PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

anyone know why J Iturbe isn't getting any game time for Porto?

I know people speak highly of the lad and from what i've seen of him he does have some good moves' date=' when it comes to dancing with girls on tele but haven't yet seen him make that leap onto the football pitch.

I know players need time to settle but he has been at porto for over a year and has only 84mins to his name, Rodríguez at the same age and in his first season for Porto got 948mins, thats a massive difference, also with Hulk leaving i thought he might get his chance but C Atsu seems to be playing ahead of him. Which makes me start to think, maybe by December if he's not getting game time, might be time to sell.

whats peoples views[/quote']

I told people like 100 times, but, Porto really believes in him, and he will play for Porto.

Varela is doing bad games, Atsu is for now better then Iturbe because he played and developed for a season at Rio Ave.

James was in the argentinian champions, Iturbe was at Paraguay. He is a completely diferent player, Porto knows what they are doing. They "made" some really nice players in the past and they are doing the same thing right now, and Iturbe is one of them.

The problem with Iturbe is that he was the "new messi", well at Porto there is no "new anybody", you learn, you understand what playing in Europe means and then when you are preprared you get some minutes and fight to get some more.

He won't leave, and he will play, just need to wait. Others great Porto players also waited and learned for my month or years.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

I told people like 100 times' date=' but, Porto really believes in him, and he will play for Porto.

Varela is doing bad games, Atsu is for now better then Iturbe because he played and developed for a season at Rio Ave.

James was in the argentinian champions, Iturbe was at Paraguay. He is a completely diferent player, Porto knows what they are doing. They "made" some really nice players in the past and they are doing the same thing right now, and Iturbe is one of them.

The problem with Iturbe is that he was the "new messi", well at Porto there is no "new anybody", you learn, you understand what playing in Europe means and then when you are preprared you get some minutes and fight to get some more.

He won't leave, and he will play, just need to wait. Others great Porto players also waited and learned for my month or years.[/quote']

Cheers the for the feedback. I can understand how you can get frustrated having to repeat the same infomation when they ask. I just don't really follow Portuguese football and just tend to look at player stats.

So i appreciate the insight on what people at the club think of the player and the development they doing with him, about not rushing him into action and making sure he ready before they do it, rather than burn him out to quick, which has happened to many young stars at many clubs in the past.

Cheers the for the feedback. I can understand how you can get frustrated having to repeat the same infomation when they ask. I just don't really follow Portuguese football and just tend to look at player stats.

So i appreciate the insight on what people at the club think of the player and the development they doing with him' date=' about not rushing him into action and [b']making sure he ready before they do it, rather than burn him out to quick, which has happened to many young stars at many clubs in the past.[/b]

You are damn right! When he gets ready he will play, and if he plays is because he is ready.

Porto fans love him, and we hope that he can make us "forget" Hulk.

Stats can lie :P

I think he will stay' date=' but he won't play, I would sell him[/quote']
Hi!

Rolando rise or drop?

Sell or not?

Thanks

I think there´s really an high chance that Rolando drops in next changes. Last season he had some bad games and he ended loosing his place in the team in the last games of the season. This season he seems to be only 4th (!) choice between Porto´s CB´s, behind Maicon, Otamendi and Mangala. Also, he´s not being called for Portugal´s NT anymore, so all circunstances appoints for a drop to him in my opinion. So, sell him is the best option yeah. Cheers.

I will stay! But sell him... this guy is not playing... neither will play so soon! for me is a "must sell" :D

He would stay if he was 87 or 88 rated. But he´s 90! That´s too much for a player who does not play at all for some time (without being injured) and does not get called to his National Team. Rolando will drop to 89 most certainly imo.

is there a chance of either or both Otamendi and Maicon rising to 90?

There is a big chance imo, specially for Maicon. They´re making a strong partnership, Porto is keeping his sheet clean almost everytime. Maicon in particular truly deserves 90, he´s the boss of Porto´s defence. Otamendi is also very good, but if i had to choose between them two, i would go for Macion, no doubt. He´s the best defender in the league in my opinion, and i'm not sure if Porto will be able to keep him after this season. He may follow the steps of Ricardo Carvalho and Pepe, who left Porto for a big fee and joined Chelsea and Real Madrid respectively. The only thing against them is the fact that they´re not playing for their NT, but i believe that can change in the future, because at the level they are playing it will be a matter of time for them to be called. They already deserve it definitely. But Fernando is 90 rated in Porto and he never played for Brazil NT (i wonder how, i wonder why, because he´s immense), so maybe that wont be a problem.

Shortly, they both have chances and they both deserve it, but specially Maicon.

There is a big chance imo' date=' specially for Maicon. They´re making a strong partnership, Porto is keeping his sheet clean almost everytime. Maicon in particular truly deserves 90, he´s the boss of Porto´s defence. Otamendi is also very good, but if i had to choose between them two, i would go for Macion, no doubt. He´s the best defender in the league in my opinion, and i'm not sure if Porto will be able to keep him after this season. He may follow the steps of Ricardo Carvalho and Pepe, who left Porto for a big fee and joined Chelsea and Real Madrid respectively. The only thing against them is the fact that they´re not playing for their NT, but i believe that can change in the future, because at the level they are playing it will be a matter of time for them to be called. They already deserve it definitely. But Fernando is 90 rated in Porto and he never played for Brazil NT (i wonder how, i wonder why, because he´s immense), so maybe that wont be a problem.

Shortly, they both have chances and they both deserve it, but specially Maicon.[/quote']

ok thanks :)

Marcos Rojo

any chance he'll rise?

He is playing every match for Sporting CP and he will do so for the rest of the season (of cours discarding injuries and red cards). I think he can rise to 87 already in the next reviews and 88 at the end of the season.

HELLO,

What about these players any good,worth to keep or sell these?

WILSON EDUARDO A/W

SILVA TONI Wing (play in engeland)

AMORIN JOAO CM/AM

MARTINS LUIS LB

EDU SILVA CM

VION THIBAUT CF

CARVALHO WILLIAM DM/CM

ALVES JULIO CM/AM

BA ABDOULAYE CB? not sure about him!

ROLANDO 'm sell him in al my porto's teams, have the luck to bring in matija nastasic 84...in all my teams,and even play whit him,do it better than rolando ...for now!

whis one is a good lb ,and a cb player a real portugese player? rating don't matter.

thanks.:)

HELLO' date='

What about these players any good,worth to keep or sell these?

WILSON EDUARDO A/W [b'](loaned to Académica by Sporting CP, 22 years and 84 rated. Fast Forward and very good technically but he is not playing for Sporting CP. Altough he won´t rise, he won´t drop either. Sell if you can get better players)[/b]

SILVA TONI Wing (play in engeland)

AMORIN JOAO CM/AM (Playing in Benfica B but not a starter. A possible 76/77 in the incoming review)

MARTINS LUIS LB (Playing for Benfica B, but Luís Carole is the main LB. Might rise to 79/80)

EDU SILVA CM

VION THIBAUT CF (Great striker from FC Porto B, keep him, altough behind Dellatorre)

CARVALHO WILLIAM DM/CM (Loaned to Cercle Brugge by Sporting CP. 20 years and 80-rated. Sell him as you can get better players. I don´t see him playing in the main team. There is João Mário, Renato Neto and the mains team midfield is a luxury)

ALVES JULIO CM/AM

BA ABDOULAYE CB (He is not playing for FC Porto at the moment, he is like the 4th Option for CB position. But he has a great physic and very tall, 1.97m. and those characteristics would be a push to be a reliable option for FC Porto matches)

ROLANDO 'm sell him in al my porto's teams, have the luck to bring in matija nastasic 84...in all my teams,and even play whit him,do it better than rolando ...for now! (Good job!)

whis one is a good lb ,and a cb player a real portugese player? rating don't matter.

thanks.:)

LB:

- Melgarejo (not Portuguese but, plays in the portuguese league for Benfica)

- Ismaily (not Portuguese but, plays in the portuguese league for SC Braga)

There is no Portuguese LB worth to buy... But you can try to buy Rui Mário/Mário Rui, and/or Mica Pinto.

CB:

- Rojo (not Portuguese but, plays in the portuguese league for Sporting CP)

Tiago Teixeira from FC Porto B, Tiago Ilori, Eric Dier, Fábio Cardoso.

RB: You only need one player! Soares Cedric from Sporting CP.

How good is Kleber from Porto? Could he rise?

Kleber is the main substitute for Jackson Martinez playing at CF position. He is not getting many minutes because of Martinez and i think he won´t rise and won´t drop either. Sell him if you can get better players.

LB:

- Melgarejo (not Portuguese but' date=' plays in the portuguese league for Benfica)

- Ismaily (not Portuguese but, plays in the portuguese league for SC Braga)

There is no Portuguese LB worth to buy... But you can try to buy Rui Mário/Mário Rui, and/or Mica Pinto.

CB:

- Rojo (not Portuguese but, plays in the portuguese league for Sporting CP)

Tiago[b'] Teixeira [/b]from FC Porto B, Tiago Ilori, Eric Dier, Fábio Cardoso.

RB: You only need one player! Soares Cedric from Sporting CP.

* Ferreira