PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I´m not sure if Derby will make predictions this time, cause i don´t see any posts from him in this thread for a while, so i decided to make predictions for the top 4 teams. I watch Portuguese League everyweek, some games and some highlights, and i will base my predictions not only in stats but also in my impressions on the players. I will also justify some of my predictions and give my opinions on the players. I hope this can be helpful for you guys. Here it goes:

2119162_g3wqI.jpeg

FC Porto

Helton - 90 --> 90 (awsome GK, could be a 91, but lacks NT appearences)

Bracalli - 87 --> 87/86 (2nd goalkeeper, he´s decent but it´s hard to play when there´s someone like Helton around)

Kadu - 75 --> 75

Rolando - 90 --> 90 (solid 90, despite lost his place in the last games due to a dip in form, he will probably leave the team this summer, he was not the same of last season)

Otamendi - 89 --> 89/90 (he made some mistakes at the begin of the season, but now he´s playing very well, some small chances to rise)

Maicon - 88 --> 89 (best Porto´s defender this season, and probably the best in the league, he will rise for sure)

Mangala - 87 --> 87 ( from what i saw, i think he has a lot to learn, but i also think he has potential to become a great CB in future, he´s strong and fast)

Alvaro Pereira - 90 --> 90 (solid 90, amazing player, but lost his place in the last games like Rolando due to a dip in form and a bad reaction when subbed off, he will probably leave this summer too)

Alex Sandro - 86 --> 87 (he replaced Pereira in the team and he´s playing very well, though he needs to improve his defending ability, i think he will have a bright future)

Emídio Rafael - 83 --> 83 (long time injury)

Sapunaru - 88 --> 88 (he proved he´s a solid RB in the 2nd half of the season)

Fernando - 90 --> 90 (he´s a very good DM, covers all the midfield, he has potential to be rated higher and deserves to be called to Brazil´s NT imo)

Danilo - 87 --> 88 (he will rise mainly to his minutes in Santos, because he gets injured when he started to play for Porto, so he has few minutes on the team, but like Alex Sandro, he will have a bright future, proved his quality in his few appearences)

João Moutinho - 91 --> 91 (best midfielder in the league imo, he´s the soul of the team and he will be a 92 player in future I think, Porto needs to perform well in Europe to that happen)

Lucho González - 91 --> 91 (a class player and a leader, he had a very good impact in Porto´s team, so i think he deserves to keep his rating)

Defour - 89 --> 89 (good player, but limited gametime due to Fernando, Moutinho and Lucho quality)

James Rodríguez - 89 --> 90 (the best talent in Porto´s team and probably in the League, he deserves to rise)

Iturbe - 83 --> 83 (a talent highly regarded, he had no opportunities, he´s still very young and had to adapt to european football, maybe next season we will watch more from him, or he will get loaned out to play regularly)

Cristián Rodríguez - 88 --> 87 (his time at Porto is over)

Varela - 89 --> 89 (not his best season, but he´s still a good player and should keep his rating)

Djalma - 86 --> 86 (limited gametime and did nothing extraordinary, he was average)

Hulk - 91 --> 91/92 (he once again proved he´s the best player in the league and a player that can change one game alone, i´m not sure if he will rise, but he surely deserves it)

Janko - 88 --> 88 (not good enough, he misses too many chances)

Kléber - 87 --> 87 (poor season, I believe he has some potential, but he did not show it)

2119160_Py8OM.jpeg

SL Benfica

Artur - 88 --> 89 (good goalkeeper despite not being so impressive now as he was in the beginning of the season, deserves to rise)

Eduardo - 88 --> 87/88 (not a starter in his team neither in his NT, he may drop, but he´s a good goalkeeper imo)

Mika - 78 --> 78

Luisao - 91 --> 91/90 (this wasn´t his best season, he did some mistakes, he´s not a regular for Brazil NT, benfica did not win the tittle, i think he really has some chances to drop this time)

Garay - 89 --> 89/90 (good season for him, he did not been inferior to luisão, he has some chances to rise)

Jardel - 85 --> 86 (he was called to replace luisao/garay when they were injured and he did not do bad)

Miguel Vitor - 85 --> 85

Maxi Pereira - 90 --> 90 (one of Benfica´s best players this season, he has lots of stamina, he´s very effective when he goes forward, he was the best RB in the league this season imo)

André Almeida - 80 --> 80/82

Capdevila - 89 --> 88/89 (he took Emerson´s place in the last games of the season, but that shouldn´t be enough to prevent him to drop, he´s not the same player anymore)

Emerson - 88 --> 88 (he was one of the weakest links of Benfica this season)

Luis Martins 77 --> 78

Javi Garcia - 89 --> 89/90 (He played very good at the 1st half of the season but i think his performances droped significantly in the end of the season, i think he will most likely stay, but there´s a small chance of a rise)

Matic - 85 --> 86 (he´s not a regular starter, but he did his job well when called, he deserves a little rise)

Witsel - 90 --> 90 (he impressed a lot in his first season in Portugal, quality player, but he does not justify another rise yet. He needs to be more regular)

Gaitán - 89 --> 89/90 (a lot of hype around him, he´s definitely an extremely talented player, but he´s also too irregular and he needs to work harder. I don´t think he did enough to get a rise, but there´s some small chances. He will probably join Manchester United this summer. I´m not sure if he will suit in english football, but let´s see)

Nolito - 87 --> 88 (He was probably the most prolific player in Benfica this season with 11 goals and 8 assists in the league, but Benfica´s manager seems to does not like him that much, he should have played more games imo, he deserves to rise without a doubt)

Bruno César - 88 --> 88/89 (he worked to earn his place in Benfica´s line up and he got it. he has a strong left foot, can make some good goals. he has some chances to rise, but it´s not guaranteed)

Aimar - 90 --> 90 (we all know Aimar´s quality, but we also know about his physicall problems. He played brilliant in the 1st half of the season, but not so great in the 2nd half. He´s not a consistent player, mainly due to his physicall problems)

Cardozo - 90 --> 90 (A player of the style of Cardozo would need more than 19 goals in the Portuguese League in a strong team like Benfica to get a rise to 91 imo. He´s that type of player that needs to be feed and can´t create himself his chances to score. His performances sometimes are laughable. And he´s not scoring in last games. Anyway, he already proved he can score goals, but i think 90 is a fair rating for him atm)

Saviola - 90 --> 89 (it´s time for a drop to Saviola, he´s not 90 quality anymore, he´s not the same player and he lacks minutes and goals, players like Rodrigo and Nelson Oliveira were chosen instead of him this season, specially in the 2nd half of the season)

Rodrigo - 85 --> 87/88 (this kid made an huge impact on the team at the mid of the season, when he played really well and scored a lot, but then after get injured against Zenit, he was never the same again. Anyway he was one of the revelations of the season, and i´m sure he will have a big future, he deserves a good rise)

Yannick Djaló - 87 --> 86 (he´s a poor player imo, he can be fast, but he lacks technical ability. He also lacks game time, so a drop is totally justified)

Nelson Oliveira - 82 --> 84 (Nelson can turn out to be a great player, but he needs to keep working and learning and he needs to play more as a team member. He can become Portugal´s NT CF, he has very good potential, like Rodrigo. He was one of the surprises of this season)

PS: Red means drop - Orange means chance to drop - Light Green means chance to rise - Green means rise

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

sporting+s%C3%ADmbolo.gif

Sporting CP

Rui Patricio - 89 -->89/90 (Patricio is a top goalkeeper and saved Sporting so many times this season. I´m not sure if he will rise because of Sporting´s not so good season, but based on his performances he deserves to rise to 90. I remember he´s also Portugal´s NT #1 goalkeeper. He improved a lot in last seasons)

Boeck - 83 --> 83/84 ( He´s in the shadow of Patricio, but when he played he showed a lot of quality. He´s a very good goalkeeper imo, if Patricio leaves to a top team, Sporting will be safe with Boeck)

Tiago - 82 --> 82

Rodriguez - 88 --> 87 (Injury prone and not 88 quality imo)

Polga - 88 --> 88

Carrico - 88 --> 88

Onyewu - 87 --> 87/88 (Strong CB and almost unbeatable in aerial balls, but he lacks pace and sometimes concentration, anyway he made some good games for Sporting and has some chances to rise)

Xandão - 86 --> 87/86

Joao Pereira - 89 --> 89 (very good RB, he just needs to control better his temper sometimes)

Pereirinha - 85 --> 85/86

Arias - 82 --> 82/83

Insua - 88 --> 89/88 (One of the biggest surprises of this season, this guy played very well for Sporting, very good LB with goal scorer ability. Imo he deserves to rise.)

Evaldo - 88 --> 87 (He lost his place in the team for Insua, he can´t be rated 88 anymore)

Rinaudo - 87 --> 87 (Very good player, proved that at the beginning of the season, then injuries screwed his season, maybe next year he will show his quality)

Renato Neto - 83 --> 84

André Santos - 87 --> 86 (He´s even behind Renato Neto and André Martins in the picking order for Sporting´s midfield, he will most probably drop)

Schaars - 89 --> 89

Elias - 88 --> 88/89 (Elias immediately showed that he´s a very good player, but I think he did not do enough to get a rise yet)

Matías Fernández - 88 --> 88/89 (Very gifted player, he´s very creative and has beautiful technic. He needs to be more consistent to become a top player. He doesn´t show up at all in some games, but he also made some brilliant games. He has some chances to rise)

André Martins - 78 --> 82 (One of the good surprises of the season, this kid can turn out to be a very good midfielder. He´s very complete, I really like his style. He has very good technic, good pass ability and shows a lot of maturity at his age)

Diego Capel - 89 --> 89 (Capel is an hard worker, he runs a lot and can get past defenders, he has a good cross and he does play well sometimes, but he lacks something. he needs to keep his head up when he haves possession of the ball, he needs to be faster at decide what to do and he should play more with his team mates)

Izmailov - 88 --> 88 (Quality player, but chased by injuries unfortunately)

Jeffren - 86 --> 86 (Injury prone, he did not show his quality when he had the opportunity to, barely one or two game)

Carrillo - 83 --> 86 (One of the revelations of this season, Carrillo is an young exciting player. His style is similar to Nani. He did a good season and I think he will have a great future, if he keeps working and learning. He will get a good rise)

Wolfswinkel - 88 --> 88/89 (Some ups and downs for this fella. He has quality, but sometimes he lacks confidence to score. Anyway he had a great first season in Portugal overall, and I think he can do better next season and be an even more important and decisive player in Sporting team. He may rise, 50/50 imo)

Ribas - 85 --> 84

Diego Rubio - 80 --> 82 (Did not get much game time this season, but he looks like a decent striker prospect)

24082007_LogoBraga.gif

Sporting de Braga

Quim - 88 --> 88

Tommaso Berni - 82 --> 82

Ewerton - 83 --> 85/84 (One of the best CB of the first half of the season, until he get injured)

Douglão - 83 --> 85/86 (One of the best CB of the season, he´s a rock)

Paulo Vinícius - 84 --> 84 (Injured most of the time)

Nuno André Coelho - 84 --> 85/86 (A good 2nd half of the season for the portuguese CB, he proved he´s a good CB)

Samuel - 78 --> 78

Elderson - 86 --> 87 (He´s a good LB going forward, not so good at defending, but he improved since last season. He had a decent season and i think he deserves to rise)

Imorou - 80 --> 80 (Injured most of the time)

Baiano - 85 --> 85 (Injured most of the time)

Miguel Lopes - 85 --> 86 (He replaced Salino after this one gets injured, and his performances were really good. He has been talked to be part of the NT at Euro 2012. Good RB, deserve to rise)

Salino - 86 --> 86 (He was doing a great season, but got a bad injury, so no rise for him)

Luís Alberto - 86 --> 85/84 (He barely played this season, neither for Braga, neither for Nacional early, so he has to drop)

Vinicius - 82 --> 82

Djamal - 85 --> 85 ( He started the season very well, being impressive in the midfield, but then he got replaced by Custodio in the starting line-up)

Custódio - 86 --> 87 (Custodio played really well in the 2nd half of the season and deserves to rise)

Rúben Amorim - 88 --> 87/88 (Amorim did not established himself in Benfica in 1st half of the season, and he also did not established himself in Braga in 2nd half of the season, i think he should drop)

Hugo Viana - 88 --> 89 (Hugo Viana was the best and most important player of Braga this season. This guy deserves to be in Portugal´s NT. I think he deserves to rise, his pass quality and inteligence were vital for Braga´s good campaign)

Mossoró - 87 --> 88 (Mossoró is like the #10 of Braga, he´s very important for them. He´s very skilled and he has good pace. I believe he deserves to rise)

Alan - 88 --> 88/89 (Alan is probably Braga´s best player alongside Hugo Viana. This season he was doing really well, but then he got an injury and now that he´s back, he doesn´t look the same in the last games. I still think he has some little chances to rise, but it´s far from guaranteed)

Hélder Barbosa - 86 --> 87/88 (Helder Barbosa was one of the main surprises this season. This guy revived all the promise around him. He´s a very good player, with lots of talent, and he was very important in Braga´s season. He will rise to 87 for sure, and has some chances to get 88)

Ukra - 85 --> 85

Lima - 87 --> 88 (Lima was one of the main reasons Braga did so great this year. He´s a very versatile and powerfull strike, he scored 19 goals in the league and he definitely deserves to rise.

Nuno Gomes - 86 --> 85 (Nuno Gomes carrer should be close to an end. He played really few minutes, but he still managed to scored 6 goals in the league! I don´t think this will prevent him from drop, but it´s impressive the sense of goal of this veteran)

Paulo César - 86 --> 86/85 (He had not the same importance in the team he used to be, so i think he may drop)

Carlão - 84 --> 83

Édson Rivera - 75 --> 75/77

Ok so, now after i made predictions for the 4 best teams in Portugual, i will now post the best talents and risers (maximum 24 years old) of other teams in Portuguese League. Enjoy it!

Maritimo

Roberge 82 – 84

Danilo Dias 83 – 85/84 (26 years old but best player of Maritimo imo)

Heldon 80 – 82/83

**Fidelis 75 – 78/80 (strong CF, he can play much more next season)**

Guimarães

N’Diaye 81 – 82/83

Soudani 78 – 80/81

Nacional

Marcelo Valverde 78-80

Vladan Giljen 77-80

**Neto 80 – 83/84** (One of the best CB in the League this season, there´s a lot of interest in him)

Fernando Marçal 77 – 80/82

Oliver 75 – 77

**Candeias 82 – 84** (Great player, lots of speed and technic)

Olhanense

**Fabiano Freitas 82 – 84/83** (Very good goalkeeper)

Ismaily 81 – 83

André Pinto 83 – 84 (good cb, belongs to Porto)

Mexer 82 – 84/83

Caué 82 – 84/83

**Salvador Agra 82 – 84** (Great young talent, he will play in Real Betis next season in La Liga)

**Wilson Eduardo 83 – 85/84** (Other good young talent, player of Sporting CP)

Gil Vicente

**Junior Caiçara 80 – 83/82** (Very good RB)

Richard 80 – 82/83

Luis Carlos 78-81/80

**Marques Guilherme 77 – 80** (talented youngster, he belongs to Braga)

**Ze Luis 77 – 80** (strong CF, he will play on Braga next season)

**Hugo Vieira 80 – 83** (very talented player, he will probably join Sporting CP or Braga this summer)

Paços de Ferreira

**Melgarejo 80 – 83/84** (amazing young striker, very fast and good finisher, 10 goals this season, he can be part of Benfica team next season)

Setúbal

Rafael Lopes 80 – 82

Beira-Mar

Bura 78 – 80

Joaozinho 80 – 82/83

Nuno Lopes 75 – 78/80

Ricardo Dias 78 – 80

**Jaime 76 – 80**

Camará 77 – 80

Zhang 80 – 82

Serginho 78 – 80

Rio Ave

Tiago Pinto 82 – 83

Vitor Gomes 82 – 83

**Kelvin 80 – 81/82** (A technically gifted player, he needs to learn to play in team, but he´s a god talent and he belongs to FC Porto)

**Atsu 80 – 83** (One of the revelations of the season, this kid has a lot of talent and he´s very effective. He also belongs to FC Porto and he´s superior to Kelvin at this point. He was probably best player of Rio Ave this season)

**Yazalde 82 – 84** (Good striker, scored 8 goals, he can play anywhere up front, winger of CF, and he will return to Braga next season)

Académica

Nivaldo 77 – 80

Flavio Ferreira 77 – 80

**Cedric 81 – 83** (Very young RB, belongs to Sporting and he can also be part of Sporting´s team next season)

**Abdoulaye Ba 82 – 83** (Good and strong CB, though he needs to control his temper and to be less aggressive on his tackles. He got 4 red cards this season! He belongs to Porto and there´s some foreign teams interested in him)

**Adrien 83-83/84** (He´s a real good midfielder, he can be part of Sporting´s team next season)

Feirense

Ludovic 80 and Diogo Rosado 78 are two good young players, but i´m not sure about their future.

Leiria

This team is in serious problems, and most of his players did put an end on their contracts due to wage arrears. Anyway, two players loaned to them by Benfica are worth picking:

**Oblak 78 – 80/82** (amazing young goalkeeper)

**Djaniny 78 – 80/82** (good young striker)

Carrillo - 83 --> 86 (One of the revelations of this season' date=' Carrillo is an young exciting player. His style is similar to Nani. He did a good season and I think he will have a great future, if he keeps working and learning. He will get a good rise)[/quote']

I will mark André Carillo's name too. In my eyes he seems to be the next big thing of SLB. Plus SLB has some kind of tradition to Wingers. Ronaldo at first, then Nani and now him.

I will mark André Carillo's name too. In my eyes he seems to be the next big thing of SLB. Plus SLB has some kind of tradition to Wingers. Ronaldo at first' date=' then Nani and now him.[/quote']

You mean SCP (Sporting), not SLB (Benfica). They´re big rivals :P Yes, he has big potential, maybe he can follow Ronaldo´s and Nani´s steps, but it´s not easy. He will need to work really hard and to get some luck as well. Cheers.

You mean SCP (Sporting)' date=' not SLB (Benfica). They´re big rivals :P Yes, he has big potential, maybe he can follow Ronaldo´s and Nani´s steps, but it´s not easy. He will need to work really hard and to get some luck as well. Cheers.[/quote']

Haha ye sorry ;d. And ye of course it will be hard. But i have faith on him. Bought him already B)

I play alway's whit porto' date=' but what to do whit these players?

ADDY DAVID

BA ABDOULAYE

CASTRO ANDRE

BRUNO DAVID

IVO PINTO

ANDRE PINTO

DIOGO VIANIA

MIQUEL LOPES

EMILIO RAFAEL

MOREIRA PEDRO

BURA MIQUEL ANGELO

PEDRO RUI

UKRA MONTERIO

VENTURO HUGO

SOARES WILLIAM

DJALMA BRAUM

THANKS;)[/quote']

Predictions are on page 1, and from another guy on page 250...

I play alway's whit porto' date=' but what to do whit these players?

ADDY DAVID - SELL

BA ABDOULAYE - KEEP

CASTRO ANDRE - KEEP

BRUNO DAVID - SELL

IVO PINTO - SELL

ANDRE PINTO - SELL

DIOGO VIANIA - SELL

MIQUEL LOPES - KEEP

EMILIO RAFAEL - SELL

MOREIRA PEDRO - SELL

BURA MIQUEL ANGELO - SELL

PEDRO RUI - SELL

UKRA MONTERIO- KEEP

VENTURO HUGO - SELL

SOARES WILLIAM - SELL

DJALMA BRAUM - SELL

THANKS;)[/quote']

Assuming there's not much competiotion

Hi!

Sorry for this off-topic post. But the goal is to catch up the attention of the portuguese forumers that doesn't go much to the portuguese forum.

Please take a look at "http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=117311" regarding a league that is going to be created.

Sorry again for placing this here. Thanks for understanding.

Regards!

Ok so' date=' now after i made predictions for the 4 best teams in Portugual, i will now post the best talents and risers (maximum 24 years old) of other teams in Portuguese League. Enjoy it!

[b']Maritimo[/b]

Roberge 82 – 84 84

Danilo Dias 83 – 85/84 (26 years old but best player of Maritimo imo) 85

Heldon 80 – 82/83 82

**Fidelis 75 – 78/80 (strong CF, he can play much more next season)** 77

Guimarães

N’Diaye 81 – 82/83 83

Soudani 78 – 80/81 82

Nacional

Marcelo Valverde 78-80 80

Vladan Giljen 77-80 80

**Neto 80 – 83/84** (One of the best CB in the League this season, there´s a lot of interest in him) 83

Fernando Marçal 77 – 80/82 80

Oliver 75 – 77 77

**Candeias 82 – 84** (Great player, lots of speed and technic) 84

Olhanense

**Fabiano Freitas 82 – 84/83** (Very good goalkeeper) 83

Ismaily 81 – 83 82

André Pinto 83 – 84 (good cb, belongs to Porto) 84

Mexer 82 – 84/83 83

Caué 82 – 84/83 84

**Salvador Agra 82 – 84** (Great young talent, he will play in Real Betis next season in La Liga) 84

**Wilson Eduardo 83 – 85/84** (Other good young talent, player of Sporting CP) 84

Gil Vicente

**Junior Caiçara 80 – 83/82** (Very good RB) 83

Richard 80 – 82/83 83

Luis Carlos 78-81/80 82

**Marques Guilherme 77 – 80** (talented youngster, he belongs to Braga) 80

**Ze Luis 77 – 80** (strong CF, he will play on Braga next season) 80

**Hugo Vieira 80 – 83** (very talented player, he will probably join Sporting CP or Braga this summer) 84

Paços de Ferreira

**Melgarejo 80 – 83/84** (amazing young striker, very fast and good finisher, 10 goals this season, he can be part of Benfica team next season) 83

Setúbal

Rafael Lopes 80 – 82 82

Beira-Mar

Bura 78 – 80 80

Joaozinho 80 – 82/83 82

Nuno Lopes 75 – 78/80 78

Ricardo Dias 78 – 80 80

**Jaime 76 – 80** 80

Camará 77 – 80 80

Zhang 80 – 82 82

Serginho 78 – 80 80

Rio Ave

Tiago Pinto 82 – 83 83

Vitor Gomes 82 – 83 83

**Kelvin 80 – 81/82** (A technically gifted player, he needs to learn to play in team, but he´s a god talent and he belongs to FC Porto) 82

**Atsu 78* – 83** (One of the revelations of the season, this kid has a lot of talent and he´s very effective. He also belongs to FC Porto and he´s superior to Kelvin at this point. He was probably best player of Rio Ave this season) 83

**Yazalde 82 – 84** (Good striker, scored 8 goals, he can play anywhere up front, winger of CF, and he will return to Braga next season) 84

Académica

Nivaldo 77 – 80 78

Flavio Ferreira 77 – 80 80

**Cedric 81 – 83** (Very young RB, belongs to Sporting and he can also be part of Sporting´s team next season) 83

**Abdoulaye Ba 82 – 83** (Good and strong CB, though he needs to control his temper and to be less aggressive on his tackles. He got 4 red cards this season! He belongs to Porto and there´s some foreign teams interested in him) 82

**Adrien 83-83/84** (He´s a real good midfielder, he can be part of Sporting´s team next season) 85

Feirense

Ludovic 80 and Diogo Rosado 78 are two good young players, but i´m not sure about their future. +2 for both

Leiria

This team is in serious problems, and most of his players did put an end on their contracts due to wage arrears. Anyway, two players loaned to them by Benfica are worth picking:

**Oblak 78 – 80/82** (amazing young goalkeeper) 81

**Djaniny 78 – 80/82** (good young striker) 82

I´m quite happy with the changes and with my predictions until now. Only Fidelis, Ismaily, Nivaldo and Abdoulaye Ba did not rise as much as I predicted (-1). I can understand why Abdoulaye did not rise, because of his indiscipline (4 sent-offs), but the others i still think they should have rose more, specially Ismaily (2242 minutes and good performances for 8th placed Olhanense). Soudani, Luis Carlos, Hugo Vieira and Adrien rose slightly more (+1) than i predicted, which isn´t bad i guess. Adrien´s rise of +2 is a big surprise, because Academica struggled to not get relegated, but Adrien did do really good, so it´s kinda deserved. Hugo Vieira rose +4(!), it´s fair, but then Melgarejo should have got a +4 too, because he did as good or even better than him and he scored more goals. Overall I think my predictions were good and I hope I have helped people to buy good prospects and risers. I think SM is doing a good job in Portuguese League review. Top 4 teams will be done tomorrow and I hope my predictions are not very far from reality. Cheers!

P.S. - I missed out on Ruben Ferreira, an young LB from Maritimo, who got a good rise of +3(!) from 80 to 83. He´s a good player, i did not mentioned him because he barely played since the last changes due to a bad injury, so his rise was kinda unexpected for me (at least that big) and it´s very unfair when compared with a player like Melgarejo (again xD).

And Sporting' date=' Braga, Benfica and Porto? Don´t have player ratings changes? It already appears next leagues...[/quote']

Will be done tomorrow. That is a bug display due to SM Credits introduced today. But I am not sure if the newly promoted teams, Estoril and Moreirense, will be done this time.

I´m quite happy with the changes and with my predictions until now. Only Fidelis' date=' Ismaily, Nivaldo and Abdoulaye Ba did not rise as much as I predicted (-1). I can understand why Abdoulaye did not rise, because of his indiscipline (4 sent-offs), but the others i still think they should have rose more, specially Ismaily (2242 minutes and good performances for 8th placed Olhanense). Soudani, Luis Carlos, Hugo Vieira and Adrien rose slightly more (+1) than i predicted, which isn´t bad i guess. Adrien´s rise of +2 is a big surprise, because Academica struggled to not get relegated, but Adrien did do really good, so it´s kinda deserved. Hugo Vieira rose +4(!), it´s fair, but then Melgarejo should have got a +4 too, because he did as good or even better than him and he scored more goals. Overall I think my predictions were good and I hope I have helped people to buy good prospects and risers. I think SM is doing a good job in Portuguese League review. Top 4 teams will be done tomorrow and I hope my predictions are not very far from reality. Cheers!

P.S. - I missed out on Ruben Ferreira, an young LB from Maritimo, who got a good rise of +3(!) from 80 to 83. He´s a good player, i did not mentioned him because he barely played since the last changes due to a bad injury, so his rise was kinda unexpected for me (at least that big) and it´s very unfair when compared with a player like Melgarejo (again xD).[/quote']

Great job! I'm curious to see what they will give to custodio now that he got his well deserved call up to Portugal

Great job! I'm curious to see what they will give to custodio now that he got his well deserved call up to Portugal

Thanks mate! I think they will give him a +1. He definitely deserves to rise. His performances were quite good, 88 level i should say, but he only played in the 2nd half of the season. Imo his lack of game time will prevent him to rise more than +1. Maybe a slight chance of a +2, because of his performances and the call up for the Euro, but i would bet on a +1. I´m really curious to see how SM will review portuguese top teams. Cheers.

Santos Ewerton, Lorenzo Melgarejo, Araujo Elvis, are any of these guys worth keeping hold of? Are the latter two likely to get a chance at Benfica or are they not good enough?

Must say that I'm a bit surprised Rodriguez didn't rise to 90' date=' I think he deserved it.[/quote']

Going 87-90 in one season in the Portuguese league was always going to be asking a lot, no matter how good he's been. I was more surprised by the 87-89 rise last changes, would've made more sense to me for him to get +1's each time around to take him to 89. I'm sure next changes he'll pick up 90 though :)

Must say that I'm a bit surprised Rodriguez didn't rise to 90' date=' I think he deserved it.[/quote']

Yeah, for me that was the most dubious decision of SM today, alongside with Cristian Rodriguez, Djaló and Evaldo not dropping. James has an huge talent, played a great season and Porto won the League. A rise would be deserved yeah, maybe it did not happen because in some of the last games of the season he did not show up so much, he was kinda discret. But he done enough imo, no dought! Anyway, i must say they did a very good job in Portuguese Ratings, Hugo Viana´s rise was really acurate, he truly deserved it, it´s a shame he was not called up to NT.

Santos Ewerton' date=' Lorenzo Melgarejo, Araujo Elvis, are any of these guys worth keeping hold of? Are the latter two likely to get a chance at Benfica or are they not good enough?[/font']

Going 87-90 in one season in the Portuguese league was always going to be asking a lot, no matter how good he's been. I was more surprised by the 87-89 rise last changes, would've made more sense to me for him to get +1's each time around to take him to 89. I'm sure next changes he'll pick up 90 though :)

Ewerton and Melgarejo are absolutely worth keeping. Melgarejo will be part of Benfica´s team next season and he played really good this season for Paços de Ferreira. I doubt that he can become a starter (for now), but i´m sure he will get some decent game time. He´s a talented player. Araujo Elvis has no chance to play in Benfica for now, he should be loaned again i guess, and i would sell him. Ewerton is a top CB, he played really good this season and there was rumours Porto was interested in him. He will reach 88 fast and easily at Braga and he has potential for better things.

I already gave my opinion about James not rising, but yes, i agree with your argument. And yeah, he will get 90 quickly xD

So, Portuguese League Review is finished, top 4 teams had been reviewed. You can check my predictions with some useful information and opinion on the players in the posts 3749 and 3750 of this thread, in page 2 (for now). My opinion on the changes:

FC Porto:

Maicon, Danilo and Alex Sandro got their deserved rises. These were the only changes in Porto´s team. I predicted a rise to James Rodriguez too, it would be well deserved but it did not happen, but no worries, he has so much talent that he will be a 90 rated really soon, and he wont stop there. Also i predicted a drop to the other Rodriguez, Cristian, because he´s not the same player he used to be and he barely played this season. It did not happen, mistakenly imo. These were the only two differences between my predictions and SM review. Hulk was not so good as last year (it was almost impossible because he was phenomenal last season - 36 goals and 26 assists in all competitions, WOW!) and Porto´s european campaign was poor, so a rise was very unlikely to happen due to the fact you need to be extreme to get a 92 in Portuguese League atm. Fair decision by SM. But i must say it´s about time to rise Portuguese League «cap».

SL Benfica:

Luisao drop was the main change in Benfica, and i saw that coming. 91 was a very high rating, he played below his standards this season and Benfica did not win the League, so his drop was justified. Acurate change by SM imo. Fair drops too for Capdevilla and Saviola like predicted, i think it was missing a drop for Djaló too, and that was the only difference between my predictions and SM changes. Deserved rises for Artur, Jardel, Matic, Nolito, Bruno César, Rodrigo and Nélson Oliveira (rose one point more than i predicted). No rises for Gaitan and Javi Garcia, despite all the hype, wich is fair attending to their performances. Another great decision by SM. They need to do better to get 90, they should keep focus on their game and forget about transfer rumours. No rise for Cardozo neither despite being best goalscorer, 90 is a fair rating for him. Great review by SM.

SC Braga:

Hugo Viana´s rise shows that SM don´t look only to stats to review Portuguese League. His rise was totally deserved, he was the most important player of Braga this season and he played really well. He´s also the first Braga player to get 89 rating, rising the cap of the team, wich is fair due to Braga´s awsome and consistent performances in the last seasons, even in Europe. Very good rises for Douglão and Ewerton, two quality CB´s, no dought, Ewerton even rised one point more than i predicted, despite being injured for some time. Lima, Mossoró and Helder Barbosa got their deserved rises too, very important players on the team, Lima was the best goalscorer of the league alongside with Cardozo, with 20 goals. Deserved rises for Ruben Amorim and Luis Alberto. I missed Salino´s rise, he played enough to justify his rise, despite his injury, and he played well. Elderson should have rised too, despite his the weakest link in Braga´s defence imo. Custódio and Miguel Lopes got both a deserved +1, they played really great in the last part of the season. Only the lack of game time prevented them to rise more, the same goes to Nuno André Coelho, who played really good too. Their (Custódio and Miguel Lopes) good performances allowed them to be called to Portugal´s NT to play in the Euro! I believe Carlao, Nuno Gomes and Paulo César should have droped, but it´s ok. Good review by SM, rising Hugo Viana was a top decision.

Sporting CP:

Like Porto, Sporting hadn´t many chances in this review, only in low rated players. The predicted rises for Marcelo Boeck, Arias, Xandão, Renato Neto, André Martins, Carrillo and Diego Rubio did happen. André Martins and Carrillo are really good talents. Ended only 4th placed in the League prevented some players like Rui Patricio, Insua, Elias, Matias Fernandez and Wolfswinkel to rise, wich is fair and i was expecting. I think SM big mistake here is to keep Evaldo rated the same of Insua. Evaldo definitely should have dropped, he´s not as good as Insua and he´s a sub of him and barely played. Also, Insua had a really great season, it´s really unfair and kinda ridiculous they are ranked the same. André Santos and Ribas should have dropped to, they barely played and other low rated players were prefered over them. Rodriguez should have dropped too, but maybe the fact he´s getting injured all the time helped him to keep his rating...

Overall i think SM did a great job in Portuguese League with some accurate changes, despite some minor mistakes too imo. I´m very happy with my predictions, i think most of them were right, so my effort was rewarded. I hope you guys have enjoyed. Cheers.

so' date=' portuguese league review is finished, top 4 teams had been reviewed. You can check my predictions with some useful information and opinion on the players in the posts 3749 and 3750 of this thread, in page 2 (for now). My opinion on the changes:

Overall i think sm did a great job in portuguese league with some accurate changes, despite some minor mistakes too imo. I´m very happy with my predictions, i think most of them were right, so my effort was rewarded. I hope you guys have enjoyed. Cheers.[/quote']

excellent work machines...

Would rep but gotta spread.

Look forward to your work next season!

• 3 weeks later...

loads of transfer going off.....

fabiano freitas > porto

gottardi

mexer

ismaily

(all to nacional)

hugo vieiria

luisinho

michel

(these 3 to benfica.... loan them back out surely??)

seems like the clubs who did well get all their good players bought off them quick!

loads of transfer going off.....

fabiano freitas > porto

gottardi

mexer

ismaily

(all to nacional)

hugo vieiria

luisinho

michel

(these 3 to benfica.... loan them back out surely??)

seems like the clubs who did well get all their good players bought off them quick!

I think not. Next season the Portuguese 2nd division will grow to 22 clubs from 16. These new 6 clubs will be the ''B'' sides of Porto, Benfica, Braga, Sporting, Maritimo and Guimarães. These 3 are likely to feature for Benfica B. Specially Michel. I am a big fan of the other two, but I don't think they might have much chances in the Benfica "A". If Benfica fail to secure a decent LB( Siqueira, Rojo or Ansaldi are the rumoured to replace Emerson), then Luisinho might be worth a punt.