PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

Hey DerbyPower :D

Do You think Joao Moutinho will have to leave Portugal to gain a higher rating? And what are his chances of a move to a 'bigger' club etc.

Also what's his NT status?

Cheers. :D

Eventually he will. Possibly to England. When, I do not know, but I wouldn't discard a move this summer already.

He is a bench warmer momentaneously, behind Raul Meireles and Deco.

Hey DerbyPower :D

Do You think Joao Moutinho will have to leave Portugal to gain a higher rating? And what are his chances of a move to a 'bigger' club etc.

Also what's his NT status?

Cheers. :D

I'm not DerbyPower but I can answer your question.

Moutinho has reached the maximum level at Sporting (91)' date=' he could get a higher rating in Portugal, if he leaves for Porto (which is very unlikely).

Moutinho's chances of moving to a bigger club is huge especially if Portugal manages to get to WC 2010, and he does well I can see him leave for a bigger club. He's been rumored to join Real Madrid, Everton (not thee biggest club), Inter and Manchester United.

I don't follow Portugal that much, but Moutinho was a starter at Euro 2008 and has played some of the qualifying matches to he WC 2010 for Portugal. But he didn't play yesterday against Bosnia.[/b']

DerbyPower correct me if I'm wrong:o

I'm not DerbyPower but I can answer your question.

Moutinho has reached the maximum level at Sporting (91)' date=' he could get a higher rating in Portugal, if he leaves for Porto (which is very unlikely).

Moutinho's chances of moving to a bigger club is huge especially if Portugal manages to get to WC 2010, and he does well I can see him leave for a bigger club. He's been rumored to join Real Madrid, Everton (not thee biggest club), Inter and Manchester United.

I don't follow Portugal that much, but Moutinho was a starter at Euro 2008 and has played some of the qualifying matches to he WC 2010 for Portugal. But he didn't play yesterday against Bosnia.[/b']

DerbyPower correct me if I'm wrong:o

Yup, everything is correct and matches what I said in my own answer. And Moutinho in Porto would be very nice :P.

Thanks to you both :)

I suppose I'd be stupid to sell him then. ;)

Also after reading you're initial thread do you think that Mati Fernandez still has a chance at 90 this time around? Or will he ever hit 90 at Sporting?

Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks to you both :)

I suppose I'd be stupid to sell him then. ;)

Also after reading you're initial thread do you think that Mati Fernandez still has a chance at 90 this time around? Or will he ever hit 90 at Sporting?

Thanks in advance. :)

He can hit 90 in Sporting. Just not this season. They have been rubbish. Of course, there is a small possibility, provided they compensate the weak campaign in the league with an extraordinary one in Europa League.

Well. Like I said in his prediction' date=' he deserves the 90, and individually he plays at that level, but Sporting will have to perform well collectively for him to rise.[/quote']

Does this still apply? Im trying to pick him up for £15m (mainly because I have Jovetic) :P

What will mossoro and moises ratings be? When i look at the stats they played alot and Braga doing well. Would u agree they hav a certain +1 or maybe +2 rating increase?

Yes' date=' that is exactly what I think they will get. +1 for Mossoro, and +1/2 for Moises.

Does this still apply? Im trying to pick him up for £15m (mainly because I have Jovetic) :P

Who was that about? Mati Fernandez? Or Vukcevic? Anyway, IMO Mati has 40% chance of rising (and I'm counting a lot with his presences in the NT) and Vuk has 15% chance of rising (very unlikely).

What can you tell me of Mariano González? I'm thinking +1 to 89' date=' but i am only basing this purely on stats.[/quote']

Hell NO, Hulk and Rodriguez would need to be 95 before Mariano hitted 89. He is awful. Last season he played at an acceptable level, and managed to finish the season playing good quality football. But this season... Just embarrassing. The stats you are looking at can be thanked to Rodriguez's and Varela's month-long injuries. But both are recovered now. Mariano will stay.

According to the News of the World' date=' Di Maria is moving to Manchester City.[/quote']

For a laughable amount of 40 million :confused:. No player in Portugal is worth that IMO, let alone Di Maria... The biggest flop City will ever sign this January. If the reports of the transfer move are correct.

Hell NO' date=' Hulk and Rodriguez would need to be 95 before Mariano hitted 89. He is awful. Last season he played at an acceptable level, and managed to finish the season playing good quality football. But this season... Just embarrassing. The stats you are looking at can be thanked to Rodriguez's and Varela's month-long injuries. But both are recovered now. Mariano will stay.[/quote']Thanks, i wasnt aware the CR10 or Valera were injured :o Which i guess explains why he has been in the team then.

Rui Patricio - Current Rating: 88; Initial Rating Prediction: 88 --> 89; 1st Update Rating Prediction: 88 --> 89

I have a general idea that everyone in this forum considers Rui Patricio a wonderkid. I´ll assume this because that is what you interpret with the junction of his age and his rating. Let´s get something straight: Rui Patricio is not a wonderkid. His high rating is simply due to his game time' date=' because out of Porto, Sporting and Benfica, in Rui Patricio it is Sporting which has the weakest goalkeeper. And I rate Eduardo (Braga) and Nilson (Guimaraes) higher as well. I even rate Stojkovic higher! Including him in future world XI´s is absolutely laughable. With this I´m not telling you to sell him. Far from it. Until he reaches the 90, which I believe he will do in two jumps (89 --> 90) you should keep him. When he does, and if you have better goalkeepers than Patricio in your squad, dispatch him at the best offer, because I do not see him achieving a higher rating than that. The National Team is out of question for now with Beto, Eduardo, Moreira (apparently) and Daniel Fernandes in front of him, and I´m excluding the return of Quim if he recovers his good form.

[b']1st update:[/b] Racked all the minutes so far, both in the league and in Champions League/Europa League.

Derby ~

A few GK-related questions:

(1) I'm curious what you are thinking with regards to the current GK situation in the Portuguese Liga now that we are 10 games into the season. If it's not too much trouble can you rank the top handful of GKs.

(2) Also, seems like the Rui Patricio hype is still en-fuego. As far as Sporting's defense goes in the league you really can't get anymore average. Team sits mid-table when it comes to points, goals against and clean-sheets. Hell, even 73-rated Hugo Ventura @ bottom-half Olhanense has not only more clean-sheets but also a better Goals Against Average than Rui Patricio. Curious if you have changed your opinion on Rui Patricio or if it still stands.

thanks... and again, good work on this thread.

Derby ~

A few GK-related questions:

(1) I'm curious what you are thinking with regards to the current GK situation in the Portuguese Liga now that we are 10 games into the season. If it's not too much trouble can you rank the top handful of GKs.

(2) Also' date=' seems like the [b']Rui Patricio[/b] hype is still en-fuego. As far as Sporting's defense goes in the league you really can't get anymore average. Team sits mid-table when it comes to points, goals against and clean-sheets. Hell, even 73-rated Hugo Ventura @ bottom-half Olhanense has not only more clean-sheets but also a better Goals Against Average than Rui Patricio. Curious if you have changed your opinion on Rui Patricio or if it still stands.

thanks... and again, good work on this thread.

1 - The best overall goalkeeper has to be either Julio Cesar from Benfica, Pecanha from Maritimo or Peiser from Naval. I know it sounds strange, as none of them plays in any of the 'big four' except Julio Cesar, who then again, isn't a starter, but this is my honest opinion. Eduardo is awful in the air, reminds me Ricardo in every aspect when it comes to crosses, Quim and Helton are capable of astonishing reflex saves in one minute, and a horrible mistake in the next one (specially in the big games) - both lack regularity. Finally, Rui Patricio is a combination of Eduardo and Helton, having the defects of both of them. The ones I mention, Pecanha, Peiser and Julio Cesar, are IMO the best GKs to me. Naval can thank Peiser for not being in the relegation zone (he has saved a lot of points already), Julio Cesar is very safe out in the back, despite being second choice (...for now) in Benfica. He think he is the only GK playing in Portugal that hasn't suffered a goal on an official match yet. And Pecanha is very decent, similar to Peiser. The perfect GK would have the height and presence in the area of Eduardo, the long passing/counter attack ability of Helton and the reflexes of Peiser. But each of them individually... Well, let's just say the only position on the pitch I wouldn't recommend a foreign team to boost with the Portuguese League, would be the GK.

2 - He has played all the games with Sporting and is called for the NT (doesn't play though). I maintain my prediction. Besides, I think this is as lower as it can get in Sporting in terms of league table and goal ranking. From here on they will only improve.

what happing to Pereira Roque MAICON of porto?

Playing seldom= not rising. Still a good prospect though. The new Pepe.

For a laughable amount of 40 million :confused:. No player in Portugal is worth that IMO' date=' let alone Di Maria... The biggest flop City will ever sign this January. If the reports of the transfer move are correct.[/quote']

None of your pro-Porto, anti-Benfica bias coming in here DP!? :P

None of your pro-Porto' date=' anti-Benfica bias coming in here DP!? :P[/quote']

Nope, not really. I don't get all the hype around Di Maria :confused:. He is a banal player. 40 million for a player like him should give a lot of hope to a lot of people who dream one day of making it big :P. Heck, even some Benfica fans say that a 40 million bid is a gift from heaven.

Nope' date=' not really. I don't get all the hype around Di Maria :confused:. He is a banal player. 40 million for a player like him should give a lot of hope to a lot of people who dream one day of making it big :P. Heck, even some Benfica fans say that a 40 million bid is a gift from heaven.[/quote']

I completely agree, before this summer 40mil would be the 2nd highest transfer ever. Is Di Maria anywhere near that good, I don't think so

If Di Maria goes i'm pretty sure it'll be for nowhere near 40m' date=' then again City did pay £23m for Lescott so who knows![/quote']
I completely agree' date=' before this summer 40mil would be the 2nd highest transfer ever. Is Di Maria anywhere near that good, I don't think so[/quote']

At most, Di Maria would be worth of a transfer fee approaching the £20M, taking into account his age and potential, the fact he is an international, etc. More than that price is over-paying. 40M... Is just colossal. That is just about what City paid for Robinho. And Robinho is at a much higher standard than Di Maria.

DP - is David Luiz still looking good for 88/89?

Yes mate. And 88 is too little, he will get 89.