PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Very happy days if you support Benfica!!! :D

Academica actually played well' date=' whilst Porto were a joke. Porto reminded me of Sporting last year.

[b']Also is it true that if Porto want to sack VP they will have to pay him 15m? I heard something about that but have not actually read any article about it so just wondering if you know anything about this?[/b]

Of course not. That's just a minimum fee release clause for externals. The actual sum we need to pay for an unilateral termination of his contract (without negotiation) would be the total of his wages until the end of said contract. Even so, I reckon VP will be sensible enough not to demand all the money. It was his misdoing after all.

http://vitorpereirajafoidespedido.com/

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Of course not. That's just a minimum fee release clause for externals. The actual sum we need to pay for an unilateral termination of his contract (without negotiation) would be the total of his wages until the end of said contract. Even so' date=' I reckon VP will be sensible enough not to demand all the money. It was his misdoing after all.

[url']http://vitorpereirajafoidespedido.com/[/url]

Yeah that what I though. He would have to be making a lot of money in wages to get a 15m payout on a two year contract. And I was thinking there is no way he would be making that kind of money at porto. The math just didnt add up so I though I would ask a Porto fan what the deal is.

Dont know about him being sensible or not mate. Usually sensibility and conscience are two things easily forgotten and overlooked when big sums of money are at stake. Especially if he leaves with bad feelings towards Porto, he might very well demand the total sum that he is untitled to.

Of course not. That's just a minimum fee release clause for externals. The actual sum we need to pay for an unilateral termination of his contract (without negotiation) would be the total of his wages until the end of said contract. Even so' date=' I reckon VP will be sensible enough not to demand all the money. It was his misdoing after all.

[url']http://vitorpereirajafoidespedido.com/[/url]

well AVB may be available soon, as the rumour was before the Liverpool game that Abramovich is getting impatient with him already after the defeats to QPR & Arsenal @ home

...and now Liverpool @ Home...:D

well AVB may be available soon' date=' as the rumour was before the Liverpool game that Abramovich is getting impatient with him already after the defeats to QPR & Arsenal @ home

...and now Liverpool @ Home...:D[/quote']

Rumours that had absolutely no foundation whatsoever. Despite having a bottomless pot of money, I just don't believe Abramovich is going to simply give up on AVB so soon after spending a fortune on bringing him to the club. What AVB is trying to do - both overturn an ageing squad and completely transform the club's style and ethos - requires time and patience if he is to succeed.

Rumours that had absolutely no foundation whatsoever. Despite having a bottomless pot of money' date=' I just don't believe Abramovich is going to simply give up on AVB so soon after spending a fortune on bringing him to the club. What AVB is trying to do - both overturn an ageing squad and completely transform the club's style and ethos - requires time and patience if he is to succeed.[/quote']

Abramovich is know for his patience... :P

As you say, I think AVB should be given time but I don't think it can be argued that he's started well at Chelsea. Simple CL group which they're faltering in and well behind in the league title race relatively early in the season.

Doubt he'd return to Porto though. I assume there'd be a lot of bad blood between him and the fans.

Well AVB was bought in to change the structure of the team-not only how it plays i.e. entertain and thus hopefully become more marketable but also the hierarchy of control with respect to team members.

You can see the team is caught in a transition stage but once enough time and patience is given it should be successful. Its like the old Chelsea side before Abramovich-side grew too old so they could not effectively compete on all fronts even though you had players like Desailly, Haselbank (spelling!) and Zola to mention few.

Abramovich is know for his patience... :P

As you say' date=' I think AVB should be given time but I don't think it can be argued that he's started well at Chelsea. Simple CL group which they're faltering in and well behind in the league title race relatively early in the season.

[b']Doubt he'd return to Porto though. I assume there'd be a lot of bad blood between him and the fans.[/b]

Precisely. We were disgusted after he left. He said a hundred times that he wouldn't, only to resign at the first opportunity. The 15M€ were useful of course, but I'd much rather have AVB still as our manager. The timing was awful too as most of the good managers available were already tied down to new contracts. Personally I'd hand my season ticket back with a letter to the president if he sat on our bench for what's left of this season. That said, I don't think he'll leave Chelsea this year.

Precisely. We were disgusted after he left. He said a hundred times that he wouldn't' date=' only to resign at the first opportunity. The 15M€ were useful of course, but I'd much rather have AVB still as our manager. The timing was awful too as most of the good managers available were already tied down to new contracts. Personally I'd hand my season ticket back with a letter to the president if he sat on our bench for what's left of this season. That said, I don't think he'll leave Chelsea this year.[/quote']

I agree that the timing was bad and he left Porto with hardly any time to get a new manager before the beginning of the season, but at the same time can you really blame him for leaving? He left Porto to manage Chelsea, by doing so he became a household name to football fans worldwide. What other coach would not do the same? Especially when to the prestige of coaching one of the best English teams in the best football league in the World and the project that comes with it, you throw in a pay check which is 3x or 4x (if not more) what AVB was earning at Porto. Very hard offer to turn down, even harder after someone is willing to pay your buyout clause of 15m (a lot of money for a manager).

I also remember Porto chairman stating that AVB would not be missed and that Vitor Pereira was not only the right man for the job, but choosing Vitor Pereira to be the manager of Porto was one of the easiest decisions that he ever made in his life. How wrong was he hey?!

I agree that the timing was bad and he left Porto with hardly any time to get a new manager before the beginning of the season' date=' but at the same time can you really blame him for leaving? He left Porto to manage Chelsea, by doing so he became a household name to football fans worldwide. What other coach would not do the same? Especially when to the prestige of coaching one of the best English teams in the best football league in the World and the project that comes with it, you throw in a pay check which is 3x or 4x (if not more) what AVB was earning at Porto. Very hard offer to turn down, even harder after someone is willing to pay your buyout clause of 15m (a lot of money for a manager).

I also remember Porto chairman stating that AVB would not be missed and that Vitor Pereira was not only the right man for the job, but choosing Vitor Pereira to be the manager of Porto was one of the easiest decisions that he ever made in his life. How wrong was he hey?![/quote']

The problem was not trading the club for the petrodollars. We're used to that and such deals are the core of our business. The real issue here were all the press conferences and interviews he gave where he strictly said he loved the club and wouldn't leave under any circumstance. This wasn't a one-time emotional saying, it was a week in week out pledge. He manipulated us! Of course I blame him for leaving and I also blame him for playing a role in our failure this season. He made us think for a second that money wouldn't be his first choice, only to kick us in the backside when we weren't looking.

Vitor Pereira became a liability. Pinto da Costa is human and he committed a mistake. It will all become worse the longer we dwell on it. Hopefully this situation will be taken care of ASAP. I could use a decent Christmas present...

Ezequiel Garay

Is he a definate riser do you reckon' date=' or just a probable one?

Many thanks[/quote']

If he wasn't a definite riser his prediction wouldn't be listed as it is.

Thanks. Sheep bearing the brunt of certain situations abroad, ouch.

"Zebras caolhas no Java querem passar fax para moças gigantes de New York."

Thats my repost...

EDIT: i knew it was wrong, but a headache is not conducive to spelling.

nice to see your in eager to pounce too abidus!

I agree that the timing was bad and he left Porto with hardly any time to get a new manager before the beginning of the season' date=' but at the same time can you really blame him for leaving? He left Porto to manage Chelsea, by doing so he became a household name to football fans worldwide. What other coach would not do the same? Especially when to the prestige of coaching one of the best English teams in the best football league in the World and the project that comes with it, you throw in a pay check which is 3x or 4x (if not more) what AVB was earning at Porto. Very hard offer to turn down, even harder after someone is willing to pay your buyout clause of 15m (a lot of money for a manager).

I also remember Porto chairman stating that AVB would not be missed and that Vitor Pereira was not only the right man for the job, but choosing Vitor Pereira to be the manager of Porto was one of the easiest decisions that he ever made in his life. How wrong was he hey?![/quote']

From the outside looking in I thought staying at Porto was the best option for him to be honest,he could have gained valuable experience in the Champions League and had a fantastic basis of a squad to work with at the time and they cruised to the Europa League and Portuguese League in all honesty,he left all of that to jump straight into Chelsea which has proven to be a very unstable job for managers who are regularly sacked after two seasons in charge,the squad needs a massive revamp yet there is still massive expectations at Chelsea.

At Porto he had the job that he supposedly really wanted and apparently he wanted the job since he was 15 (Just what I saw in a documentary not sure whether it was true) and yet as DP mentioned he left after the first real opportunity that was offered to him,the 15 million euros is nothing to do with him and shouldn't have affected his decision,and I'm sure if he wanted one he could have renegotiated the contract he had to get paid more money.

I think DP has every reason to feel betrayed by Villas Boas from my point of view,he supposedly turned down Inter Milan which I think given there lowered expectations could have been a better job for him,after one year he isn't ready to take over a job like Chelsea which only a couple of managers could realistically do,at Porto he had a job which was stable and could learn more and more about the game with relatively little pressure on him (I'm sure if Porto finished 2nd he wouldn't have got sacked),then he changed that for Chelsea were Ancelotti got sacked for actually finishing 2nd in the league last season.

At his age and stage in his career Porto was definitely the best career choice.

G'Day

Australian Under 20 player Jason Davidson whats his story? Cant find any information on this but Soccermanager has him listed against no club but i have found no information on him leaving Pacos De Ferriera

thanks

G'Day

Australian Under 20 player Jason Davidson whats his story? Cant find any information on this but Soccermanager has him listed against no club but i have found no information on him leaving Pacos De Ferriera

thanks

he went to borussia monchengladbach B... he was a huge flop

What are the probabilities that Axel Witsel (89)

Remains rating 89 -

Increases to 90 -

Thanks for your help

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=44596&page=2

it says 89 > 90

it would only be "probable" if it said 89 > 89/90 or 89 > 90/89 ;)

when you see predictions made by forumers you can interpret the rises as the following:

89 > 90 = definite rise

89 > 90/89 = probable rise = greater than 50% chance

89 > 89/90 = possible rise = less than 50% chance

Meanwhile SM has finished with the Eredivisie and started with the smaller teams in the Portuguese League - Feirense and Rio Ave. I'm very pleased that I nailed the three biggest risers in Feirense (Ludovic +6; Diogo Cunha +5; Mika +6). You'll see that all of them were listed correctly in the risers section. The only riser I misjudged was Nuno Henrique. I predicted an 80 but SM went for 78 instead. It doesn't make sense to give Ludovic and Diogo Cunha the 80 and leave Nuno Henrique out of the contingency, but whatever. :D All the other players from Feirense, non-interesting from a money-maker point of view, were rated more or less according to the predictions (Diogo Rosado with a +3, Carlos Fonseca with a +5, Siaka Bamba with a +2 were probably the best). So everything went according to plan except the review of Rabiola, who didn't rise due to his season-ending injury.

Rio Ave was also fully reviewed, although this was the least interesting team from all of the predictions. Only two risers of note: Kelvin rose to 80, as predicted, and Atsu went to 78. I predicted this for Atsu initially but I made a late change (to 80) due to his fantastic form in the recent matches. I suppose I'm a bit disappointed. However, Atsu is such a talent that he'll make it big one way or another.

All the other predictions were correct except for Pateiro, who surprisingly didn't drop.

From the outside looking in I thought staying at Porto was the best option for him to be honest' date='he could have gained valuable experience in the Champions League and had a fantastic basis of a squad to work with at the time and they cruised to the Europa League and Portuguese League in all honesty,he left all of that to jump straight into Chelsea which has proven to be a very unstable job for managers who are regularly sacked after two seasons in charge,the squad needs a massive revamp yet there is still massive expectations at Chelsea.[/quote']

Due to the very same fact you refer to, namely that he still is inexperienced and unproven, his success with Porto was uncertain as well: he could also have failed miserably this season, got sacked and never get a new chance like this. With this job, he is now amongst the big managers of world and were he sacked in Chelsea, he would surely get a new interesting and well paid job at the top of Europe (plus loads of money for being sacked). I don't think any of us would turn a similar offer down.

Meanwhile SM has finished with the Eredivisie and started with the smaller teams in the Portuguese League - Feirense and Rio Ave. I'm very pleased that I nailed the three biggest risers in Feirense (Ludovic +6; Diogo Cunha +5; Mika +6). You'll see that all of them were listed correctly in the risers section. The only riser I misjudged was Nuno Henrique. I predicted an 80 but SM went for 78 instead. It doesn't make sense to give Ludovic and Diogo Cunha the 80 and leave Nuno Henrique out of the contingency' date=' but whatever. :D All the other players from Feirense, non-interesting from a money-maker point of view, were rated more or less according to the predictions (Diogo Rosado with a +3, Carlos Fonseca with a +5, Siaka Bamba with a +2 were probably the best). So everything went according to plan except the review of Rabiola, who didn't rise due to his season-ending injury.

Rio Ave was also fully reviewed, although this was the least interesting team from all of the predictions. Only two risers of note: Kelvin rose to 80, as predicted, and Atsu went to 78. I predicted this for Atsu initially but I made a late change (to 80) due to his fantastic form in the recent matches. I suppose I'm a bit disappointed. However, Atsu is such a talent that he'll make it big one way or another.

All the other predictions were correct except for Pateiro, who surprisingly didn't drop.[/quote']

Re Mike, are you talking about Domingues Mika?

I have bids in place for him and Ludovic which haven't been accepted yet (but based on previous situations the deal has gone through) Ludovic has been changed, but Domingues Mika remains at his old rating.

Have I got the wrong one??

Re Mike' date=' are you talking about Domingues Mika?

I have bids in place for him and Ludovic which haven't been accepted yet (but based on previous situations the deal has gone through) Ludovic has been changed, but Domingues Mika remains at his old rating.

Have I got the wrong one??[/quote']

yep you wanted MIKA Conceicao...

MIKA Domingues is a GK..

if the offer for Ludovic hasnt been accepted yet, it will fall through..

yep you wanted MIKA Conceicao...

MIKA Domingues is a GK..

if the offer for Ludovic hasnt been accepted yet' date=' it will fall through..[/quote']

Damn, wrong Mika.

In the past I've had offers pending before the morning of the rating change, and they'be gone through. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Cancelled the Domingues bid though.