PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Hey mate' date=' can you answer me with this question: I am on a Division 4 challenge, and i brought Ewerton (Sporting Braga) when he was 78. He rose to 83, but this is my question: Should i keep him???? How much will he rise next changes??

Thanks in advance[/quote']

hey mate. i´m not DP, but in case you need a fast answer, i think you should keep him, specially if it´s a competitive Game World, there i think he´s a must keep. He´s playing really good in his first season in Portugal, one of the best CB´s in our league from what i´ve seen. He´s solid, strong, kinda fast (for a CB), good on aerial balls and good antecipation. He missed last 2/3 games because of injury but he will be back on the team soon. Braga is becoming an important team in Portugal and they´re on the fight for this season´s tittle. Ewerton will probably rise to 85, or even 86. And he will reach 88 fast. Then depends on how his carrer will develop, but i think he has great potential and can become a great CB. He´s better than any CB of Sporting CP (it´s not that hard i know, but still xD) and he would fight to partner with Rolando in Porto and Luisão in Benfica imo. So, if you keep him, i think it´s probably for the best. Cheers.

Okay,got myself in a new setup. Just taking care of Porto. Since I'm no expert in Portuguese Primeira Liga and rarely watch Porto game except for european game. So I guess I need a few help with this player.

Which one should I keep or sell?

• DANILO, Luiz
  • CASTRO, André
  • UKRA, Monteiro
  • MANGALA, Eliaquim
  • KLEBER, Pinheiro
  • SANDRO, Alex
  • ITURBE, Juan
  • WALTER, Henrique
  • PEDRO, Rui

Sorry for copy and pasta.

Thanks in advance. :)

What about Nuno Reis from Sporting. Is he worth keeping? Currently on loan at Cercle Brugge.

Yes. As I recall' date=' he was one of the best CBs in the U-20 WC. Loaning him out was a huge mistake, considering how squishy Sporting's defence turned out to be. He's better than the likes of Polga or Alberto Rodriguez and I guess he'll be in the squad next season.

what about Maicon Pereira (Porto)? Can he reach 89 in the next review??

Definitely! I always mentioned his potential in older posts. As some of you may recall, I pointed out the similarities to Pepe (including the bald head :D). Anyway, he improved his game a lot and I put him ahead of Otamendi right now. He's still playing regularly as a RB though, God knows why...

Hi DP' date=' hoping to pick your brains for a mo. Which player(s) would you say have been the biggest surprise(s) of the season in positive terms?

Any players that are not necessarily household names that stand out to you as potential stars?

Cheers in advance...[/quote']

Rodrigo, Ewerton and Carrilo. I do not include James in this lot because he ain't really a surprise, he has always been that good. Anyway, all three of them will get a nice bump in their rating (guessing a +3) and they are must keeps.

James Rodriguez to 90?

I'd stop doing predictions if he didn't.

just a curiosity

what do you think of jeffren of sporting lisboa?

i'm managing sporting in a custom game world so it's very hard to decide which players should be sold

thanks in advance

Barcelona sold him cheaply for a reason. He is competing with Alberto Rodriguez to see who can stay injured for longer. It's a sad truth. Don't bother with him.

Can we see Diego Capel again at 90?

Not any time soon. Sporting needs CL football before getting higher ratings and the only players who'll get 90 are the ones playing for their respective NT's. Capel is not representing Spain ATM and I can't see him being called in the future.

will oscar cardoso of benfica rise? thanks.

He doesn't deserve to be rated the same as Hulk or higher than Aimar. But the truth is that his goalscoring record is approaching the same tally of when he first went to 91. And he has CL football. The odds are high' date=' but honestly there are better strikers out there.

and Rui Patricio on same level?

Yep, he'll be the starter for Portugal in Euro and he's becoming a top notch GK. 90 is pretty much a no-brainer, but let's see how SM behaves.

Okay' date='got myself in a new setup. Just taking care of Porto. Since I'm no expert in Portuguese Primeira Liga and rarely watch Porto game except for european game. So I guess I need a few help with this player.

Which one should I keep or sell?

[list']

[*]DANILO, Luiz

[*]CASTRO, André

[*]UKRA, Monteiro

[*]MANGALA, Eliaquim

[*]KLEBER, Pinheiro

[*]SANDRO, Alex

[*]ITURBE, Juan

[*]WALTER, Henrique

[*]PEDRO, Rui

Sorry for copy and pasta.

Thanks in advance. :)

Sell Walter and Rui Pedro. Maybe Ukra as well if you need the money. The others should be kept.

I've seen a fair bit of Andre Castro this season for Sporting Gijon and he has impressed me but I'm wondering whether to take a chance on him, he could get 87 but I'm wondering what will happen to him after his loan spell ends and he goes back to Porto because I doubt they will want him, they might loan him out again or possibly sell him, have you heard anything?

And I was also wondering if Helder Barbosa of Braga is worth a shout, played a lot of minutes this season and Braga are in good form, just wondering if he could get an 88 by the end of the season?

Hi,

What do you think about the following players and what do you think it will happen in the next review?

> Rui Patricio (SCP)

> João Pereira (SCP)

> Silvestre Varela (FCP)

> Rúben Ferreira (Marítimo)

> Cédric Soares (SCP)

> Rafael Lopes (Vit. de Setúbal)

> Josué Pesqueira (Paços de Ferreira)

I've read here and there but I would like to know your opinion.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

just picked up sporting cp in a new set up. any players i SHOULD defo keep and due a rise?

Ricky van wolfswinkel is one you should keep also your keeper Rui. Other you should sell as cant seel most rising etc. Stand out players for Sporting are insua , ellias , pereria , rvw and rui