PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Goal of Rodríguez! Really happy and sad at the same time if you know what i mean :P

Man of the match performance in just 30 minutes. Fantastic attitude and celebration as well. Nobody deserved the goal more than him - except perhaps Kléber. If he wasn't one of our top earners I'd really love to see him staying another season, see if he could rise above his injuries and show the same quality of his debut year. I know he has it inside him, all he needs is a good stretch of games to keep his form. Too bad we're almost in January and he's probably leaving, I think our best trio to play up front ATM would be Cristian, Hulk and Kléber. James would drift to the middle, obviously. I could see City having some trouble dealing with this. :)

Also, I am a criticizer of Vitor Pereira but I have to admit he had his best match in terms of tactical approach. Despite the fact that Kleber started on the bench (again :rolleyes:) I was fairly pleased with the substitutions. Introducing Cristian after the reports during the week of their bitter discussion was a masterpiece as he seemed more motivated than ever. Taking Maicon out in the process while not changing Fernando to the RB spot means he learned with one of the few mistakes AVB ever did here. And regarding Djalma... Maybe we won a new RB? Definitely better than Maicon.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussi

Man of the match performance in just 30 minutes. Fantastic attitude and celebration as well. Nobody deserved the goal more than him - except perhaps Kléber. If he wasn't one of our top earners I'd really love to see him staying another season' date=' see if he could rise above his injuries and show the same quality of his debut year. I know he has it inside him, all he needs is a good stretch of games to keep his form. Too bad we're almost in January and he's probably leaving, I think our best trio to play up front ATM would be Cristian, Hulk and Kléber. James would drift to the middle, obviously. I could see City having some trouble dealing with this. :)

Also, I am a criticizer of Vitor Pereira but I have to admit he had his best match in terms of tactical approach. Despite the fact that Kleber started on the bench (again :rolleyes:) I was fairly pleased with the substitutions. Introducing Cristian after the reports of their bitter discussion was a masterpiece as he seemed more motivated than ever. Taking Maicon out in the process while not changing Fernando to the RB means he learned with one of the few mistakes AVB ever did here. And regarding Djalma... Maybe we won a new RB? Definitely better than Maicon.[/quote']

Well there was a radio interview with Cristian the other day and the player said he had a long talk with the coach and he pretty much told him that he was going to request the club for him to stay another half season but the player had to give everything. Said the coach trusted him but if he had to leave he would leave and try to do his best for any new club. He also said he would love to play in either Spain or England but we will see.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread -

He don't have the place in the starting 11?

And Pereira how many raise to the next revalutation?

I am not sure, in CL as well as in the league he was subbed. I don't know if he has some health problems or some quality problems.

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

To settle the Kleber situation:

RIGHT NOW, Kleber is NOT a starter in Porto. He has been out of many matches, not even on the bench sometimes. He should start playing more again though. Hulk has been playing as a CF and Porto will probably purchase a CF in the winter market. Kleber's rating will STAY, given the current situation.

couple of questions on some benfica players..

can duran nolito & Emerson hit 89 at the end of the season?

Nolito is looking at a rise to 88 in the next changes IMO, even though he is NOT in the ideal XI of Benfica's coach. Still, he has scored 7 goals in the league and this counts a lot for SM. An 89 is possible, but given his current position in the team, and with an injured winger returning as well he should rise to 88 and stay there.

Emerson is a guaranteed starter. Which doesn't make him great, but enough for SM to make him rise to 89 until the end of the season. But he performs at an 88er level.

Who do you think has a better chance of reaching 90 in the next rating changes from Defour and Guarin?

I wouldn't expect either of them to reach 90 in the next review. As far as I'm aware neither of them are playing on a regular basis and there has been talk of Guarin moving as he's no longer first choice in midfield.

The Portuguese experts may have an opinion that differs to mine though...

I wouldn't expect either of them to reach 90 in the next review. As far as I'm aware neither of them are playing on a regular basis and there has been talk of Guarin moving as he's no longer first choice in midfield.

The Portuguese experts may have an opinion that differs to mine though...

Yeah I know that they played a couple of league games (8 or 9). I know Guarin is (well was) a regular, so I presumed he got injured.

Yeah I know that they played a couple of league games (8 or 9). I know Guarin is (well was) a regular' date=' so I presumed he got injured.[/quote']

No injury as far as I'm aware, I just don't think he's a regular in the team like he was last season under AVB.

I tried looking through the threads but couldn't really figure out the right answer.

I can buy one of Jorge Rolando, Maxi Periera, Diego Godin (Best NT) and Stephene Mbia.

Who should I go for? I am tending towards Rolando, but Godin has been good I have heard :)

I tried looking through the threads but couldn't really figure out the right answer.

I can buy one of Jorge Rolando' date=' Maxi Periera, Diego Godin (Best NT) and Stephene Mbia.

Who should I go for? I am tending towards Rolando, but Godin has been good I have heard :)[/quote']

That's a tricky one. I'd probably go for either Rolando or M'bia. There's not much to choose between the above list of players

Who do you think has a better chance of reaching 90 in the next rating changes from Defour and Guarin?

Both have 0% chances of reaching 90. Because both aren't starters in Porto. They might start every now and then' date=' but Porto's lineup right now seems to have Fernando, Moutinho and James in the midfield, with Belluschi being the 1st substitute.

How many raise kleber and alvaro pereira to the end of season?

And how many raise in the future?

Alvaro has a slight chance for a rise to 91. Still, he will probably be transferred in the summer to a big club, where I expect him to be a starter. A good purchase for the future, to my mind.

Kleber.. He isn't the starter anymore for a while, also I assume Porto will buy a CF this month. If you've made money out of him, it's a good time to sell him. I don't believe that he is a great talent for the future as well. Still, holding him should do no harm.