PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Another good example is Nani' date=' he was playing for Real Massama in the secondary divisions in Portugal and in three years went from there to playing for Sporting Lisbon and then Manchester Utd, only three years it took him to go from a secondary league in Portugal to one of the biggest teams in the World. ;)[/quote']

Another example could be RONALDINHO GAÚCHO, who did tests in Estrela da Amadora and was sent away because the club didn't have 50.000 euros to pay for him...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Do not forget we are talking about a club you probably never heard of untill now. ;)

actually I had heard of alverca' date=' but only because deco had played their. i'd have no idea on their recent club history or anything like that. it is amazing the rise of some of those players you listed, most notably Nani for me. I suppose their is talent in all lower leagues and nani is a great example. maybe alex oxlade-chamberlain will be a similar example in a few seasons of a player going from level 3 football to being a regular in a top side. it really is nice to see in any league, not just portugal or england, when players can still forge a top career even playing a few levels lower. i guess these success stories must drive a lot of those players to succeed in the low levels, and you're right, its proof that it doesnt matter how good a league is ranked or rated, good players will always rise to the surface no matter what standard they are playing at.

SM goes by stats... and to answer your question it's by eufa coefficient. they dont do things by "opinion"

thanks for that.

Another example could be RONALDINHO GAÚCHO' date=' who did tests in Estrela da Amadora and was sent away because the club didn't have 50.000 euros to pay for him...[/quote']

yes mate! that was unreal. did not have money to pay 50.000 for Ronaldinho is unbelievable, the chairman should have sold his car to sign him! lol

Hello people!

Does anybody know the reason why Otamendi isn't playing?

As far as I know he wasn't injured or suspended. Am I wrong?

FC Porto's manager has changed Otamendi's status from most important centre back to least important centre back. Mangala and Rolando seem to be his certain options for the coming times, with Maicon on the bench.

Otamendi was probably looking at a 91 rating by the end of the season and is looking at trouble to hold his 89 in future rating changes.

Hey DP remember we was talking about Porto making a 20ME bid for Damiao? Well Shakhtar have recently had a 40ME bid rejected. You'll have to stick with Kleber! :D:P

And Walter. :o Kleber is a good player, but Walter isn't an option for competitive matches despite scoring the odd goal more often than not. I reckon we're still looking to bring an extra striker in January.

I do apologise if it has been mentioned but i see you have put Hulk as a riser to 92 in your other thread. I see many contrasting opinions on whether he'll get to that cos of the cap etc. I'm not sure whether to keep hold of him? Thanks

I do apologise if it has been mentioned but i see you have put Hulk as a riser to 92 in your other thread. I see many contrasting opinions on whether he'll get to that cos of the cap etc. I'm not sure whether to keep hold of him? Thanks

Hulk has the potential to become a superplayer. Players like him, with a very powerful shot, enormous dribble speed together with enourmous physical strength while dribbling as well, are very very rare. If you have him, definitely keep him. Even if he doesn't rise now.

(Obviously unless you have the chance to buy an even better player :P )

And Walter. :o Kleber is a good player' date=' but Walter isn't an option for competitive matches despite scoring the odd goal more often than not. [b']I reckon we're still looking to bring an extra striker in January.[/b]

How about Ailton Almeida, from that Apoel team?? ;):D

How about Ailton Almeida' date=' from that Apoel team?? ;):D[/quote']

He's decent for a Braga-esque team. :P I'm talking about a striker who can actually make the difference. Damião would be amazing... :o I'd settle with Vossen too, he has been linked with us a couple of times. :)

And Walter. :o Kleber is a good player' date=' but Walter isn't an option for competitive matches despite scoring the odd goal more often than not. I reckon we're still looking to bring an extra striker in January.[/quote']

Is Walter really that bad? TBH to Kleber he's done ok, haven't seen much of him, but judging by his stats he's done alright, with more playing time he'll only get better, especially with the way JR is developing :eek: absolutely tearing it on the international stage aswell as domestically.

He's decent for a Braga-esque team. :P I'm talking about a striker who can actually make the difference.

Really? He scored against Porto and that made the difference, which inspired the win. He also scored the goal in the 1-1 draw as well. Oh I forgot, Porto are a poor team. :) I remeber when he was at Örgryte, he was good.

Is Walter really that bad? TBH to Kleber he's done ok' date=' haven't seen much of him, but judging by his stats he's done alright, with more playing time he'll only get better, especially with the way JR is developing :eek: absolutely tearing it on the international stage aswell as domestically.[/quote']

Nope, he is just bad outside Brazil. :o

PATRICIO' date=' Rui

with his +1 coming up, how good could he become? I've not seen him enough to have any idea.

Many Thanks

edit

Suárez JEFFREN

Still a stayer, 86.[/quote']

I'm not so sure Patricio will get that +1. He's a starter for the NT, sure, but he hasn't played in the CL for 2 years now and Sporting hasn't been able to break in the top 2 domestically for even longer. ;)

He has some flaws, both playing with his feet and with the ball on the air, but he's a good all-round keeper. I don't think he'll leave Sporting any time soon, but you never know.

Jeffren is injured - again.

Really? He scored against Porto and that made the difference' date=' which inspired the win. He also scored the goal in the 1-1 draw as well. Oh I forgot, Porto are a poor team. :) I remeber when he was at Örgryte, he was good.[/quote']

He would have scored against Malmö too, except they don't have a place in football's top tier and as such they don't set foot in the Champions League.

Thanks DerbyPower, i'lll leave Rui , and think about selling Jeffren then.

Regarding Porto, they seem to like to buy players and loan them back to S.America, i thought they might not do this with Luiz Danilo but they have.

Is it true he's due to return in January to Porto, and how soon do you envisage him breaking into the 1st 11.

Thanks DerbyPower' date=' i'lll leave Rui , and think about selling Jeffren then.

Regarding Porto, they seem to like to buy players and loan them back to S.America, i thought they might not do this with [i']Luiz Danilo[/i] but they have.

Is it true he's due to return in January to Porto, and how soon do you envisage him breaking into the 1st 11.

He wasn't loaned out. Santos demanded that Danilo only left the team in January so that he could play in the CWC.

I have no idea, I suppose it depends if he'll come to play as a RB or as a CM.

I see Hulk is predicted to 92' date=' sure hope that'll happen! :)

Just curious, is there anything that is keeping Moutinho from 92? As far as I know he's been rated 91 for ages now :P

And hope Rolando will finaly rise.[/quote']

Moutinho would rise to 92 if Porto was performing strongly in the CL. Sadly, it will be very tough for us to get access the knockout stage. :o But he is a major player for the NT, so if Portugal performs well at the Euro he should get it later.

see porto got it handed to them tonight...

poor show or where academia good?

In all my years as a Porto fan I've never seen such a pathetic display. I've never been this humiliated since our heavy loss against Nacional da Madeira six (!!) years ago. Last season we were easily one of the strongest sides in Europe. This season our displays on the pitch are nothing short of pure mediocrity.

Our chairman has to sack the manager AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We're out of the Cup, most likely out of the CL and if we keep things as they are the league will follow suit.

In all my years as a Porto fan I've never seen such a pathetic display. I've never been this humiliated since our heavy loss against Nacional da Madeira six (!!) years ago. Last season we were easily one of the strongest sides in Europe. This season our displays on the pitch are nothing short of pure mediocrity.

Our chairman has to sack the manager AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We're out of the Cup' date=' most likely out of the CL and if we keep things as they are the league will follow suit[/b'].

Very happy days if you support Benfica!!! :D

Academica actually played well, whilst Porto were a joke. Porto reminded me of Sporting last year.

Also is it true that if Porto want to sack VP they will have to pay him 15m? I heard something about that but have not actually read any article about it so just wondering if you know anything about this?