PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

Thanks. I forgot that he is a 85 :o I've got one more question if you don't mind. Will Celestino and Jean-Paul Yontcha of Belenenses rise? :)

Yes, both will rise, Yontcha is the best goalscorer in Belenenses, I sent a ticket to add him myself, he should hit 82. Celestino will have a more modest rise, just a +1 to 83. Also keep an eye on Fredy, also from Belenenses. He is 72 and will rise to 80. He is already a regular in the U-21 NT.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Yes' date=' both will rise, Yontcha is the best goalscorer in Belenenses, I sent a ticket to add him myself, he should hit 82. Celestino will have a more modest rise, just a +1 to 83. Also keep an eye on Fredy, also from Belenenses. He is 72 and will rise to 80. He is already a regular in the U-21 NT.[/quote']

About Fredy - You underestimate my ability to keep abreast with the good risers :) Bought him for almost all my teams some time ago, along with the usual suspects like Sandro, Ventura, Rabiola, Joao Aurelio, Clebao, Tomasevic, Ruben ;)

Thanks for your help again. Fredy is 74 btw, a small typing error you must have made. Anyway will Beira-Mar's on loan duo Pimenta and Yartey rise?

About Fredy - You underestimate my ability to keep abreast with the good risers :) Bought him for almost all my teams some time ago' date=' along with the usual suspects like Sandro, Ventura, Rabiola, Joao Aurelio, Clebao, Tomasevic, Ruben ;)

Thanks for your help again. Fredy is 74 btw, a small typing error you must have made. Anyway will Beira-Mar's on loan duo Pimenta and Yartey rise?[/quote']

It was just a heads-up. Glad to see you anticipated yourself already :)-

Whoops, my mistake, yes he is 74. Yartey has been excellent, he is playing his share on Beira-Mar's top half table fight. However, seeing that the Portuguese second league is so underrated, he won't rise more than +2, to 76. It could be a higher rise, but due to internal conflicts with Ghana's Football Federation he wasn't called for the U-20 WC, where Ghana were crowned the champions. He would gain more attention if he had participated. Pimenta is playing way less game time than Yartey, and therefore he most likely won't rise. If he does, it won't exceed the +1.

Hi Derby! I know that someone asked you about Pereira Roque MAICON but I am laisy and I don't wont to search around about it' date='...:D[/quote']

Will make his official debut today, finally :). In terms of rating, I think he will stay, unless Rolando or Bruno Alves got injured, which could happen, but seems unlikely.

Its early to say that he did only one game at a sub and remember one thing his play with a 3 league team ;)

First of all, it wasn't a sub, he played the whole 90'. And yeah he only played ONE game, it's a shame he doesn't play every week either in the U-19 competition or in the reserves league, which in most of the cases includes first teammers :rolleyes:.

DP - do you think Raul Meireles can get 92?

No. He is a starter in the Portuguese National team and in Porto, but his form has been way inferior to that of last year. If he was playing like he did last season I wouldn't hesitate in putting him up to a 92. But like this, he will stay as a 91.

This may be of interest to you DP, Can Braga prove ‘the Special Two’ wrong ?

Do you agree that Liedson should rise +1, he's scoring goals for Portugal NT & I presume he is the undisputed 1st choice, there has always been speculation about him moving to England, but it has never quite happened, is he reluctant to leave Portugal ?

hi everyone

how is Maxi Pereira playing at Benfica? he seems to be playing well for Uruguay?

He is playing well. Starter in Benfica and Uruguay with good displays in both' date=' he will rise to 90.

This may be of interest to you DP, Can Braga prove ‘the Special Two’ wrong ? ?

Do you agree that Liedson should rise +1, he's scoring goals for Portugal NT & I presume he is the undisputed 1st choice, there has always been speculation about him moving to England, but it has never quite happened, is he reluctant to leave Portugal ?

Great article, I specially enjoyed the "The media in Portugal suffers from verbal diarrhea. There are three big teams(Benfica, Porto and Sporting) and then there are the rest.". The backsided compliment on Benfica is brilliant too. It was very interesting, thanks.

Yup, I agree, the only reason I believe Liedson wasn't a 92 before, was the lack of the National Team. Now that he plays in one, and as a starter, plus the bonus of scoring goals, he deserves a rise to 92. And he won't leave Portugal, he said it himself after renewing his contract earlier this season.

Hi Derby what do you think about Joao Guilherme 85 ? Will stay on 85 or drop. I think hes played 4/5games. I can buy him in a GC so not sure if i should get him

He will stay I think. He is nothing special though, not worth the purchase. If you are looking for a similar rated CM try Hugo Viana from Braga. A much better player IMO, and will rise to 86/87.

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread

Derby Rep:Raul Meireles is pure class. It really enraged me, to say the least, that he didn´t get a 92 last ratings change. He has played every World Cup Qualifying National Team game as a starter so far, was one of the best players in the league last season (only missed cup games and a couple of league games near the end of the season due to a small injury), making a lot of assistances and goals, but it is his simple yet demolishing quick first touch passes that really excel on the pitch. He should have been a 92 contender without a doubt and he is one for the next ratings change. He is Porto´s 3rd captain, or practically the vice-captain as Nuno will play very few games, even without coming from the youth ranks like Bruno Alves and that illustrates the importance of him on and off the pitch. I was way more afraid of losing Raul Meireles this season than Lucho Gonzalez. All in all, and should Bruno Alves leave, Raul Meireles will be "the captain of our ship". He deserves a 92.

1st update: Has been playing every game for Porto and Portugal. His first exhibitions were not of the same standard as last year due to his accumulated fatigue of always playing 90 minutes for his team and National Team, but he his recovering now. I do not know how SM will rate him, but he surely deserves a 92.

I think is have a small chance to get 92 but 91 is safe

DP - i need a back up RB. Who would be the better buy from Maxi Pereira and Fucile?

Fucile is one year younger and I dont exclude a +1 now that Porto is almost in the next round of the CL and fucile is back to his good form and is playing for Uruguay.

Maxi can hit 90 if Benfica continues to play like against Everton:rolleyes: (the same as Fucile)

conclusion: cheaper=better :D

but wait for DP's(the boss:cool:) opinion

DP - i need a back up RB. Who would be the better buy from Maxi Pereira and Fucile?

My biased opinion would be Fucile. My honest opinion would be Fucile. My logical opinion would be Maxi Pereira' date=' simply because Maxi will rise to 90, whereas Fucile will stay as a 90. For obvious reasons, an 89 rising to 90 is a better choice than a 90 - wages, purchasing costs, etc.

Raul Meireles is he a safe 91? Any chance of a rise?

Check the previous page, a similar questions was asked there.

the 91 is safe and I would say 40/50% chance of a +1

starting for the NT and almost in the next round in the CL with Porto

(3rd in the league but dont worry he will be champion)

--------

Fucile is one year younger and I dont exclude a +1 now that Porto is almost in the next round of the CL and fucile is back to his good form and is playing for Uruguay.

Maxi can hit 90 if Benfica continues to play like against Everton (the same as Fucile)

conclusion: cheaper=better

but wait for DP's(the boss) opinion

Agreed in the first part. I'm just not to sure to bet on a rise for Fucile.