PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Apparently Everton are close to agreeing a deal for Eder from Academica' date=' anything being said over in Portugal?[/quote']

I thought the deal had fallen through a few weeks back as Eder failed to turn up at the airport? Maybe my sources were incorrect? :eek:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

I thought the deal had fallen through a few weeks back as Eder failed to turn up at the airport? Maybe my sources were incorrect? :eek:

Apparently some Everton scouts have been watching him and Adrien Silva. You may be right as it is only a rumour I heard on twitter:o

Apparently some Everton scouts have been watching him and Adrien Silva. You may be right as it is only a rumour I heard on twitter:o

Well it looks as those rumours may have some truth ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/19/david-moyes-adrien-silva-everton

I also remember Eder being linked with Arsenal at the end of December too

do you think N. Gaitan can rise again? next rating change

Look' date=' to be honest, i'm not so sure about Gaitan. He is too unstable for a 90 yet. Still, across next season he should be at a much better level of consistency.

That sounds very promising pedro, i have him in one of my teams. Have never really seen him play, so could you please provide me a list with his characteristics of what puts him above the average player? eg finishing or creating.

Also is he talented enough to be the next player to leave benfica for over 20ME? (Luiz, Ramires, Coentrao)

Rodrigo is a tall, fit striker who has a great running dribble, so much more in the style of Ronaldo than Messi (short touch dribble), and displays during the matches a "thirst" for goals that keeps him working very hard to score a goal. He is effective when it comes to shooting, not a hitman though.

He fits perfectly in Benfica's team-play football.

He is surely talented enough to leave Benfica for at least €25M IMO.

Defour has any chance for a 90 next ratings reviews ?

Right now, 0% chances. And even if he starts playing more i have serious doubts. However, the changes should happen in May only. A lot can happen til then.

Lorenzo Melgarejo~What prospect does this guy have ?

Will he rise over the next few ratings changes ?

probably will rise to 82/83. MIGHT return to Benfica at the end of the season.

What you think' date=' can Garay get 90 on next review?[/quote']

It's possible, he is a great CB in my opinion. But let's see his performances in the CL.

Right now, i wouldn't put my money on a rise although it is possible.

Conceciao Emerson: he is Benfica's number one' date=' but is he a class player?[/quote']

He's a good solid player from what I've seen oh him. But I wouldn't say he's a top class player (meaning I don't think he'll rise much higher than 90/91 in the future)

Yes' date=' you may ask...

His last 3 seasons playing for Lille and all his CL games this season for Benfica. So, I've more than likely seen more of him than your good self ;)[/quote']

Hmph, OK, three seasons for Lille and his CL games for Benfica. Basically you've been "watching" Emerson for the past 4 years and you still think he's good? Or solid? LOL. Are you sure you even watched Benfica's CL games? If you did you'd know how horrendous he was in the competition, and Benfica didn't even face strong opponents aside from ManU. He is by far the weakest link in the team. Ask any regular Benfica fan what's the difference in switching from Coentrao to Emerson. He simply plays because Benfica's manager was extremely negligent towards Capdevila and there's no one else available to play there. The manager himself said that César Peixoto could have been a starter in the position by now, which sums up how highly Emerson is rated. He is average. Not good, not solid, not 90 or 90+ material. Simply average.

I'm not sure but there should be about 12 or 13 pure left backs who are rated 90 or above in SM. Emerson doesn't even get close to any of them.

My point is that people should only give advice when they actually know what they're talking about. There's a reason why questions like these are posed in the League Predictions section instead of the Help With Deals' thread.

Hmph' date=' OK, three seasons for Lille and his CL games for Benfica. Basically you've been "watching" Emerson for the past 4 years and you still think he's good? Or solid? LOL. Are you sure you even watched Benfica's CL games? If you did you'd know how horrendous he was in the competition, and Benfica didn't even face strong opponents aside from ManU. He is by far the weakest link in the team. Ask any regular Benfica fan what's the difference in switching from Coentrao to Emerson. He simply plays because Benfica's manager was extremely negligent towards Capdevila and there's no one else available to play there. The manager himself said that César Peixoto could have been a starter in the position by now, which sums up how highly Emerson is rated. He is average. Not good, not solid, not 90 or 90+ material. Simply average.

I'm not sure but there should be about 12 or 13 pure left backs who are rated 90 or above in SM. Emerson doesn't even get close to any of them.

My point is that people should only give advice when they actually know what they're talking about. There's a reason why questions like these are posed in the League Predictions section instead of the Help With Deals' thread.[/quote']

Climb down off your high horse and take a deep breathe, I said he was a good solid player and he's not top class. So how you've managed to twist that into me saying he was anything other than that is beyond me.

I've seen him play more than you therefore my opinion is worth just as much, if not more than yours mate.

If I had answered saying he was a fantastic player that will become top class then I'd happily hold my hands up, but I still believe he's a good solid player and nothing more. You may not agree with my opinion, fair enough....everyone has a different opinion

Anyway, that's my last post on the matter. End of discussion ;)

I'm going to blend in to this discussion (supposedly ended in the last post) because what matters right now is Emerson's present, and i've seen every match he's played this season. And to answer the original question. He is really purely average. He can run, he can solidly resist 90 minutes, he is a good defender, retrieves a good amount of balls, and offensively is improving, yet all he can do is run closer to the line to make an average cross. He is 88 right now, will only rise if Benfica does a great season, and this rise would probably only happen after the summer.

Climb down off your high horse and take a deep breathe' date=' I said he was a good solid player and he's not top class. So how you've managed to twist that into me saying he was anything other than that is beyond me.

I've seen him play more than you therefore my opinion is worth just as much, if not more than yours mate.

If I had answered saying he was a fantastic player that will become top class then I'd happily hold my hands up, but I still believe he's a good solid player and nothing more. You may not agree with my opinion, fair enough....everyone has a different opinion.[/quote']

Oi? You're the only one who's twisting posts here. You said he wouldn't rise much higher than 90/91 in the future. I made my case from there. It isn't my fault if you didn't get it.

Anyway, that's my last post on the matter. End of discussion ;)

It's pretty obvious that the discussion was over as soon as I made my previous post.

Nope. Apparently we did make an offer' date=' but Santos was quick to dismiss it. They're looking for a fee way too high for us, or any club who isn't ruled by a sheik.[/quote']

I heard that his investors like the offer but the club were holding out for more. Obviously the final decision is not only that of Santos' as they own only 45% of Ganso's rights but he is contracted to them, so it's a tricky situation to come to some kind of agreement.

Been hearing this all day' date=' and never even knew you'd confirmed them on here.

Any idea on fees?[/quote']

Lucho costed 3,5M according to the French press. Janko is not confirmed yet, but the fee should be something between 5M-6M, and there's no word on Guarin and Belluschi's transfer value as of now.