PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Ricky van Wolfswinkel goes to Norwich. Is that mean he gonna be stuck to 88 forever :)

probably' date=' to 89 or further only with another transfer for a bigger club or a season like Michu in Swansea.[/font']

how is gaitan doing?

He is a line-up player again, and have been playing well, he will probably leave Benfica at the end of the season. Not because he is playing really good and some big clubs want him but Benfica have a ton of wingers and his time in the club is over, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Vitorino Antunes - what do you folks think is his max rating?

Wrong thread i think' date=' but he has had his fair share of time to impress, but hasnt really lived up to his potential.

Will rise in future, but imo not over 88 :)[/color']

Wrong thread i think' date=' but he has had his fair share of time to impress, but hasnt really lived up to his potential.

Will rise in future, but imo not over 88 :)[/color']

I debated which thread to pop this question in. He is still a Pacos player, after all.:)

Thx for yr answer.

Will Jackson Martinez reach 90 soon? He's has done abriliant job this year for Porto' date=' score 23 goals in 25 games, 3 in CL.[/quote']

90/89 by the end of the season, imo. Even though he is somewhat fading recently.. Let's see how the title race comes out if Porto wins it, then it should be a given.

what do you think about player from pacos de fereira ?

i feel some of them deserved higher rating..

any opinions?

Yeah they will rise. ;)

Vitorino Antunes - what do you folks think is his max rating?

Hmm tough one, back in 2007 when he got the move to Roma he was dubbed the next Portugal LB starter, the successor of Nuno Valente. But the Italy campaign failed tremendously and only recently he did recover his ascencion vibe in Paços, deservedely.

I myself still think he has potencial and he was very good in the two games against Borussia. I believe 91 is his max rating for now in a somewhat distante near future ;);)

what do you think about player from pacos de fereira ?

i feel some of them deserved higher rating..

any opinions?

Yes they do, but thanks to SW and SM's tragic new review system, unfortunately nobody knows when and IF they will ever get reviewed...

I don't think Jackson will get 90 this season. 89 for sure but a 90 is a bit early IMO.

Oh he is 88! I was convinced he was 89 already. Well I take back what I said, there's very little chance he will reach 90 this season. I would say not a chance at all. 89 would suit him perfectly.

If Jackson stays at Porto next season' date=' he will be a "monster". I can not believe what he has already done in a weak Porto team.[/quote']

Weak Porto team? I don't spot a single weakness in Porto's team except their lack of depth on the bench... They have great players in all positions.

Weak Porto team? I don't spot a single weakness in Porto's team except their lack of depth on the bench... They have great players in all positions.

I am a Porto fan and I see all their flaws and why they probably won't be champions this year.

Defense, all good.

Midfield, as much as I love Lucho, he can't play the all game and become a weakness very fast. Then James is not a winger and he should be playing as a pure nº10.

Wings, the main flaw and why Porto isn't winning all the game. You can't play without players that create instablity in the opponent defense. Varela is not fast, is not a dribbler, is overall not a good player. Izmailov the same, and Defour (yeah, he plays as winger) also.

Even when young kids that are not prepared play, like Atsu, Seba and Kelvin, Porto looks always better.

Vitor Pereira, Porto's coach, is in love with ball possession and quick recover of the lost ball, but he forgets that playing with 5 midfielders, you won't win all the games. Even Barcelona, kings of ball possession, have players that can cause opportunities by themselves and their quality on the 1 one 1, like Pedro, Alexis.

If Jackson stays at Porto next season' date=' he will be a "monster". I can not believe what he has already done in a weak Porto team.[/quote']

I just realized that Falcao was in Porto before.. what happen if Jacko & Falcao plays for same team? :eek: :eek: :eek:

What ratings can the below mentioned players of Rio Ave FC get in the next review:

Ferreira Marcelo (77)

Tavares Fabinho; on loan at Real Madrid Castilla (75) -

Ahmed Hassan (77)

Jonathan Del Valle (80)

Souza Filipe (78)

Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

What is the potential of Cedric?

Cedric began as Sporting’s first-choice right-back, but in January's transfer window they acquired Portugal international Miguel Lopes which relegated Cedric to the bench. A recent injury to Lopes has given back Cedric the possibility to play full-time for Sporting. He's targeted by several clubs, especially in German and England. Sporting’s financial situation is not so good and i think that Miguel Lopes’ arrival will allow the club to cash in on Cedric.

If you have him in your squad keep him because he's a young offensively gifted full-backs, though he has to improve the defensive side of his game.

I can predict a +1 for him in future, even a +2 but not sure at all.

I just realized that Falcao was in Porto before.. what happen if Jacko & Falcao plays for same team? :eek: :eek: :eek:

They wouldn't :P Porto always played with a only striker in his 4-3-3

But yeah, many amazing strikers have been at Porto, Paciencia, Barros, Jardel, Lisandro, Falcao, Jackson and many many more