PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

excuse me

may i have your attention please?

i would like to know which players can i buy from benfica...

i read that gaitan is a good talent but other players that you can recommend me?

benfica lost his manager a few days ago and i want to do some shopping

thank you

i will give +1 rep for each answers...

Carvalho Eduardo' date=' Capadevila and Jardel should be the first 3 on your list. Not

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

really?

capdevila is 33 years old:confused: he won't rise he will drop for sure

carvalho eduardo played in serie a with genoa one year ago and wasn't so good as goalkeeper...

jardel i dont know...

i think that you are speaking about selling these players...but i'm looking for buying some players from benfica....

Re: Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

really?

capdevila is 33 years old:confused: he won't rise he will drop for sure

carvalho eduardo played in serie a with genoa one year ago and wasn't so good as goalkeeper...

jardel i dont know...

i think that you are speaking about selling these players...but i'm looking for buying some players from benfica....

Don't listen to him, I think he's winding you up.

It depends on what positions you need, but if I were you, I'd be going for Nicolas Gaitan, Axel Witsel and Moreno Rodrigo.

thanks mate

yeah i recognize he's joking around...

how about rodrigo moreno...i don't know much of him....

wow i'm watching his stats

he's a young striker 20 years old

20 presences and 16 scores...

wow excellent player

how much do you think his rating will increase in the future?

He will be the starting CF in Benfica's lineup for the rest of the season, ahead of 90 rated Cardozo and Saviola. He is looking at 88(89) in May and is a hot prospect for the future. A great purchase.

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

DP I do find your sig hilarious, shall I remind you of Paulinho Santos being carried out on a stretcher giving the "thumbs up" to Porto bench? Saying that Benfica is a disgrace coming from a supporter of a club that is well knowned in Portugal and internationally for being linked with corruption and all sorts of dirty tactics is nothing less than hilarious.

Can't believe Nélson Oliveira still hasn't had a chance in the first team, by seeing his stats he's only taken part in the Taça de Portugal competition, find that really surprising, he was outstanding at the U20 WC.

Also can we expect a positional change to CF for Rodrigo in the next changes?

Can't believe Nélson Oliveira still hasn't had a chance in the first team' date=' by seeing his stats he's only taken part in the Taça de Portugal competition, find that really surprising, he was outstanding at the U20 WC.[/quote']

I already explained this. His problem is being Portuguese while playing in Benfica...

Also can we expect a positional change to CF for Rodrigo in the next changes?

Noope. Cardozo is a pure CF. Rodrigo is not even close to that.

His problem is being the 4th option in the attack. Rodrigo is much better than him' date=' Saviola and Cardozo have a lot of status in the team..[/quote']

Is he now? If Nelson Oliveira had half of Rodrigo's chances you wouldn't be saying that. And by chances I mean playing with the first team instead of playing while the whole squad is rotating.

Not even worthy of a single appearance in the league?

If Benfica has played 90% of the time with one CF' date=' is it that simple for the 4th option to play?

Is he now? If Nelson Oliveira had half of Rodrigo's chances you wouldn't be saying that. And by chances I mean playing with the first team instead of playing while the whole squad is rotating.

I say this after having seen the U-20 WC and the matches he's played in Benfica. Rodrigo plays for the team, with the team. Nelson Oliveira is talented, still, i think he is too individualistic.. It doesn't mean I don't want him to play. He could be the future CF of our NT and I want Benfica to use Portuguese players.

Hmm... Derby (and whoever wants), i've thought about something and would like to know your opinion, although you'll probably disagree B)

If Moutinho is a super-midfielder, "the best in Portugal", whose tendency to rise to 92 is high - depending on Porto's performance (no CL makes it worse) - than what are Witsel and Aimar? Witsel is basically the new Ramires in Benfica, in terms of his importance in the att-def-balance, and is even better in my perspective. Aimar is for me the best midfielder in Portugal (subjective obviously), and one of the best "maestros" of any team in the world. Obviously he's 32 and physically not so well, semi-high injury risk, although he is the player than runs most in the team and can handle 90 minutes every now and then.

I think their performance this season, as 2 players of the 4/5 in Benfica consistently well across the season (especially Witsel, Aimar had a poor start), with so much importance in the team, individually much more essencial to Benfica than Moutinho is to Porto IMO. I think both deserve the 91. If Benfica reach CL 1/4F ou 1/2F (who knows?) even more. Even more if Benfica become champions. Even more if Moutinho gets the 92.

Hmm... Derby (and whoever wants)' date=' i've thought about something and would like to know your opinion, although you'll probably disagree B)

If Moutinho is a super-midfielder, "the best in Portugal", whose tendency to rise to 92 is high - depending on Porto's performance (no CL makes it worse) - than what are Witsel and Aimar? Witsel is basically the new Ramires in Benfica, in terms of his importance in the att-def-balance, and is even better in my perspective. Aimar is for me the best midfielder in Portugal (subjective obviously), and one of the best "maestros" of any team in the world. Obviously he's 32 and physically not so well, semi-high injury risk, although he is the player than runs most in the team and can handle 90 minutes every now and then.

I think their performance this season, as 2 players of the 4/5 in Benfica consistently well across the season (especially Witsel, Aimar had a poor start), with so much importance in the team, individually much more essencial to Benfica than Moutinho is to Porto IMO. [b']I think both deserve the 91[/b]. If Benfica reach CL 1/4F ou 1/2F (who knows?) even more. Even more if Benfica become champions. Even more if Moutinho gets the 92.

Hey m8, i´mg gonna give my opinion. Starting for Witsel, he needs to improve a lot to deserve another rise, he has been anonymous in the last games imo. He started very well but his performances have been decreasing a lot. Aimar is a very talented player for sure, he would be a 91 if it was more regular and physically apt but if he stills performing good until the end of season i believe he can rise, who knows. But he lacks NT appearences, that wouldn´t help his cause. Anyway, i think Moutinho is on another level, he´s playing really good. He had a slow start this season but he´s now at his best, being Porto´s soul. He´s one of the most regular and reliable players out there. In the game vs Zenit particularly he was tremendous. Also played amazing for Portugal. So clever player. I think if Porto becomes champion and Moutinho plays on his level he must rise to 92. Cheers.

DP,

Any news on Cristian Rodríguez situation? Local press is saying the player might arrive to Uruguay to play 6 months. The player says its very hard because he has some offers from other European clubs, do you know how certain those offers are?

Thanks in advance,

If Moutinho is a super-midfielder' date=' "the best in Portugal", whose tendency to rise to 92 is high - depending on Porto's performance (no CL makes it worse) - than what are Witsel and Aimar? Witsel is basically the new Ramires in Benfica, in terms of his importance in the att-def-balance, and is even better in my perspective. Aimar is for me the best midfielder in Portugal (subjective obviously), and one of the best "maestros" of any team in the world. Obviously he's 32 and physically not so well, semi-high injury risk, although he is the player than runs most in the team and can handle 90 minutes every now and then.

I think their performance this season, as 2 players of the 4/5 in Benfica consistently well across the season (especially Witsel, Aimar had a poor start), with so much importance in the team, individually much more essencial to Benfica than Moutinho is to Porto IMO. [b']I think both deserve the 91[/b]. If Benfica reach CL 1/4F ou 1/2F (who knows?) even more. Even more if Benfica become champions. Even more if Moutinho gets the 92.

What??? Common, be reasonable. First of all, quotation marks are not needed in the first sentence. Secondly, Witsel is a good player but he is no Moutinho. The Belgian was on top of his game at the beginning of the season and still his performances were narrowly better than Moutinho's on an average form. Now that Moutinho is playing at full throttle Witsel can't hold a candle to him. I'd go as far as saying that Witsel would be 3rd choice for Porto. And maybe even 4th if Guarin wasn't waiting to leave the team in January.

Aimar is the best midfielder in Portugal. A bit of an overstatement, eh? He used to be an absolute top player back in his early 20's but now he is a shadow of his former self. In truth I believe I understand why you would think that Aimar is the best. I mean, if my team had midfielders like Beto, Laurent Robert, Karagounis, Binya or Yebda playing as starters for years long I'd definitely rate Aimar as the best once I started seeing him in play. It's a matter of how high the bar is set. In my opinion Moutinho is the best midfielder in Portugal. The rest is down to people's own choices.

Anyway, I know for a fact that Benfica is playing horribly for the past two months. I can't remember the last time you won a match by more than 1 on the score sheet and at least a handful of performances were close to pure mediocrity. The difference between Porto and Benfica is that luck is always on your side. It's unbelievable how Porto batters Zenit the whole 90' and fails to score a single goal while Benfica makes one decent shot against Otelul and it's enough to win the game. I don't rule out incompetence in the clashes against APOEL as the reason for our failure in the CL, but geez, when you're down it seems like everything is pushing you towards the ground while it's exactly the opposite when you're on top.

In short: I don't think Aimar should get to 91. Witsel's rating is open to discussion, but I think he would only rise if Moutinho did too.

Oh, and I have serious doubts both on Benfica's chances to get through in the Champions League or on their title bid.

DP' date='

Any news on Cristian Rodríguez situation? Local press is saying the player might arrive to Uruguay to play 6 months. The player says its very hard because he has some offers from other European clubs, do you know how certain those offers are?

Thanks in advance,[/quote']

It's down to Turkey, Russia or Peñarol. We'll know soon enough.

I'm also expecting other some transfers in January like Álvaro Pereira or Varela.

How come Portugal has dropped below France so quickly in the co-efficient? They were above France now all of a sudden back down to 6th. Is it because 1 more ligue 1 team qualified for the CL knockout stages?

Nah, it just seems like France added Croatia's coefficients to their numbers. I fully expect Lyon and Marseille to be knocked out in the next round, so we'll be back to the fifth spot soon enough.

Nah' date=' it just seems like France added Croatia's coefficients to their numbers. I fully expect Lyon and Marseille to be knocked out in the next round, so we'll be back to the fifth spot soon enough.[/quote']

Oh right. Thanks for the explaining that. I too think they wont make it beyond the last 16.

It's down to Turkey' date=' Russia or Peñarol. We'll know soon enough.

I'm also expecting other some transfers in January like Álvaro Pereira or Varela.[/quote']

So Peñarol was mentioned there in Portugal as a possible destination? Yeeey!! we would receive him with arms wide open.

So Peñarol was mentioned there in Portugal as a possible destination? Yeeey!! we would receive him with arms wide open.

Yes, and Rodriguez himself said he would like to return to Peñarol eventually. I think he wants to have another try in Europe before he moves back to Uruguay, but you never know. He is crazy, always carrying a Peñarol flag around. :P