PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Now that Cardozo is about to leave' date=' you'd think Benfica would give [b']arguably Portugals best upcoming CF[/b] a chance (Nelson Oliveira), seems unlikely though. They really have wasted his last couple of seasons.

That is certainly very very very arguable. I am all about results so for me the best Portugal CF atm is Postiga. But skill and potencialwise, I have no doubts Eder is the best CF. I hope he comes back in the same form he was before the injury.

And no, he won't get many chances, there is Lima, Rodrigo, Markovic, Sulejmani, and others i can't remember.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

I would argue about that.

If he can't be the main striker of a team that got relagated' date=' something is wrong. I never really liked him, we will see what Benfica will do with him[/quote']

He's a good player with lots of potential, by far the best portuguese CF potentially wise, and in Benfica he could step up if given a chance to learn from Lima for example. And about him not being a the main striker in a relegated SPANISH team doesn't say much to me, Coentrão barely played in his loan at Zaragoza and i think they were playing in Segunda at the time.

JMH meant the top teams' date=' because people mainly ask question about ratings of Benfica, Sporting, Porto.. There are of course plenty of risers in other 1st and 2nd league teams which, given the new ratings system, I guess will be reviewed throughout time. The cases you mentioned of course will rise, the more debatable ones are 89 to 90's, 88 to 89's, etc[/quote']

Ahh I see. Thought at least Estoril would be included in that as they qualified for the Europa

He's a good player with lots of potential' date=' by far the best portuguese CF potentially wise, and in Benfica he could step up if given a chance to learn from Lima for example. And about him not being a the main striker in a relegated SPANISH team doesn't say much to me, Coentrão barely played in his loan at Zaragoza and i think they were playing in Segunda at the time.[/quote']

Let's see statistics:

Games: 75 + 17 + 2 + 10 = 104 games

Minutes: 2762 + 846 + 43 + 220 = 3871 minutes

Goals: 8 + 3 + 1 + 1= 13 goals

Or, 0.125 goals per game

Or, 0.3 goals per 90 minutes played.

I can't understand the hype

Let's see statistics:

Games: 75 + 17 + 2 + 10 = 104 games

Minutes: 2762 + 846 + 43 + 220 = 3871 minutes

Goals: 8 + 3 + 1 + 1= 13 goals

Or' date=' 0.125 goals per game

Or, 0.3 goals per 90 minutes played.

I can't understand the hype[/quote']

The main function of the striker is to score, and the goal of a football team is to win the game, but in my opinion if a striker doesn't score, but helps his team to win, its fine by me, and doesn't make him a lesser player.

Anyway most of the time, coaches put players only 15 to 30 at a time especially when they have the rope around their necks and then expect them to be a Mantorras. Strikers above all players need confidence and being thrown to the wolfs most of the time isn't a good idea, this isn't Sparta.

And i'm not hyping anyone, i'm stating my opinion about him, and you disagreeing with it doesn't mean i'm hyping him nor that you are bashing him.

The main function of the striker is to score' date=' and the goal of a football team is to win the game, but in my opinion if a striker doesn't score, but helps his team to win, its fine by me, and doesn't make him a lesser player.

Anyway most of the time, coaches put players only 15 to 30 at a time especially when they have the rope around their necks and then expect them to be a Mantorras. Strikers above all players need confidence and being thrown to the wolfs most of the time isn't a good idea, this isn't Sparta.[/quote']

Thrown to the wolfs?

I agree with you about the goals, but the influence he has is not that great and I never understood what he did to deserve the label he got and still has.

He has potential, he his young, but he his not "arguably the best portuguese striker in potential category".

Eder is, in my opinion the best portuguese striker, in potential and quality

Thrown to the wolfs?

I agree with you about the goals' date=' but the influence he has is not that great and I never understood what he did to deserve the label he got and still has.

He has potential, he his young, but he his not "arguably the best portuguese striker in potential category".

Eder is, in my opinion the best portuguese striker, in potential and quality[/quote']

I said arguably? I don't think so, but i meant to say that in my opinion he's the best CF of Portugal potential wise. I like him, i like seeing him play, i think he could be huge if well oriented. He had a huge influence in most Portugal games in the Euro for example, and if Bento had used him more wisely the outcome could of been different.

I agree that Edinho is a good player and could be better in the future, but i just don't see him getting far.

I said arguably? I don't think so' date=' but i meant to say that in my opinion he's the best CF of Portugal potential wise. I like him, i like seeing him play, i think he could be huge if well oriented. He had a huge influence in most Portugal games in the Euro for example, and if Bento had used him more wisely the outcome could of been different.

I agree that Edinho is a good player and could be better in the future, but i just don't see him getting far.[/quote']

Not Edinho, Eder.

Yes' date=' sorry, Eder, i messed the names, but haven't he used other name besides Eder in his shirt this season?[/quote']

He had Eder on the shirt, was known as Ederzito at Académica. And is still a player that is highly rated on the PL market

He had Eder on the shirt' date=' was known as Ederzito at Académica. And is still a player that is highly rated on the PL market[/quote']

Yes, it was that name, he used that name in a Braga shirt too, i saw it recently at a glance, but don't don't if it was a recent game or a re-run.

Yes' date=' sorry, Eder, i messed the names, but haven't he used other name besides Eder in his shirt this season?[/quote']

LOL yeah it's Ederzito :D:D

About Nelson Oliveira, I agree with Eos, he was very hyped too early not by you Vitor of course but by the Lisbon media and Benfica fans especially after the U20 cup two years ago where he was indeed nearly brilliant playing the lone FORWARD role. From what I've seen, he is a super athlete one of the strongest I've seen in his age but he has too many flaws namely technical and the most striking inability to shoot without immediatly going for power.

And in the Euro2012 his impact was not that huge as you say, in my view. Portugal won that last minute game against Denmark he was important pinning down the CB's with his power but I would say Varela was more important coming from the bench allowing Nani to go central. And when Postiga got suspended against Spain, the starter was Hugo Almeida not him.

I agree with Vitor when you say it's still very early by refering to the Coentrão's case ( he was a pure winger when he had his flop seasons) but, right now, I really don't see it, unfortunately.

He had Eder on the shirt' date=' was known as Ederzito at Académica. And is still a player that is highly rated on the PL market[/quote']

Yeah that "Cueca" he applied on Carrick in the CL, that's something tha must have stayed in their minds hehe.

@EOS 11

I have receive the following message today, from a reliable source and good friend who work for Jornal de Noticias.

FC Porto would have bought JUAN Quintero for € 15 M in totaal €9M+€6M bonuses today .

hope you understand me, know that there are many speculations, and that Fc Porto had already longer interested in Quintero, hopefully he has it right. Would be a great purchase if it is true.

Until now I find nothing back on the internet about a possible purchase.

we will see, hence this message maybe you know more ???....true or not, I can not confirm it.

Forgive me if it's not right, he usually has it right when I really really ask for news on Porto,and sure now due my to long stay abroad I miss everything at home and in Portugal.

Thanks.

@EOS 11

I have receive the following message today' date=' from a reliable source and good friend who work for Jornal de Noticias.

FC Porto would have bought JUAN Quintero for € 15 M in totaal today .

hope you understand me, know that there are many speculations, and that Fc Porto had already longer interested in Quintero, hopefully he has it right. Would be a great purchase if it is true.

we will see, hence this message maybe you know more ....true or not, I can not confirm it.

Forgive me if it's not right, he usually has it right when I really really ask for news on Porto,and sure now due my to long stay abroad I miss everything at home and in Portugal.

Thanks.

Quintero? 15 M? That's a lot of money, he would replace James in my opinion and he was one of the possibilities that were on the table (at least that was what the rumours said).

Let's see if it's true, I was waiting for a winger (even if he doesn't play always on the wing at Pescara) but I had forgotten Quintero already

@EOS 11

I have receive the following message today' date=' from a reliable source and good friend who work for Jornal de Noticias.

FC Porto would have bought JUAN Quintero for € 15 M in totaal €9M+€6M bonuses today .

we will see, hence this message maybe you know more ???....true or not, I can not confirm it.

Thanks.

He is very good, but 15M sure looks like a lot of money........

And nothing is seems to be leaking out so I'm learning from you also.

He is very good' date=' but 15M sure looks like a lot of money........

And nothing is seems to be leaking out so I'm learning from you also.[/quote']

Don't have said it is true...i hope is it is true ,and think it will be,is older reporter and a good friend..just post it in here though eos 11 know something ,but is not..so we wait untill there is a confrim, know quintero have send a twitter message, some day's ago saying goodbye not more not less...!

He play on the same styl als James ,more in the centre and less on the wings..have find this story today.

Updated: May 3, 2013..not from today is a older post.

Sky Sports Italia is reporting that FC Porto are now leading the race in signing Atletico Nacional’s midfielder Juan Quintero.

The player has had an impressive first season in Serie A and has caught the eye of top European clubs while on loan at Pescara with numerous clubs rumoured to be interested in making a bid for the player, with FC Porto said to be leading the race.

The Dragons have an excellent scouting network in South America and they have been keeping tabs on Quintero for some time and officials of the club are said to believe now is the right time to launch a bid for the player thought to be around the € 7 million mark.

http://transfer-talk.com/seriea/porto-lead-chase-for-juan-quintero/

I would argue about that.

If he can't be the main striker of a team that got relagated' date=' something is wrong. I never really liked him, we will see what Benfica will do with him[/quote']

First game of the season he came on in the 63rd minute and scored a 20 yard lob, his first start came in the 27th league game, and has only started 3 games all season, mainly coming on the the last 20 minutes. Depor havent exactly gave him a chance.

And its highly unlikely he will have a career at Benfica, if they never gave him a chance in the first team after the U20 WC and impressive Euro's, its not going to happen now.

That is certainly very very very arguable. I am all about results so for me the best Portugal CF atm is Postiga. But skill and potencialwise' date=' I have no doubts Eder is the best CF. I hope he comes back in the same form he was before the injury.

And no, he won't get many chances, there is Lima, Rodrigo, Markovic, Sulejmani, and others i can't remember.[/quote']

I was talking about upcoming CF, as in young with potential.

He's a good player with lots of potential' date=' by far the best portuguese CF potentially wise, and in Benfica he could step up if given a chance to learn from Lima for example. And about him not being a the main striker in a relegated SPANISH team doesn't say much to me, Coentrão barely played in his loan at Zaragoza and i think they were playing in Segunda at the time.[/quote']

I remember watching him in the U20 WC and he looked very classy, quick, technical yet physical at the same time, reminds me very much of Alvaro Morata, both similar type of strikers, the Spaniard is having a big impact at the U21's currently.

Oliveira has had a real hard season at Depor, booing by his own fans never helped him either. He needs a team and a manager who will have confidence in him, to give him confidence. He's going on to 22 now, so upcoming season is crucial, so much potential there.

A permanent move to Sporting Lisbon would be perfect for him imo, especially as RVW has left, no one is better than them at developing Portugese talent, they should try a cut price deal for him.

Riferimento: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Hey can any Portuguese speaking person please translate/tell me what this article is about? Google Translate doesnt help much

:(

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=408530

I'm not portoguese but I'm kinda good at translating, it is about Mourinho and the money he "gave" Porto and Benfica buying players from them for his teams, he has already given Benfica 78M and Porto 68,5M plus his clause in 2004. The process began in 2004 when he bought Tiago

Re: Riferimento: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Th

I'm not portoguese but I'm kinda good at translating' date=' it is about Mourinho and the money he "gave" Porto and Benfica buying players from them for his teams, he has already given Benfica 78M and Porto 68,5M plus his clause in 2004. The process began in 2004 when he bought Tiago[/quote']

Ok thanks, lol I thought he was donating money

:P

Summer transfers in Portuguese Super Liga

Benfica

Paraguayan midfielder Jorge Rojas from Cerro Porteno for a fee of 1.3m.

Serbian midfielder Filip Djuricic from Heerenveen for a fee of 6m.

Paraguayan midfielder Jorge Luis Rojas from Cerro Porteno.

Serbian forward Lazar Markovic from Partizan for a fee of 10m.

Serbian midfielder Miralem Sulejmani on a free transfer from Ajax.

Serbian defender Stefan Mitrovic from Kortrijk for a fee of 1.1m.

Braga

Forward Edinho on a free transfer from Academica Coimbra.

Dutch forward Leandro Kappel on a free transfer from Doxa Drama.

Gil Vicente

Brazilian midfielder Djalma from Santo Andre.

Nacional Fuch.

Mozambique defender Zainadine Junior from Maputo.

P.Ferreira

Brazilian midfielder Rodrigo Antonio from Maritimo.

Porto

Brazilian midfielder Carlos Eduardo from Estoril for a fee of 0.8m.

Mexican defender Diego Reyes from America for a fee of 7m.

Mexican midfielder Hector Herrera from Pachuca for a fee of 10m.

Midfielder Josue from Pacos Ferreira.

Forward Lica from Estoril.

Forward Ricardo Pereira from Guimaraes for a fee of 1m.

Midfielder Tiago Rodrigues from Guimaraes.

Sporting

Brazilian defender Jefferson from Estoril for a fee of 0.4m.

Any more news from Portugees clubs ?

Summer transfers in Portuguese Super Liga

Benfica

Paraguayan midfielder Jorge Rojas from Cerro Porteno for a fee of 1.3m.

Serbian midfielder Filip Djuricic from Heerenveen for a fee of 6m.

Paraguayan midfielder Jorge Luis Rojas from Cerro Porteno.

Serbian forward Lazar Markovic from Partizan for a fee of 10m.

Serbian midfielder Miralem Sulejmani on a free transfer from Ajax.

Serbian defender Stefan Mitrovic from Kortrijk for a fee of 1.1m.

Braga

Forward Edinho on a free transfer from Academica Coimbra.

Dutch forward Leandro Kappel on a free transfer from Doxa Drama.

Joãozinho from Beira Mar

Juan Carlos from Real Bétis Sevilla

Salvador Agra on loan from Real Bétis Sevilla

Luiz Carlos from Paços de Ferreira

Cássio from Paços de Ferreira

Porcellis from Santa Clara

Vitor Bastos from Giumarães B

Felipe Pardo from Medellin

Welthon on loan from Grémio Anapólis

Florent from Moreirense

Luís Silva from Leixões

Pedro Santos from Vitória de Setúbal

Gil Vicente

Brazilian midfielder Djalma from Santo Andre.

Diogo Viana from Penafiel

Bruno Moraes (yeah that one) from Upjest FC

Pedro from Freamunde

Vitor Ginçalves from Portimonense

Nacional Fuch.

Mozambique defender Zainadine Junior from Maputo.

P.Ferreira

Brazilian midfielder Rodrigo Antonio from Maritimo.

Porto

Brazilian midfielder Carlos Eduardo from Estoril for a fee of 0.8m.

Mexican defender Diego Reyes from America for a fee of 7m.

Mexican midfielder Hector Herrera from Pachuca for a fee of 10m.

Midfielder Josue from Pacos Ferreira.

Forward Lica from Estoril.

Forward Ricardo Pereira from Guimaraes for a fee of 1m.

Midfielder Tiago Rodrigues from Guimaraes.

Sporting

Brazilian defender Jefferson from Estoril for a fee of 0.4m.

Returning from Loan :

André Santos

Diogo Salomão

Nuno Reis

Wilson Eduardo

Any more news from Portugees clubs ?

Just some editing to your data' date=' in bold from Braga and Gil Vicente.

Source:[url']http://www.zerozero.pt/transfers.php?epoca=143&pais_equipa=1&main_teams=1&jogador_pais=0&equipa=0&temp_equipa=FC+Porto&search_equipa=&pesquisa=Pesquisar[/url]

Selected some of the latest rumours I find more credible and interesting from Portugal, for your entertainment:

Mourinho got a new Platinum Credit Card from Abramovich, he seems very keen on tearing Matic's 40 million clause appart.

Doria, recently awarded best CB of the Toulon festival, is set to star in the next transfer battle between Benfica and Porto. Troubled Botafogo already sold their share to a South American Investment Bank, and this Bank has made public its desire to resell it to a top Portuguese club.

Pizzi will be again loaned by Atlético Madrid, Sporting in the front to guarantee his services.

Porto's new coach, Paulo Fonseca, is said to be an admirer of once 91 rated on SM Fucile. He will be given a full chance in the pre-season. Great move by him, if you ask me. Don't know about locker room issues but Fucile in his prime would be a very fine addition to any squad given his ability to play RB or LB equally well.