:

1. Individual Teams: Players current rating and new rating prediction:

1.1 – FC Porto

1.2 – Benfica

1.3 – Sporting CP

1.4 – Sporting de Braga

1.5 – Vitória de Guimarães

1.6 – Académica

1.7 – Olhanense

1.8 – União de Leiria

1.9 – Paços de Ferreira

1.10 – Nacional da Madeira