PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Anyone know if there are any plans put in place to improve the quality of Portuguese club football over the next few years?

None:( Portuguese clubs are playing foreign and non-Portuguese and thats a shame. Once Ronaldo retires, there wouldn´t be something like it!

None:( Portuguese clubs are playing foreign and non-Portuguese and thats a shame. Once Ronaldo retires' date=' there wouldn´t be something like it![/quote']

Just take Nelson Oliveira as one example, phenomenal potential just being wasted at Deportivo, instead Benfica opt in bringing in Lima. Has more potential than Rodrigo aswell having seen both play, yet he's nowhere near the Benfica first 11.

Anyone know if there are any plans put in place to improve the quality of Portuguese club football over the next few years?

they have this season, with the introduction of 'B' sides in Liga Honra, it supposed to allow young portuguese talent at the top clubs get regular game time in a competitive league setup...even then most of the clubs are already abusing it bringing in young south americans and african players!

they have this season' date=' with the introduction of 'B' sides in Liga Honra, it supposed to allow young portuguese talent at the top clubs get regular game time in a competitive league setup...even then most of the clubs are already abusing it bringing in young south americans and african players![/quote']

Ye im hoping for something to be done about the clubs other than the big 4.

ie most of our good players (Coentrao, Luiz, Ramires, Di Maria, Witsel, not to mention the Porto and Sporting players) are leaving to the better leagues, because there is no competition in Portugal.

I would like to see all the small clubs getting better players and therefore bigger turn outs etc etc etc

Need some outside investment (maybe a rich russian or someone), its very disappointing for me as a SLB fan to see all our best players leave.

Re: Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Keep or sell Maicon pereira of Porto? Can he rise to 90 in the next reviews or will he stay? Thank you in advance

I would say 50/50 chance of rising +1. Hasn't been playing since beggining of NOvember (Injured) and not a NT player. However, a crucial player for last year's title for Porto.

I got Jackson Martinez and Rodrigo' date=' both of them are up for a sure 88 for this review right? If Jackson keeps raping defenders like he's doing I see him going up to 90 by the end of the season[/quote']

Ye thats probably right

:D I say 89 for Jackson by the end of the season

Mangala for Porto' date=' who has become a regular for his side. Atm rated 87 what will he rise to short term for next updates and long term. Thanks ;)[/quote']

He isn't a regular..Maicon is injuried atm.He'll get a rise probably.