PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Sorry this is really greedy i know but could someone tell me who has RISEN in the portugese league: Have any of these guys risen yet?

Cunha(75)?

Briguel(81)?

Pinto(83)?

Manuel(76)?

Thanks a lot. Its just soccermanager isnt loading on my computer for some reason :o

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Sorry this is really greedy i know but could someone tell me who has RISEN in the portugese league: Have any of these guys risen yet?

Cunha(75)?

Briguel(81)?

Pinto(83)?

Manuel(76)?

Thanks a lot. Its just soccermanager isnt loading on my computer for some reason :o

No-one been done yet.

Lots of ratings done today! Where to start?... Maybe with the biggest money-maker team this term: Gil Vicente. I had 6 big risers listed on the risers section. Unfortunately, SM decided to cape Gil Vicente's risers at 80 so nobody got beyond that. Hugo Vieira, Luís Manuel, André Cunha, Claudio, Caiçara and Facchini all rose to 80. My predictions on the first three were correct, but I had expected higher for the other ones (81/82). Anyway, all of them should get 82 in the next ratings change, provided they keep their place in the team, so it's up for you guys to decide if you want to sell them now or spend ~5 months of wages for a little more profit. :D João Vilela was the biggest surprise. I have no idea how he got to 80 with so limited game time...

Beira-Mar was rather uninteresting, but I'm pleased that I got every prediction correct in the main thread. Well... All except Tavares. He got to 82 instead of my predicted 80/81. Meh. Missing 1 in 25 is still a 96% accurate prediction. :P

Paços de Ferreira was reviewed nicely as well. Almost too nicely. When I made my predictions I took into account that Paços was sitting in the relegation zone. Basically this means that a player who would normally get 82 would only get 80, or 80 would turn into 78... SM didn't care and reviwed them like a mid-table team. :confused: Suffice it to say I got some predictions wrong. But first things first: The most interesting riser here was Benfca's loanee Melgarejo who rose to 80. Despite being according to my prediction I feel he should have gone higher due to being called for the Paraguayan National Team. All the other risers are listed in my thread, the only difference is that you need to add 1 or 2 points to most of the predictions. Michel was the biggest surprise with a +5 bump.

The only decent riser in Nacional da Madeira was Elizeu. I predicted an 80 and maybe he should have gone even further, but SM gave a 78 instead. Which means that the Paços de Ferreira John Doe who is struggling to avoid the relegation zone gets rated better than the mid-table Nacional da Madeira John Doe which even got to play in Europa League. Whatever...

União de Leiria - another mess up. How could Djaniny only get to 78 if he's currently one of the most dangerous forwards playing outside the big four? Not to mention he is an international, he played for Cape Verde, which is not the strongest African NT around but is still a National Team. Again, the average Feirense and Paços de Ferreira player easily got the +5 while Djaniny and Elvis playing for Leiria (which is above both teams in the league) didn't. I honestly don't understand the criteria used here... The other players are more or less correct, although Gottardi should have gone to 83 since Rui Rego went to 84.

Not much to say on Guimarães. Every prediction is accurate except Maranhão (+2) and Serginho (+2). And once again, if anybody could explain why Maranhão went to 80 and Djaniny didn't I'd appreciate it. N'Diaye was the coup here with the +4. If Guimarães wasn't so miserable this year he could have gone to 82 or 83. Shame.

Last comes Setubal. Just two mistakes in my predictions here: Gonçalo Graça rose to 78. I thought he would stay (just one appearance this season) but SM took last season into consideration and he played as a starter for second division side Varzim. For the exact same reasons Rafael Lopes got 3 points higher than what I thought. He's now rated higher than Djaniny. LOL! I can't stress out enough how good Djaniny actually is...

Well, tomorrow SM should finish with Olhanense, Maritimo, Académica and mabye Braga as well. Last but not least will come Porto, Sporting and Benfica.

Damn' date=' TURAN, Atila went up to 82. I didn´t even know he was getting regular playing time. Is he any good?[/quote']

Didn't even notice... He played 9 minutes in the League as a substitution. Apparently it's enough for a +5. Wow. On a second thought maybe last season was taken too much into account.

The most interesting riser here was Benfca's loanee Melgarejo who rose to 80. Despite being according to my prediction I feel he should have gone higher due to being called for the Paraguayan National Team.

What interested me the most, is his age, according to Transfermarkt he's 21...

Damn' date=' TURAN, Atila went up to 82. I didn´t even know he was getting regular playing time. Is he any good?[/quote']
What interested me the most' date=' is his age, according to Transfermarkt he's 21...[/quote']

He is 21, not 19. I've already sent two tickets regarding this issue and both were closed... At first I was only trying to correct the mistake, but later I was trying to lower his CV so that he would come cheaper. :D

What do you think about André ALMEIDA and Ivo PINTO' date=' both at União de Leiria? What rating could they reach at the end of the season?[/quote']

I suppose both should go to the low 80's, +2 probably. I haven't seen much of André Almeida, but I recall Ivo Pinto to be a pacey full back adept at both attacking and defending, back in his days as a youth player. I don't think any of them will have a particularly interesting career, but you never know. Bosingwa is a RB and he was an average player in his early 20's. :)

Thanks a lot for your outstanding predictions. Although they are not done yet I have already made a lot of money thanks to your advice. /bow

One more question: You said Kleber would be a future superstar - do you still have faith that this will come true rather sooner than later?

Thanks a lot for your outstanding predictions. Although they are not done yet I have already made a lot of money thanks to your advice. /bow

One more question: You said Kleber would be a future superstar - do you still have faith that this will come true rather sooner than later?

Thanks. :) I think Kléber needs a real manager before he starts playing at his full potential. He has perfect athletic abilities to perform at a top level in his position and his technique is almost as good as Falcao's when it comes to trapping the ball. I suppose he lacks the killer instinct and jumping ability which makes Falcao two steps ahead of your average forward' date=' but the difference is that Falcao had two extremely competent managers to help reach the next level. Kléber has had none. In short, I'd never sell him at this point.

hmm ruben ferreira was disappointing...maybe next time round 83?

'Dissapointing' is an understatement. He has played every single match so far. Why did Atila Turan go from 77 to 82, or Mexer from 78 to 82, when they should both be rated lower than Ruben Ferreira?? I repeat, I honestly don't understand the criteria. Marítimo is performing much better than Beira-Mar and Olhanense, there's simply no excuse... At least Sami went to 82 and Baba got his 86 so they kind of made up for it.

Yes, 83 in the next changes.

Dissapointed that Gaitan only rose +1 and Garay stay at 89 :eek:

Why should he rise he aint done anything but sit on the bench for over a year at Madrid and now moved to Benfica and facing second rate sides in Portugal for most of the campaign this season and in one of the easiest Champions League group.

Just playing aint enough, same with a lot of the predicted ratings tried to tell people a lot of them were way to optimistic. Whether people agree or not I think SM have got the ratings spot on, with rating changes 3x a year for the big leagues changes are gunna be more steady than spectacular and rightly so.

If Garay is to "deserve" a rise he has to play more games and perform at a higher level because Im sorry looking good against some of the pap in the Portugeuse League proves nothing IMO

Riferimento: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Why did Atila Turan go from 77 to 82' date=' or Mexer from 78 to 82, when they should both be rated lower than Ruben Ferreira?? I repeat, I honestly don't understand the criteria. Marítimo is performing much better than Beira-Mar and Olhanense, there's simply no excuse[/quote']

Well mate, honestly, in those two particular cases there's a excuse I don't think Turan got +5 for 7 minutes played in Portugal, so just forget Beira-Mar ratings :D:D. Basically, he was a pretty constant starter during last season in French L2 (not reviewed yet), so SM owe him that +5.

For Mexer case, I think maybe his apps with NT should have got him an extra bonus, cause actually there is no point to get him a 82 and Ferreira 80.

Anyway, tnx for your brilliant predictions derby :D

Nothing for Hulk' date=' nothing for Rolando.. :([/quote']

If they decided to keep Garay at 89 then Rolando would never rise. And I agree, Rolando did nothing to deserve a 91 this season. I only gave him a small chance because his stats look great and SM values those above anything else in the Portuguese League.

Nonetheless, Hulk and Artur's reviews were intellectual prostitution. I would understand if the Portuguese League was reviewed 3x a year, but that isn't our case (edit: well... It is. But Hulk won't be here by the time of the third one. :o). Despite this I'm actually very pleased with the global outcome. I think the Portuguese League had a nice review. The biggest mistakes were Hulk, Artur, Elizeu and Djaniny. Underrating four players out of 300+ is good in my book.

Back to today's fare, the rest of the predictions are pretty much on spot. Santiago Arias, Souza, Hulk and Artur were my only notable mistakes here. I forgot to look at stats for last season, so that would be the main reason for Arias' and Turan's ratings. Souza should have got a +1 like Walter, but I suppose it's acceptable. And also, Iturbe got a +3 instead of a +2 but I'm happy with that. :P

Ok then, see you all in May.

Edit: James Rodriguez to 89. WhooOOO! :D

Very good predictions good job :) , as for hulk isn't so big surprize ,sm take them a lot of time to go him to 91 and i believe in the end of the season he probably going to take the 92 .Also ty for some money makers .