PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

For the benefit of the thread' date=' before bombarding DP with questions of "will XXXX rise or drop", click on the player ratings predictions below as puiblished by DP himself. It just saves endless posts and questions...most answers can probably be found by clicking on the relevant link to the team that the player you have a query about plays for. I've re-quoted this since the previous one has disappeared back by about 2 pages now, seems some people can't be bothered to scan back that many pages...so....[/quote']

The link to the main thread is in the first page of the thread. Not exactly hidden. :P

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

many thanks for the ratings i bought some mooney makers .One question i have only why hulk+1? porto really sucks in europe this year and probably they are out of ch. leaque .

Because statistical wise there are only two players in the world more influent than him regarding goals and assists this year. He's also better than other players who were 92 or 93 in the Portuguese League at some point (for example Bruno Alves or Quaresma). It's a pretty straightforward prediction, there is simply no excuse for Hulk not to rise.

There are other teams in the Champions League which aren't performing very well and their top players are still in for a rise. "effectively out" and "probably out" is quite different. Besides, I do not see why we are probably out of the Champions League seeing that we'll go through if we win the last two matches, one of them against Shakthar, which is in the worst position, and Zenit at home.

Because statistical wise there are only two players in the world more influent than him regarding goals and assists this year. He's also better than other players who were 92 or 93 in the Portuguese League at some point (for example Bruno Alves or Quaresma). It's a pretty straightforward prediction' date=' there is simply no excuse for Hulk not to rise.

There are other teams in the Champions League which aren't performing very well and their top players are still in for a rise. "effectively out" and "probably out" is quite different. Besides, I do not see why we are probably out of the Champions League [b']seeing that we'll go through if we win the last two matches, one of them against Shakthar, which is in the worst position, and Zenit at home[/b].

i see that you are confident :P you surely weren't part of the angry mob that "welcomed" the Porto team back home in the airport B)

playing like you did yesterday you surely won't beat zenit.. shakhtar could be different, i assume they are playing terribly, still, it's never easy to face them in Ukraine.

i see that you are confident :P you surely weren't part of the angry mob that "welcomed" the Porto team back home in the airport B)

playing like you did yesterday you surely won't beat zenit.. shakhtar could be different' date=' i assume they are playing terribly, still, it's never easy to face them in Ukraine.[/quote']

I expect the team to live up to it's reputation in order to get through. There's much at stake here, I'm sure the players will realize that. And there's a certain "mister" who won't be here when those games take place... I hope. :o

I expect the team to live up to it's reputation in order to get through. There's much at stake here' date=' I'm sure the players will realize that. And there's a certain "mister" who won't be here when those games take place... I hope. :o[/quote']

We'll see whether he'll be there or not. If Porto continues to win domestically, I have my doubts whether PC will fire him in the next times. And hey, there's always the Europa League again :P

baba diawara from maritimo how good he is?he has been linked with fereira and panathinaikos

Baba has already signed with Celtic, transfer to be completed in January for an undisclosed value. He has scored an impressive 6 goals in 9 matches and has his 85 rating guaranteed, might even rise to 86 with Maritimo's good domestic performance. I have my doubts whether he will do well in Celtic, but his rating is clearly tending to rise in the next seasons more than to drop.

P.S.: I understand why he was linked to Panathinaikos. Pana's logo and Celtic's logo are just about the same xD

Baba has already signed with Celtic' date=' transfer to be completed in January for an undisclosed value. He has scored an impressive 6 goals in 9 matches and has his 85 rating guaranteed, might even rise to 86 with Maritimo's good domestic performance. [b']I have my doubts whether he will do well in Celtic[/b], but his rating is clearly tending to rise in the next seasons more than to drop.

P.S.: I understand why he was linked to Panathinaikos. Pana's logo and Celtic's logo are just about the same xD

He will do amazingly well in Celtic. The SPL is even worse than the Portuguese League in terms of competitiveness. :eek::D

So with Porto being lacklustre in UCL' date=' am I right to assume Alvaro Pereira no riser?[/quote']

He's one of my biggest doubts. Last season he really deserved to be at least 92 (!). Then he won the Copa America in the summer which made me think he would surely get a +1. But now the team has performed way below-par in the CL, although Álvaro has recovered his form in the last couple of matches. I'd say it's 50/50 really.

He will do amazingly well in Celtic. The SPL is even worse than the Portuguese League in terms of competitiveness. :eek::D

We are offically the 5th best league in Europe, our teams are much better than the scottish teams, although we are probably in terms of competitiveness just as bad or worse than Scotland and Spain :P We've had ONE major winning team in the last 10 years, with exception for one great Benfica team (2009/10. i don't count 2004/05).

My doubts about Baba reflect more to him adapting to the scottish style. We'll see.

What is the real potential of Rodrigo (Benfica)? Could become a champion? He's spanish-brazilian: a new Thiago Alcantara? :)

Lol that is just about the one thing they have in common :P Seriously now' date=' Rodrigo has showed that he has potential to become a good player. While a few weeks ago he was on bench and barely was an option to come in, he is now nearly as important as the main forward, Cardozo, and even seems to be ahead of Saviola. For now that's it. In two months you can get better opinions about him because he has only played a few matches on the starting XI. But buy him if you can. He will surely reach 89 or so until the end of season/start of the new season.

What is the percentage that Axel Witsel and Gaitan have to rise to 90?

Benfica are doing great in both league & UCL

I didn't make the predictions, but IMO:

Witsel - 89 > 89 (60%), 89 > 90 (40%) - if he doesn't rise now, he will rise in the next changes.

Gaitan - 88 > 89 (50%), 88 > 90 (50%) - should go to 91 until the end of the season.

I really depends on SM's motivation to give high ratings to Portuguese teams. They're rather unstable.

I didn't make the predictions' date=' but IMO:

Witsel - 89 > 89 (60%), 89 > 90 (40%) - if he doesn't rise now, he will rise in the next changes.

Gaitan - 88 > 89 (50%), 88 > 90 (50%) - should go to 91 until the end of the season.

I really depends on SM's motivation to give high ratings to Portuguese teams. They're rather unstable.[/quote']

Witsel will rise to 90 (CL + NT) and Rodrigo will never make it to 89 at the end of the season. Maybe in three changes if he keeps starting and scoring.

I didn't make the predictions, but IMO:

I really depends on SM's motivation to give high ratings to Portuguese teams. They're rather unstable.

Thanks really helpful :)

Baba has already signed with Celtic' date=' transfer to be completed in January for an undisclosed value. He has scored an impressive 6 goals in 9 matches and has his 85 rating guaranteed, might even rise to 86 with Maritimo's good domestic performance. I have my doubts whether he will do well in Celtic, but his rating is clearly tending to rise in the next seasons more than to drop.

P.S.: I understand why he was linked to Panathinaikos. Pana's logo and Celtic's logo are just about the same xD[/quote']

I am sure he failed to get a work permit for Celtic in August and Celtic have another chance to get him in January.But I am not sure if They will follow up as they signed AIK's Bangura instead.

I have seen Andre Santos of Sporting is predicted to stay at 87.

How is his long term potential ? Should i keep him or sell him now ?

Will he ever reach 90 ?

Thanks for your help.

Somebody asked the same question a couple of days ago. Here:

I know Andre Santos has no chance to rise... Is worthy keeping him? Any chance for him to be starter again?
I wouldn't' date=' and nope. He can't make a decent direct pass, unfortunately for him. But don't tell that to anyone, perhaps you can still make a good P/E deal. :P The starting trio will always be Rinaudo/Elias/Schaars or M. Fernandez whenever they are fit. He'll still make the odd appearance though, specially in Europa League since Elias wasn't eligible. He hasn't peaked, but I doubt he'll ever get a rating as high as Veloso's or Moutinho's when they where at Sporting. To sum up: I don't think you're holding a future 90 with this one. ;)[/quote']
I am sure he failed to get a work permit for Celtic in August and Celtic have another chance to get him in January.But I am not sure if They will follow up as they signed AIK's Bangura instead.

Marítimo are doing great and Baba is the league's top scorer. I don't know if he'll join Celtic but he would be a great buy.

Ah man Porto scoreless draw. What's with Mangala preferred over Otamendi' date=' he fell out of favor?

I'm happy at least J. Rodrigues was back in the starting lineup and got a full minutes.[/quote']

Yes, Otamendi fell out of favour. Something must have happen at training because he is not injured. I've changed his prediction now, he won't rise obviously. Mangala, however, will have a +1 coming at his way.

Yes' date=' Otamendi fell out of favour. Something must have happen at training because he is not injured. I've changed his prediction now, he won't rise obviously. Mangala, however, will have a +1 coming at his way.[/quote']

Mangala looks good 4 league games /1 cup game and 1 champs league game so far and he has played 3 good games for France under 21's in which the French kept 3 clean sheets.

Looks a great future prospect.