PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Ricky van wolfswinkel is one you should keep also your keeper Rui. Other you should sell as cant seel most rising etc. Stand out players for Sporting are insua ' date=' ellias , pereria , rvw and rui[/quote']

I agree with the ones mentioned but i would add Matias Fernandez to that list, he´s really talented. Also André Martins is a promising youngster imo, and he´s starting to get some gametime. Like MaoaM mentioned you should keep Carrilo, he has big potential. Then there´s players like Rinaudo, who did awsome before gets injured (he was the soul of the team) and Daniel Carriço, who performed good in last games imo in his new position, Defensive Midfielder. I would keep them, but if you can get better... Izmailov is a class player but he´s injury phrone and he´s getting old, so you probably will find more attractive players. Capel isn´t bad, has some quality and is a generous player, but lacks inteligence and vision imo. He really needs to raise his head when he´s playing. I think he wont surpass 90 in his carrer. But definitely keep Rui Patricio, he´s now a top keeper. He´s saving Sporting so many times... He´s the main men to keep. Cheers.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Ricky van wolfswinkel is one you should keep also your keeper Rui. Other you should sell as cant seel most rising etc. Stand out players for Sporting are insua ' date=' ellias , pereria , rvw and rui[/quote']

Yeh, keep the ones he said + Diego Rubio, Atila Turan and Santiago Arias. ;)

Nelson Oliveira 82 -> 85/86, although i think he should be rated same as rodrigo moreno, rodrigo is a little bit more fast and better in dribbling, but nelson is way better overall. And theres the chances in national team, rodrigo is a good prospect but i don't think it has any chance in spanish squad, while oliveira is the future striker for portugal, and maybe, just maybe gets a breakthrough now in euro 2012. What do you guys think?

Nelson Oliveira 82 -> 85/86' date=' although i think he should be rated same as rodrigo moreno, rodrigo is a little bit more fast and better in dribbling, but nelson is way better overall. And theres the chances in national team, rodrigo is a good prospect but i don't think it has any chance in spanish squad, while oliveira is the future striker for portugal, and maybe, just maybe gets a breakthrough now in euro 2012. What do you guys think?[/quote']

I think you are wrong - rodrigo currentyl is WAY better than nelson oliveira in every aspects although you are right about nelson oliveira having better chances in his national team than rodigo

I'm after an educated opinion on Gaitan.

Firstly I've been less than impressed with him on each and very occasion I've seen him play in European competitions and I simply cannot fathom why he's held in such high regard.

So my question: Is Gaitan just in a bad run of form or is he just not as great a player as we're led to believe with all the media hype that has surrounded him in the past?

Also, would it be correct to assume he'll stick with his current rating in the next Portuguese review?

Cheers

I'm after an educated opinion on Gaitan.

Firstly I've been less than impressed with him on each and very occasion I've seen him play in European competitions and I simply cannot fathom why he's held in such high regard.

So my question: Is Gaitan just in a bad run of form or is he just not as great a player as we're led to believe with all the media hype that has surrounded him in the past?

Also' date=' would it be correct to assume he'll stick with his current rating in the next Portuguese review?

Cheers[/quote']

I can respond you on this :D.

Gaitan was good just in start of season but now he's doing completely rubbish and he was just very OVERHYPED with all United move...I think that is the reason of his form...the United move.He'll stick with 89 but I'll stay away from him now...he's nothing special IMO and isnt United quality or a big club quality.He can do it at a club like Valencia,Lyon but not at a club like United,City.....

I'd deffo buy Rodrigo from Benfica if u want a future star who'll not become a flop.

I can respond you on this :D.

Gaitan was good just in start of season but now he's doing completely rubbish and he was just very OVERHYPED with all United move...I think that is the reason of his form...the United move.He'll stick with 89 but I'll stay away from him now...he's nothing special IMO and isnt United quality or a big club quality.He can do it at a club like Valencia' date='Lyon but not at a club like United,City.....

I'd deffo buy Rodrigo from Benfica if u want a future star who'll not become a flop.[/quote']

Cheers bud, I have Gaitan and Rodrigo already. I'm mulling over selling Gaitan as I don't rate him as a player that has the ability to make it at the very top.

But my opinion is based on only around 10 games and I don't like to dismiss players on such a low number of performances.

The United and City links are nonsense as far as I'm concerned as he's not a player that would improve either squad from what I've seen. It's simply the media linking United to players that have impressed one 1 occasion whilst playing against them.....look at how many Bilbao players have been linked to United in the last few weeks ;)

Cheers bud' date=' I have Gaitan and Rodrigo already. I'm mulling over selling Gaitan as I don't rate him as a player that has the ability to make it at the very top.

But my opinion is based on only around 10 games and I don't like to dismiss players on such a low number of performances.

The United and City links are nonsense as far as I'm concerned as he's not a player that would improve either squad from what I've seen. It's simply the media linking United to players that have impressed one 1 occasion whilst playing against them.....look at how many Bilbao players have been linked to United in the last few weeks ;)[/quote']

Actually if a top youngster play vs United they're already linked with United..anyway Gaitan isnt something special.Id sell him right now because some ppls will overpay for him.

I think you are wrong - rodrigo currentyl is WAY better than nelson oliveira in every aspects although you are right about nelson oliveira having better chances in his national team than rodigo

Tell me why rodrigo is WAY better than nelson? Rodrigo arrived at benfica this season, from loan at bolton, and had already a place on the team, mainly because is performances in U21 for spain, because it was a fairly huge buy and because saviola wasn't playing well.

While nelson is a formation product from benfica youth system, and we all know that benfica almost never supports a youngster from its own school, and with a bit of luck he did get its chance and did deliver very good indeed. Rodrigo did a better season, of course, at the beginning at least, but because he got more chances.

Nelson is better at getting the ball, keeping it, and delivering it, either by air or ground, he is fast, good dribbler, but not that good finalizing yet. Rodrigo needs that the others work for the ball then to give it to him, so we can do what he does best run and dribble, sure, he is faster than nelson and a better scorer yet. wait and see, he is a better player, and has more potential than rodrigo.

Tell me why rodrigo is WAY better than nelson? Rodrigo arrived at benfica this season' date=' from loan at bolton, and had already a place on the team, mainly because is performances in U21 for spain, because it was a fairly huge buy and because saviola wasn't playing well.

While nelson is a formation product from benfica youth system, and we all know that benfica almost never supports a youngster from its own school, and with a bit of luck he did get its chance and did deliver very good indeed. Rodrigo did a better season, of course, at the beginning at least, but because he got more chances.

Nelson is better at getting the ball, keeping it, and delivering it, either by air or ground, he is fast, good dribbler, but not that good finalizing yet. Rodrigo needs that the others work for the ball then to give it to him, so we can do what he does best run and dribble, sure, he is faster than nelson and a better scorer yet. wait and see, he is a better player, and has more potential than rodrigo.[/quote']

Well, I am comparing both players right now, and right now Rodrigo is MUCH more a player than NO, there's no doubt in my mind. Yes NO has qualities perhaps better then Rodrigo in ball reception and pshisical strenght, but Rodrigo is much more a team player he is very clever in his movements with/without ball and very fast in dribbling/shooting (8 goals in less then 1000 minutes). And if he has the ability to bench a world class player like Saviola, that says a lot of things about what his current level already is.

Bare in mind however that NO is one year younger then the spanish so his progression margin is certainly pretty huge still and will perhaps become a very good player when he peakes, but Rodrigo for me is no longer a promise he's simply one of the best forwards in the league already. I'm sure that the braga, porto and sporting fans would trade (not considering the differences in tactical optionalities) immediatly any of their CF's for Rodrigo (kleber, janko, wolfskinkel, seba, carlão etc etc etc)

Well' date=' I am comparing both players right now, and right now Rodrigo is MUCH more a player than NO, there's no doubt in my mind. Yes NO has qualities perhaps better then Rodrigo in ball reception and pshisical strenght, but Rodrigo is much more a team player he is very clever in his movements with/without ball and very fast in dribbling/shooting (8 goals in less then 1000 minutes). And if he has the ability to bench a world class player like Saviola, that says a lot of things about what his current level already is.

Bare in mind however that NO is one year younger then the spanish so his progression margin is certainly pretty huge still and will perhaps become a very good player when he peakes, but Rodrigo for me is no longer a promise he's simply one of the best forwards in the league already. I'm sure that the braga, porto and sporting fans would trade (not considering the differences in tactical optionalities) immediatly any of their CF's for Rodrigo (kleber, janko, wolfskinkel, seba, carlão etc etc etc)[/quote']

Saviola was a World Class Player, not anymore, just a guy that gets to warm the bench and earns 150000 euros per month.

Perhaps next season when Jorge Jesus and Cardozo are gone from benfica, will see the true showdown between those two players. Till then i still think Oliveira is a better player, just needs more minutes with the team in the game field.

I think wolfswinkel is a very good player, but just not at his game right now, just like rodrigo, and you forgot Hulk, although i think he is immensely overrated, he is still way better than rodrigo at the moment.

Saviola was a World Class Player' date=' not anymore, just a guy that gets to warm the bench and earns 150000 euros per month.

Perhaps next season when Jorge Jesus and Cardozo are gone from benfica, will see the true showdown between those two players. Till then i still think Oliveira is a better player, just needs more minutes with the team in the game field.

I think wolfswinkel is a very good player, but just not at his game right now, just like rodrigo, and you forgot Hulk, although i think he is immensely overrated, he is still way better than rodrigo at the moment.[/quote']

;) I think you are being a little unfair with saviola, one does not simply quit beeing a world class player in less then a year time.. And perhaps if JJ gave him more minutes when Rodrigo got that injury from the CL game (against Zenit if I am recalling it right) Benfica would have not flopped another season as it all seems to point right now. And from your opinion, I get the feel you don't rate Cardozo pretty much, in which I must strongly disagree again with you, he is simply the best CF in the league!

BTW, you believe JJ will be fired? He still has the Bwin Cup to win! (Go GIL!) :D:D But, to be honest, I too believe his job is somewhat at risk, guess it will be a hot theme for the press in the following months.....

About Hulk, I took special care to compare the CF's, and Hulk is FWD/Wing.. Also is Lima and I believe these players are still better then Rodrigo. If I had to grade the best forwards in the league it would be something like this:

1. Hulk/CArdozo

2. Lima

3. Rodrigo

;) I think you are being a little unfair with saviola' date=' one does not simply quit beeing a world class player in less then a year time.. And perhaps if JJ gave him more minutes when Rodrigo got that injury from the CL game (against Zenit if I am recalling it right) Benfica would have not flopped another season as it all seems to point right now. And from your opinion, I get the feel you don't rate Cardozo pretty much, in which I must strongly disagree again with you, he is simply the best CF in the league!

BTW, you believe JJ will be fired? He still has the Bwin Cup to win! (Go GIL!) :D:D But, to be honest, I too believe his job is somewhat at risk, guess it will be a hot theme for the press in the following months.....

About Hulk, I took special care to compare the CF's, and Hulk is FWD/Wing.. Also is Lima and I believe these players are still better then Rodrigo. If I had to grade the best forwards in the league it would be something like this:

1. Hulk/CArdozo

2. Lima

3. Rodrigo[/quote']

help me out on this one...

in what order would you put on:

Melgarejo

Djaniny

Christian Atsu

who has done the best this season & who is guna be potentially the better of the lot.

thanks

help me out on this one...

in what order would you put on:

Melgarejo

Djaniny

Christian Atsu

who has done the best this season & who is guna be potentially the better of the lot.

thanks

In my opinion i would rate:

Melgarejo

Atso

Djaniny

Although i think maybe Atso has the biggest potential of the three, Melgarejo had 2 really excellent games against 2 top clubs in Portugal, Benfica e Porto. And it will for almost certain stay at benfica next season. Djaniny will be lost from loan to loan until sold to a midtable team in portugal for a penny or a top bottom team elsewhere. I don't think Atso has a chance in Porto, because of the Club policy, "don't give youngsters a chance" and i say that for all i seen in recent years in porto, all great young players who passed through porto and almost everyone with Portuguese nationality (Paulo Machado, Hélder Barbosa, Vieirinha, Pele, Candeias) and some that still are on loan by porto but will never get a chance (Ukra, Miguel Lopes, Castro, Sergio Oliveira, kelvin).

Bottom line if i could choose i would buy Melgarejo.

;) I think you are being a little unfair with saviola' date=' one does not simply quit beeing a world class player in less then a year time.. And perhaps if JJ gave him more minutes when Rodrigo got that injury from the CL game (against Zenit if I am recalling it right) Benfica would have not flopped another season as it all seems to point right now. And from your opinion, I get the feel you don't rate Cardozo pretty much, in which I must strongly disagree again with you, he is simply the best CF in the league!

1. Hulk/CArdozo

2. Lima

3. Rodrigo[/quote']

It wasn't just a year, saviola is in decline at least 2 years, his best years are long gone mate. I rate Lima way above Cardozo, and there is one little flaw in Lima SM Profile. he's not a Winger, he's a CF and nothing more, and has everything that cardozo doesn't, like speed, strenght, composure, uses both feet, good in the air, fairly good dribble and pass, good protecting the ball. Come on, how can you say Cardozo is the best striker in the league when he almost never wins a ball, he doesn't know how to do a pass when he wins it, he can't run, he´s very poor in the air, and misses almost 15 penalties in the passed 2 or 3 years. He´s just plain awful, the only good thing he has is he's left foot kick power, and even that he rarely uses for scoring. JJ is worst than average Manager, he doesn't know how to rotate players, has bad judgement in choosing players for the squad, he won the league three years ago because he had a top notch squad, Di Maria, Ramires, David Luiz, Fabio Coentrão, and etc...even he couldn't loose that one, these last 2 years i only say two reasons why we lost the everything, Roberto and Emerson, awful awful players, only matched by some past players like Gilles Binya, Beto, Luis Filipe, Edcarlos etc...

In my opinion i would rate:

Melgarejo

Atso

Djaniny

Although i think maybe Atso has the biggest potential of the three' date=' Melgarejo had 2 really excellent games against 2 top clubs in Portugal, Benfica e Porto. And it will for almost certain stay at benfica next season. Djaniny will be lost from loan to loan until sold to a midtable team in portugal for a penny or a top bottom team elsewhere. I don't think Atso has a chance in Porto, because of the Club policy, "don't give youngsters a chance" and i say that for all i seen in recent years in porto, all great young players who passed through porto and almost everyone with Portuguese nationality (Paulo Machado, Hélder Barbosa, Vieirinha, Pele, Candeias) and some that still are on loan by porto but will never get a chance (Ukra, Miguel Lopes, Castro, Sergio Oliveira, kelvin).

Bottom line if i could choose i would buy Melgarejo.[/quote']

great answer. melgarejo was my 1st choice so il pull the bids on the other two.

This Melgarejo - his age differs between soccerway and SM DB. The source of all knowledge wikipedia says SM is right.

From what I can make out, he has scored around 9 goals in around 25 games for Pacos de Ferreira?

This Melgarejo - his age differs between soccerway and SM DB. The source of all knowledge wikipedia says SM is right.

From what I can make out' date=' he has scored around 9 goals in around 25 games for Pacos de Ferreira?[/quote']

yep his age is 21, 10th august 1990 is his D.O.B

he has had a good campaign, which you have correctly highlighted.

article from the express highlighting Celtic's interest in him for a loan spell next season...Benfica seem to have put a 20M bounty on his head too...

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/307969

yep his age is 21' date=' 10th august 1990 is his D.O.B

he has had a good campaign, which you have correctly highlighted.

article from the express highlighting Celtic's interest in him for a loan spell next season...Benfica seem to have put a 20M bounty on his head too...

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/307969

looks like he may well be worth a punt. His stats certainly are pretty impressive for an on loan young player

I also agree with vitor_mfc

1. Melgarejo

2. Atsu

3. Djaniny

And you can't get Melgarejo wrong although his future will be brighter the further he stays from benfica's squad. The same applies for Atsu, they need to keep getting play time to pump on their development.

i am thinking in buying Insua and i have Wolfswinkel' date=' i saw a half dozen of games of sporting this season and they are really playing very well, is there any chance of a rise at the end of the season, at least for Insua?[/quote']

It's better to wait for what Derbypower has to say, but for me there is definetely a chance. If the changes were today, that chance would be around 20% I guess but sporting will probably win the Cup and make a good figure in the semi finals of EL, although that fourth place in the league (best case scenario assuming maritimo will not take advantage of sporting's rough calendar going to Porto and receiving Braga all this with midweek games) certainly won't look good for the evaluators.