PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Yes' date=' and Rodriguez himself said he would like to return to Peñarol eventually. I think he wants to have another try in Europe before he moves back to Uruguay, but you never know. He is crazy, always carrying a Peñarol flag around. :P[/quote']

Yes we know, he also has a Peñarol tattoo in one of his legs. I used to play in Wanderers (youth team) and i played against him (he was in Peñarol obviously) a friendly. We start winning 2-0 and in the second half he appeared. He was chubby like seriously kinda fat. I played as a right midfielder and he played as a left midfielder so we crossed a couple of times, mate... he was a machine, i mean i played the first half so i was a bit tired than him but i couldnt catch him not a single time. Like never stopped running. Anyways we lost 6-2, he did 3 goals and also hitted the post two times.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Yes we know' date=' he also has a Peñarol tattoo in one of his legs. I used to play in Wanderers (youth team) and i played against him (he was in Peñarol obviously) a friendly. We start winning 2-0 and in the second half he appeared. He was chubby like seriously kinda fat. I played as a right midfielder and he played as a left midfielder so we crossed a couple of times, mate... he was a machine, i mean i played the first half so i was a bit tired than him but i couldnt catch him not a single time. Like never stopped running. Anyways we lost 6-2, he did 3 goals and also hitted the post two times.[/quote']

Wow. :) We have criticized his weight a bit but I suppose it's just part of his physical strength. It was sad that injuries got the best of him, he was really amazing in his first year for us. We still appreciate the intensity of his game, but he lacks pace and definition with the ball on his feet. He has never been the same. :o

Wow. :) We have criticized his weight a bit but I suppose it's just part of his physical strength. It was sad that injuries got the best of him' date=' he was really amazing in his first year for us. We still appreciate the intensity of his game, but he lacks pace and definition with the ball on his feet. He has never been the same. :o[/quote']

I recall he was amazing for Benfica, and i encountered him at the airport once, he "KINDA" reminded me (ofc he didnt but he said that because he was polite) and well we talked and he told me that Porto fans respected him even his low gameplay because he took such drastic decision of moving from a team like Benfica to play for Porto (when he could probably emigrate to another European club at that time). I hope he can regain his level, at a time in the last qualifying stage 4 years ago for the last world cup he was a decisive piece for the NT, really explosive, hard to mark for the defenders and with a lot of determination like he loses a ball and runs back like crazy to get it back, hopefully he comes back to Peñarol and finds himself again.

:)

Wow. :) We have criticized his weight a bit but I suppose it's just part of his physical strength. It was sad that injuries got the best of him' date=' he was really amazing in his first year for us. We still appreciate the intensity of his game, but he lacks pace and definition with the ball on his feet. He has never been the same. :o[/quote']

Remember the cracking goal he scored v manu, loved him ever since! :D

What??? Common' date=' be reasonable. First of all, quotation marks are not needed in the first sentence. Secondly, Witsel is a good player but he is no Moutinho. The Belgian was on top of his game at the beginning of the season and still his performances were narrowly better than Moutinho's on an average form. Now that Moutinho is playing at full throttle Witsel can't hold a candle to him. I'd go as far as saying that Witsel would be 3rd choice for Porto. And maybe even 4th if Guarin wasn't waiting to leave the team in January.[/quote']

lol, if Witsel was in Porto he would 3rd option behind Moutinho and Fernando.. making him a starter! saying that Guarin is better than Witsel is insulting :confused:

Aimar is the best midfielder in Portugal. A bit of an overstatement' date=' eh? He used to be an absolute top player back in his early 20's but now he is a shadow of his former self. In truth I believe I understand why you would think that Aimar is the best. I mean, if my team had midfielders like Beto, Laurent Robert, Karagounis, Binya or Yebda playing as starters for years long I'd definitely rate Aimar as the best once I started seeing him in play. [/quote'] Great comparison. All those names were all defensive midfielders... Who was the 10 before Aimar? hmm... Rui Costa, one of the 5 best portuguese midfielders ever. Aimar has the best passing skills in Portugal by far (only comparable with Moutinho), is twice as fast as Moutinho, with a much faster dribble.
Anyway' date=' I know for a fact that Benfica is playing horribly for the past two months. I can't remember the last time you won a match by more than 1 on the score sheet and at least a handful of performances were close to pure mediocrity. The difference between Porto and Benfica is that luck is [i']always[/i] on your side.

Lol. We haven't been playing well, that's true, but Porto is far from that as well.

Our football is based on team play and a step-by-step construction of dangerous opportunities. You rely on Hulk's ability, set pieces and long-distance shots.

It's unbelievable how Porto batters Zenit the whole 90' and fails to score a single goal while Benfica makes one decent shot against Otelul and it's enough to win the game. I don't rule out incompetence in the clashes against APOEL as the reason for our failure in the CL' date=' but geez, when you're down it seems like everything is pushing you towards the ground while it's exactly the opposite when you're on top.[/quote']

You were on top last season. You were the best, but luck pushed you as well. Like it does on any champion. Porto lost the CL because of the two APOEL matches solely. If you had played decently, you would've been able to win and could even afford to draw the Zenit match.

Benfica made a giant performance in Old Trafford, and we're super-effective in Basel and Galati. We have a great goalkeeper that assures wins. (no need to compare with Roberto, he's the best goalkeeper in Portugal since Vitor Baía left [obviously Baía is much better])

In short: I don't think Aimar should get to 91. Witsel's rating is open to discussion' date=' but I think he would only rise if Moutinho did too.

Oh, and I have serious doubts both on Benfica's chances to get through in the Champions League or on their title bid.

[/quote']

I don't bet on the title as well. A lot can change, but right now I'd say Porto and Benfica's chances are even, with Sporting crawling under them.

In the CL it really depends on the draw. But what Benfica managed in the EL last season (even though we were eliminated by Braga) was miraculous, with such a short squad, with two wingers only. As a fan, I believe in the team.

lol' date=' if Witsel was in Porto he would 3rd option behind Moutinho and Fernando.. making him a starter! saying that Guarin is better than Witsel is insulting :confused:[/quote']

Not really. Defour was regarded as a bigger talent back in Belgium, but who I want to see in the midfield is James Rodriguez. Nothing beats the kid while playing in the middle. Fortunately Vitor Pereira has realized it and stopped playing him in the wings. And obviously I wouldn't want Witsel and Moutinho playing at the same time, it would be a waste of the creative force offered by James and Belluschi or the raw strength of Guarin.

Nope. Guarin was unstoppable last season. Truly one of the best in our squad. But he only performs like that in the NT at the moment... :rolleyes:

Great comparison. All those names were all defensive midfielders... Who was the 10 before Aimar? hmm... Rui Costa, one of the 5 best portuguese midfielders ever. Aimar has the best passing skills in Portugal by far (only comparable with Moutinho), is twice as fast as Moutinho, with a much faster dribble.

Oi? Binya was the only one who played as a defensive midfielder, but I had to include him in the lot to really stress out the quality of your midfield in these past years. :D Beto was a more defensive minded CM, but not exactly a DM, while all the others played as CM and/or AM.

You seem to think that the players deeds in the past are equal to what they can do in the present. Rui Costa came back to Benfica in his early 30's to finish his career and watch Porto win a bunch of titles. He was great, yes. Are you implying that what he did in Fiorentina and Milan was the same as in his return to Benfica? Not even close. Back to the point: if you really think that what Aimar is doing now is enough to be considered as the best midfielder in Portugal then I must say your standards are low, even for a Benfica fan. What he does is nothing more than what I saw Belluschi do at the peak of his career last season.

Lol. We haven't been playing well, that's true, but Porto is far from that as well.

Our football is based on team play and a step-by-step construction of dangerous opportunities. You rely on Hulk's ability, set pieces and long-distance shots.

True. The difference is that we have no trouble whatsoever in recognizing this (and we even point out what the problem is...) while you guys write daily statements of how awesome your team is, like having the best midfielder in Portugal and whatever.

Yep, we rely on Hulk a tad too much. That's because whoever is on the bench is so mediocre that needs to resort to this sort of "tactic" in order to get anything out of the match. But we made some good games too, against Zenit or Braga.

You were on top last season. You were the best, but luck pushed you as well. Like it does on any champion. Porto lost the CL because of the two APOEL matches solely. If you had played decently, you would've been able to win and could even afford to draw the Zenit match.

Yes, the Zenit match was irrelevant. We missed the qualification by losing 5 points against APOEL. What annoys me is that APOEL would have been trashed last season even without Falcao... :o Anyway, last year was more down to skill than luck. Nothing like Benfica this season.

Benfica made a giant performance in Old Trafford, and we're super-effective in Basel and Galati. We have a great goalkeeper that assures wins. (no need to compare with Roberto, he's the best goalkeeper in Portugal since Vitor Baía left [obviously Baía is much better])

Please. United (Ferguson, to be more precise) was a joke in the CL this year. They won against Otelul like everybody else and went to Switzerland and Portugal for sightseeing. Too bad... And both goals at Old Trafford were amazing weren't they? An own goal by Jones and a fantastic crotch assist by Ferdinand after an amateur-like goal kick by De Gea. LOL.

I agree with the first part, switching from Roberto to Artur is a giant improvement. But you're forgetting about Helton. He saved us God knows how many times last season (Sevilla!! and a handful of other matches) and he had top notch performances against Shakthar or Zenit this season. One and a half good seasons by Artur don't erase 6 years of countless saves, clean sheets and titles by Helton. So no, Artur is not the best GK since Baia. At least not yet. I do concede that he's a great GK. A bit of a pig, but a great GK nonetheless.

I don't bet on the title as well. A lot can change, but right now I'd say Porto and Benfica's chances are even, with Sporting crawling under them.

I'd be pretty amazed if we won the title with Vitor Pereira. But I still believe in our chances if we make some changes in January.

In the CL it really depends on the draw. But what Benfica managed in the EL last season (even though we were eliminated by Braga) was miraculous, with such a short squad, with two wingers only. As a fan, I believe in the team.

I'd fancy a trip to German. Your record there is pretty awesome. :D

Not really. Defour was regarded as a bigger talent back in Belgium' date=' but who I want to see in the midfield is James Rodriguez. Nothing beats the kid while playing in the middle. Fortunately Vitor Pereira has realized it and stopped playing him in the wings. And obviously I wouldn't want Witsel and Moutinho playing at the same time, it would be a waste of the creative force offered by James and Belluschi or the raw strength of Guarin.[/quote']

ok i forgot James for a moment there. And I give you this one. In a 4x3x3 with DM, CM and AM, Fernando, Moutinho and James would be the first choices. But Witsel tops any other midfielder in Porto, without a SHADOW of a doubt.

"Defour was regarded as a bigger talent back in Belgium" Lol. Who cares? Witsel has already stated himself in team after 3/4 matches on the bench. Defour has had many opportunities, and although your coach is quite worse than ours when it comes to picking a starting XI, he could've already become a starter.

Nope. Guarin was unstoppable last season. Truly one of the best in our squad. But he only performs like that in the NT at the moment... :rolleyes:

IMO Guarin is a strong midfielder with some interesting details and a good long-distance shot. Still' date=' I find the guy is mentally handicapped because he thinks he can score free kicks because he shoots well (wide statement... 1 out of 10 hit the goal) for the distance..

Oi? Binya was the only one who played as a defensive midfielder, but I had to include him in the lot to really stress out the quality of your midfield in these past years. :D Beto was a more defensive minded CM, but not exactly a DM, while all the others played as CM and/or AM.

Let's look back. Katsouranis- DM/CB. Yebda - CM/DM/RM. Binya- DM. L.Robert- i don't even remember this guy. NONE are AM.

You just picked the worse midfielders we've had in the past times B) (except Katso, he was good).

You seem to think that the players deeds in the past are equal to what they can do in the present. Rui Costa came back to Benfica in his early 30's to finish his career and watch Porto win a bunch of titles. He was great' date=' yes. Are you implying that what he did in Fiorentina and Milan was the same as in his return to Benfica? Not even close. Back to the point: if you really think that what Aimar is doing now is enough to be considered as the best midfielder in Portugal then I must say your standards are low, even for a Benfica fan. What he does is nothing more than what I saw Belluschi do at the peak of his career last season.[/quote']

Aimar has been in Benfica for 4 years. He came at the age of 28. At 32, he is in much better shape than before. Now, he's playing better than ever (except maybe 2009/10 - still i think he's better now) - This obviously in his time in Benfica.

I like Belluschi, but be careful with comparing Messi's idol with some average midfielder. You clearly seem to have a less accurate eye for the works of an AM, a classic number 10.

I'm not implying Rui Costa was better in SLB than before, i just corrected the horrible examples you gave with the best one.

True. The difference is that we have no trouble whatsoever in recognizing this (and we even point out what the problem is...) while you guys write daily statements of how awesome your team is' date=' like having the best midfielder in Portugal and whatever. [/quote']

Unfortunately, Jorge Jesus thinks he's the best and is unable to acknowledge mistakes of his own. He overvalued the "artistic mark" (direct translation), i reckoned that.

Benfica's media policy is populist (translation?). I hate it, but you have to keep 6 million people happy somehow. (or whatever number of fans we supposedly have)

I just gave my opinion about Aimar. You wan't me to do it in general?

Best goalkeeper - Artur

Best centre back - Luisão

Best side back - Alvaro Pereira (in his better shape than now)

Best DM - Fernando(/Javi)

Best Winger - James

Best Forward - Hulk

Do you think i'm overly biased? I don't..

Yep' date=' we rely on Hulk a tad too much. That's because whoever is on the bench is so mediocre that needs to resort to this sort of "tactic" in order to get anything out of the match. But we made some good games too, against Zenit or Braga.[/quote']

You obviously made some good games, the same way we did some good games as well. But in general, i think both Porto and Benfica have been dragging themselves across the season with poor performances. But we win. And that's why we're on top, and super-Sporting isn't.

Yes' date=' the Zenit match was irrelevant. We missed the qualification by losing 5 points against APOEL. What annoys me is that APOEL would have been trashed last season even without Falcao... :o Anyway, last year was more down to skill than luck. Nothing like Benfica this season.[/quote']

Just stop with luck thing. You're supporting this argument solely on the Galati match and the Zenit match. C'mon, you're better than that.

Please. United (Ferguson' date=' to be more precise) was a joke in the CL this year. They won against Otelul like everybody else and went to Switzerland and Portugal for sightseeing. Too bad... And both goals at Old Trafford were amazing weren't they? An own goal by Jones and a fantastic crotch assist by Ferdinand after an amateur-like goal kick by De Gea. LOL.[/quote']

They were a joke, yes, compared with the team that was champion and european vice-champion. They're still Man United. Benfica played very well (giant performance is an overstatement, i admit.) there. Yes, goal 1 was lucky. United's goal was offside (i believe). What about that, huh?

I agree with the first part' date=' switching from Roberto to Artur is a giant improvement. But you're forgetting about Helton. He saved us God knows how many times last season (Sevilla!! and a handful of other matches) and he had top notch performances against Shakthar or Zenit this season. One and a half good seasons by Artur don't erase 6 years of countless saves, clean sheets and titles by Helton. So no, Artur is not the best GK since Baia. At least not yet. I do concede that he's a great GK. A bit of a pig, but a great GK nonetheless.[/quote']

Ok, it might be soon to talk. But I assure you this. Artur has assured much more points to Benfica than Helton has.

Oh and that Artur's "a pig".. you're obviously saying this because of the Sporting incident.. I feel embarassed about that. But it's something just about everyone makes. Which doesn't make it better. They just don't do it out in the open like this..

ok i forgot James for a moment there. And I give you this one. In a 4x3x3 with DM' date=' CM and AM, Fernando, Moutinho and James would be the first choices. But Witsel tops any other midfielder in Porto, without a SHADOW of a doubt.[/quote']

Meh. Opinions. I'd have AVB's version of Belluschi and Guarin rather than Witsel. He was a bargain though, for sure.

"Defour was regarded as a bigger talent back in Belgium" Lol. Who cares? Witsel has already stated himself in team after 3/4 matches on the bench. Defour has had many opportunities, and although your coach is quite worse than ours when it comes to picking a starting XI, he could've already become a starter.

OK, I'll go through this again. Playing Moutinho and Defour at the same time would only make sense if we wanted to play a game of extreme ball possession. Now here's the catch: we do not have a team/manager suited for playing that way. Our centre-backs have been looking rubbish this season since day one and became a liability from night to day. No CB's = no stability = no assurances if the team happens to lose the ball in the possession game. It's that simple. Then we have no RB since Sapunaru has been injured for eons now and Fucile is mental. We're stuck with Maicon in that place. Seriously?? The result was getting smashed in the cup game against Académica. Alvaro Pereira is a top player, yes. But when you have one full back overlapping and the other one sitting tight as a 3rd CB you're always gonna have more passing options in one of the sides of the pitch, which then again renders possession football obsolete. Add the absolute waste of Kleber's talent by Vitor Pereira, Hulk's tendency to dwell on the ball and the lack of a decent 2nd winger who actually knows how to cut inside (Varela, Djalma, C. Rodriguez... All rubbish this season) and it becomes impossible not to play direct football. You'll see the best of Defour after Moutinho leaves at the end of the season. Until then...

IMO Guarin is a strong midfielder with some interesting details and a good long-distance shot. Still, I find the guy is mentally handicapped because he thinks he can score free kicks because he shoots well (wide statement... 1 out of 10 hit the goal) for the distance..

He's so much more than that... Maybe it's because I watched him live every time last season.

Guarin rarely took any free kick for us. Hulk, Belluschi and James are always the first options.

Let's look back. Katsouranis- DM/CB. Yebda - CM/DM/RM. Binya- DM. L.Robert- i don't even remember this guy. NONE are AM.

You just picked the worse midfielders we've had in the past times B) (except Katso, he was good).

Karagounis, not Katsouranis. ;) It's not my fault that you only started using AM's after Jorge Jesus joined the team. I picked the most offensive who came to mind + Binya. :P

Aimar has been in Benfica for 4 years. He came at the age of 28. At 32, he is in much better shape than before. Now, he's playing better than ever (except maybe 2009/10 - still i think he's better now) - This obviously in his time in Benfica.

I like Belluschi, but be careful with comparing Messi's idol with some average midfielder. You clearly seem to have a less accurate eye for the works of an AM, a classic number 10.

I'm not implying Rui Costa was better in SLB than before, i just corrected the horrible examples you gave with the best one.

Belluschi is no average midfielder. He was a top player in Argentina much like Aimar. Last season's Belluschi was miles ahead of any Aimar I've seen in Portugal. We probably had the most competitive midfield since 2003 and it's no wonder that we had to make so much rotation. Alenitchev + Pedro Mendes all over again. You're overrating Aimar and underrating Belluschi.

Unfortunately, Jorge Jesus thinks he's the best and is unable to acknowledge mistakes of his own. He overvalued the "artistic mark" (direct translation), i reckoned that.

He's an idiot, but still 100x more motivating than our ex-Santa Clara manager.

Benfica's media policy is populist (translation?). I hate it, but you have to keep 6 million people happy somehow. (or whatever number of fans we supposedly have)

Yes, I understand how the speech to the masses work. I just can't agree in the Aimar subject, that's all.

I just gave my opinion about Aimar. You wan't me to do it in general?

Best goalkeeper - Artur

Best centre back - Luisão

Best side back - Alvaro Pereira (in his better shape than now)

Best DM - Fernando(/Javi)

Best Winger - James

Best Forward - Hulk

What about Emerson? :eek::D Or Cardozo? His miss against Maritimo was priceless. B)

You obviously made some good games, the same way we did some good games as well. But in general, i think both Porto and Benfica have been dragging themselves across the season with poor performances. But we win. And that's why we're on top, and super-Sporting isn't.

Sporting is a media product and their whole team is nothing more than firework bar a player or three. Anyway, I'm yet to see them win against one decent team this season. They were 25 minutes away to be irremediably torn away from the title race in the 4th fixture but God lent them a hand. Since then they have managed to burst through weak teams with ease. They'll win nothing this season except perhaps the Cup since there's no decent team left if they somehow manage to get past Marítimo.

They were a joke, yes, compared with the team that was champion and european vice-champion. They're still Man United. Benfica played very well (giant performance is an overstatement, i admit.) there. Yes, goal 1 was lucky. United's goal was offside (i believe). What about that, huh?

I didn't watch the game, I just happen to follow ManU's thread here in the forum. :D There's a general consensus that Ferguson underestimated the group. So yeah, it was more down to ManU's own demerit.

Ok, it might be soon to talk. But I assure you this. Artur has assured much more points to Benfica than Helton has.

But of course! Even the best goalies can't do much if the defence is sleeping the entire match. I can assure you that Helton has made twice as much saves as Artur this season - because he has to.

Oh and that Artur's "a pig".. you're obviously saying this because of the Sporting incident.. I feel embarassed about that. But it's something just about everyone makes. Which doesn't make it better. They just don't do it out in the open like this..

That was the least. It was his words about Braga after their match. He completely spat in the plate from which he had eaten.

Rather than you two having a rant at one another' date=' could you talk to me about Fernando?[/quote']

we're having a productive discussion. If you don't want to read it, fine, don't. you don't have to.

to answer your question. Fernando is a midfielder that has been consistenly improving across the years to being one of the key players in Porto right now. He has been tempted to leave but no decent offer has appeared yet, as far as I know. His 90 rating is completely assured and if you don't have many good solutions in your market you'll be fine with him. Just don't expect rises. For now at least.

Meh. Opinions. I'd have AVB's version of Belluschi and Guarin rather than Witsel. He was a bargain though' date=' for sure.

[/quote']

Discussion closed. It's a matter of opinion :P

OK' date=' I'll go through this again. Playing Moutinho and Defour at the same time would only make sense if we wanted to play a game of extreme ball possession. Now here's the catch: we do not have a team/manager suited for playing that way. Our centre-backs have been looking rubbish this season since day one and became a liability from night to day. No CB's = no stability = no assurances if the team happens to lose the ball in the possession game. It's that simple. Then we have no RB since Sapunaru has been injured for eons now and Fucile is mental. We're stuck with Maicon in that place. Seriously?? The result was getting smashed in the cup game against Académica. Alvaro Pereira is a top player, yes. But when you have one full back overlapping and the other one sitting tight as a 3rd CB you're always gonna have more passing options in one of the sides of the pitch, which then again renders possession football obsolete. Add the absolute waste of Kleber's talent by Vitor Pereira, Hulk's tendency to dwell on the ball and the lack of a decent 2nd winger who actually knows how to cut inside (Varela, Djalma, C. Rodriguez... All rubbish this season) and it becomes impossible not to play direct football. You'll see the best of Defour after Moutinho leaves at the end of the season. Until then...[/quote']

Fine, then let's put it in different words. RIGHT NOW, Witsel is much better than Defour. Things might change, IMO they won't :P

Well, I still don't understand what Maicon is doing as a RB. I mean, if he doesn't want Fucile, why not Otamendi as a RB? He played there for the NT.. Your coach is twisted.

He's so much more than that... Maybe it's because I watched him live every time last season.

Guarin rarely took any free kick for us. Hulk' date=' Belluschi and James are always the first options.[/quote']

I swear i've seen matches where Guarin takes the ball and scores the free kick.. Probably matches that were already a sure win, but it happened.

I would honestly like to know his qualities. He's the only Porto midfielder where i really don't see quality.

Karagounis' date=' not Katsouranis. ;) It's not my fault that you only started using AM's after Jorge Jesus joined the team. I picked the most offensive who came to mind + Binya. :P[/quote']

I hate Karagounis (for the obvious reasons). But he was a good player. Similar to Carlos Martins in terms of performance. Not really a waste.

Binya was indeed very offensive :P just to the wrong goals!

Belluschi is no average midfielder. He was a top player in Argentina much like Aimar. Last season's Belluschi was miles ahead of any Aimar I've seen in Portugal. We probably had the most competitive midfield since 2003 and it's no wonder that we had to make so much rotation. Alenitchev + Pedro Mendes all over again. You're overrating Aimar and underrating Belluschi.

I admit it was rather passive-aggressive to rate Belluschi as average. I don't mean that. Some months ago' date=' I would say that he was the one player from FCP i would like to have in SLB.

Let's put it in SM ratings. If Aimar is a 91 (which he should be), Belluschi is an 89,5 B)

He's an idiot, but still 100x more motivating than our ex-Santa Clara manager.

Agree fully (even with the idiot part..)

What about Emerson? :eek::D Or Cardozo? His miss against Maritimo was priceless. B)

Emerson is a normal player. Just normal. VERY effective. He's no Coentrão' date=' but if he doesn't compromise i rather have him there then an adapted CB.. (hmm where have I heard that before? ;) )

About Cardozo no comment. I've heard many Porto fans saying they'd wish they had Cardozo in their team. An effective striker (one miss in many other goals? big deal.) like him is always welcome.

Sporting is a media product and their whole team is nothing more than firework bar a player or three. Anyway, I'm yet to see them win against one decent team this season. They were 25 minutes away to be irremediably torn away from the title race in the 4th fixture but God lent them a hand. Since then they have managed to burst through weak teams with ease. They'll win nothing this season except perhaps the Cup since there's no decent team left if they somehow manage to get past Marítimo.

Agreed. Their "quality" is basically a very good attack that just covers the defensive hole they are.

I didn't watch the game' date=' I just happen to follow ManU's thread here in the forum. :D There's a general consensus that Ferguson underestimated the group. So yeah, it was more down to ManU's own demerit.[/quote']

Oh, you didn't watch the match.. In that case never mind. It was a great performance by SLB. And a poor one by ManU.

But of course! Even the best goalies can't do much if the defence is sleeping the entire match. I can assure you that Helton has made twice as much saves as Artur this season - because he has to.

Ok endless discussion here :P

That was the least. It was his words about Braga after their match. He completely spat in the plate from which he had eaten.

i don't really bother to read or hear what the players say after matches... They always say the same boring things. Whatever.

is there a team by team break down of the upcomming rating change in portugal? (prob after jan now)' date=' i see its been done for enhland and spain etc[/quote']

portugal was done 2/3 weeks ago, not done again for at least 3/4 months...

Apparently Cristian Rodríguez spoke to the coach and he will stay in Porto. Lets hope he has more chances and he gets back on his level.

Although this is the best time for any Porto player to perform very well and grab a starting XI spot, Rodriguez won't. The coach will give him few minutes, he will probably start the League Cup matches and that's it. His future isn't bright at all. It's very likely for him to move away in July (or even January) either back to Uruguay or to a middle-low-class european club. In SM, he's a player to get rid of.

Respuesta: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Although this is the best time for any Porto player to perform very well and grab a starting XI spot' date=' Rodriguez won't. The coach will give him few minutes, he will probably start the League Cup matches and that's it. His future isn't bright at all. It's very likely for him to move away in July (or even January) either back to Uruguay or to a middle-low-class european club. In SM, he's a player to get rid of.[/quote']

Yup i agree.

what is your opinion about CAETANO' date=' Teixeira ?

is he worth keeping?[/quote']

Caetano is an interesting young talent, starter for the NT in the U-20 WC. He played a good amount of minutes in the league last season, however he has barely played this season, i think he was injured partially, but he really hasn't grabbed the XI spot.

If the amount of money you'd receive for his transfer is significant to you, you can sell him. But it can't hurt to keep him, he should improve next season IMO.

thanks

i haven't decided it yet ....

any players that could you recommend me? a part form those who play for porto and benfica that i already know

thank you

keep him if you are playing for the long term.. Paços de Ferreira is currently last in the league. If they are relegated, i'm certain he will be purchased by a better side. still, he's no super talent.

hmm i'm sure DerbyPower can give you some better suggestions, still i suggest the following:

- André Carrillo from Sporting, currently 83, interesting talent with increasing game time. Should be 86 by the end of the season and more in the future.

- André Martins from Sporting, also with increasing game time, supposedly (i don't really know how he plays) a good talent. Currently 78, probably will be 83/84 by the end of the season.

- Sami (Leocisio SAMI) from Maritimo, 82, will steadily rise to 84/85, a very interesting winger, from what I've seen.

and right now i don't remember more.