PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Keep him' date=' don't let him go!! :) Awesome talent who will reach 90 this season.[/quote']

Yea awesome talent,I do see him rising to 90 [barring injury] but will he switch the red shirt of Benfica to a Man United one?They are long tern admirers of him and have asked about his transfer fee and buy out clause in his contract already Benfica payed 8.4 million for the player and look to make a substantial profit when they do sell the Argentine wing-wizard.

Yea awesome talent' date='I do see him rising to 90 [barring injury'] but will he switch the red shirt of Benfica to a Man United one?They are long tern admirers of him and have asked about his transfer fee and buy out clause in his contract already Benfica payed 8.4 million for the player and look to make a substantial profit when they do sell the Argentine wing-wizard.

I'd not be surprised to see him in a Utd shirt, but there most certainly will be a queue of admirers ready to bid for him if he becomes available. I believe that Gaitan himself has spoken of his pleasure of being linked with Utd, so there is no doubt that he'd like the move if it were to come to fruition.

Talent wise...better than Di Maria?

Wow' date=' Kleber isn't a talent for the future and Gaitan is a wing-wizard. Please PM me when this thread stops being a page from serbenfiquista.com

Thaaaaaaank you.[/quote']

I am not a supporter of Benfica, Wing wizard was maybe a bit of a contentious wording but I was giving an opinion on my view if the player .I know you have a disdain for all things Benfica so thought an open an honest opinion on the player was necessary as you wouldn't be likely to give one.

I have been offered James Rodriguez for 20 million. I don't care about the money' date=' I just would like to know if he is someone who could be a real star rather sooner than later (92+)[/quote']

If money is not an objection I'd take the deal. He's a top player. It's rare for players in Portugal to be rated 92 nowadays, but he will easily reach 91 here.

Done a lot of research and bought Moreno Rodrigo over Nelson Olievera , has Moreno been a regular starter this season ? I guess he has had a good few matches which I know. Is he a 90+ in the future?

Any other good young prospect except Nelson who can reach 90ish?

Done a lot of research and bought Moreno Rodrigo over Nelson Olievera ' date=' has Moreno been a regular starter this season ? I guess he has had a good few matches which I know. Is he a 90+ in the future?

Any other good young prospect except Nelson who can reach 90ish?[/quote']

Funny thing, you said that you did a lot of research and you don't know was he a starter... I don't know either but I wasn't researching mate... :o

Funny thing' date=' you said that you did a lot of research and you don't know was he a starter... I don't know either but I wasn't researching mate... :o[/quote']

I found out he has started 7, but wasn't really sure how well he is doing compared to the other strikers and how much he be starting ahead of the others.

I found out he has started 7' date=' but wasn't really sure how well he is doing compared to the other strikers and how much he be starting ahead of the others.[/quote']

Only 2 starts in the league, Hes still behind Cazorla, Saviola and Noltio. That will most likely continue for the rest of the season. Maybe the odd start against the small club, but a regular off the bench.

I dont watch much Portugese football (Only highlights and in UCL) but he looks a decent play. He did quite well at Bolton aswell. He can finish the season at 87 if Benfica keep up there form.

CARRILLO, André

SISSOKO, Ibrahim

KELVIN, Mateus

RUBIO, Diego

I have these 4 in my teams , are they keepers or should i sell them for money , i know that sissoko is moving to germany and wolsfburg so i'm thinking of keeping him

CARRILLO' date=' André

SISSOKO, Ibrahim

KELVIN, Mateus

RUBIO, Diego

I have these 4 in my teams , are they keepers or should i sell them for money , i know that sissoko is moving to germany and wolsfburg so i'm thinking of keeping him[/quote']

Keep Carrillo and Kelvin, they have a lot of tallent. The other two i don't think they have what is needed to be great players, maybe Sissoko will get +1 rise but i don't think he'll be more than average player.

Wow' date=' Kleber isn't a talent for the future and Gaitan is a wing-wizard. Please PM me when this thread stops being a page from serbenfiquista.com

Thaaaaaaank you.[/quote']

I'm not from Benfica or even Porto but, Gaitan is a great player. Kleber is just a good one. I'll put it in SM terms, Gaitan could easily get the 91 or 92 mark, Kleber i think we would not rise from 88 or 89 with luck. In Porto the player to bet is James Rodriguez, and in Benfica is Rodigo Moreno, for sure.

Only 2 starts in the league' date=' Hes still behind [b']Cazorla[/b], Saviola and Noltio. That will most likely continue for the rest of the season. Maybe the odd start against the small club, but a regular off the bench.

I dont watch much Portugese football (Only highlights and in UCL) but he looks a decent play. He did quite well at Bolton aswell. He can finish the season at 87 if Benfica keep up there form.

Cazorla?? B) i wish he was in Benfica..

Done a lot of research and bought Moreno Rodrigo over Nelson Olievera ' date=' has Moreno been a regular starter this season ? I guess he has had a good few matches which I know. Is he a 90+ in the future?

Any other good young prospect except Nelson who can reach 90ish?[/quote']

Nelson Oliveira will be a sure starter across the League Cup matches, because every team is obliged to use at least 2 portuguese players (i think 2, not sure) and Benfica barely have Portuguese players so.. :confused: Nelson is a talent, with 75% chances the future CF of the Portuguese NT, but in the long term only.

Rodrigo is part of the 14-player group that are the absolute starters in Benfica. He is playing at a superb level, surely one of the 2/3 best forwards in Portugal. He is looking at 88 in May, but is surely reaching 90/91 across next season, assuming he stays in Portugal.

Rodrigo is part of the 14-player group that are the absolute starters in Benfica. He is playing at a superb level' date=' surely one of the 2/3 best forwards in Portugal. He is looking at 88 in May, but is surely reaching 90/91 across next season, assuming he stays in Portugal.[/quote']

That sounds very promising pedro, i have him in one of my teams. Have never really seen him play, so could you please provide me a list with his characteristics of what puts him above the average player? eg finishing or creating.

Also is he talented enough to be the next player to leave benfica for over 20ME? (Luiz, Ramires, Coentrao)

That sounds very promising pedro' date=' i have him in one of my teams. Have never really seen him play, so could you please provide me a list with his characteristics of what puts him above the average player? eg finishing or creating.

Also is he talented enough to be the next player to leave benfica for over 20ME? (Luiz, Ramires, Coentrao)[/quote']

I think he can, I think Read Madrid have a buy back option and Madrid can do with one more striker. I do try to follow him a bit and Moreno scored a brace a week back for Benfica (started the match). If he is on a 70% chance to reach 90/91 next season I will keep hold of him :)

I just got little James Rodrigues by tempting the Porto manager into bidding for my Pjanic with Rodrigues + 5mil, took a couple of weeks to get him to finally do it but a good deal :o I hope he keeps up this form though, an extremely good player atm. I could also get Moreno for £6mil but I'm not too convinced yet seeing as there isn't much hype or concrete info about him on the forum, I think I'll wait a little closer to the changes

I just got little James Rodrigues by tempting the Porto manager into bidding for my Pjanic with Rodrigues + 5mil' date=' took a couple of weeks to get him to finally do it but a good deal :o I hope he keeps up this form though, an extremely good player atm. I could also get Moreno for £6mil but I'm not too convinced yet seeing as there isn't much hype or concrete info about him on the forum, I think I'll wait a little closer to the changes[/quote']

If it's a competitive set-up, I'd get Rodrigo ASAP.

If it's a competitive set-up' date=' I'd get Rodrigo ASAP.[/quote']

It's not really competitive but there are a few teams who can be a real annoyance, but I'll pick him up considering your response :D

Do you think the selling Pjanic for 6mil + Rodriguez is a good deal too? I'm having some second doubts now considering he's back fit and Roma are playing much better than the way they started the season + he could rise to 93 there whereas for Rodriguez the max at porto would probably be 91/92 :confused:

Do you think the selling Pjanic for 6mil + Rodriguez is a good deal too? I'm having some second doubts now considering he's back fit and Roma are playing much better than the way they started the season + he could rise to 93 there whereas for Rodriguez the max at porto would probably be 91/92 :confused:

I'd go as far as giving money plus Pjanic to buy James (not possible due to CV values, but still). He is immense.

I don't think Pjanic will ever hit 93, let alone at Roma. James on the other hand is definitely one of the hottest U-21 prospects in Europe.

I'd go as far as giving money plus Pjanic to buy James (not possible due to CV values' date=' but still). He is immense.

I don't think Pjanic will ever hit 93, let alone at Roma. James on the other hand is definitely one of the hottest U-21 prospects in Europe.[/quote']

Haha :D The original deal was to give Pjanic for Rodriguez and he was very determined to do that, and after seeing that I decided I'll try get a little money out of him :rolleyes: The thing is with Pjanic, at Lyon he was a great player with buckets of talent and he still does have quite a bit of talent but I'm not sure if Roma is the place he should've gone, I don't think he'll develop there as well as he would've at other places in Europe and unfortunately that may stump his potential to hit 93, which I think would be around his peak. He also has a bit of competition in his position with Lamela on fire at the moment, Borini playing really well on the wing there too and Roma's other young winger that I can't remember at this moment.

James on the other hand I've heard much good about but the simple fact is that for him to progress his career further past the 90/91 mark he'll need to leave Porto due to the league cap, and that is my worry. There are always players who fail to settle into other teams, leagues and countries and unfortunately it is a massive risk as it stalls their development for atleast another year, if not a few. The thing is with Pjanic he has settled fairly well and the league cap in Italy is much higher than in Portugal and I think he could, depending on Roma's success, reach 91/92 faster and easier than it would be for Rodriguez.

Oh well though, I've been trying to get Rodriguez for months now and I've finally gotten the chance so I'll just let this deal go through and maybe in a couple months, if Pjanic is playing well I'll sign him back. Thanks for all the help guys :o