PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

They wouldn't :P Porto always played with a only striker in his 4-3-3

But yeah' date=' many amazing strikers have been at Porto, Paciencia, Barros, Jardel, Lisandro, Falcao, Jackson and many many more[/quote']

Jardel my absolute favorite!

What ratings can the below mentioned players of Rio Ave FC get in the next review:

Ferreira Marcelo (77)

Tavares Fabinho; on loan at Real Madrid Castilla (75) -

Ahmed Hassan (77)

Jonathan Del Valle (80)

Souza Filipe (78)

82/83

82/83

at a guess...

I am a Porto fan and I see all their flaws and why they probably won't be champions this year.

Defense' date=' all good.

Midfield, as much as I love Lucho, he can't play the all game and become a weakness very fast. Then James is not a winger and he should be playing as a pure nº10.

Wings, the main flaw and why Porto isn't winning all the game. You can't play without players that create instablity in the opponent defense. Varela is not fast, is not a dribbler, is overall not a good player. Izmailov the same, and Defour (yeah, he plays as winger) also.

Even when young kids that are not prepared play, like Atsu, Seba and Kelvin, Porto looks always better.

Vitor Pereira, Porto's coach, is in love with ball possession and quick recover of the lost ball, but he forgets that playing with 5 midfielders, you won't win all the games. Even Barcelona, kings of ball possession, have players that can cause opportunities by themselves and their quality on the 1 one 1, like Pedro, Alexis.[/quote']

Yeah you are probably right on the wing play thing, but you still have Varela, Atsu and now Izmailov and Kelvin who can play there and are not bad players.. It has been Vitor Pereira's choice to privelige possession and high pressure and I remember you Porto was kind of unstopppable until the Sporting game and then the away Malaga game with that same philosophy...

I believed that Hulk's exit early in the season would actually benefit Porto's colective play and it did until recently, when perhaps James's long absence began to tell.

They wouldn't :P Porto always played with a only striker in his 4-3-3

But yeah' date=' many amazing strikers have been at Porto, Paciencia, Barros, Jardel, Lisandro, Falcao, Jackson and many many more[/quote']

Mccharthy, Derlei, Postiga in his first spell... ;)

Hows Danilo doing? Any possible rating change?

Reasonably good, not this season.

Who would you rather have Quinones or Tiago Rodrigues?

At this moment, Tiago Rodrigues, he is playing for Guimaraes, and even if we don't know what his role will be at Porto, it will never be less than a line up player at Porto B.

Who would you rather have Quinones or Tiago Rodrigues?

They're not comparable, Quinones is a Lb/Wing and Tiago Rodrigues a Dm/Cm. Depends on what your needs are. They do have something in common, they will both have very little first team play if they don't get loaned out next season.

I am a Porto fan and I see all their flaws and why they probably won't be champions this year.

pitty...but next year the will be back...

Defense' date=' all good.

Midfield, as much as I love Lucho, he can't play the all game and become a weakness very fast. Then James is not a winger and he should be playing as a pure nº10.

Wings, the main flaw and why Porto isn't winning all the game. You can't play without players that create instablity in the opponent defense. Varela is not fast, is not a dribbler, is overall not a good player. Izmailov the same, and [b']Defour (yeah, he plays as winger)[/b] also.

Even when young kids that are not prepared play, like Atsu, Seba and Kelvin, Porto looks always better.

Vitor Pereira, Porto's coach, is in love with ball possession and quick recover of the lost ball, but he forgets that playing with 5 midfielders, you won't win all the games. Even Barcelona, kings of ball possession, have players that can cause opportunities by themselves and their quality on the 1 one 1, like Pedro, Alexis.

Since his youth age Defour has played in that position, especially the right and less on the left side, even als a attacking,centrum midd fielder and less als a defense fielder, where are these present times, along with, WITSEL & CARCELA GONZÁLEZ Mehdi were simply unstoppable then...though in Belguim .

ahh, that family affair, have him certainly not have done some good, and certainly have a impact on his game ...,need some more time,but is still not the same,als he was before...,same als carcela gonzalez ,also after a family affair, never has recovered his level.

Fc Porto

D.BRUNO + N.MIKEL...what about these 2..don't know it not for sure...thanks.

Both players that in my opinion will never be first team players at Porto. Mikel has been playing a lot but really bad, he is a monster phisically but he has goalkeeper feet.

David Bruno is nothing special, he will probably end up being a first division right back, can't see him do great things at Porto.

Since his youth age Defour has played in that position' date=' especially the right and less on the left side, even als a attacking,centrum midd fielder and less als a defense fielder, where are these present times, along with, WITSEL & CARCELA GONZÁLEZ Mehdi were simply unstoppable then...though in Belguim .

ahh, that family affair, have him certainly not have done some good, and certainly have a impact on his game ...,need some more time,but is still not the same,als he was before...,same als carcela gonzalez ,also after a family affair, never has recovered his level.[/quote']

Don't get me wrong I really like Defour, I know what he did when he was at Liege but he has no winger, not good in the 1 on 1, not very fast etc...

He will be a good option for replacing Moutinho and will fight for the spot with Herrera.

What I loved about him is that he cares about Porto, and did whatever he could to have a good transition, got to know the language (he now talks portuguese), he works hard and we can see it, he is a smart guy and I hope he has a breakthrough season.

CÉDRIC, Soares...is he really that good ...or not.

you know 'm follow the portugese scoccer,but this year a lot less,'m to far away now from portugal...,from sporting,who do you think is a must buy and keep player...from youngh players-22years.

thanks.

CÉDRIC' date=' Soares...is he really that good ...or not.

you know 'm follow the portugese scoccer,but this year a lot less,'m to far away now from portugal...,from sporting,who do you think is a must buy and keep player...from youngh players-22years.

thanks.[/quote']

From Sporting?

Cedric is a good player, and will be a national team player, but he stills has a lot of flaws, the biggest on is bringing the ball to the attack, defense/offense transition. Some rumors said that he could go to the bundesliga, but nothing is certain and he will maybe stay.

As you may know Sporting has financial issues and because of this they will try to make their young players better, most of them out of the academy. With that saud:

Keep them all, at least until we see the Sporting squad for next season.

From Sporting?...

no big fan from FC PORTO..just looking to buy some youngh not or well "portugees" players....from sporting ..lol' date='is a extranal world..and full compleet ,and we are in season 2 now...a GW ;)

Keep them all, at least until we see the Sporting squad for next season.[/quote']

I though about these players

João Mário ,Betinho, Bruma ,Ilori Tiago ,Martins André , Cedric,

Esgaio Ricardo,Chaby Carlos, Mica.

no protugese players

Rubio, Diego,Labyad, Zakaria and Arias, Santiago

I though about these players

João Mário ' date='Betinho, Bruma ,Ilori Tiago ,Martins André , Cedric,

Esgaio Ricardo,Chaby Carlos, Mica.

no protugese players

Rubio, Diego,Labyad, Zakaria and Arias, Santiago[/quote']

I would buy: